Project Fashion Female Winners! Final Poll!

Options

Comments

• Shelle - Lost City
    Shelle - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    WOW we have 2 on men one stolen and 2 on women so out of 10 they picked only 6 are true works and 4 stolen ones great job PWI. Show us how much you care.

They need to start over and replace stolen works. But i dough they will didn't really care when they picked them so don't think it will happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My goodness, this is tragic.

In the male and female categories we see art theft/lack of originality, bad reviews and better choices that were discarded. Even if PWI wanted an anime/generic futuristic techno based ninja game design, were these really the best choices?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wheres the "None" option?

that is all
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wheres the "None" option?

that is all

epic win !

nuff said.
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Whats even more sad is the number of people who don't even read a few pages of the thread to find out they are all ripped from something. Except the pirate one, but not like thats something interesting.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    RULES:

Fashion can be drawn or photoshopped.

Images must be in JPG, PNG, BMP, or GIF format only.

Fashion cannot use any copyrighted materials.

Players can send in as many entries as they wish.

Upon submitting your design, it becomes property of Perfect World Entertainment, and may be used by the design team of Perfect World International.

THIS disqualifies the stolen designes. If they won't take it out of contest, then well, they are stupid. And then this...
    Upon submitting your design, it becomes property of Perfect World Entertainment, and may be used by the design team of Perfect World International.
    A big lawsuit, now that would be funny.. For some idiot who was stupid to think no one would find out that he took someone elses designes (or maybe he just didn't know what copyright is). Actually, when I think about it.. Maybe they DID wanna get PWI into a lawsuit, lol...

Meh, A is the only thing that I would wear out of all this. And looking at what people posted in this thread, there's fashion sooo much better than these 5, stolen or not. I don't think anyone voted for anything, they probably just took some random ones.
    *Semi retired*
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    THIS disqualifies the stolen designes. If they won't take it out of contest, then well, they are stupid. And then this...

A big lawsuit, now that would be funny.. For some idiot who was stupid to think no one would find out that he took someone elses designes (or maybe he just didn't know what copyright is). Actually, when I think about it.. Maybe they DID wanna get PWI into a lawsuit, lol...

Meh, A is the only thing that I would wear out of all this. And looking at what people posted in this thread, there's fashion sooo much better than these 5, stolen or not. I don't think anyone voted for anything, they probably just took some random ones.

I sent the maker of the stolen design (design D) a message on deviantart and told them what happened..I don't know what that will do but at least they know..Its embarrassing that the Mods or no one 'official' read in the thread that it was a stolen design.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm going to take this from the quotes and re post so anyone who doesn't bother to read the rest of the thread will see it.
    Winner C
    stolen - proof

winnerc.jpg

Winner D
    stolen - proof
    winnerd.jpg
    Winner E
    Similar to Dizzy, but didn't break the rules, I guess...
    winnere.jpg

Winner A
    Do we need two similar outfits?
    winnera.jpg
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well i tried to make a thread for people post evidence of design plagerism, but it seems it is gone. This is the link http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=7676242. I don't know why, I even put a note to the GMs/Mods as to why I made the thread, and not to get rid of it unless the issue is being resolved (which I don't see happening atm). Idk if it ever even appeared in the thread list =\

Tried again just in case I hadn't clicked the "Submit" button hard enough. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=691472

ok, thread died again, this time i know it was deleted
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i think they should just end the contest now with no winner. too many cheaters >.>
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Ulquira - Lost City
    Ulquira - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Really really dissapointed wih all the theft =(

Although D is stolen, i would love to see something along this style within the game, and would definitely buy it. C is obv a copy, but honestly i have some high doubts on people actually buying it. And A kinda looks like Kasumi from Dead or Alive lol.

Personally i was hoping to see at least one, or both of these designs in the vote. I'd definitely have bought them.

http://img694.imageshack.us/i/starryglowcolorbyalicea.jpg/
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/Rikaflare/FashDesign3Completecopy.jpg

Time for a re-roll on voting i think . . .
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options

Although D is stolen, i would love to see something along this style within the game, and would definitely buy it. C is obv a copy, but honestly i have some high doubts on people actually buying it. And A kinda looks like Kasumi from Dead or Alive lol.

Personally i was hoping to see at least one, or both of these designs in the vote. I'd definitely have bought them.

i was kinda hoping they would check entries for plagiarism (if those suspect of plagiarism aren't plagiarism, and this was checked then i retract my statement). i have tried twice to create a thread where people could post evidence showing that those suspect are indeed plagiarism, but both have been deleted, leaving no trace at all; not even in my statistics. They could have read the original contest thread to see that D was most likely plagiarism.

/rage
  • Euer_Bunny - Sanctuary
    Euer_Bunny - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    seriously... even before most of them were found to be cheats, I would not vote for any of these designs... as many have mentioned before me, there were great many better designs posted earlier when the contest was still going on. What were the basis of these picks?
  • Euer_Bunny - Sanctuary
    Euer_Bunny - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    also I don't think the general non forum surfing player knows that the results of the staff pick are available. I didn't know about it until just now when I wanted to look something up.
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ok I get it.

1. They had ghost players posting entries that they knew would never make it in game because they belong to other people... then voted them as winners;

2. These being ghost players, they will never get the big prize (100$);

3. Meantime, they needed new fashion but were brain-dead, so they create this event, being careful to mention that ALL entries are subject to end in boutique even if they didn't win (they become PWI property from the day that we submit them). They knew we'd have posted our best because we love this game.

Just like the person who gave them the idea for the Tideborn race: writing everything in detail on this forum, how he/she saw the new race, its skills, its gear and weapon etc etc... without giving that person any credit, they took his/her ideas and created the Tideborns.

It wouldn't be so bad if they did it for us to enjoy... but they do it for money, lots of it, from the boutique, so they can line their own pockets while getting all our ideas for free.

One day, we will outgrow this game but we will never forget the rapacity of its managers.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    figured id post my 2 entries...that technically aren't mine anymore thnx to pw

http://img130.imageshack.us/i/elvendressredgold.jpg/
    http://img690.imageshack.us/i/robeoftheeternalblue.jpg/

second one is a female version of the Robe of the Loong
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I started to feel something along the line of a conspiracy:
    Stolen entry
    Deleted thread on them (DELETE, not closed)
    Bogus contest rule
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    Aria_skye - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If C or D wins I refuse to cash shop anymore, I will not support a game that encourages theft of other people's designs and ideas.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Starglow, wow o.o
    I would sooooo get that one if it were made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukita - Sanctuary
    Tsukita - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    let the mods contact them to find out the validity of this. you guys aren't mods on here (although Airyll like i said in another thread u might as well be you're on here so much lmao). I'm sure Frankie's seen this or will see it before they close the polls..... Let the MODS contact them instead of spamming the DA person with emails out the ****. lol

True, I'll admit spamming the original artist probably isn't a wise idea...but it's still a good idea to let them know because stolen art is stolen. CLEARLY the GMs and Mods have NOT seen the theft here, otherwise stolen entries would NOT have made it to this stage. Also, a mod even commented, saying that this is the first time s/he has even WITNESSED such art theft.
    And B's got me suspicious. It's obviously a screenshot from a game but which one? The eyepatch made me think FFXI for a minute but nope that game backround kinda looks like PWI....

Design B was made upon a screenshot that the artist used from in-game. No copyright infringement there. :) You should see more of this artist's works, they definitely beat practically all the entries chosen in this poll.
    I like the ninja-like one... if i had a female assasin. But i thnk the last one will win, if it doesnt' get disqualified as well... it DOES look familiar.

See THIS POST. Enough said.
    Also... Why wasn't starshade's blue dress one of these 5? It looks a hell of a lot better then a couple of these to say the least.

YES~ Glad to know someone still admires xxStarshade's entry! If that entry had gotten into the finalists, I wouldn't be as disappointed as I am now! At least Design B is NOT ripped off AND is well-made; therefore, it takes my vote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MYRIAD - Tsukita {Marshal}: Cleric (lvl 79) / SyingDaiyu {Commissioner}: Blademaster (lvl 49) / JiaoDaiyu {Commissioner}: Venomancer (lvl 44)
    NON-MYRIAD - LinyaoDaiyu: Archer (lvl 26) / Zafraeda: Psychic (lvl 20) / Varteres: Barbarian (lvl 24) / NoboruK: Wizard (lvl 19) / Elpidios: Assassin (lvl20)
  • Tsukita - Sanctuary
    Tsukita - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    New page, so I figured I'd REQUOTE this for new visitors to see:
    Winner C
    stolen - proof

winnerc.jpg

Winner D
    stolen - proof
    winnerd.jpg
    Winner E
    Similar to Dizzy, but didn't break the rules, I guess...
    winnere.jpg

Winner A
    Do we need two similar outfits?
    winnera.jpg

So, what now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MYRIAD - Tsukita {Marshal}: Cleric (lvl 79) / SyingDaiyu {Commissioner}: Blademaster (lvl 49) / JiaoDaiyu {Commissioner}: Venomancer (lvl 44)
    NON-MYRIAD - LinyaoDaiyu: Archer (lvl 26) / Zafraeda: Psychic (lvl 20) / Varteres: Barbarian (lvl 24) / NoboruK: Wizard (lvl 19) / Elpidios: Assassin (lvl20)
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't think we can blame PWI's staff for not having seen every art piece created everywhere.

But now that they have been made aware that there is some copyright infringments going on, I hope that they will do something soon to correct this.

That is leaving me wondering ... how many out of the hundred of submissions they got were actually stolen too? ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • nikinakinoo
    nikinakinoo Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hello there all,
    This thread has been brought to my attention via notes from various people to my deviantART account and I am very grateful for this, as design D is essentially my work (which I originally produced as an entry for another competition back in 2006) edited to have the original signature and copyright notices removed and passed off as someone else's work.

I'm confirming now that I DID NOT enter it here in this competition or give anyone else permission to use it. I am a professional artist/designer with many years' of experience working in the games industry; for example I was the senior concept artist and character designer for *ahem* a certain action RPG on the X-Box (thought I'd best edit that in case mentioning its name constituted a banning offence here).
    I would like to see appropriate action taken by PWE/PWI in this matter. I am happy to see my design doing so well as to make it into the finals, but I am shocked and appalled to find someone else attempting to take all the credit for it.
    b:angry

- Niki Hunter
    http://niki-uk.deviantart.com
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    maybe deseign E was just inspired by its sister image?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Aliceaelin - Sanctuary
    Aliceaelin - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thank you for your post Niki! Now everything is clear. I hope GMs do something with that soon.

The polls will close Friday April 16th at 6pm Pacific!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AliceAelin.deviantart.com
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm glad to see that Niki has been alerted to the situation here . I find it an utter disgrace that this entry was chosen as a finalist AFTER it was exposed as a blatant rip-off of another persons art. Exposed right here on these forums, and it made it through... Niki's art was looking like it had a major chance of winning judging by the comments made here in these pages... Congratulations and full credit to Niki on a wonderful piece of art. Bitter sweet no doubt but nonetheless
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • PainkiIIer - Archosaur
    PainkiIIer - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thank you Niki for making a post in this regard!

Niki, make a char on PWI and I will be more than happy to vote for YOU as the winner.
    If not then please see over the entries again, this is just sad.

AND I have been entering almost ALL of the PWI contests since a year back and I can easily state that over 90 % of the times there has been a HUGE delay on all the contests.
    Why on earth set a dead line, and then say "Sorry we will tell the winners in 1-2 weeks, sorry for the delay" EVERY time, and sometimes it takes even longer. "Memoirs of an NPC"? Has been almost a month since the deadline now. O.T perhaps but I have rly been bugged about this for a while now. Please take your players seriously.

Just say it like it is then, "You will know who won in a month from now" rather than making us wait, checking the forum all the time. We do work our IRL butts off for these contests, I know I do.

I have seriously been afraid too say any of this because it might damage my chanche of winning but this is not China, this is a democracy and I am letting my oppinion out there now, finally.
    b:sad

/Lena, Sweden
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Me suggest a long ban for the cheaters.

PS : do you think nikinakinoo will be banned for mentionning another game than PW on the forums? :o)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • PainkiIIer - Archosaur
    PainkiIIer - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Me suggest a long ban for the cheaters.

Yup, I agree. There has been many players banned for zhen cheating. Well, if we never figured out the real source of these art pieces the D or C might have (and God forbidden still can!) win and that 10,000 ZEN in a pure thieves hands (sorry I won't give credit for being able to use an eraser to hide copyright or make something look self drawn, my 6 y old can do that), and upon that GIVEN BY THE STAFF ITSELF. Wow, the irony?

Oh an Blancheneige, I love your sig!

Too bad those packs never dies, they just reincarnate.

Mmmkay, nikinakinoo you can't WRITE of other games in this forum, you can only DRAW it and be selected a winner, mmmkay?
  • oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    We do work our IRL butts off for these contests, I know I do. b:sad

/Lena, Sweden

Congrats to all those who actually put in the time, effort and incredible talent to design a piece of art alot of people could only dream of creating . ALL THE ORIGINAL artworks submitted are winners in my book :) b:victory
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
This discussion has been closed.