Are barbs really getting this greedy?

Options
MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Even more lately, I've been finding it harder and harder to find a barb for anything.
Whether it be a Gamma, or a BH.
I can't get a Gamma squad going for a barb unless either the barb is completely fail, lies and isn't charmed, or thinks he's super great and needs to be given a free gold HP charm because people are desperate for a tank.
Same has gone for TT. Normally, barb gets an extra drop or two in the squads I was in before, to make up for repairs. But now, barbs have been demanding they get even more drops, or they get some kind of charm ahead of time.
Last, and not least, BH's. The past week or two, I've found it extremely difficult to get a barb for my BH. Sure, they may be on another run, or they're probably busy. I world chatted once for a barb for BH69, 50k wine split just like everyone else. No reply. World chatted again 5 minutes later saying free wine, and I'm flooded with whispers.
Are barbs really starting to get to the point where they are gods now, and must demand getting their way for everything?
I understand a barbs repair bill may be high, I have one myself, and hate high repair bills, yet I still pay for my wine splits, still go on RB's without demanding a charm, go on TT's without demanding extra drops, and do my BH's as if I were anyone else.
I'm sorry for this long rant, but honestly, its really getting irritating.

Have a nice day, everyone. <3
Post edited by MistaBwanden - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Unfortunately demand for barbs has skyrocketed since triple BHs seem to have encouraged noobish BMs to forego all tanking skill and the addition of two DD has affected the ratio of classes relative to one another.

This pretty much means they can get away with asking whatever they want as there simply aren't enough Barbs to meet demand. There will always be people desperate enough to pay and the loot system for TT has always been based on bribery to begin with.

Consider a Barb that's just asking for first pick a decent enough guy, he could probably get better...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Any half-decent BM should be able to tank BH69 with a competent cleric. No barb needed.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As a barb, I avoided FB69s with unknown clerics. One incapable cleric means mass charm loss and even death.

I used to lose more than I gain coin-wise in Gamma until I reach 83 or so and figured out how to Gamma with little to no charm tick. For most barbs, Gamma is a coin draining experience. I was so glad the day I leveled out of Gamma range.

Maybe some barbs just don't like TTs or prefer to run with friends? Or maybe they're all super rich like Warren and doesn't need to do TTs. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Inabikari - Raging Tide
    Inabikari - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Solution: find two venos and a cleric. Yaaaay.
    RIP Resolve. You guys still owe me TW pay. XD

Varden- <3 you all!
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Bh 69 is more about having a cleric who knows when to purify. Having enough life to survive just in case...and its pretty much a cake walk from there.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Actually finding barbs for me isn't really a problem on my server, but clerics on the other hand...

I swear it's like a lot of the times when I finally get a cleric for BH they say "I have to go..." or "my faction needs me sry..." like 10 -15 mins after getting an invite... getting a little annoying. -.- Too bad there's no class that can replace them. :/
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This pretty much means they can get away with asking whatever they want as there simply aren't enough Barbs to meet demand. There will always be people desperate enough to pay and the loot system for TT has always been based on bribery to begin with.

Consider a Barb that's just asking for first pick a decent enough guy, he could probably get better...

True. I am usually lucky to just get the Chientien Edge just because Barbarians always take the drums. I don't mind, their costs compared to mine for TT is far higher, so they deserve it. Still, in order for them to want to do it, you have to give them some incentive, same for Clerics in the case of TT. Were Clerics getting last pick because they were the lowest level in squad, they wouldn't bother coming, which is understandable.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Any half-decent BM should be able to tank BH69 with a competent cleric. No barb needed.

First: if you cant find a barb, then go find a BM. Even though you have to be extra carefull because BM's are not actually tanks, they work just as well. Or you could always find a veno with a hercb:sin.
    Second: The same goes for clerics. That meaning that you cant find one for your lifeb:surrender. Then when you do find one, like the barbs, they are either fail, want tons of stuff, or if your lucky they are nice clerics.

There's more than one way to do things, and coming here on the forums complaining (if your not, I am sorryb:surrender) isn't going to solve anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yes.

Now where's my ****ing plat charm? b:angryb:laugh
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I know a BM can tank BH69, but that's not the point.
    Like I said, its the barbs demanding free wine and whatnot.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Competent clerics are kinda rare though. (Well, pretty much competent players in general are rare, but besides the point). I've died before alot in my 8x on pole even with multiple clerics and 7k hp. Of course in this case the BM nearly always gets the blame for "failing" and the squad goes on from there to refuse to take anyone but a barb in future bh's.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yeah i agree with the cleric comment! they really need to be replaced!
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Playing both a high-level cleric and a high level barb, I can answer a little of this. there's a lot of reasons I've quit answering the call to BH's.

1. Sure I get exp and spirit from BH, but mostly it's a real PITA and burns up a lot of time.

2. The Cleric: Charm burn. On the cleric it's ripping through charms, using pots, AND they expect me to fork money for wine. I get little or no drops, and the only real benefit of clericing is a low repair bill.

3. The Barb: Pots and repairs. I'm taking all the damage, ripping through genie skills and pots making sure that no one else gets aggro.

4. in the end, no one really thanks you. They don't have any desire to compensate you for the expenses you just went through. STILL the want to make sure you fork it over for the wine.

5. Did I mention the expenses? Doing BH runs so far just lose me money, the exp isn't worth it until MUCH later.

6. NOOB squads. ZOMG!! yeah I'm gonna QQ a little. the endless BH's have brought a new reign of terror to PWI..... NOOBS EVERYWHERE!!! I actually got into a 39 squad today on an alt that thought they could do Trioc first, then Calcid, then Farren. After explaining to them how this wasn't going to work they were like, "okay 2 rons to do Trioc first, what's the big deal?" I responded, "about 45 minutes of my time because you don't know what you're doing", and left the squad. People are getting into their 80's, they haven't done a quest since level 42, and they have NO clue about how their character works. I mean really, when you're about to go demon, you should have a clue about how in-game mail works. Really guys.

Now I don't expect people to be giving out charms for stuff. I remember seeing someone in WC begging for a barb and offering a plat charm for a full finished run. I LOL'ed. I plan on doing Gamma though, just need to get my gear settled so I can tank it decently. Then I plan on doing hella gama runs for a while on my barb and maybe holding him at 85 for a while feeding genies. (could make a mint on genies toob:victory)

I will gladly to TT runs, on either my cleric or my barb, and enjoy the occasional FCC run as well when I have time. Lately though all the TT and FCC requests are asking for 90+ or 90-95. I don't understand the new level gapping on FCC runs, but hell, I've seen some 92 clerics that aren't as effective as I was doing FCC at 84. but then it's all about builds and experience. Some have one, Some have the other. Thankfully I have both.

Lately it's been harder to have free time to set aside for a 2-3 hour run, but gimmie a holler, either SylenThunder or Tiageos. (my barb)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The player base as a whole has deteriorated because of the high leveling pace. You get 8xers doing the sort of questions that people had at 3x some time ago. It's just more noticeable for barbs and clerics.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Competent clerics are kinda rare though. (Well, pretty much competent players in general are rare, but besides the point). I've died before alot in my 8x on pole even with multiple clerics and 7k hp. Of course in this case the BM nearly always gets the blame for "failing" and the squad goes on from there to refuse to take anyone but a barb in future bh's.

I agree that sometimes there are no competent players in the game, but just keep looking (or find a guild with good people). As for the "fail" comment, if this is the case why is it when the barb fails, they blame the cleric? If the barb wants to come in a squad, acting all bad, like their all that, then maybe the squad should say "If you die, you fail and you will be kicked from the squad." But that wouldn't happen, now would it.b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The player base as a whole has deteriorated because of the high leveling pace. You get 8xers doing the sort of questions that people had at 3x some time ago. It's just more noticeable for barbs and clerics.

Agree with you here.

I rarely do BH's on my barb, and when I do one I do it because I am squadding with people I know and trust. I don't ask for any special treatment, in fact I wined a great deal of my own bh69's and 79's.

I haven't seen much of these "gimme gimme" barbs, and any of my friends ingame know that if they ran into one of them, they could kick him from squad and invite me.

On my archer, I have encountered a two Barb, two cleric squad that party wiped 3 times... Tanks couldn't, or wouldn't hold aggro (they both wanted to tank in human form) and I'm not really sure what was going on with the clerics.

So yep, there's noobs all over due to the quick leveling of BH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Even more lately, I've been finding it harder and harder to find a barb for anything.
    I can't get a Gamma squad going for a barb unless either the barb is completely fail, lies and isn't charmed, or thinks he's super great and needs to be given a free gold HP charm because people are desperate for a tank.
    Same has gone for TT. Normally, barb gets an extra drop or two in the squads I was in before, to make up for repairs. But now, barbs have been demanding they get even more drops, or they get some kind of charm ahead of time.
    Last, and not least, BH's. The past week or two, I've found it extremely difficult to get a barb for my BH. Sure, they may be on another run, or they're probably busy. I world chatted once for a barb for BH69, 50k wine split just like everyone else. No reply. World chatted again 5 minutes later saying free wine, and I'm flooded with whispers.
    Are barbs really starting to get to the point where they are gods now, and must demand getting their way for everything?
    I understand a barbs repair bill may be high, I have one myself, and hate high repair bills, yet I still pay for my wine splits, still go on RB's without demanding a charm, go on TT's without demanding extra drops, and do my BH's as if I were anyone else.

this is true, for tthose who are on sanc, NEVER EVER EVER EVER party *removed*, they are prime examples of completely ndsahakjsd barbs who dont know how to use tiger skills ever... they aggro a ton of monsters on purpose... and whine and cry when they die.

just thought id give a warning. since the collection of sanctuary barbs are for the most part fail, i think im going on an archer break to make an HA class that can actually put up with accidents like these spawns from the cromagnon genepool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Simply kick if want free wine, if everyone did that they would be forced to.
    very few places a barb is actually "needed", maybe easyer with barb. but bm better if barb is completely shoot in the head.
    met alot barbs here when i play on my sin for bh in 8x. a LOT is like i have only example 70k, can i plz have free wine etc.. thats annoying as most clerics dont wanna have a bm tank for 69. im happy my sin soon is 90 so dont need it anymore... as 79/89 dont need them,can dam **** the noob barbs.

also annoying when the noob barbs do flesh every 10-15 sec only, and then blame the DD's for taking aggro ( yea thats weird right..) these barbs is getting more and more normal, seen very few good barbs in the 8x range, and i hope they will learn....
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1) With the onset of speed levelling, every class has been able to power-level through 1-90 with ease. They have no real idea of how to play their class because, unlike many of us who existed before BH, Hyper Stones and FC being nerfed into an EXP-only instance, they haven't had to.

2) With the onset of two new classes that are primarily DDs, there's a lack of balance between DD/healer/tank in the game.

Combining fact 1 with fact 2, we realise that new players "grow up" thinking only a barb can tank, only a cleric can heal, and everybody else can only DD. We also realise that, because of this incredibly limited idea of class roles, they don't actually know how to play their own class. They have no perception that doing too much damage will make you steal aggro. They have no idea that a cleric's necessary skills go beyond revive and IH.

PWI is suffering because the newer player base just has no idea of how to play. This in turn causes friction between the new player base and the old one - new players are anywhere between level 1 to level 99 and you can't trust levels to be an accurate idea of how long somebody has been playing the game anymore.

That level 99 cleric? Yeah, he could be the biggest noob this side of the planet and you would have no idea until you die. It used to be that if you saw a level 99 cleric, you could be pretty sure he knew what he was actually doing in any given situation, not just spamming IH figuring that's all he ever does.

That 99 barb? There's a chance he couldn't tank his way out of a wet paper bag.

All this friction between the new player base and the old one, combined with the complete inability to know how skilled or stupid somebody is before actually squadding with them, creates huge amounts of uncertainty, and unwillingness to squad with random people. Especially on the parts of clerics and barbs, who are more and more often being yelled at by the newer, stupid younger players who just don't have a clue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hell we tanked pole with two clerics and a HA veno yesterday. b:chuckle

Herc couldn't do it, and our tank dropped squad becuase the cleric went afk (neither ever did come back, just grabbed two clerics instead)

I ended up tanking pryo.

P.S. Yeah I got sick of hearing in my 70s "OMG what makes you think you can tank?" when I offered to tank bh59 -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Some of you guys got this elitist attitude. "He oracled, therefore he must be a noob at his class. I leveled up by grinding, therefore I must be pro." Pure BS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hell we tanked pole with two clerics and a HA veno yesterday. b:chuckle

Herc couldn't do it, and our tank dropped squad becuase the cleric went afk (neither ever did come back, just grabbed two clerics instead)

I ended up tanking pryo.

P.S. Yeah I got sick of hearing in my 70s "OMG what makes you think you can tank?" when I offered to tank bh59 -.-

LIKE A BOSS.

b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You would be correct if you mentioned "he oricled, therefor he/she must be a noob or have an alt that he/she wants to try out" other than that, yes thats what most people think because its mostly true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    back to the topic,
    hence why pple end up doing those with their faction/friend barbs. When you WC you tend to find pple that log around the same time (barbs included). when you do it ALOT like me then you tend to find the same group of pple joining. Once in a while you get lucky and find a semi-static. Ive been doing mine with half a set squad for a couple of months already with your current leader and director. (hope u got your roof done xaro/telli b:kiss)

**** yeah there are some sucky barbs out there. and they demand absurd stuff and ask for more than they are entitled too. But really, dont stoop down to their lvl and demand quick responses from the 'good' barbs out there. Nothing comes from being impatient, same as building a faction, and to find this ingame is longer and harder. When you are patient, only the good things are left over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yes, Deceptistar, that is the one thing I miss the most, patience. I remember waiting a month to get a squad together to do Krimson. The kids now are only happy if they can get it right now, and if it isn't right now they complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

I've neevr had a problem with barbs, honestly. Finding them, yes in some cases. But I haven't dealt with a greedy one as of yet. I do deal with ones that like to brag, though.

Saymor = super awesome barb and Airyll agrees :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorawrcious - Harshlands
    Vorawrcious - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't pay for wines. Not because im greedy, just because i wont spend all my money on wines and be completely broke. If someone needs a tank and wants to sponser me they are welcome to my drops.

I'm happy to do a BH69 unwined. The problem is, when i first turned 80 i tried several times to make unwined squad, and recieved not one response. I gave up tring. Now I just do WQ and look for no buy-in BHs and FB69's that need a tank.

I have other characters and have done different BH's in the past. One thing that annoyed me about the was it seems many players just use them to sell their wines. i was in a few where a certain player demanded you use his wines with 65k buyin, even when there was another player willing to use his wines for 50k. Whoever is willing to use wines for cheapest price shouel be the one that wines BH. Others wont lety you pay with wine mats. If you want to give you share in wine mats that should be acceptable unless a player just want to make money off his wines.

For those reason i just dont do wined BH's. i dont feeel like giving my money to some fool who runs around in circles all day hogging the mats.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Saymor = super awesome barb and Airyll agrees :D

I agree and second the statement.

The one thing that would make this awesome barb more awesome is if he would quit fallin' asleep on me when I could really do with an awesome barb.

... But maybe that's asking for a bit too much awesome. So I'll be content with what I have. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I agree and second the statement.

The one thing that would make this awesome barb more awesome is if he would quit fallin' asleep on me when I could really do with an awesome barb.

... But maybe that's asking for a bit too much awesome. So I'll be content with what I have. XD

I agree. He's awesome, lol. But he does fall asleep a lot Q_Q. He's still awesome anyways. x]

OHAI BTW.

I used to have people buying charms for me to help faction out, back when I was the only freaking active tank and needed everywhere, from the low FB19s done in less than 10 minutes to Krimson squads with outside clerics, and anything in between. And I still bought my own charms for Gamma runs, and some FC runs as well.

Let's just say I hated my 80's.

So I made my cleric, and at the rough same time, the people who were funding me in charms for faction uses have quit or stopped CSing. Right now, with the cleric at 74 and with my BM's 90 gear, I completely stopped buying charms. On the BM anyways... on my cleric if I keep up with gamma I actually might need to use HP charms until I hit 75.

Because I don't use MP charms on the cleric anyways. Apothecary items FTW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well when it comes to gamma I can see why you can't find a barb.

A gold HP charm on my server will cost me around 1mil. Not sure what it is on your server. Then that leaves the cost of perfect stones (Alpha male will tear through genie stamina in no time) and a repair bill, and potions. I spend all that money and I get back about 500k and (at my level) 40% xp. This is if everything goes smooth.

On the other hand, I can spend 600k roughly on 3 hyper XP stones and get an hour of x8 XP gain which, if I'm careful, is good for 3 frost runs. Make twice as much XP as I could through gamma PER RUN (remember these will last for 3 runs) and I can do frost UNCHARMED. So for each run I spend 200k on the hyper, around 200k on repairs, and maybe 50k on apothecary items and make twice as much XP. Simply put, there is no reason for me to run gamma, why would I when I can easily get much more xp much faster and cheaper through frost?

Also, something that bugs me, is why is it people blame all this on oracles and bounty hunter and frost? Everyone claims that before when they had to grind for levels they learned to play their class which, to me, is pure BS. I played before frost was revamped and before bounty hunter released, back when an oracle was nothing more than a lucky drop for a quick 0.5% And, beleive me, there were people who couldn't play their class back then.

I can say I've learned a lot more about playing as a barb by doing frost than I would by killing the same monster over and over, the same way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
This discussion has been closed.