Project Fashion Female Winners! Final Poll!

Options

Comments

• JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Seriously? I knew I wasnt gonna win, but I surely expected to be better then these designs.
    They look silly and I will NOT have my veno wear them. they'd ruin her looks. The only thing I like is the hair from D. The hair, not the hat. geez...

Edit: Oops, Just read that D is stolen. Well I didnt vote yet. And im not planning on voting too. Psh >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dieks1
    dieks1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    oh c'mon gm please D is a definate ripoff and is a most definate cheater...
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A: It's like the chipao and yukata rolled into one. The hair is cute, and would probably be something I'd look into obtaining, but the rest of the outfit is nothing new really.
    B: Another pirate set - though this time, more piratey! There are some nice details to the set, though the design itself is a little generic.
    C: I certainly would not buy this set in game. It's more of an armour design than a fashion design. I give it credit for being creative and not going for an obvious design, but it's not very appealing. I was reminded slightly of "Super Metroid".
    D: If this is in fact stolen work, then this is actually quite a serious matter.
    Upon submitting your design, it becomes property of Perfect World Entertainment, and may be used by the design team of Perfect World International.
    (source)
    If the set was released in game, can you imagine the law suit they could be open to?
    E: Similar to the pirate set already available, minus the feathers.

Out of these choices, I guess I'd have to vote A, just because of the hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Aliceaelin - Sanctuary
    Aliceaelin - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Uh :/ 'A' looks like pwfashionset75.jpg
    But, I like ecatomb version way better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AliceAelin.deviantart.com
  • JollyJaguar - Sanctuary
    JollyJaguar - Sanctuary Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Uh :/ 'A' looks like pwfashionset75.jpg
    But, I like ecatomb version way better.

Didnt u make the glowy change thingies? Yea I loved every single one of u. U shouldve won >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I was kinda hoping to see something more interesting but if that's the best of what was entered, I'm not gonna argue with that. They are nicely drawn but the ideas are kinda poor and bit unfinished.

A looks like a sketch, done in 10 minutes and not finished. Too plain also, not something that would catch my eye. I don't like it at all, and not just because I'd never wear such stuff.

B is actually very well done, I like the idea and how it's drawn, just too few details and something else, that I can't explain, is missing.

C is too simple, and not the best artwork. The basic idea is good, but the design isn't, and I wouldn't wear it in game. I f it would be redesigned to something similar, I'd like it.

D is the best, and though I'm 99% sure it's stolen, I'm gonna vote for it. It's the best in here, and I hope something similar will come in the boutique soon. I'd buy it definitely, if I had money (I'm sure that the design would win and a lot of people would like to wear it if it wasn't stolen).

E is good too but too ordinary or a bit plain, not a new idea and we have some sets in the boutique that look the same (not exactly, but still.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DivineMaiden - Dreamweaver
    DivineMaiden - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wanna vote for the pretty ice dress b:cry
    I like the hair of A and the sleeve..but I agree with Araya that something like this would had been more appropriate choice art and detail wise.
    C is actually really cool, great for when you don't have matching armor set b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MiszEvil - Sanctuary
    MiszEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Uhm wow im disapointed in the entry's, at the forum site i saw a few real great entry's very refreshing...
    All the entry's inhere feel kinda boring.
    A: is something like the eastern set... so thats a bit "we got something simular"
    B:yeah i have to agree with Ophida again a pirate suit... its not bad but not refreshing or something we dont have already...
    C: no it looks like armor not fashion,its a good disign but for armor...
    D: yeah thats kinda very clear this one is stolen.. and the should take it away from the contest.. even if that entry doesnt winn the main prize. the THIEF doenst deserve to get a fashion set and wardrobe stone. Best option is to pick another entry and restart the voting pregress. because D is just theft and that cant be tollerated to winn (i.m.o)
    E: Yeah i canda have to admit it looks a bit like the pirate outfit we have... a few extra's but nothing really NEW..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neyjour
    neyjour Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I was going to vote for "D" until I saw that it might be ripped from another artist. There's a possibility the artist is one in the same, but my gut is telling me otherwise. The fact that it was posted on deviantART in 2006 and the copyright has been removed is highly suspicious.

So I'm going to wait until we have some clarification on this before I vote.

An idea to avoid theft in the future would be to provide participants with a template they must use, a basic outline of the body from different views (front, back, side, etc.).
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i really like B, very cute :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't like any of them, so I won't vote.
    Also outfit D is stolen from deviantart, which is a disgrace for all artists who worked their butt off to send in their masterpiece.

oh btw.. originality anyone? I know there are a lot of people (yes, like me) that did their best to come up with something original & creative and then some of these outfits get picked..(not saying their all unoriginal, just the majority of em) i'm sorry, but that pisses me off to no end. TY
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • karmielkiddd
    karmielkiddd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Nothing creative here looks like any other games sets.

There were a few I liked which were posted but these are not to my liking.

Also I just noticed D is someone elses design its stolen.

Cheers,
    Karmiel
  • SouthPa// - Dreamweaver9
    SouthPa// - Dreamweaver9 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Whats with these garbage picks?
    It makes me think that PWI just chose the ones that would be easiest to make into fashion if they decided to.
  • Roxiann - Heavens Tear
    Roxiann - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The male designs are at least creative.... and I do like one of them. The female designs are so disappointing. I don't want to insult anyone, but I wouldn't of picked any of these. I cant bring myself to vote. Hopefully they do something about D, and also replace it with a better design.

If D is original, I will gladly apologize, but it just screams stolen work to me...
    Lvl 7x Cleric
    Lvl 3x Veno
    Lvl 3X Archer

Its just a game ^^
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well this is suprising o_O; I thought there'd be like, a chain of voting or whatever for us to choose, I mean, it is going to be in the boutique for the players b:surrender

I've seen some really well worked-on and gorgeous entries that didnt even make it in the female or male sections ._.;;

/sadness
  • Selephie - Lost City
    Selephie - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ah come on, these are the 5 best entries?!
    Not to insult anyone but I've seen way better entries than these.I'm kinda disappointed in this project, I won't vote because I don't like any of them
    If one of them happens to appear in the boutique, I won't let my archer wear it... >.>
    Can't believe it, and yeah D is stolen.
    b:surrender
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I won't let my archer wear it... >.>

This statement amused me somewhat. I couldn't help thinking of a character begging the person controlling them:

"But pleeeeeeease can I wear it?"
    "No."
    "But Jenny's human lets HER wear it!"
    "Well I'm not Jenny's human and you're not Jenny. You're not wearing it and that's final."
    "But ple--"
    "NO YOU'RE GROUNDED"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Well this is suprising o_O; I thought there'd be like, a chain of voting or whatever for us to choose, I mean, it is going to be in the boutique for the players b:surrender

I've seen some really well worked-on and gorgeous entries that didnt even make it in the female or male sections ._.;;

/sadness

correction, that thing states that it MIGHT be put in the boutique. TBH i only like B and D but if D is stolen thats sad people. And ya i saw better selections in the fourms, and look at the male fash, there were WAY better options on the fourms, somebody plz fix this, i dont wanna get crappy fash for veno and cleric
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What, wheres that amazing rainbow colored dress that looked like a sherbet party for my eyes, I bet the devs were to lazy to design it.
    All of these are ugly, and the fact they are ignoring one is stolen is BS. b:spit
  • Saymor - Dreamweaver
    Saymor - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    These are bad. End of story.
    Besides D, I actually kinda like D.
    A looks like something out of Jade Dynasty. b:shocked
    But if D indeed stolen, none of these have my vote. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aliceaelin - Sanctuary
    Aliceaelin - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Didnt u make the glowy change thingies? Yea I loved every single one of u. U shouldve won >_>

Thank you. I'm really glad that someone noticed my entry. I dont feel so defeated now. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AliceAelin.deviantart.com
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This statement amused me somewhat. I couldn't help thinking of a character begging the person controlling them:

"But pleeeeeeease can I wear it?"
    "No."
    "But Jenny's human lets HER wear it!"
    "Well I'm not Jenny's human and you're not Jenny. You're not wearing it and that's final."
    "But ple--"
    "NO YOU'RE GROUNDED"

LOLOLOL

c DOES LOOK like metroid (the pose does)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Did the judges check is design D was a copy, cuz someone found the picture on Deviant where it says that it was his/hers design for another design contest. So was it checked if the one submitting set D is the owner of that deviant profile?

http://niki-uk.deviantart.com/art/Costume-Design-WyngStrypez-37363230 <<< the Deviant picture.

My vote go for E at least
  • Untamedf - Lost City
    Untamedf - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Did the judges check is design D was a copy, cuz someone found the picture on Deviant where it says that it was his/hers design for another design contest. So was it checked if the one submitting set D is the owner of that deviant profile?

http://niki-uk.deviantart.com/art/Costume-Design-WyngStrypez-37363230 <<< the Deviant picture.

My vote go for E at least

O..M..G...

What a cheater... b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hmm hi?
  • Liez - Heavens Tear
    Liez - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    OMG, this really sucks! I'm so sorry to see that all of the chosen entries are photoshopped ones. I thought I had no chance with my drawn and pencil-colored designs. I don't really like this sets. They seem to be not original (maybe except D,the stolen as I saw:/). The first time I took a look at E, I thought I have seen it before, and now I realised where. It reminds me Dizzy from Guilty Gear. http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo246/Neronova/Dizzy11.jpg (Here is a picture of her) b:surrender
  • losstarot
    losstarot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Stop saying D is stolen.

That DA picture has no "legal" regard and there's no proof it was submitted by someone different; behinds, that DA picture is just a "stolen design" from Atlus' mascot (as are most other entries are heavily inspired by game/anime characters).

That said, D is by far the best.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    losstarot wrote: »
    Stop saying D is stolen.

That DA picture has no "legal" regard and there's no proof it was submitted by someone different; behinds, that DA picture is just a "stolen design" from Atlus' mascot (as are most other entries are heavily inspired by game/anime characters).

That said, D is by far the best.

Since there is a prize of the game equivalent of over 100 dollars, even if it's not "legally" plagiarism to take a picture off of the internet, I still feel that entries that are copy/paste from somewhere else without permission are the least qualified to win. If it is the same person, the point is moot, but I believe this has happened at least once before in regards to a PWI contest -- someone took an image off of dA, manipulated it a bit, and tried to pass it off as their own.

By Atlus' mascot, are you referring to this?
    jackfrost_atlus.png
    Because other than slightly similar hat designs, I don't see it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    losstarot wrote: »
    Stop saying D is stolen.

Then tell us why the original artist would erase their own name from the thing? Or why they would copy/paste a random "hairstyle" to it when the hair is covered up by the hat?
    And yes, look close, you can see the "hair" image is not the same art style as the original - even the JPG pixel artifacts are different. The same goes for the random winged cat chibis.

Drawing inspiration from a source is one thing - blatantly ripping off someone's art and calling it your own is another. If Niki Hunter wants to show up and proclaim she herself submitted that image, great. I'll happy eat my own foot with a side of crow. But something tells me there's not a chance in hell that'll happen.
  • LostForWords - Harshlands
    LostForWords - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Go Go C^^
    dddddddddddd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.