Project Fashion Female Winners! Final Poll!

Options

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Me suggest a long ban for the cheaters.

PS : do you think nikinakinoo will be banned for mentionning another game than PW on the forums? :o)

PWI usually only gets riled up if a person mentions another MMORPG. Console games not so much.

Hoping to see something done about all this thievery going on in this contest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nikinakinoo
    nikinakinoo Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hi again all,
    I sent a PM to frankieraye since that was who posted the initial finalists' list and I didn't know who else to address an enquiry to regarding all this. I hope I'll get some sort of response and that things can be sorted out from there.
    I do find it amusing how the competition rules state that any entry submitted automatically becomes the property of PWE and may be used by PWI. Whoever submitted my work as their own already blatantly broke a rule by submitting copyrighted material. What a tangled web of intrigue this makes for!
    Seeing as my design has proven so popular despite not actually even being done for this competition, if PWE/PWI are this keen to get my design/s into their game then they can always try offering me legitimate work and I'd be happy to oblige, LOL! b:laugh

But seriously, I share the frustrations that the majority of you have when it seems the final entries chosen are either stolen, based on existing creations from other sources or do little to offer anything new to the existing range. Clearly there was a whole lot of outstanding work that seemingly didn't get a look-in. b:sad

It would be nice if the powers that be come forward to let us know how they plan to proceed, or at least explain their decisions thus far. It doesn't look good when all efforts to bring art theft to their attention seems to have fallen on deaf ears or has even been swept under the carpet through the apparent deletion of posts.

This is by no means the first time my art has been stolen or plagiarised so I'm getting quite used to having to pursue such matters and take things as far as I need to in order to see there's a fair outcome. Let's hope this all gets resolved amicably and I want to thank all of you that brought it to my attention so I that could come here and do my bit to clear things up from my side. Thanks so much for the support and the kind comments my (stolen) design has received! b:thanks

PS. And yeah, I hope that pointing out an example of my games industry lineage doesn't constitute a banning offence, LOL. But if my account or my posts suddenly start disappearing I'd be inclined to be more than a little suspicious of the motives! Hopefully it won't come to that... b:shutup

- Niki Hunter
    http://niki-uk.deviantart.com
  • Altros - Sanctuary
    Altros - Sanctuary Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hi again all,
    I sent a PM to frankieraye since that was who posted the initial finalists' list and I didn't know who else to address an enquiry to regarding all this. I hope I'll get some sort of response and that things can be sorted out from there.
    I do find it amusing how the competition rules state that any entry submitted automatically becomes the property of PWE and may be used by PWI. Whoever submitted my work as their own already blatantly broke a rule by submitting copyrighted material. What a tangled web of intrigue this makes for!
    Seeing as my design has proven so popular despite not actually even being done for this competition, if PWE/PWI are this keen to get my design/s into their game then they can always try offering me legitimate work and I'd be happy to oblige, LOL! b:laugh

But seriously, I share the frustrations that the majority of you have when it seems the final entries chosen are either stolen, based on existing creations from other sources or do little to offer anything new to the existing range. Clearly there was a whole lot of outstanding work that seemingly didn't get a look-in. b:sad

It would be nice if the powers that be come forward to let us know how they plan to proceed, or at least explain their decisions thus far. It doesn't look good when all efforts to bring art theft to their attention seems to have fallen on deaf ears or has even been swept under the carpet through the apparent deletion of posts.

This is by no means the first time my art has been stolen or plagiarised so I'm getting quite used to having to pursue such matters and take things as far as I need to in order to see there's a fair outcome. Let's hope this all gets resolved amicably and I want to thank all of you that brought it to my attention so I that could come here and do my bit to clear things up from my side. Thanks so much for the support and the kind comments my (stolen) design has received! b:thanks

PS. And yeah, I hope that pointing out an example of my games industry lineage doesn't constitute a banning offence, LOL. But if my account or my posts suddenly start disappearing I'd be inclined to be more than a little suspicious of the motives! Hopefully it won't come to that... b:shutup

- Niki Hunter

Consle games are usually ok, they just don't like it when people talk about other MMOs.
    And as I said in the male thread, the judges had a bonfire with the good/legit/original entries, then played roulette to see who made the top 5.
    "No matter how dark the world is,
    light shall exist somewhere,
    even if only a small sliver,
    a light found among darkness,
    shines all the brighter." -unknown
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hi again all,

The admins/gms in charge of this game don't work on week-ends, and are stationed on the US west coast. SO for them it's still only 07:18 am...

Give them some time b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • nikinakinoo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The admins/gms in charge of this game don't work on week-ends, and are stationed on the US west coast. SO for them it's still only 07:18 am...

Give them some time b:chuckle

Understood, shall do! b:victory
  • Shelle - Lost City
    Shelle - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Can we have all checked for stolen works?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Can we have all checked for stolen works?

Ok, your job is now to check each and every images ever relased in books, internet, and any other places they may be.

You have one week to report back to us.

Be serious... no one can check everywhere to see if one submission is or is not copied from elsewhere...

Thjere are proofs that some are indeed copy of others' work. Give the GMs some time to reply.... they are not at work 24/7.

Wait for Frankie's reply first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• oxytorch
    oxytorch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I guess you missed the part where one of the female fashions was exposed as plagiarism well over a week before it was announced as a finalist ....

They cant check every entry to verify.. but even early on before the finalists were announced, there were several posts outlining concern at the very least that some may be questionable ( and many uncovered as such ) just in the entry process. This (obviously) should have been a red flag to the bright spark who's idea this 'competition' was . They should have checked the ones they were putting through as finalist's !!! Actually they didnt need to , many forum users were already onto it (clever bunch xD ) There was enough indication that there was a need to do so.

However this is PWI...
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

"Sometimes the strongest are the ones that walk away . Enough is Enough ".
  • losstarot
    losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Something still seems really of about niki suddenly coming here.

Also, it has come to no one's mind that PWI would not be stupid enough to release a fashion that would get them into a lot trouble; they most likely know some detail (or loophole) that we don't, thus no action has been taken (although, with how much "controversy" this is causing, they'd probably do something just to appease users).
  • oxytorch
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Did you click the link at the bottom of her first and second posts ?? lrn2read ijs
    b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry We love this game STOP RUINING IT !! b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry

• Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    losstarot wrote: »
    No one has realized that the niki here is most likely not the real Niki (just note how obvious she trying to announce the fact and how she knows a lot about the situation, what to do and about forum functions, despite just coming here).

Also, it has come to no one's mind that PWI would not be stupid enough to release a fashion that would get them into a lot trouble; they most likely know some detail (or loophole) that we don't, thus no action has been taken.

OH COME OFF IT, YOU TOOL.

[flame-on]
    Grow a damn brain stem already. Why would the original author remove their name and copyright from their own art, shuffle pieces around, add copy-pasted winged cats and a hairstyle that is OBVIOUSLY not even remotely related to the actual fashion set displayed - and JUST AS OBVIOUSLY not of the same style artwork? That submission is stolen, and was caught red-handed even before the finals were closed.
    [/flame-off]

Seriously now, it's a disgrace to even read that tripe.

EDIT: Frankie, can we please get the official response on this now?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No one has realized that the niki here is most likely not the real Niki (just note how obvious she trying to announce the fact and how she knows a lot about the situation, what to do and about forum functions, despite just coming here).

Also, it has come to no one's mind that PWI would not be stupid enough to release a fashion that would get them into a lot trouble; they most likely know some detail (or loophole) that we don't, thus no action has been taken.

uh...huh *quoted losstarot's original post as me has determined a high chance (87%) it will be edited*

me believe this part explains teh "experience niki has: "This is by no means the first time my art has been stolen or plagiarised so I'm getting quite used to having to pursue such matters and take things as far as I need to in order to see there's a fair outcome."

It has taken me exactly 2 minutes and 26 seconds of human time to learn how to fluently navigate the human internets and incorporate 27% of the knowledge contained in teh entire internets (this be when me first invaded your lands...me are old hamster by your standards) the rest was junk, restricted, or unnecessary.
    b:surrender
    srsly this be an internets forum nothing anyone can't pick up in about 30 seconds.....darn gerbils....okie not gerbils this time....darn...whoever they are....using me own devices against us...and generally eating all me play time :<
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oxytorch
    edited April 2010
    Options
    uh...huh *quoted losstarot's original post as me has determined a high chance (87%) it will be edited*

LOL heres what it was changed to..

Something still seems really of about niki suddenly coming here.

Also, it has come to no one's mind that PWI would not be stupid enough to release a fashion that would get them into a lot trouble; they most likely know some detail (or loophole) that we don't, thus no action has been taken (although, with how much "controversy" this is causing, they'd probably do something just to appease users).

Back-track much??

• losstarot
    losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think she would be a bit more serious about the situation.

Also, nothing on my other comment? Obviously, they know and have known about this for awhile, so more than likely they know somethong we don't.
  • NoDoubt - Dreamweaver
    NoDoubt - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    u couldnt have choosen worst fashion realy? what kind of fashin is these? o.O i wont put that on never
    b:nosebleed ♥ Sexy veno ♥ b:nosebleed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    oxytorch wrote: »
    LOL heres what it was changed to..

Back-track much??

come again?
    b:puzzled
    *hug*
    ?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Options

This is not as if a million dollars are in the balance here.... Niki's reaction is quite normal in this situation I think.
    Also, nothing on my other comment? Obviously, they know and have known about this for awhile, so more than likely they know somethong we don't.

Maybe you have not noticed, but we are faced with 2 (TWO) cases of documented ripoff from the finalists in here....

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=7679422&postcount=142

Some people thinks that stealing art from deviant will go unnoticed... Sometimes they do get away with it, sometimes, they don't...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I see two logical solutions:
    Step 1 (Two Options):
    1: Designs C and D will be removed, with a deep apology to Nikki (the artist of Design D). The Copyright to C seems to be held by a company: apologize profusely.
    2: Designs C will be removed. The submitter of Design D will not be reward, or even punished for breaking the rules of the contest. Perfect World International/Entertainment will approach Nikki (the artist) about paying her standard commission for the design. Personally, it is not worth doing this for Design C as Perfect World has come up with its own design for a female ninja.

Step 2:
    Reevaluate the original submissions in light of these thefts and in light of the comments left in this thread. Present us with 2 new original and desirable fashion Designs from the pool of submissions. Specific dresses and attractive PANTS have been requested; please do not pick apparently random designs. Aim for high quality diversity so the voters have real choice. Even from the limited number designs I've seen this is possible.
    I cannot argue against Designs A, B, and E as they appear to be legitamte, orginal works of Perfect World costumers. To those who criticize their sources of inspiration... Please draft me a 100% completely original design. The human body imposes sever limitations on fashion; it has to cover certain areas and fit around others. Moreover, people's ideas of what is attractive and what is fashionable is obviously influence by their past.

I think those are the only legitmate courses of action at this point. I'm convinced (at least hoping) that Perfect World International is pursuing similar courses of action behind the scenes and that we will be informed when it is deemed appropriate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ////III - Harshlands3
    ////III - Harshlands3 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i seriously loled at euphy's post. if PW does anything remotely close to what u asked i will delete my 3 9x character and 1 10x.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I see two logical solutions:
    Step 1 (Two Options):
    1: Designs C and D will be removed, with a deep apology to Nikki (the artist of Design D). The Copyright to C seems to be held by a company: apologize profusely.
    2: Designs C will be removed. The submitter of Design D will not be reward, or even punished for breaking the rules of the contest. Perfect World International/Entertainment will approach Nikki (the artist) about paying her standard commission for the design. Personally, it is not worth doing this for Design C as Perfect World has come up with its own design for a female ninja.

Step 2:
    Reevaluate the original submissions in light of these thefts and in light of the comments left in this thread. Present us with 2 new original and desirable fashion Designs from the pool of submissions. Specific dresses and attractive PANTS have been requested; please do not pick apparently random designs. Aim for high quality diversity so the voters have real choice. Even from the limited number designs I've seen this is possible.
    I cannot argue against Designs A, B, and E as they appear to be legitamte, orginal works of Perfect World costumers. To those who criticize their sources of inspiration... Please draft me a 100% completely original design. The human body imposes sever limitations on fashion; it has to cover certain areas and fit around others. Moreover, people's ideas of what is attractive and what is fashionable is obviously influence by their past.

I think those are the only legitmate courses of action at this point. I'm convinced (at least hoping) that Perfect World International is pursuing similar courses of action behind the scenes and that we will be informed when it is deemed appropriate.

Please for the love of bacon - YES.
    +9001
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i seriously loled at euphy's post. if PW does anything remotely close to what u asked i will delete my 3 9x character and 1 10x.

Quoting for proof, just in case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Mental note: Don't post contest winners on a Friday right before leaving the office b:surrender

Entrants C and D are hereby disqualified; thanks to all for investigating the matter and letting me know.

We'll pick two replacement entries and restart the poll, so current poll numbers will be reset at this time.

Keep in mind designs A, B, and E will remain winning entries.

Also, two more things:

1. I myself removed from the images any instances of the designer's name/server. This was done so that voters would only be thinking about the design itself when voting.

2. Remember that the grand prize is 10,000 ZEN, while any of the finalists could have their fashion put in the game. So when voting, don't think so much about whether it would sell in the boutique or whether it would be too hard to create in-game.

Thanks, and I'll have a new poll up as soon as possible.
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Edit wow Ty Frankie... and here i was getting mad ;)
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Mental note: Don't post contest winners on a Friday right before leaving the office b:surrender

Entrants C and D are hereby disqualified; thanks to all for investigating the matter and letting me know.

We'll pick two replacement entries and restart the poll, so current poll numbers will be reset at this time.

Also, two more things:

1. I myself removed from the images any instances of the designer's name/server. This was done so that voters would only be thinking about the design itself when voting.

2. Remember that the grand prize is 10,000 ZEN, while any of the finalists could have their fashion put in the game. So when voting, don't think so much about whether it would sell in the boutique or whether it would be too hard to create in-game.

////III...you gotta do it now!

b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Also, two more things:

About time that we saw some official responses into this.

- It's good to hear you're removing the stolen designs and are replacing them, but for the love of all things holy, please don't replace them with poorly designed, randomly picked images. Actually give us some diversity in the poll, that would be great.

- To be honest, the votes are going to be based around what fashion people would like to see in-game, regardless of maker, because generally that's what goes through people's heads when they see clothes. "Man I'd like to wear that" or "God that looks stupid" is the first thing that's thought, and in this case it will remain the same. It's a little silly to ask for people to vote based on how well it would do in the game, because the first thing people will think will be... how it would do in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nikinakinoo
    edited April 2010
    Options

Oh, come now... I'm 32 years of age, I've been around the block a few times and have had to deal with plagiarisms of my work which people have seriously tried to profit out of, e.g. selling paintings, prints and T-shirts of art they've stolen from me. That's something I'd consider most serious. Whereas this crude copy-and-paste job has been done in an attempt to blag a prize of imaginary money, game upgrades and a bit of undeserved personal glory. It's appalling that people think they can get away with this kind of thing but sometimes you just can't help but laugh.

However, if my design were to actually appear in PWE's games then that would be a different matter entirely, something I would have to take very seriously indeed. As things stand though, this is just a case of a cheeky art thief caught red-handed because they were silly enough to think that erasing signatures/copyright info renders other people's work fine to enter into a competition as their own (albeit with a couple of dodgy additions/alterations).

I salute the members of this forum for being so switched on as to spot the signs of something suss going on when the competition judges apparently didn't!

- Niki Hunter
    (Yes, the real deal folks ;D)
  • nikinakinoo
    edited April 2010
    Options

Also, two more things:

Ah, awesome! This is just the kind of result I was hoping for. b:pleased Thank you frankieraye! And best of luck to all the entrants who make the new cut! b:victory

- Niki
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    +10 points awarded to frankie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    Aria_skye - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

Also, two more things:

Thank you Frankie, its nice to know art theft is taken seriously. As an artist and writer myself this helps show some confidence that action will be taken when something is pointed out not to be right.
  • NoDoubt - Dreamweaver
    NoDoubt - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    meeeh maybe XD i was thinking in mines ofc cos i want fash like that ><fash1.jpg
    fash2.jpg
    fash3.jpg
    fash4.jpg
    i dont care the price i wnat thta fash on pw :P
    b:nosebleed ♥ Sexy veno ♥ b:nosebleed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.