Clerics : stop buffing everybody you find

Options

Comments

• Henchman - Dreamweaver
    Henchman - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You know, kata. It could be. Just a little bit. That the reason everyone is on the defencive is cause your post kind of comes off as belittling and rude. You basicly came in here and told everyone not to do what it is clerics do. Where as that might not have been your intention, That is what the comon reader will probably read and post too.

On another note, the reason why alot of clerics buff at random...Is cause usualy if we are in the middle of something, Like killing a mob/boss,Healing a friend etc. People tend to whisper us out of the blue with "Buffs plx" or some other off form of chatspeak. Then if we ignore them, even for a minute, we tend to get cussed out due to the normal player being impatient. So if we buff people at random, we tend to be left alone when we ourselves need to do something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Can you make it more easier to read ? I don't understand a word :o

reread my post and and are you just sitting on this thread refeshing it every minute.Why don't you go and read the Veno forum and learn how to be a Veno.

^Not to mention when our mana gets low as this happened to me.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I was refering more to the more useful ones D: HP/MP regen works well early, But lets face it. HP MP food is way more practical

This reminds me of what my friend would say. The extra 1 HP that you get from the regen might allow your charm to tick....
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Henchman - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Eww charm ticks. Now we are talking a whole new can of evil D:

Nah, i know that its got its uses. But i mean. Spending 1-2k on a powder to recover some hp/sec is kinda dwarfed out by a hp foods huge hp recovery.

I dont know, it could just be because i can buff myself i dont see the use XD

Its like when a barb freaks out when he doesent have your magic buff....HILARIOUS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I will not repeat what is already said. Just read.

Since the beginning nobody managed to argue against my thought.

You mean no one really cared that you're making an a*hole of yourself.

There are full of awesome venos in this game and I'm sorry, you're not one of them on the contrary, you're giving them a bad name with your stupid thread.

But without arguments i guess i am right then.
    I am still waiting for good arguments.

You're the one without good arguments, and tbh, no one really cares.
    And please, try to restrain yourself to say insulting things like ExELFine'spost.
    I might reconsider my kindness, regardless to what bad readers think of me.

Yea, I suppose that having to read the truth about your stupidity is indeed insulting.

But worse, you are insulting your whole class. Thank goodness you're on a remote server.
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Eww charm ticks. Now we are talking a whole new can of evil D:

Nah, i know that its got its uses. But i mean. Spending 1-2k on a powder to recover some hp/sec is kinda dwarfed out by a hp foods huge hp recovery.

I dont know, it could just be because i can buff myself i dont see the use XD

Its like when a barb freaks out when he doesent have your magic buff....HILARIOUS

Technically the powders can be free, all you need is to farm the herbs. And everytime I click on my crab meat, its kinda painful to watch another 3k gone down the drain....

And yea, I get tons of those "You have to buff me NAO!"...b:angry
  • Henchman - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Cleric = Buff slave. Just get used to it XD

I remember i was using a mp charm and didn't want it to tick. I used all my group buffs except my magic attack one.

All party members where a phys class but me. But they kicked me from the party cause i refused to give them my last buff >> now i just have them all set to one macro

I also learned that MP charms are over rated when you are an MP factory like a cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear
    Disarmonia_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Also: for one, it's not proper edicate or whatever: to come to this forum to gripe and complain. I'm sure the cleric's that have buffed you before: won't again, It costs money to buff one way or another and if you have a issue with this: then I'm sorry, uninstall the game.

It's kind of like being NICE, and holding the door for someone: but honestly, to come on this forum with a level 23 Veno account: to post something like this is kind of 'special'. Just be glad you got the buffs and move-on.

Anyways, that's my 2-cents.

Happy Hunting.
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
    ~PWI status: Retired
    P.S. and happily ever after: with Aneu~
    b:kiss
  • KataVeno - Raging Tide
    KataVeno - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You know, kata. It could be. Just a little bit. That the reason everyone is on the defencive is cause your post kind of comes off as belittling and rude. You basicly came in here and told everyone not to do what it is clerics do. Where as that might not have been your intention, That is what the comon reader will probably read and post too.

On another note, the reason why alot of clerics buff at random...Is cause usualy if we are in the middle of something, Like killing a mob/boss,Healing a friend etc. People tend to whisper us out of the blue with "Buffs plx" or some other off form of chatspeak. Then if we ignore them, even for a minute, we tend to get cussed out due to the normal player being impatient. So if we buff people at random, we tend to be left alone when we ourselves need to do something.

finally someone who's got a point.

True, i came on the cleric forum since i think clerics are more affected by this. But others are affected too, we talked about venos and bramble skills.
    And i was asking for more... let's say... communication.

Too much players do things they wants regardless of others
    (I remind now of an other classical : luring an AOE boss on a village :/)
    That is absolutely normal since most players are kids.

Most of the time they do not want to make issues.
    This thread is to allow them to learn a little.

But there are some players, and i see every day a thread relating that, who are completely aware of beeing a nuisance to others.
    For them i say "selfish" because i want them to understand how much hated thay are by some players (not me, i am highly comprehensive).

For your last note, i am completely aware of that. As i said i had been a cleric too.
    But when someone is not respectfull, i reply. Each time.
    I had never change my way of playing to make things easier to me.
    What i mean is i will not stop to think of everybody around me just becaus some of them are unpleasant.
    I wil take patience to ask and answer to everybody. Except maybe those who show they do not want to listen. For them i just ignore.

Thanks for your post with two good points.

As a general note, in the game and in life.
    Things are always easier when you take time to talk.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options

I remember i was using a mp charm and didn't want it to tick. I used all my group buffs except my magic attack one.

All party members where a phys class but me. But they kicked me from the party cause i refused to give them my last buff >> now i just have them all set to one macro

I also learned that MP charms are over rated when you are an MP factory like a cleric

I'm quite the opposite of you.

Clerics can call the shots and pretty much get away with it. Usually, I would "declare" a tanker and would just keep him alive. Anyone else who gets aggro? They die b:chuckle
    (I've even BB right on top of a boss to cut down an archer's damage)

MP charms are definitely overrated. However, It does give you the ability to afk BB b:sad
    edited March 2010
    Options

And in all honesty: Don't get the level 11 Ironheart Blessing or Stream of Rejuve if you go demon. A single cast of Demon IHB is 400 MP per cast: and Stream, a whooping 1k MP. So, it will eat any charms you have ALIVE but, personally: I like having them still - none-the-less.

I like seeing Barbs and Tank's smile once in a while when submerged in boss-balls for not having to use MP pots.
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/DisaGD4Life.png[/SIGPIC]
    ♥Aneurysmal
  • Henchman - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I no, Don't get me wrong.

I'm the leader of a faction, On top of this My faction owns land and has kept it for quite a while. I know how to call shots and control a party, I do it all the time. But even then. How long is it, after some one dies in your squad will they go before shouting "Buffs plz" cause you spaced it. Regardless on how you play your cleric, how well you play it, Or the people your with, You still boil down to buffing, healing, And if your lucky the occasional DD to break the ice (Yay FC runs!) At the time i was kicked, We had two clerics in the squad >> so they decided to kick me out.

I love it when theres an argument in an instance and i tell everyone to just shut up and move on and they do it...There reasoning always being "Don't make the cleric mad or you will party wipe"

God i love being a cleric :D:D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Henchman - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    And in all honesty: Don't get the level 11 Ironheart Blessing or Stream of Rejuve if you go demon. A single cast of Demon IHB is 400 MP per cast: and Stream, a whooping 1k MP. So, it will eat any charms you have ALIVE but, personally: I like having them still - none-the-less.

I like seeing Barbs and Tank's smile once in a while when submerged in boss-balls for not having to use MP pots.

<----Demon D:

Yeah i want the demon IH at least. If nothing else, it will keep the barb from having to bum pots off of me. Though at that level they should probably have skill use and mp saving down. Unfortunatly i still come across 90 barbs whos play strategy is just."Nuke the SOB D:<"

Really, at 90+ you should know your class. its sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KataVeno - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Also: for one, it's not proper edicate or whatever: to come to this forum to gripe and complain.
    Can you tell me why it is better to say nothing ?
    You mean you prefer when someone who disagree with you go away ?
    I'm sure the cleric's that have buffed you before: won't again
    Seams you don't know what i said to them.
    if you have a issue with this: then I'm sorry, uninstall the game.
    Again...

It's kind of like being NICE, and holding the door for someone: but honestly, to come on this forum with a level 23 Veno account: to post something like this is kind of 'special'. Just be glad you got the buffs and move-on.
    A good point.
    You mean that it is to much said for so little matter...
    Well maybe.
    But the matter is not that clerics do this, i already said i thanks them most of the time when that comes. (Exception for boss fights where i explain)
    This issue is just an example of the general way of thinking of players.
    That's true at the beginning i was just thinking of clerics as they are everywhere (:D).
    But actually this is not a problem of class.
    I should have post this thread in the general section.
    That was a mistake, i already said that too.

And please, all... stop thinking of me as just a level 23 veno because of the avatar. That is not really a proof of might :/
    Second time : i play since 3 years.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    <----Demon D:

Yeah i want the demon IH at least. If nothing else, it will keep the barb from having to bum pots off of me. Though at that level they should probably have skill use and mp saving down. Unfortunatly i still come across 90 barbs whos play strategy is just."Nuke the SOB D:<"

Really, at 90+ you should know your class. its sad

Sadly: The same goes for most classes though. I've gotten to the point I just Solo-Cleric everything. I'm tired of seeing other clerics that pay no attention. Even when I'm off playing my alt.

One time I had to log onto my other P.C. to drag a BH69 out of the rut: because the Cleric was so simple-minded they wouldn't listen to use Purify. Even with being told to. Though, it was funny to see the other Cleric: after they had JUST verbally bashed me on my alt (Saying: I didn't know anything about the class, etc.) Take a few steps back-wards when I joined group with my level 100 Cleric... It made me RL-'lol' a bit.
    ♥Aneurysmal
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yea, I'd better sell demon IH if I get it...(the same thing I plan to do for demon rez)
    And get myself demon metal mastery, tempest and wield thunder.

As long as my IH is sufficient, I don't see any reason to level it anymore.

But it does boost my IH by about 170hp per tick...b:dirty
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Can you tell me why it is better to say nothing ?

Seams you don't know what i said to them.

Again...

A good point.
    You mean that it is to much said for so little matter...
    Well maybe.
    But the matter is not that clerics do this, i already said i thanks them most of the time when that comes. (Exception for boss fights where i explain)
    This issue is just an example of the general way of thinking of players.
    That's true at the beginning i was just thinking of clerics as they are everywhere (:D).
    But actually this is not a problem of class.
    I should have post this thread in the general section.
    That was a mistake, i already said that too.

Alright: To Clearify what I ment:
    1) This is a game.
    2) People aren't Mind-readers.
    3) I don't mind when people dissagree with me, That doesn't bother me in the slighest: But to be honest. If you're going to complain about some low level apoc waste: when the buffs you where given can last 30 minutes: or 1 Hour.
    Think about all the herb you saved.
    1 Apoc Item lasts 10 minutes.
    Requiring @ least 5 of each low-grade herb.
    The time you saved in farming these herbs, helps you level in other-ways.
    Also: Spirits Gift, The Magic Attack buff makes you pretty much ungodly when attacking those low level mobs when the buff is maxed - or close, anyways.

And with what I said on #3. I think it's pretty petty to gripe about people trying to HELP you by sending you buffs.

Save Fretting over your apoc until you're higher level: where it really matters.

:shrug:
    ♥Aneurysmal
  • KataVeno - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ...things about apoc...
    I will repeat because it seams people just reads the title.
    I had never complain about clerics erasing powders i have just explained it happens.
    If that happens to me, i thanks them and explain the issue.
    Most of the time they say "i'm sorry didn't know" or "didn't want to" and that is fine.
    But when the player says something like "i do what i want" i think there is a problem with his way of thinking society.
    This thread is not made for me to QQ but for them to learn.
    If they don't want, then don't have to post or read this thread...
    until you're higher level: where it really matters.
    for the last time... this level 23 veno doesn't mean i just started to play.
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Epic OP fail. I feel sorry for those around you who have to put up with your meaningless tantrums.

One word:

l2pyveno

b:cool
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • KataVeno - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Epic OP fail. I feel sorry for those around you who have to put up with your meaningless tantrums.

One word:

l2pyveno

b:cool

Look, if you don't understand, fine.
    But if you have nothing to say in either way then get away, this thread is not for you.

Some people had some good points to put but your spams don't help the thread.
    Again, if you disagre and don't want to argue then post nothing.

This is a warning. The first and the last.
    Forums have rules, you have to respect that, even if you don't respect other's thought.
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Look, if you don't understand, fine.
    But if you have nothing to say in either way then get away, this thread is not for you.

Some people had some good points to put but your spams don't help the thread.
    Again, if you disagre and don't want to argue then post nothing.

Forums have rules, you have to respect that, even if you don't respect other's thought.

This is a warning.

ROFLMAO. b:laugh
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Just make sure you have a good amount of chi before your party is ready to start. Back when I used to use MP charms I did I think 3 group buffs like yourself then sparked for some mp and then did the last buff. I did try meditating a few times after 3rd group buff but as you'd know parties can get a little impatient so I switched to using spark. ^_^
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    HP MP food ? Do you mean pots ?
    If that is so i agree... for a veno a least :)

he meant jiaozi and yuanxiao. most effective source of mp / hp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KataVeno - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he meant jiaozi and yuanxiao. most effective source of mp / hp

I forgot this... and never used :/
    That comes from an event didn't it ? Don't remember well.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Indeed there are rules on this forum. And spam if excessive is a banable offence. Nexdonum you are tempting the GM's to let the banhammer fall. This is the only warning you will get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    disclaimer: i know double posting is frowned upon, sorry
    after reading this whole thread (ok, skipping some ramblings) i had kind of revelation: its not about buffs, or clerics or helping at all (and definitely not about overwriting powders)

OP seems to have some pretty serious issues about personal space, freedom and interacting with others.
    and to that i can only say two things:
    1) im sorry she has such a problem, i imagine it makes life very hard for her, but cleric forum isnt the place to fix that, id recommend getting professional help instead
    2) playing a game that is a MMO must be very aggravating for such a person as it forces on her some kind of interaction with others with all these ppl logged at once and having to share space and mobs and quests, and i can only repeat someone's advice: for OP single player game can be the best solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulPeace - Sanctuary
    SoulPeace - Sanctuary Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My humble opinion about"Random",Buffing/Healing/Unrequested Helping

First - I check if someone is already buffed and I NEVER assume that whatever buffs he have are lower than mine so I never overwrite a buff
    Second - I do random buff/heal sometimes
    Third - I even pull mobs when I see someone is in trouble(e.g. a Cleric which I saw fighting 1Vs1 mobs all the time get not-intentionally 2 or more mobs on him/her)

Fourth - Most most most of the time a buff/heal/whatever is appreciated,I can't act considering the small % to meet someone not buffed with doesn't want buffs,and I can't even ask every time because not everyone out there known English or understand what Im asking or even notice that Im asking something,so I do take the risk to buff someone who don't want to.

Fifth - When I cross the road,I don't think"omg there's a small % that a car will kill me,so I will not cross the road",I just accept the risk like any normal person would,so do I when I random buff/heal/etc

Sixth - And the Most Important - I do whatever I do because I Want to,if you don't like,go cry to mama,I did what I want call me selfish or whatever.
    <-- Signature Space -->
    Once upon a time...
  • KataVeno - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    disclaimer: i know double posting is frowned upon, sorry
    after reading this whole thread (ok, skipping some ramblings) i had kind of revelation: its not about buffs, or clerics or helping at all (and definitely not about overwriting powders)

OP seems to have some pretty serious issues about personal space, freedom and interacting with others.
    and to that i can only say two things:
    1) im sorry she has such a problem, i imagine it makes life very hard for her, but cleric forum isnt the place to fix that, id recommend getting professional help instead
    2) playing a game that is a MMO must be very aggravating for such a person as it forces on her some kind of interaction with others with all these ppl logged at once and having to share space and mobs and quests, and i can only repeat someone's advice: for OP single player game can be the best solution.

The most interesting post from the beginning :)

Let's see.
    Personnal difficulties to handle poeple ?...
    Wrong but close.
    As proof, i had never unbearable problems with others in the game. I play, I team, I... interact... all fine.
    I am the kind of player who will answer in game to the question "what are the coordinates of the celestial sprite" and even say "follow me i will take you there".

There are very few exeptions where i ignore the really unpleasant player at the end.

But there is something that might makes things harder for poeple, not for me :
    i often try to teach something when i can and obviously some poeple hate this :).
    If i think it is of importance i might insist.
    That may make things harder for others but as i said it is rare.
    Most of the time i get "sry, i didn't know" or "sry, i didnt want' and that is fine.
  • KataVeno - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Most most most of the time a buff/heal/whatever is appreciated,I can't act considering the small % to meet someone not buffed with doesn't want buffs
    This is just a different point of view. As i said, i would ask every time :)
    I understand this way of thinking and i am not against it.
    But i do think you are not the kind of player who will be disrespectful with someone who would answer
    "thanks for your buff but i don't really need it"
    or "thanks but i want to kill that boss without it".

My point is that there are players who will acts really badly to this.
    I can't even ask every time because not everyone out there known English or understand what Im asking
    This is a really good point.
    Maybe the first really good argument against me :)
    I can't count how many times i got no answer or unreadable answers because of this.
    I do understand we don't want to try :)
    well again... i try :)
    When I cross the road,I don't think"omg there's a small % that a car will kill me,so I will not cross the road
    That is my strenght and weekness at the same time.
    I always think of this small %
    I do whatever I do because I Want to,if you don't like,go cry to mama,I did what I want call me selfish or whatever.
    selfish :p
    but contrary to too much players you seams to be able to talk :/
    Plus, in my point of view, we all always do what we want.
    The only difference is exactly what we want.
    Obviously, everybody dosn't want the same thing. ( gladly :/ )

I like when someone manage to counter me...
    thanks
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    id like to clarify: my last post wasnt intended to be sarcastic at all (and this one isnt either).
    discussing things is fun. arguing with a troll can be fun too (or can be annoying). making fun of someone who has a real problem would be just low.

i am aware ppl arent identical, and have different points of view, preferences, opinions and whatever. im ok with that, thats what makes life interesting. but when you get enough people in the same place chances are there will be many similarities, and as a whole group will be close to some kind of average and typical. thats when i was confronted with extremely different opinion, going against things i learned about this game during almost a year i played it, and not really clear ways of defending that opinion i suspected that may be different problem than views on unasked for helping - unwillingness or inability to comply with what is usually cosidered a 'norm'. wanting to be left alone (all the time or only on 'ogre days') is one thing. making such a long thread trying to convince majority of people that come here they are in the wrong and should immediately change their way of playing is different. so i think that thread wasnt really about a game at all. if i was right - im sincerely sorry for OP problem. if i wasnt - then im sorry i wasnt able to understand her point at all. (not because i have any intention of changing myself - i just believe communication is important)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.