Project Fashion Female Winners! Final Poll!

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
main_details_banner_projectfashion_022310.jpg

After going receiving close to 2000 submissions, parsing the total down to a serviceable 300, cutting those down to a top 20 per gender, and working with 12 different judges, we are finally down to a top 5 fashions for each gender!

All 10 creators of these fashions will receive one Wardrobe Stone as well as one entire fashion set (headwear, top, bottom, and shoes) of their choice from the Boutique!

We are now in the final stage of this contest - the forum poll!

Remember, whichever design gets the most votes in one week will be considered the winner of the event, and will win the

Grand Prize of 10,000 ZEN!

The polls will close Friday April 16th at 6pm Pacific!

And now: Female fashions!
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• frankieraye
    edited April 2010
    Design A

Zasian_leisure_colsmall.jpg

Design B

ZFash_Design_2_Completesmall.jpg

Design C

ZFashion_3small.jpg
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2010
    Design D

ZK_Designsmall.jpg

Design E

ZPWI_donesmall.jpg

Good luck to all!
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm so glad that two of my favourite designs have appeared here at the final poll. Although that also kind of means I'm not because it's a tough choice to actually vote for one of them.

Good luck to all the designs I see here and their creators. We'll have a smashing fashion set whoever the winner. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    A and B are just plain not good. C isn't too bad, but the art offered was poor - D is the only actually original set - E is ok, but too similar to what is already offered.

And of course like a dummy I accidentally voted for the wrong one :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • _Alchemist_ - Dreamweaver
    _Alchemist_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    im shocked that this is the top 5, c'mon?!? i saw better in the posts threads
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Prepare for a phantasmagoric panoply of magical powers!
    Your abilities will be mine!
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    A and B are just plain not good. C isn't too bad, but the art offered was poor - D is the only actually original set - E is ok, but too similar to what is already offered.

And of course like a dummy I accidentally voted for the wrong one :p

I'll admit A is lacking but I found B to be one of the better sets. Admittedly, not one of the sets made by that person I want to see, but it's respectable all the same. C's artwork isn't poor, it's just that the angle is bad and you don't actually see the fashion from the front. D is not what I would call original. The design is great but the first thing I thought when I saw it was "Joker & Harlequin" from Batman. No way is that design original [no design is, actually, all art and ideas by this stage have been influenced or thought up from something else] it just looks good.

And to be honest, I like E. It's similar to other fashion sets we have, yes, but to mix and match from current fashions wasn't a bad idea. Why? Because if the people like the fashions you mix and match they're more likely to want your design.

Just sharin' opinions here. =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I voted for D. Yes, the hat and whatnot are a bit cliche...but I still love the design. Two-tone, black-and-white, and joker hat? YES, PLEASE!

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I voted.. however i hope they redo this post or at least look into it b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roxiann - Heavens Tear
    Roxiann - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have posted this before... I'll post it again

http://niki-uk.deviantart.com/art/Costume-Design-WyngStrypez-37363230

Design D is not their design. Its a stolen design.
    Lvl 7x Cleric
    Lvl 3x Veno
    Lvl 3X Archer

Its just a game ^^
    edited April 2010
    I'll admit A is lacking but I found B to be one of the better sets. Admittedly, not one of the sets made by that person I want to see, but it's respectable all the same. C's artwork isn't poor, it's just that the angle is bad and you don't actually see the fashion from the front. D is not what I would call original. The design is great but the first thing I thought when I saw it was "Joker & Harlequin" from Batman. No way is that design original [no design is, actually, all art and ideas by this stage have been influenced or thought up from something else] it just looks good.

And to be honest, I like E. It's similar to other fashion sets we have, yes, but to mix and match from current fashions wasn't a bad idea. Why? Because if the people like the fashions you mix and match they're more likely to want your design.

Just sharin' opinions here. =3

b:victory

Wouldn't be much fun if we couldn't all share our opinions, would it?

Anyway, I stand by what I said with A and B - I just don't see anything impressive about either. 'A' would be ok were it more in depth. 'B' is well done on every end except for the originality aspect - I see nothing there that isn't very close to things already in-game. "C'" . . . I apologize if I phrased it poorly, the artwork itself is nice, but the offering doesn't go into enough depth for my taste. "D" - yes it looks like something out of Batman - but at least it looks like something we don't already have . . . which I can't say about "E". I like both entries - but I'm certainly not voting for something we pretty much already have. Except for the part where I think I accidentally voted for 'E' anyway b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Alchemist_ - Dreamweaver
    _Alchemist_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010

*Gasp* i dont think they did much research before judging these pictures. we already have a disqualification. it was apparently for another contest. o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Prepare for a phantasmagoric panoply of magical powers!
    Your abilities will be mine!
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    b:victory

Wouldn't be much fun if we couldn't all share our opinions, would it?

Anyway, I stand by what I said with A and B - I just don't see anything impressive about either. 'A' would be ok were it more in depth. 'B' is well done on every end except for the originality aspect - I see nothing there that isn't very close to things already in-game. "C'" . . . I apologize if I phrased it poorly, the artwork itself is nice, but the offering doesn't go into enough depth for my taste. "D" - yes it looks like something out of Batman - but at least it looks like something we don't already have . . . which I can't say about "E". I like both entries - but I'm certainly not voting for something we pretty much already have. Except for the part where I think I accidentally voted for 'E' anyway b:laugh

Very true. xD

I will admit, design A didn't catch my eye. B, I will admit, I just didn't like that set the most out of the artwork it's creator made [I apologise for my poor ability to not remember your name. |D ] The pirate fashion is a set we already have and yes, while it's not very pirate-y, it's similar to fashion we already have that I'm just not interested in.

Alright, now you've rephrased, I agree with you on C. XD

I won't deny that as far as in-game fashion goes, D is very original. [Although I just checked that link somebody posted at the bottom of the last page and... is that design a steal? That would be great if we could have some confirmation on that. I'll note this person on dA to double check myself.] I won't say any more on D, actually, until it's been figured out just who made that design. Just in case.

E I still like most. It just combines elements of some of my favourite fash and in the face that D doesn't win, I would hope E does, because both the last two designs I like. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roxiann - Heavens Tear
    Roxiann - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm sure they just didn't have the time to do much research on them. Everyone really wanted to see the winners, and so many entries. I hope they take this one out. I would hate to see this person getting credit for someone elses work!
    Lvl 7x Cleric
    Lvl 3x Veno
    Lvl 3X Archer

Its just a game ^^
    edited April 2010

I assume there is proof that the DA poster and the PWI poster are not the same person?

And seriously - Ted is old and dumb as hell, so feel free to laugh if the proof was obvious and he didn't see it b:thanks

But yeah - if it is clear that the two aren't the same and that someone pointed that out already, one has to wonder who made these choices b:surrender

*Edit also Airyll - who does "E" remind me of - it's driving me nuts . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2010

thats the one i was talking about just emailed the deviant art owner and hopefully she can get action done. it shouldnt have made it to the finals to start b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    I assume there is proof that the DA poster and the PWI poster are not the same person?

And seriously - Ted is old and dumb as hell, so feel free to laugh if the proof was obvious and he didn't see it b:thanks

But yeah - if it is clear that the two aren't the same and that someone pointed that out already, one has to wonder who made these choices b:surrender

*Edit also Airyll - who does "E" remind me of - it's driving me nuts . . .

I've just sent that dA user a note, explaining the situation and asking if she was aware of it. To be honest, looking at the original design, I find the removal of the copyright suspicious, but at the same time a lot of designs came in without copyrights.

Hopefully the dA user will get back to me with confirmation - which I will personally screenshot and post in here afterwards for all to see [both my note to her and the response.]

-Edit : I dunno Ted, but I have to admit I kind of recognised E. At least, the coloured picture. But I can't place it down as something I've actually seen before for the life of me, so for now I won't complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    No no no - the new story is how horrible the male winners are . . . we talk about that now :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Here's a thought. let the mods contact them to find out the validity of this. you guys aren't mods on here (although Airyll like i said in another thread u might as well be you're on here so much lmao). I'm sure Frankie's seen this or will see it before they close the polls..... Let the MODS contact them instead of spamming the DA person with emails out the ****. lol

Edit: I'm a guy actually...... so idk.... i dont' really like any of these. And B's got me suspicious. It's obviously a screenshot from a game but which one? The eyepatch made me think FFXI for a minute but nope that game backround kinda looks like PWI....

I like the ninja-like one... if i had a female assasin. But i thnk the last one will win, if it doesnt' get disqualified as well... it DOES look familiar.

Also... Why wasn't starshade's blue dress one of these 5? It looks a hell of a lot better then a couple of these to say the least. If you can't remember what i'm talking about, go to the News section, go to like the 3rd page of news posts (your'e looking for the FIRST fashion contest one you'll see).
  • Revoltech - Lost City
    Revoltech - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Why no love for C? I want my sexy ninjas xD
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Here's a thought. let the mods contact them to find out the validity of this. you guys aren't mods on here (although Airyll like i said in another thread u might as well be you're on here so much lmao). I'm sure Frankie's seen this or will see it before they close the polls..... Let the MODS contact them instead of spamming the DA person with emails out the ****. lol

Actually, to be honest:

If it's a moderators job to check these things and if this was actually being done professionally the moderators would have already checked for theft in entries.

The fact we have potential theft at this stage in the contest implores that nobody bothered to check through the original thread, and that nobody bothered to check the final designs for validity themselves either. At this stage, the moderators and GMs had their chance to do this themselves and be professional about it. They failed.

Now we do it.
    No no no - the new story is how horrible the male winners are . . . we talk about that now :D

I'm in agreement, a lot of the final male fashion picks are horrendously bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    I'm in agreement, a lot of the final male fashion picks are horrendously bad.

It was one thing back when they did "Make Your Own Fashion Sets" - that was my fault for not entering . . . when they decided that 7 out of 10 of the winners would go to people wearing complete sets directly out of the cash shop. . . That I could have done something against.

This one I'm stuck - I'm old and not that bright - and I sure as heck don't know how to make my computerbox do the picture thing with the cloths and whatnot. So in my mind, that leaves me free to criticize non-stop :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    It was one thing back when they did "Make Your Own Fashion Sets" - that was my fault for not entering . . . when they decided that 7 out of 10 of the winners would go to people wearing complete sets directly out of the cash shop. . . That I could have done something against.

This one I'm stuck - I'm old and not that bright - and I sure as heck don't know how to make my computerbox do the picture thing with the cloths and whatnot. So in my mind, that leaves me free to criticize non-stop :D

The favouritism for full sets was to be expected - if they were going to make the winner a potential fashion set in game they would want a full fashion set to milk the most money out of their customers. Oh ho ho, PWE does it again, the genius. /sarcasm

I didn't enter in the end because I generally suck at two things:

- Drawing people
    - Drawing clothes

So I was really out of luck for this one. Of course, whether I had entered or not, I still would have criticised the male fashion choices I'm seeing in that thread, because they're just so godawful it's unreal. Most, anyway. The one that's a relatively good design isn't fashion more so "mutant arm" stuff and the relatively okay design is rather... bland.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    C girls would look so cool in that .......... ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Aurii - Raging Tide
    Aurii - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:surrender no offense to anyone who made it this far...but I'm rather disappointed in the choices...

I feel kind of let down now...I had gotten excited about some of the other entries I had seen and these are kind of....bleh. Good luck to the finalists (except the one who posted the supposedly stolen entry.......unless that accusation is proven false b:scorn)
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Come on now Moderators....... The fact that we discussed this FREQUENTLY in the Fashion Thread is what I am most disappointed about. If I am not mistaken, it was actually the very same piece in question that we found ourselves as stolen.

www.tineye.com

I gave this in the Fashion Thread... it is a wayy easy online tool for essentially searching the web for images. The fact that you can't be resourceful and take pride in your selections is what I'm most bummed about. Stop half-a**ing your events and perhaps the PW community would be a tad less angry all the time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hold on a sec!

We Moderators have nothing to do with any of this. In fact this is the first time I even saw some of the entrys. The same can be said for Hawk and Andracil. It is saturday morning for me not even 7am right now, for most of you it is probably late saturday night.

There is nothing we can do at the moment. We will speak to the GM's as soon as we see one. In the meantime be patient please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hold on a sec!

We Moderators have nothing to do with any of this. In fact this is the first time I even saw some of the entrys. The same can be said for Hawk and Andracil. It is saturday morning for me not even 7am right now, for most of you it is probably late saturday night.

There is nothing we can do at the moment. We will speak to the GM's as soon as we see one. In the meantime be patient please.
    How about putting in option F?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Aliceaelin - Sanctuary
    Aliceaelin - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm disappointed. I saw really original and good drawn designs and these... b:sad
    A - nice picture, but I have no idea how sleeves look. Is this a project? Sorry, but looks like 5 minutes work.
    D - stolen
    C,E - no comments

In my opinion, the only good fashion design is B well done and great details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AliceAelin.deviantart.com
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Voted for ya, Kyna. Not the set I'd hoped to see in there, but gratz all the same :)
  • TsukiNoHana - Heavens Tear
    TsukiNoHana - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    aaaa, mmmm, i dont like this, A- is good and look lil different but similar at same time to what we have in boutique, B- this, idk, i know is good but i cant like me idk why, C- well this remember me a lil to armor sets, but i should say no, D- the only one i love, but if is really stolen, no way i dont care any other winner, E- well like someone say it, it look like a mix of fashion but look good,

and, if D is really stolen well, the winner must be B that look like the one better made and is lil dif from others, also, A but not so much details

and sorry for all who feel a great grief reading my post, atm im learning english(i can read and understand like 70%) but i am so bad writing it, also my teacher english is not good,, sorry to all
This discussion has been closed.