TW? Who Cares?

Options
Darkette - Sanctuary
Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
In Sanctuary, TWs have become irrelevant.

PWI has decided to do a switcheroo on the rules. Supposedly, no single faction should hold more than one major territory, but that rule has never been enforced. Thus, Nefarious is free to game the system; whereby, they can allow a few meager territories to be held by other factions and avoid resetting the map.

For the vast majority of us, TW is indeed irrelevant because PWI has circumvented its own rules; thus, a significant component of the game has been eliminated.

My question is why would PWI purposely sabotage its own game? How many players have quit because their interest in TWs was completely thwarted? How much revenue has PWI lost? I'd really like a response from PWI.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Darkette - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Dark_Exile - Raging Tide
    Dark_Exile - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if u read the npc that does the t.w rules u will also see a few things 1 being u cant fly in t.w..
    alot has changed in game by the patches and transfer 2 int. but the same basic build applies, cant trust what u read in game.
    flight in t.w is just an example
    also originally u could only take 40-60 ppl not todays 80, and it had the same jumping rule as an instance (stuck to floor)
    Death is only the beginning.....

Vae Victus
  • Venorik - Sanctuary
    Venorik - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There is NO reset of territories when all are gained by a single faction. For example, Conquerer on Lost City released their territory voluntarily when they dominated the map. Also, we're not gaming the system. We're genuinely trying to take over everything. Just setting a few things straight. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Venorik - The Movie Trailer] youtube.com/watch?v=wUYC9oC4gTM
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    We're genuinely trying to take over everything. Just setting a few things straight. b:cute

How many members of Nef have actually been there to take more than half their land? b:surrender
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How many members of Nef have actually been there to take more than half their land? b:surrender

And that has something to do with this thread? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Options
    And that has something to do with this thread? b:surrender

When were posts on threads ever relevant to the topic? Check Battlefront Report. b:cute
  • YngWiE - Sanctuary
    YngWiE - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

me b:surrender
  • aensidhe
    aensidhe Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i do not see the relevance or the accuracy of the op i am sorry. again, please see this from an objective pov if u will. i dont know the genetica make-up of Nef, but can u really expect a faction to have all its original members from over a year of gaming? how leave due to rl, boredom etc?

the others come in whether for the prospect of being among the best, to tw, or whatever. the same goes for any government, any leadership, any memberships out there...

Nef fought hard to get to where they are, others who join fight to maintain it and to grow if possible. I dont call that gaming the system. Gaming the system is when you pay other factions to time gank attacks on a faction you cannot beat 1v1. One can call that sound strategy or whatever and I would agree with that, but trying to pass it off as a hard-earned victory is pure arrogance.
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

me toob:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arjo
    arjo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    me b:surrender
    me toob:surrender

they were in nef way be4 i was....from the real beginning of nef i believe (am i wrong?) and they have also teached some stuff for me! b:thanks
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    In Sanctuary, TWs have become irrelevant.

Not to me. - Wish to have moar! b:dirty
  • arjo
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Not to me. - Wish to have moar! b:dirty

lol b:chuckle
  • Evga - Sanctuary
    Evga - Sanctuary Posts: 779 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    arjo wrote: »
    they were in nef way be4 i was....from the real beginning of nef i believe (am i wrong?) and they have also teached some stuff for me! b:thanks

i don't know who you are b:surrender

and i agree with mini, WE NEED MORE TW, MORE KILLING AND MORE DYING!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Which Nefs remember the long Nef vs Leg battles <3 I could consider them original b:victory
  • ScarletSin_ - Sanctuary
    ScarletSin_ - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Which Nefs remember the long Nef vs Leg battles <3 I could consider them original b:victory

Is this the only thing you are going to say in every thread?
    Ask yourself this.... After war, how many soldiers stand in front of you at the end that were fighting on the front lines at the beginning? There are few... and they are no more important then the ones standing in front of you today defending the land that they now call home, the land that their previous guildies fought hard to obtain and defend. Thats like saying, you arent an American if you didnt fight to claim the land years and years ago.
    Things change.... people change... the goal remains the same and unites us all.
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't think some of the newer members of Nef had the feeling of intense TW vs Leg back in the days. Back when TW was fair and it wasn't a common thing for everyone to carry +10 weapons and lunar rings and all their other fancy accessories. Those were real fun times.

And a newcomer and a veteran are two entirely different people, are they not?
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I see you b:kiss
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    We all fought so hard back then. I don't think you understand the feeling Scarlett, no unless you were in Nef or Legendary back then you certainly do not understand where Accel is coming from. In a post talking about how pointless TW is to you, it is no wonder you don't understand why it matters to some of us, you have never felt that feeling that a lot of us older players have experienced.
    A lot of the new players that you seek to put on the same playing field as us older players just don't know. Yeah I know, QQ about gear advantage and all, but Accel is right. Charms and the insane level that some peoples gear has reached makes TW/PvP rather broken.
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I remember playing about what 8 months and grinding for weeks straight to get from 86-89.. and lookie now, I got to 90 on my sin in 3 months b:shocked. Things are really different now. b:surrender

This thread has now become a thread of reminiscing.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Reminiscing helps me remember why I still fight and play this game despite how broken it is ;)
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    "I Remember back when.." "Remember when Nef vs Leg was so awesome lulz?" "Those original players we miss you so much QQmoar come back plzzzzz"

I swear, Ive seen so many posts along those lines in Sanc forums for over half a year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Reminiscing helps me remember why I still fight and play this game despite how broken it is ;)

b:cry stop it... its making me sad and lose hope b:sad why do you have to keep bringing up the past - lets look forward to change and a new future
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't think some of the newer members of Nef had the feeling of intense TW vs Leg back in the days. Back when TW was fair and it wasn't a common thing for everyone to carry +10 weapons and lunar rings and all their other fancy accessories. Those were real fun times.

And a newcomer and a veteran are two entirely different people, are they not?

b:shutup Ok when you put it like this honey, I can agree with you.... but I guess the difference between you and me is that I adapt and realize with change comes new opportunity, I try to stay positive with the new way PWI has changed the game... NOT Nefarious...
    If it wasnt for Regicide, I wouldnt see any motivation to gear up and someday carry a +10 weapon.
    Herne I know where you are coming from... I guess I just want to hang on to my hope.
    I will go back to being quiet. Just gets tiring hearing everyone bash Nefarious...
    Keep it up Regi b:victory
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Probably, I never really liked change.. and a lot has changed since then. b:sad
  • arjo
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i don't know who you are b:surrender

and i agree with mini, WE NEED MORE TW, MORE KILLING AND MORE DYING!!!

TheHunter_ its long time tho since i was in nef...like....8 months or so....
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I remember playing about what 8 months and grinding for weeks straight to get from 86-89.. and lookie now, I got to 90 on my sin in 3 months b:shocked. Things are really different now. b:surrender

This thread has now become a thread of reminiscing.

Lol reminiscence is useless... Either quit like I did or deal with the ****ty system -.-.

I kind of get what you're trying to say tho... TW became a joke after Nef took the map and people CS'ed to +10 and Lvl 90+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Shandelneeb b:bye Well I've been dealing P:, Can't believe I even got a TB to 90 b:pleased.
  • _Sheh - Sanctuary
    _Sheh - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Ask yourself this.... After war

You should have just stopped there. Perfect World is a game. It isn't real life, nor should it be related in such. Territory wars are nothing like a real war. Please remember that. How often do you see 12yr old kids leading full squadrons of men into battlefields? Seriously, comparing the two is just silly. b:surrender
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Shandelneeb b:bye Well I've been dealing P:, Can't believe I even got a TB to 90 b:pleased.

Who are you?...

Hmm 3 guesses:

Ayano
    Mist
    Roz?...

Idk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Who are you?...

Hmm 3 guesses:

Ayano
    Mist
    Roz?...

Idk.

Miss Asia b:dirty my love b:kiss
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nah MagicPimp is ayano and I'm MEiDAY/misty b:cute.