TW Discussion - Twilight Temple

Comments

• Arshen - Sanctuary
    Arshen - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Gratz for Nef to take over the map for 2.5h or so.

Gratz for Regi that didnt let Nef take completely over b:chuckleb:victory!!

^_^ Now lets see how it goes next weekend, will be fun again lol.

And ty Nef for the fun and the TW ^_^ b:thanks
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I have to agree with johnny. Nef did NOT win the map because in one weekend of TW they map still has different colors on the map.

Also i know 100% that after nef won against regi there was a spam of about 5 mins of just WC from nef players and Templar and 1 or 2 others were trash talking on WC. After regis victory they congratulated themselves and said happy birthday.

GG and QQ nef
    maybe their congrating just on the colors and not the map? ;d either that or they are willing to call it a win if any other faction happened to do the same thing (aka put yourself in others shoes)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Stealthninja - Sanctuary
    Stealthninja - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    maybe their congrating just on the colors and not the map? ;d either that or they are willing to call it a win if any other faction happened to do the same thing (aka put yourself in others shoes)

im pretty sure it was about the map lol and how it was all red for the time being. You should see their forums b:chuckle giant pic of the map and tell me thats not bloating. Im not saying nef didnt get the whole map but rather they could not conquer it (being able to have the whole map after all TWs are fought).
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The leash is back on the Nef peons :*(

I even refrained from logging the forums for a whole day for something interesting to happen... alas, nada 8/
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Mmmmmmm the beauty of wc spam after TWs . I think I'll log on sanc once in the weekends for a few just to see those b:laugh .

Yet last week I was almost lame for my own TW cuz of it b:angry .

Now to be mean again :

Were those few min worth TWs fun gaiz ?

I know I enjoyed my 2 hr one */insert evil smile* .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I heard that on another server the faction that took over the entire map disbanded. I dont think Nef should do that seeing as factions like Regicide, Enelysion and Red Raiders would then be biggest and i dont think anyone would like that except for the people in those factions.

At least i rather see a nice and well behaving faction holding the map even if it is boring than dread the day when the trash talking factions will start to get land. Some of their members are already making playing so much less enjoyable now and i cant imagine it being anything but much worse if Nef was to disband and leave their land for the taking.

Maybe a new nice faction would emerge but with so many trash talking factions i am nervous about what might happen and what playing would be like.
  • Katiekins - Sanctuary
    Katiekins - Sanctuary Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:surrender All this about Trash Talk =/. Ok i may say this, Every Faction out there and Everyone out there will trash talk you should know this by now. What's a game with out trash talk eh? Even if you try a diffrent server or a diffrent faction somewhere there will always be trash talk no matter what you try and do.

Just because it happens on the game dosent mean you need to bring it yet again on to the forums even tho flaming goes on, you all have your own way. Personally it make's me think why we have a Blacklist in Game. Whats the point in having it if you dont use it in game?... Blacklist the trash talkers if need be dont come here and Flame about it. Even if you dont have the room for it then leave it. b:shutup b:shutup

Anyway enough is enough people need to realise that.

Note:

Everyone Trash talks everyone aint perfect. :)

Thanks for reading :) b:thanks
    Take care all.

~Katiekins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:pleased
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I heard that on another server the faction that took over the entire map disbanded. I dont think Nef should do that seeing as factions like Regicide, Enelysion and Red Raiders would then be biggest and i dont think anyone would like that except for the people in those factions.

At least i rather see a nice and well behaving faction holding the map even if it is boring than dread the day when the trash talking factions will start to get land. Some of their members are already making playing so much less enjoyable now and i cant imagine it being anything but much worse if Nef was to disband and leave their land for the taking.

Maybe a new nice faction would emerge but with so many trash talking factions i am nervous about what might happen and what playing would be like.

I'm 12 whats this?
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Spinna - Sanctuary
    Spinna - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:surrender All this about Trash Talk =/. Ok i may say this, Every Faction out there and Everyone out there will trash talk you should know this by now. What's a game with out trash talk eh? Even if you try a diffrent server or a diffrent faction somewhere there will always be trash talk no matter what you try and do.

Just because it happens on the game dosent mean you need to bring it yet again on to the forums even tho flaming goes on, you all have your own way. Personally it make's me think why we have a Blacklist in Game. Whats the point in having it if you dont use it in game?... Blacklist the trash talkers if need be dont come here and Flame about it. Even if you dont have the room for it then leave it. b:shutup b:shutup

Anyway enough is enough people need to realise that.

Note:

Everyone Trash talks everyone aint perfect. :)

Thanks for reading :) b:thanks
    Take care all.

~Katiekins.

A majority doesn't make ALL

And that is assuming by myself that it is the majority. But as a gamer I came across some kind players on this game, perhaps they trashed-talk on other people behind their back or not, I can't say without reasonable doubt... if I get a single doubt then what you said is trash talking people that maybe never did so in their gaming life. An idealist gamer could exist.

And yes the opposition I apply here to your position can be seen as trash talk if you want to and I'll assume it.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010

Do I give this a "LOLRELLY?"
    You can't seriously write this and believe this, can you? O___O
  • Spinna - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Do I give this a "LOLRELLY?"
    You can't seriously write this and believe this, can you? O___O

i take SpiritDivine comment as in : " One big faction with all the lands and a lot of good players and equally a lot of **** players; or an equally big faction with the lands once the first one left, but still a big faction with all the lands and a lot of good players and equally a lot of **** players, what difference does it make ? "

At least you know where to stand with Nefarious...
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    SarahC - Sanctuary Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Like possibly your faction I would presume?
    "Anyone wanna doing cube atm?" - Aya
    "I click Release Corpse and it tells me I can't perform this action while dead." -Saveless
    Enelysionb:cute
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010

This has to be a troll. Like for real. Most people would cry out of happiness if all Nef people would get perma-banned as well as getting IP-banned from PWI.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Spinna - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Like for real. Most people would cry out of happiness if all Nef people would get perma-banned as well as getting IP-banned from PWI.

How can u speak for others ? the only way you could is assuming that you do know the vast majority of PWI players personnally. Which means more than 50,1 % of the players.
    all Nef people

And since you desire ALL NEFARIOUS PEOPLE to be bann to the extrem possibility of that idea, then I assume ALL NEFARIOUS PEOPLE caused you great ill and to the rest of the server for all being bad people. But if that was the case measure, no matter the economy could become, would have been taken. Nefarious members may represent a good deal in the PWI economy but isn't worth enough to dirty their image to a no coming back point for PWE.

As for now, the current members of Nefarious have not broken the rules that required them to be banned as well as their IP numbers.

And on the other hand there has been several "no-show" has some would use the expression regarding some TW against Nef in which the one some love to call Big red won without resistance. Could it be due to some players being afraid to fight one on one because they didn't get to fight beside one of the "Big" enemy faction of Nefarious 6 Or is it simply that there is something wrong behind those bids ? If it is the second option... who is helping in those machiavelous plans who are forbidden on PWi and were once upon a time followed by the officer of the faction at fault, being suspended for the least.

Perhaps I could recommend you to be careful, with your idea of banishment maybe the game master of this game and all administrative members of the game might decide to exercise their duty against such actions. BUT the one who could get "banned" may not be among Nefarious. Which would mean less opposition to the "Nefarious Empire"...

Now why would you offer such a possibility to the world of PWI - Sanctuary, maybe you resort to it after being defeated too many times due to your lack of strength or strategy intelligence, who knows...

You're looking for an easy way to get rid of a nuisance of yours, but I wouldn't ally myself to you on this point. Because if you resort to something like that now, then what will assure me that you wouldn't do it again, once you face another wall in your ascension to world domination.

Ain't that the goal of these TW ? If so then what's wrong with Nefarious' actions ?
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Why does any one faction have to hold the map in its entirety Spirit? You probably have no clue, but TW in this game used to be "fairly" dynamic when the map was colorful. The potential for shifting alliances and plots to remove a faction off the map is a lot more interesting than seeing the same thing happen week after week.

Fact is, the TW system is horrible. As a friend of mine said to me last night. "If a faction can hold 50 lands and only have to defend 3 at any given weekend slot, there is no challenge. 200vs240 isn't even a real challenge."

But yeah, god forbid trash-talkers (which Nef has 0 of ;] ) get a chance at making onto the map.

P.S. Asty <3
  • JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary
    JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Long posts FTW, ok, i spent a few days off here, so lets post a general statement. These bannable actions you speak of, are nothing really, nef did them all in the past, along with LG, regi and many other factions. Gm's didnt care then, i doubt they care now. They desire to conquer the map, i have no problem with that, its what every tw faction should strive to do. And no-one would wish ALL nef members be banned, just the ones that do mistreat people. That can be seen as anywhere from maybe 20 people up to 100+ people.

Because unfortunately, there are some that do mistreat because of the faction title above their heads. The "i'm in nef thus better than you attitude" which roams freely through them. Regi may have trashed a little in WC, but come on, nef and regi haven't upheld there rules about trash talking in WC for maybe.....5 months or more? If they did, both factions would have to kick around 40-50 members, and most of them realise, they are the better geared players in there respected factions, thus will not be kicked out.

Unfortunately, whichever factions holds the most lands, will most likely to succumb to trash talking, as thats where the majority of trash talkers go to, because they like to cover up there own flaws by being with the more skillful or better geared players. All that can be aid, is stop with the QQ'ing, and do something about it. We proved last week a slot where nef CANNOT defend the top few factions, and we will try our best to be in that slot EVERY week so they will lose a land every week. The rest of the server that moans about nef......get off your **** and do summat aswell, or stop moaning. Last week we were 4 bids off going on a 4 way attack on nef, 5 from the 5 way and 6 bids from a 6 way slot on nef.

Simply said, Put up, or shut up. b:bye
    Sage BM, hated by many,and i hate you all aswell b:cute
  • Spinna - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    It isn't impossible for the Sanctuary server to see new color on his lands.

It would require some sacrifice from the player database though.

If all of those TW factions were to attack every lands, there are enough time spot in the schedule of a day for around a dozen of TW, at 3 per block of time.

No matter what you might think (whoever is reading) if the people of PWI are willing to fight at any time during the week ends and if all the TW factions show up every week-ends, then Nafarious players will be exhausted at some point. And they'll start to lose land massively.

So the problem isn't due to Nef, but to the lack of perseverance from the other factions to fight on every lands at any time of the day no matter what is your time zone.

I know i may not fight at any moment myself, but at least i don't - almost - cry about the situation. If you're not happy with your current situation in game, then stop TW or join Nef and obey their true rules. (Once again "you" means whoever is reading this)
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No matter what you might think (whoever is reading) if the people of PWI are willing to fight at any time during the week ends and if all the TW factions show up every week-ends, then Nafarious players will be exhausted at some point. And they'll start to lose land massively.
    Nef earns 560M coins per week from its lands which is a significant advantage over other guilds that must pay for charms and refining their gear out of pocket. You clearly do not understand military campaign analysis... Exhaustion on a rotating schedule is a non-factor. If you did know something of historical battles, you'd know that a very tiny force can wipe a very much larger force indefinitely as long as they maintain and incredible technological advantage over the gear of the opposing force. It is this principle of Lancaster's Power Law that allowed 168 Spaniards to defeat 80,000 Incans in the Battle of Cajamarca (see post #65 of this thread).

One of the few top competing factions against Nef may have a playerbase that has comparable gear to what Nef's average 80-man team fields, but they can't be average to attack and win a land... they have to be comparable to Nef's 80-man best team, because Nef seems to understand campaign analysis--you don't send your "average" squad up against your most competent rival; you send the best you have. Thus there are 1-3 guilds that might have a battle outcome more like Custer's Last Stand (Custer was simply outnumbered) than the Battle of Cajamarca (Incans had no chance to win ever), but they need the absolute best gear and 80 people with gear at that level. That will get them one land... Fill the guild with 200 people like that and you have an interesting TW (that PWI profits from pretty nicely since gear at that level likely involves heavy cash-shopping).
  • Spinna - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    I understand that a more advance civilization in the matter of war technology can defeat a larger amount of players with lower technology. But the thing is if you fight friday night, saturday morning, midday, afternoon, evening, night and sunday morning at some point you'll get tired either of the game or of a lack of sleep.

There are TW you won't show up, maybe not on the first week-end, but what about the second or the third or even the fourth or even later. I know it's a long term war but people have been QQing for a VERY long term.

Added to that there might not always be an exact amount of 200 players in their faction... their must be rotation like any other faction, some leave some get in. So there's a procedure so there could be like 195.

And like most faction that TW, if you count with some of your friends the amount of players they send during the main three TW attacker's day... they sometime have 120-150 players... even if they had 170 players divided by 3, it's not an equal fight. And gears can't match every other weakness created by the divided forces.

A few minutes fight isn't a lot but if you get one every few hours several times a day, which cut in your free time for the game and real life, it's hard on moral. Even if they're a lot of powerful players, they can't always be there. They can't always be awake and not making mistakes over angriness or exhaustion after several short battles, not knowing if the enemy will show up, after several days, after several week-ends of this treatment, having their officers planning one battle after anotherm making squads, having to deal with the emotionnal response of their players/ IG friends, having to deal with the idea some might wanna trash talk about this in world chat if they get to this exhauston point of fighting, and some will..., such a way of doing war affect the moral of the troops. And the outcome at some point.

Your natives of south america may have lost some 500 years ago, but the outcome could have been different... i know my history too... but I'm keeping in mind that this a real time MMORPG and that there have been situation where way weaker society who won against tyrant and Herculean empires.
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Mmmmmmm the beauty of wc spam after TWs . I think I'll log on sanc once in the weekends for a few just to see those b:laugh .

Yet last week I was almost lame for my own TW cuz of it b:angry .

Now to be mean again :

Were those few min worth TWs fun gaiz ?

I know I enjoyed my 2 hr one */insert evil smile* .

Enjoying your cash shopped game still? :P

What happened to quitting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Enjoying your cash shopped game still? :P

What happened to quitting?

Har har har , I explained myself once already & too lazy to do so again b:pleased .

Shand was always a bully Q_Q .

I'm enjoying it until I can no longer get fun TWs on the fishie server b:cute .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • BiNinjak - Sanctuary
    BiNinjak - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    one year later im back with the ultimate solution

go read my suggestion http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=677132

You just have to answer brilliant, +1, you saved us all b:laugh
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    one year later im back with the ultimate solution

go read my suggestion http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=677132

You just have to answer brilliant, +1, you saved us all b:laugh

OMG the old school heavy armor claw/fist user from Legendary b:boredb:bored
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    OMG the old school heavy armor claw/fist user from Legendary b:boredb:bored

Ssshhhh... Nef now thinks they were the first faction to have fist bm's. Sorry but 6 months ago none of those fist noobs in Nef existed. Packs made Nef fists bm's. Not pro~
  • JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary
    JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ssshhhh... Nef now thinks they were the first faction to have fist bm's. Sorry but 6 months ago none of those fist noobs in Nef existed. Packs made Nef fists bm's. Not pro~

somehow, i doubt they think that, they may say stupid stuff, but even they know there were fist bm's way before nef even used em, the one nef did have, they wouldnt let tw because fist bm's were "useless" as the nef people said.
    Sage BM, hated by many,and i hate you all aswell b:cute
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How can u speak for others ? the only way you could is assuming that you do know the vast majority of PWI players personnally. Which means more than 50,1 % of the players.

That seems to be the popular opinion.

And since you desire ALL NEFARIOUS PEOPLE to be bann to the extrem possibility of that idea, then I assume ALL NEFARIOUS PEOPLE caused you great ill and to the rest of the server for all being bad people. But if that was the case measure, no matter the economy could become, would have been taken. Nefarious members may represent a good deal in the PWI economy but isn't worth enough to dirty their image to a no coming back point for PWE.

I never said that they did something bad. I just said that if they got banned, people wouldn't cry about it.

As for now, the current members of Nefarious have not broken the rules that required them to be banned as well as their IP numbers.

Did I say so? No.

And on the other hand there has been several "no-show" has some would use the expression regarding some TW against Nef in which the one some love to call Big red won without resistance. Could it be due to some players being afraid to fight one on one because they didn't get to fight beside one of the "Big" enemy faction of Nefarious 6 Or is it simply that there is something wrong behind those bids ? If it is the second option... who is helping in those machiavelous plans who are forbidden on PWi and were once upon a time followed by the officer of the faction at fault, being suspended for the least.

Most PWI players aren't 90+ yet. How on earth you think an army of bad-geared 7x ppl could win against them? There is no reason to fight against them at my levels.

Perhaps I could recommend you to be careful, with your idea of banishment maybe the game master of this game and all administrative members of the game might decide to exercise their duty against such actions. BUT the one who could get "banned" may not be among Nefarious. Which would mean less opposition to the "Nefarious Empire"...

I'm getting banned because I said what most people wouldn't do if such thing happened? I doubt that. And no, it's not like GMs start to ban innocent people. If I got that right, your sentences weren't too easy to understand.

Now why would you offer such a possibility to the world of PWI - Sanctuary, maybe you resort to it after being defeated too many times due to your lack of strength or strategy intelligence, who knows...

Sheesh. I never said it should happen, I said IF it happened. And lack of strength? Of course not, I can kill ten 10x players at one by using arcane armor and shooting lasers out of my eyes. Intelligence? That was an insult, but I will let it slide.

You're looking for an easy way to get rid of a nuisance of yours, but I wouldn't ally myself to you on this point. Because if you resort to something like that now, then what will assure me that you wouldn't do it again, once you face another wall in your ascension to world domination.

How I would profit if Nef didn't exist? Regi and Leg (along with other factions) would dominate the map and soon it would be in the same situation.

Ain't that the goal of these TW ? If so then what's wrong with Nefarious' actions ?

It is. But tell me, how on earth you managed to write this much after I said it SEEMS that Nef is hated?

Sigh. Happy now?
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    somehow, i doubt they think that, they may say stupid stuff, but even they know there were fist bm's way before nef even used em, the one nef did have, they wouldnt let tw because fist bm's were "useless" as the nef people said.

A member of this confidently told me this last night, lol. Dart, frost, and rising are the "original" fist bm's. I was just like *head-desk*. Kyosera (sp?) is the only nef fist bm I remember from six months ago.
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    A member of this confidently told me this last night, lol. Dart, frost, and rising are the "original" fist bm's. I was just like *head-desk*. Kyosera (sp?) is the only nef fist bm I remember from six months ago.

I think it was Kyosora, but that was when there was no interval gear and he got rocked by wizards b:chuckle

edit: Legendary had TShogun and Magnate and dreadcrozz(didnt bother to spell his name correctly)
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I think it was Kyosora, but that was when there was no interval gear and he got rocked by wizards b:chuckle

edit: Legendary had TShogun and Magnate and dreadcrozz(didnt bother to spell his name correctly)

Lefthand was one of the first fist BMs, and I used to talk to him about them pretty frequently. Even wrote the str/dex damage comparison on legendary forums sometime in Dec 08 I think. Magnate was a fist BM who came after Left though.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Lefthand was one of the first fist BMs, and I used to talk to him about them pretty frequently. Even wrote the str/dex damage comparison on legendary forums sometime in Dec 08 I think. Magnate was a fist BM who came after Left though.

Oh yeah, forgot about Lefthand, he sorta disappeared into the shadows @.@ Tshogun had to quit due to surgery i think? :c

edit: Why didn't anyone think of going fist when packs first came out anyways? Doesn't seem like anything new came out and all of a sudden fist BM is the new rage