TW Discussion - Twilight Temple

Options

Comments

• RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary
    RRARRRRGGHHH - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Switching weapons if fun to do, and easily accomplished with a good set of hotkeys. Switching armor etc is just talking too much to do in a short period of time. My entire setup at least relies on 4 hotkeys for weapon swapping, while clicking on pretty much everything else. Some more important skills are also hotkeyed of course.

I went with a swindlers and an evade 99 belt for my ornaments along with LA bracers. I figured since bracers contribute the least to total defense degrading those to LA would not really hurt my pdef that much, which tbh I dont even notice a difference. The refine bonus does suck, but that hp loss is more than made up by the necklace. Also the bracers give slightly more mdef than heavy to make up for the lack of one mdef ornament. I would never use the LA boots because of the fact then I would have to deal with another crappy LA refine mod and would actually have to start refining rings etc to make up pdef. You do need mdef but giving up one ornament is not going to hurt too much, unless we are talking about like +12ing ornaments. If you do 2 LA armor pieces then you have to have 2 HA things when you get nirvana legs so you can possibly have 4 base attack speed. So you will be stuck getting a tt99 pdef orn, and a heavy tt99 plate, then nirvana legs and helm for +5 attack level and -0.05 int. pdef orn makes up for the LA shortcomings of pdef, however your still stuck with a less then useful ornament that is not mdef either way. You will end up with more hp not using the 2nd LA armor peice, and instead using the ornament. Using 2 evade ornaments though I would consider a pretty bad idea. Either of the other methods have their own benefits, while this just leaves you down a huge amount of mdef. and possibly hp.

Alter marrow magical easily makes up for what you lose from that ornament, and more. Full buffed sage alter magical gives you base +240% mdef with base pdef. Though physical attacks can then actually do more than chip paint. But of course in tw the main issue is you have freak arcanes with +10-12 weapons running around 1-3 shotting everyone, as well as every single bm using HF bramble rage (most broken skill in the game, a single bm should not have a chance to whipe out a 12 meter area of other bms with a bloody genie skill singlehandedly), etc to deal with...then again you toss on the marrow and then end up in the middle of some guys barrage or have some barb with way to much hp droppin outta the sky and armageddoning you.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mmm, so like

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=fafc6a6492d1de84

or

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=da0cb1aca9c9dbda
    ?

ugh why do evasion orns exist? you can't feel good about equipping evasion orns, it's so terrible.

Lol? wtf why do u have arcane sleeves on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaCage - Sanctuary
    DaCage - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Acctully those are LA braces, the calculator just shows them as Arcane hence the - int stat instead of channeling on them.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    WOOOT CANT TOUCH THIS!

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=819e4ff5ae43714f

you KNOW you want that -channel
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think everyone should just TW with an arcane barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why would the lost of phys def matter so much to a BM? BMs shouldnt be targetted by physical attackers usually..
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    heavy armor gives the best overall defensive stats i think, as well as the highest refinement bonus. the difference is really only noticeable at fairly high refines.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    OFF TOPIC NOW ZOMG @_@;;

RRARRRRGGH bad bad. (I secretly love reading your bm talk xD)

So Sunday defenses and attacks are the highlight for this weekend? Teehee. What fun awaits? :) These kinda numbers games are so amusing 8D

Entertain me this weekend PWI ;) Although I think I already know how it will all end xD

Where has Decepty been? :O He has been unusually quiet xD
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Switching weapons if fun to do, and easily accomplished with a good set of hotkeys. Switching armor etc is just talking too much to do in a short period of time. My entire setup at least relies on 4 hotkeys for weapon swapping, while clicking on pretty much everything else. Some more important skills are also hotkeyed of course.

I went with a swindlers and an evade 99 belt for my ornaments along with LA bracers. I figured since bracers contribute the least to total defense degrading those to LA would not really hurt my pdef that much, which tbh I dont even notice a difference. The refine bonus does suck, but that hp loss is more than made up by the necklace. Also the bracers give slightly more mdef than heavy to make up for the lack of one mdef ornament. I would never use the LA boots because of the fact then I would have to deal with another crappy LA refine mod and would actually have to start refining rings etc to make up pdef. You do need mdef but giving up one ornament is not going to hurt too much, unless we are talking about like +12ing ornaments. If you do 2 LA armor pieces then you have to have 2 HA things when you get nirvana legs so you can possibly have 4 base attack speed. So you will be stuck getting a tt99 pdef orn, and a heavy tt99 plate, then nirvana legs and helm for +5 attack level and -0.05 int. pdef orn makes up for the LA shortcomings of pdef, however your still stuck with a less then useful ornament that is not mdef either way. You will end up with more hp not using the 2nd LA armor peice, and instead using the ornament. Using 2 evade ornaments though I would consider a pretty bad idea. Either of the other methods have their own benefits, while this just leaves you down a huge amount of mdef. and possibly hp.

Alter marrow magical easily makes up for what you lose from that ornament, and more. Full buffed sage alter magical gives you base +240% mdef with base pdef. Though physical attacks can then actually do more than chip paint. But of course in tw the main issue is you have freak arcanes with +10-12 weapons running around 1-3 shotting everyone, as well as every single bm using HF bramble rage (most broken skill in the game, a single bm should not have a chance to whipe out a 12 meter area of other bms with a bloody genie skill singlehandedly), etc to deal with...then again you toss on the marrow and then end up in the middle of some guys barrage or have some barb with way to much hp droppin outta the sky and armageddoning you.

Your points are valid, I was considering either LA Chest and Wrists with HA Boots and belt with nirvana pants... OR HA Chest, belt with LA boots and wrists. I equated them to be about the same.. but since I already had my HA set +6, I wasn't about to remake another chestplate, not worth another 70m, so I stuck with what I already had, trying to maximize my survivability in TW with what little finance I have to spend.

It seems you're more worried about HP and phys def than I am, I can safely say that no one's going to know what armor you are using in TW except yourself.. another reason HA venos have great survivability, I think it would follow suit for BMs with LA too P:

My simple reason for my decision was that I don't get targeted from Barbs/BMs often, and if I do, it's usually them using HF + BR to try and kill me, not the physical damage itself.

In group PvP you don't really fight the heavies, and if for some reason you do get targeted by them, you can just stun and slow, then keep moving on to the next wizard/veno
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hey there weirdos,

This aint no BM build discussion thread.

GL to whoever in your TWS
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Arshen - Sanctuary
    Arshen - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah... No bm build discussion.. Lets discuss veno's b:cuteb:chuckle

Nah just jk <3 Lets see how TW ends this week, will be pretty interesting I think ^_^

Take care, Sign up and prepare for TW everyone b:cute
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    SarahC - Sanctuary Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ka-chingggggggg and lots of bling bling. o.o

This is the best and only promising part of this weeks report b:chuckle b:victory
    "Anyone wanna doing cube atm?" - Aya
    "I click Release Corpse and it tells me I can't perform this action while dead." -Saveless
    Enelysionb:cute
  • Stealthninja - Sanctuary
    Stealthninja - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wonder how this is going to Turn out since it is Easter sunday and its a 9:00am defence for regi. Wonder if its going to be euro and non Christains playing or if people are seriosuly gonna miss mass for a TW XD. We will soon find out. And have fun.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Jesus commands you to TW, it's a hidden commandment.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why would anyone skip mass for TW, or skip TW for mass. When you can bring your laptop to church and do both at the same time.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    SarahC - Sanctuary Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why would anyone skip mass for TW, or skip TW for mass. When you can bring your laptop to church and do both at the same time.

This made me rofl~ b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    "Anyone wanna doing cube atm?" - Aya
    "I click Release Corpse and it tells me I can't perform this action while dead." -Saveless
    Enelysionb:cute
  • Aliure - Sanctuary
    Aliure - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hey there weirdos,

This aint no BM build discussion thread.

GL to whoever in your TWS
    <3 James! :D
    "There is nothing worth your complete trust in this world other than yourself. The moment you lean on someone, you'll lose the strength to remain standing and when that person leaves, you'll end up hitting the ground."
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Congratz Reg.

I'm pretty surprised since Reg beat Nef outright this time and last week you guys only lasted an hour that is a pretty big improvement.
  • Intelgirl - Sanctuary
    Intelgirl - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Regicide won in a fair 1 on 1 against Nefarious fight defending the land. We are all in different time zones so talking smack about us being non-Christians is just wrong.

Please keep in mind that Regicide and Nefarious both have 200 members and only need 80 for a TW. No one has to miss mass for a TW and not a single person in Regicide has ever said to our members that we have to miss a real life event for the game.

Is this another excuse for why we beat Nef? People keep throwing up reasons as to why Regicide would ever win a battle against Nef.

Stop making up excuses and admit that Regicide is actually competition (and plenty of us are good Catholics too!).
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think any references to the holiday and those who choose to observe it were not intended to offend or be used an excuse. Pretty sure it was a jest. hurhur

Was playing ff13, missed getting tw updates this morning D:
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol

Grats Regi on a successful defence!

How long was the battle? Did u guys win or timed out? It seemed to last pretty long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol

Grats Regi on a successful defence!

How long was the battle? Did u guys win or timed out? It seemed to last pretty long.

They won with like 15 minutes left give or take 2-3 min.
  • JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary
    JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hmmm,. 2 1/4 hrs gone and still regi and nef fight, hate to see the charm bills off today. Was great fun, enel lasting 30 mins, and surviving the templar rush at start. Nef being forced to not defend RR and loosing at least 1 land, with regi's still undecided. Even having nef;s top DD's pulled out of regi to help them beat enel, because there cats were getting creamed by our defence, enjoyed every minute of it b:victory Cya next week for more. b:bye
    Sage BM, hated by many,and i hate you all aswell b:cute
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Like wow things are getting interesting again b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty . What's up with Nef after their 2-3 hour capture of the map its like their morale is gone? Im still trying to find out why LiuZhibo quit his officership and also quit Nef? I want to know even though im not in a TW guild b:chuckle.

Congratz Nef on defeating Reg right before timer went out on Nef's defense.

Congratz RR on getting more color on the map.

Enelysion, I think its only a matter of time before you guys make another splash on the map hopefully its a cheerful yellow.
  • JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary
    JoHnNyPh - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yellow is about the 6th/7th colour unfortunately. 4th if it appears will be light blue i believe
    Sage BM, hated by many,and i hate you all aswell b:cute
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yellow is about the 6th/7th colour unfortunately. 4th if it appears will be light blue i believe

ewwwwww >.<
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hey now. I like light blue =(

If Nef was light blue, I wouldn't want them off the map Dx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Grats Regi and RR. Great job guys. More colors on the map next week! b:victory
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Looks like it goes red, green, orange, cyan, magenta, yellow...

Grats to all factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Looks like it goes red, green, orange, cyan, magenta, yellow...

Grats to all factions.

Hai sexy b:dirtyb:kiss
    You can't see me b:avoid.