Project Fashion Female Winners! Final Poll!

Options

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This statement amused me somewhat. I couldn't help thinking of a character begging the person controlling them:

"But pleeeeeeease can I wear it?"
    "No."
    "But Jenny's human lets HER wear it!"
    "Well I'm not Jenny's human and you're not Jenny. You're not wearing it and that's final."
    "But ple--"
    "NO YOU'RE GROUNDED"

I lol'd, Aadi.

Also, I have to agree with Euphy's choices, although [and I'm going to wait for the hate on this one] doesn't the first one she posted look like... you know... a fashion set we already have in the game almost identically? Wait, no, it shows more stomach and the designs on the clothes are a bit different. However, I wouldn't want that set in the boutique. It looks exactly like a set we already have with the exception it shows off more stomach.

Let's see some original and interesting designs replacing D assuming it gets replaced at all. We had, what, one moderator response here, and this was apparently the first they'd heard of this particular theft.

I implore both GMs and moderators to better manage events like these in future. This means you check the validity of suspicious entries and maybe read post responses where people too voice their concerns because it looks awful when you end up having a stolen design appear here.

Also, when you post a piece of artwork on dA, it does become legally copyrighted to yourself and you can, if you honestly are petty enough, attempt to go to court if somebody were to steal your work. If you thought that dA had no protective and copyright policies for it's art users on there you are stupid. Really, really stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aliceaelin - Sanctuary
    Aliceaelin - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jokerxdude wrote: »
    Alright, Gms. I hate to say this but time to re-roll winners.

A- Ecatomb variation/Plain...
    B- Ok
    C- Nightshade Shinobi
    D- Deviant
    E- Dizzy (Guilty Gear)

Winner C
    stolen - proof

winnerc.jpg

Winner D
    stolen - proof
    winnerd.jpg
    Winner E
    Similar to Dizzy, but didn't break the rules, I guess...
    winnere.jpg

Winner A
    Do we need two similar outfits?
    winnera.jpg

So, what now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AliceAelin.deviantart.com
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Winner C
    stolen - proof

winnerc.jpg

Winner D
    stolen - proof
    winnerd.jpg
    Winner E
    Similar to Dizzy, but didn't break the rules, I guess...
    winnere.jpg

Winner A
    Do we need two similar outfits?
    winnera.jpg

So, what now?

It's better if you look at the cosplay: Dizzy(Cosplay)

It breaks the rules because it's an easy edit and more than 75% is stolen. Just added two straps and made the skirt on hips longer. =/

Mind you that she is a video game character so she has more than one outfit: Gloves
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ah well, since I didn't win and since the contest is over, I decided to post my entry.

fashioncontestentrymaje.th.jpg
    (click on the thumbnail for the full-sized version)

And I'm shocked as to how many entries seem to be stolen b:sad It's such a disgrace for all us artists that ppl have the GUTS to STEAL or COPY an artists piece!

All I wanna say to you guys (and you know yourself if I mean YOU) is: you should be ashamed! Drawing inspiration from an art piece is one thing, copying or even tracing one is an other. I'm just so mad right now.. GAH! b:angry
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Let A win! =D
    *Semi retired*
  • PainkiIIer - Archosaur
    PainkiIIer - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Della_Brown - Heavens Tear
    Della_Brown - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    E - may or may not be a ripoff. I wouldn't have gone for it just due its generic-ness. While it is similar enough, especially with the bow and blue hair, it looks like a generic Eastern fantasy getup (Dizzy there isn't exactly a creative achievement). Probably what arcane armor would look like if it weren't done as skirts.

I thought D looked the best, at least from the poll (silly but not delicate, boots that aren't also high heels, to start with). Too bad.
    "adults on HT is an ancient myth used to scare away the kids from stealing their parents credit cards D:" - Santacruz
  • Mistimancer - Heavens Tear
    Mistimancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wanna vote for the pretty ice dress b:cry
    I like the hair of A and the sleeve..but I agree with Araya that something like this would had been more appropriate choice art and detail wise.
    C is actually really cool, great for when you don't have matching armor set b:surrender

ME TOO... ai am quite disapointed with what they chosen... wonder what criteria they had.... we saw things way more amazing submitted on ths forum.. and am sure more awesome design were send and not posted on the thread...

Disappointed at another contest again...

I did entered the contest, just as a challenge to myself as I had never did something like that... and I KNEW I would not win so am not disappointed because my entries are not there... hahaha but The Ice Dress and many others were far more detailed and far more creative/different/nicer than those 5...
  • MiszEvil - Sanctuary
    MiszEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krades - Heavens Tear
    Krades - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have posted this before... I'll post it again

http://niki-uk.deviantart.com/art/Costume-Design-WyngStrypez-37363230

Design D is not their design. Its a stolen design.

What a shame: "Submitted: August 3, 2006"
    I saw lot of good fash around the forum, they are even not in the final poll!!
    PWE judges sucks b:angry
    Im glade to not have taken part! I knew this would end up like this...
    Winner C
    stolen - proof

winnerc.jpg
    O.O "Submitted: November 15, 2009"
    Seriously no comments >>>>

We are sure that AT LEAST 2 enteries on the top 5 have been stolen. That for, I suggest you remake your "top 5".
  • O_Serenity_o - Heavens Tear
    O_Serenity_o - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I just can't believe that these are the top 5...

I understand it's hard to choose the best from 2000 entries but I have seen much better entries here, how can it be that those are the winners?? Whoever picked them out must be blind or smth...
    Actually I think that they didn't make their decision on what looks beautiful or well done, because only ones that are really good here are B and D, and D is stolen so... I think they made the decision on what would be easy to put in the game or what would suit with the game.
    I really hope that A or E won't win, because the first lacks of effort, proably took like 15 mins to make if even that much, and it just looks too simple and plain and boring. Besides there's one fashion that looks kinda like it. And E isn't something I'd wear, not very interesting either. But looking at the votes, one of them is sadly, but probably going to win <.<
    I'll vote for B, if D wasn't stolen I'd vote for it, and if it was on sale I'd totally buy it. I'm sure that D would win if it wasn't stolen, but no1 wants that a person who just stole someone elses work gets credit for it.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    After 11 pages and 100+ posts, I'm going to take this opportunity to present you with the following scenario.
    Then laugh.

Monday, 9:10 AM, Pacific Time:
    GM "frankieraye" sits down at the computer with a cup of coffee, and logs into the forums to check on the current event threads.

10:55 AM
    Frankie slowly pushes aside the coffee cup and performs the Headdesk maneuver. There is an audible thump.
    A passing coworker glances over. "You alright there bud?"
    "I can't win," quips Frankie. "I just can't win. These idiots are impossible to please."
    Coworker takes a sip of their own coffee. "Yeah, you mean nobody warned you? They LIVE for that ****."

12:59 PM
    Headdesk maneuver ends when Coworker returns and informs Frankie it is now lunchtime....

b:chuckle.

On a serious note, the responsible thing for PWE to do would be to take a mulligan on this poll - close it down, disqualify stolen entry(/ies) and restart public judging with the stolen artwork replaced by 100% verified ORIGINAL content. Ideally, with some of the suggestions posted in this thread earlier, but that might be asking too much.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ideally, with some of the suggestions posted in this thread earlier, but that might be asking too much.

Well, back in the thread where people were posting their entries, someone posted a link that allows you to see if a picture is stolen from anywhere. I don't know if that would mess with people who uploaded on photobucket/imageshack/etc... I didn't try it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well, back in the thread where people were posting their entries, someone posted a link that allows you to see if a picture is stolen from anywhere. I don't know if that would mess with people who uploaded on photobucket/imageshack/etc... I didn't try it out.

I tried with the obviously stolen one and it didn't come up with any matches, ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I tried with the obviously stolen one and it didn't come up with any matches, ijs.

it only searches by filename - frankie (or someone in PWI) changed the file names before reposting them to this thread .. so you wont find em. unless someone subsequently posts em elsewhere without changing the name
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I would have Very much preferred that the GMs take an extra week or two in their decision instead of choosing hasty finalists in hopes to appease us. All that you have accomplished is coming across as not committing yourselves 100% to a contest where artists put their time and dedication into. If the artists who submitted work can commit, can you at least show us the same courtesy PW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Aliceaelin - Sanctuary
    Aliceaelin - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it only searches by filename

No, 'TinEye looks for the specific image you uploaded, not the content of the image. TinEye cannot identify people or objects in an image.'
    When you submit an image to be searched, TinEye creates a unique and compact digital signature or 'fingerprint' for it, then compares this fingerprint to every other image in our index to retrieve matches. TinEye can even find a partial fingerprint match.

TinEye does not typically find similar images (i.e. a different image with the same subject matter); it finds exact matches including those that have been cropped, edited or resized.
    But, people on this forum are better than these programs, as you can see b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AliceAelin.deviantart.com
  • Aria_skye - Lost City
    Aria_skye - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm sorry to say I'm disappointed in this contest. I had fun trying to come up with something for it, as did my friend. However I'll not be participating in another contest like this where stolen artwork can win. I think this is a slap in the face to everyone who submitted original artwork.

I'll be letting my friends on deviantart know about what has been going on here so they can watch their art.
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Now that basically all these are a rip off, aside from boring A (even though it looks like Mai Shiranui with a tamer cut.)

I demand they replace them all with the things we suggested a few pages back. QQQQ b:cryb:cry
  • Ermengarde - Sanctuary
    Ermengarde - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I've submitted a ticket outlining the thefts and legal consequences of allowing said thefts in the contest. I encourage you all to do the same; it's the most effective way of bringing this to light.

By the way, if it hasn't already been posted, the link to the original of Entry C is http://scabrouspencil.deviantart.com/art/Kunoichi-Hibana-143777555 .

Thank you all for being great internet sleuths.
  • Ouioui - Heavens Tear
    Ouioui - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The E model looks bether, because I think that he is the only one someone could take a piece of it and wear it whit other fashion items, the others woulnd't match something else than their desing.
    simple but effective,

-ouioui, H's Tears
  • Chibiusa - Dreamweaver
    Chibiusa - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A: Nothing special, ther are already PWI fash with that style designed.

B: Is cool, but that 'Pirates of the Caribbean' hype is over.

C: COPY-RIPP, but that ninja stlyes are nothing new to me,
    cant imagen to combine that on something else.

D: COPY-RIPP copy-paste from Devianart.com,
    the jury should be ashamed, ppls already exposed that person for cheating.

E: Again Ninja fighters... , sorry but I would not buy that.

However this contest turn out, I wont ever attend again to any contest here.
    And I wont care about prices like 100.000 gold, this game dont had a
    balanced system anymore, sadly.

I expected that the most important point was "have a awsome idea",
    it's not rly shown up at this Top 5. Guess it was more like:
    "Design a she-male fighter costume" but ther are enaught of that at pw.jp

To work 1 week day and night, and to notice a 1 minute copy-paste cheater
    successed in the top 5 is just degrading.
    The event is ridiculous now.

I expected that my hand-drawn concept arts wouldn't could compete against
    some of this photoshop pros... but still better thet 1:1 'rip-skill'

http://img405.imageshack.us/i/dressesf.jpg/
    http://img689.imageshack.us/i/beachx.jpg/
    http://img97.imageshack.us/i/rebelldress.jpg/

'peace' b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    By now I've seen so many better entries posted by people on this thread, that the top 5 look pathetic rip-offs , I'm just sad that this contest is a fail b:surrender

P.S. Chibiusa, I really like your fashions, they'd deserve to win b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Bleh. I saw this on the thread and I want this to win.

http://img715.imageshack.us/i/01unkisseddoll.jpg/

The hair. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • XXSairaXx - Archosaur
    XXSairaXx - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So much theft. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aloisia - Harshlands
    Aloisia - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Out of these five, I like A and E the best. Voted for A.

B is beautiful, but looks too much like a pirate fashion set - which we already have.

C is just...bleh. I wouldn't buy it.

D - No! Not more emo fashion, please!

Seriously, I saw much better stuff than this.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My question is, why did the PWI judges pick these in the first place?

Clearly theres a large selection of designs that are better and more original than these 5. Is it that PWI already has similar designs made that haven't been released yet? Or these designs are easy to implement as fashion in the game? Did they really like them in the first place or were there other factors that made these the top 5 other than the looks?

b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I bet they put the designs in a hat and pulled out 5...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • losstarot
    losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My question is, why did the PWI judges pick these in the first place?

Clearly theres a large selection of designs that are better and more original than these 5. Is it that PWI already has similar designs made that haven't been released yet? Or these designs are easy to implement as fashion in the game? Did they really like them in the first place or were there other factors that made these the top 5 other than the looks?

b:scorn

Because, considering the whole demographic research they've been doing over the months, they wanted something anime/game-y to win,since they would be considered easy sales.
This discussion has been closed.