New Patch & decomposing 3*

Options
12346»

Comments

• Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So it seems that they are taking an "Office Space" approach to "fixing the glitch". Ummm. We just fixed the glitch. He no longer gets his paycheck so it will sort of just work itself out on it's own..............

OK maybe not a reference everyone will get, but spoiler alert.............he burns the place down.

So how about instead of taking away from all of us the devs do something about the glitch itself? I'm sure they can recreate it so why don't they just fix it so they can't glitch in through the walls. If they have to run through the instance each time I'm sure it would slow them enough to not be worth it. Fix the code = fix the problem. Add in a few IP bans for offenders. Surely they can track time in an instance. So if someone is in an instance for only 2 minutes and kills all 3 bosses then it might trigger an alarm to look into this person's activities. Start checking logs. Etc. Then once you determine they are in fact cheating......BAM.....hit them with an IP ban. No playing around with suspensions or account bans. They'll just create new ones. Of course there are ways around these through proxies, etc, but start enforcing your rules and maybe someone will take you seriously.

Or I guess you can take the lazy way out because it's easiest and who cares about the rest of the player base anyways..........
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So it seems that they are taking an "Office Space" approach to "fixing the glitch". Ummm. We just fixed the glitch. He no longer gets his paycheck so it will sort of just work itself out on it's own..............

OK maybe not a reference everyone will get, but spoiler alert.............he burns the place down.

So how about instead of taking away from all of us the devs do something about the glitch itself? I'm sure they can recreate it so why don't they just fix it so they can't glitch in through the walls. If they have to run through the instance each time I'm sure it would slow them enough to not be worth it. Fix the code = fix the problem. Add in a few IP bans for offenders. Surely they can track time in an instance. So if someone is in an instance for only 2 minutes and kills all 3 bosses then it might trigger an alarm to look into this person's activities. Start checking logs. Etc. Then once you determine they are in fact cheating......BAM.....hit them with an IP ban. No playing around with suspensions or account bans. They'll just create new ones. Of course there are ways around these through proxies, etc, but start enforcing your rules and maybe someone will take you seriously.

Or I guess you can take the lazy way out because it's easiest and who cares about the rest of the player base anyways..........

Like you said, it's possible but too much work.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What they do is very simple: glich inside the wall, kill the bosses and repeat. There are hundreds of bots doing that every minute. You might not know but many things such as Forest Ruins and montly/annual horse race were just plain removed because of the same reason.

I don't think this could be too much of a problem on our server or I would be seeing way more people selling mirages and probably a lot more of the molds that drop in that instance. And if it was an issue here, I'd honestly rather let some people get a stack of mirages/molds by glitching rather than have my own hard-worked for mirages taken away.

Punishing the abusers is just. Punishing us all is laziness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Punishing the abusers is just. Punishing us all is laziness.

There, and we need to work hard to farm and do everything for them to just come for the shortcut and damn us all.

I spend hours farming, and still can't afford all the stuff I want, at least formerly I was able to wine instances and keep the drops, even for mirages.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]