TW? Who Cares?

1235»

Comments

• Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm inclined to disagree Ash. Sadly all I see BM's doing is Heaven's Flame and Bramble Rage. Not exactly the quality pk'rs like there once was before genies and insane gear. I never said there weren't any good BM's left... just quality has declined quite a bit in my eyes =3
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm inclined to disagree Ash. Sadly all I see BM's doing is Heaven's Flame and Bramble Rage. Not exactly the quality pk'rs like there once was before genies and insane gear. I never said there weren't any good BM's left... just quality has declined quite a bit in my eyes =3

It's so stupid > I mean why nerf an OP genie skill ( TS ) only to get an even more OP one ( bramble rage) that's aoe too .
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary
    ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This is why I used to be a support bm b:victory
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    It's so stupid > I mean why nerf an OP genie skill ( TS ) only to get an even more OP one ( bramble rage) that's aoe too .

Apparently BR was always pretty OP... it only got more so when they changed genies to make adding dex and str worth something. Wouldn't know, never used bramble rage on any genie of mine =o

TS was fun for killing people who ran away in TW. I remember killing venos with it in Nef TW's. LOLlightningbolt bzbzbzbbzzzz
  • Tsumama - Sanctuary
    Tsumama - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    what was the topic again o.o
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Is thedan's fail faction still alive?
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Is thedan's fail faction still alive?
    so far hes holding record for longest active leader of an active faction out of all the quitters on our server so id say yes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Legend - Raging Tide
    Legend - Raging Tide Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    so far hes holding record for longest active leader of an active faction out of all the quitters on our server so id say yes
    axe hp bms still fail b:lipcurl
    -quit-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    axe hp bms still fail b:lipcurl

Kalza you fail! Though the new fad is interval fist/claw bm.. Since every BM on this server is running around with Deicide claws.. even sage BMs.. b:chuckle
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Asbella - Sanctuary
    Asbella - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I started playing this back in nov 08 under a alt called Kassina and i would like to say I had a lot of fun reading ur post and seeing all the old names that I used to see in wc the comments and arguments still make me smile.. unlike the childish 1s I get to read in wc now. :)
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Skill died when genies were introduced. The flooded market doesn't help either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i do believe dan has restated to use claws
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I thought it might be amusing to bring this back to the OP, although I admit that drifitng topics are amusing in and of themselves at times! ^_^
    In Sanctuary, TWs have become irrelevant.

PWI has decided to do a switcheroo on the rules. Supposedly, no single faction should hold more than one major territory, but that rule has never been enforced. Thus, Nefarious is free to game the system; whereby, they can allow a few meager territories to be held by other factions and avoid resetting the map.

For the vast majority of us, TW is indeed irrelevant because PWI has circumvented its own rules; thus, a significant component of the game has been eliminated.
    The rules for territory wars are posted by PWI here. No where is it stated that a single faction is limitd to holding only 1 major territory. The closest rule to what you're claiming is Rule #1 under Declarinign War: 1. Your guild can only attack one territory per week. That's attack, not hold/defend. There is no mention anywhere of a map reset should one faction acquire all the territories of the map--that's some mythical rumor, not a rule.
    My question is why would PWI purposely sabotage its own game?
    As noted above, there's no sabotage... the few rules that are stated are actually in place.
    How many players have quit because their interest in TWs was completely thwarted?
    The QQers who quit do not outweigh those who suport the game through purchases of Zen or the marketing team would be working with the devs to ensure continued profitability. If you quit, but you were not a big buyer of Zen, why would PWI care?
    How much revenue has PWI lost?
    PWE is never likely to disclose this to you, but as noted above, the bottom line is profitability and that means people who buy Zen to get gold which in turn allows them to acquire +10 armor and +12 weapons of grade 12 (or higher?). A dragon orb ocean, which only ensures success for a +10 refine costs 75 gold = $75 USD... Given the amount of +10 or higher gear I see on Nef players, I'd think PWI is doing just fine with revenue with respect to TW, which in turn is a very small component of the game. For other factions to have ANY chance of competing against Nef, they too must have the majority of their forces invest lots of Zen so that they have comparable gear. Without that investment, they have no chance as noted in post #65 of this thread.
    I'd really like a response from PWI.
    Why would they bother to answer you when you don't have a technical problem or a customer service issue (and if you did have either of those issues you'd submit a support ticket)? Engaging end-users in open discussion is probably against company policy because there's no added-value to profitability and can only make them look bad unless it was a premeditated response, approved by the higher ups.
  • avalon2008
    avalon2008 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There definetely should be a limit of territories one faction can own.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Nah it should just be like other games where the land holding faction has to defend their land more than once a week. In another game fortress battles would happen 2-3 times a day, and while a monopoly was possible, it was definitely a challenge.

The way TW is set-up in this game basically encourages the people who can spend the most money to gather into a group and hold the map, granting them another major source of revenue. The dynamics of TW is already fairly limited. Three static paths yada yada. TW today is basically about who can steam-roll the other the fastest, with almost no real need for an actual strategy; unless the opponent is on somewhat more even footing.

Simply stated, this game is too easy. Nef doesn't really have to do anything other than show up to defend any single land on the weekends only. I highly doubt 150+ people in Nef would bother to show up to defend lands everyday. Not to mention the financial strain this would actually put on them to maintain supremacy. Since a majority of them only care about maximizing profit over minimal time input, it would probably be a waste for some to show up to defend more than a couple times a week.
  • __Undertaker - Sanctuary
    __Undertaker - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree a change in TW system is definitely in order. There should be no 5 mins TWs.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Weekly attacks from wraiths as suggested by someone in suggestion discussion a long time ago might be interesting. Make it so that super-hard mob would only attack a territory not bid on, randomly attack multiple times a weekend and can share timeslots with 3 other attackers.

You would presumably get some sort of monetary reward in the end, but it would mean that you'd have to devote a squad or two to the wraith attack or lose your territory. once taken over by wraiths, the land is up for grabs by any faction in a PvE TW. the wraiths...well...just use FCC and TT bosses or something. lol...

SUPER!
    AWESOME!
    WHIRLING!
    SLASH!

combined with

Reign of Frost!

and

Hatred is like a cloud in the sky (whatever that means)

and how can we forget about

Nice...Fresh blood!

b:chuckle
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Weekly attacks from wraiths as suggested by someone in suggestion discussion a long time ago might be interesting. Make it so that super-hard mob would only attack a territory not bid on, randomly attack multiple times a weekend and can share timeslots with 3 other attackers.

You would presumably get some sort of monetary reward in the end, but it would mean that you'd have to devote a squad or two to the wraith attack or lose your territory. once taken over by wraiths, the land is up for grabs by any faction in a PvE TW. the wraiths...well...just use FCC and TT bosses or something. lol...

SUPER!
    AWESOME!
    WHIRLING!
    SLASH!

combined with

Reign of Frost!

and

Hatred is like a cloud in the sky (whatever that means)

and how can we forget about

Nice...Fresh blood!

b:chuckle

that would be so much winb:thanks
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Spinna - Sanctuary
    Spinna - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    A wraith attack that attack a random territory every week on any of the seven days of the week.

For now it would most likely be Nef.

Nefarious deciding TW team leaders could let this fight go if it happens at the same time has a three attacking faction day. Then the week after they attack the land they loss and keep steam rolling factions that attack them. The one land attack by a wraith they let it go. Sure they won't have domination of the land but they'll get all others but one !

Now, what if the land attacked by that "uber" mobs isn't in Nefarious possession. people will be pissed, because they don't have as manylands as Nefarious does. Yet the PWI Dev Team can't be arbitrary on their decision and make it attack only Nef, that would be unfair and disrespectful. Game has to be equal for everyone.

And it is equal, you all have the opportunity to ruin yourself in real life on the boutique for a game and you all have the opportunity to cease having a real life to spend it on a game that will disappear one day. And you'll still be talking about it with your geek friends. While the rest of the planet made reality as it would be then.

And if you need a super-ultra-mega whatever mobs/boss to do the work that should be yours to complete then perhaps you're not made for a competition game...

How does it feel to see your idea being destroyed in a few lines ?
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    boo this thread was dead for 10 days, how dare you necro! b:shockedb:laugh
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Spinna - Sanctuary
    Spinna - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    boo this thread was dead for 10 days, how dare you necro! b:shockedb:laugh

Can't let people live in the dark, with fake hope and unrealistic options now can we ?