Are barbs really getting this greedy?

Comments

• RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    99% of oracle users are failures. They're bad bad apples.

Do you just automatically assume that a horrible player is an oracler? They could have just been non-oraclers that didn't want or too stupid to learn how to play in squads. I've been playing since Nov. of 2008 and there were many players who didn't know how play their class back then. Now that oracles came out in masses, people just assume someone was a oraclers when it comes to bad players. Or do you actually pm a failure of a player when you see one and try to find out if he/she oracled to leveled up?

If I could, I'd like to power level too. PvE is not rocket science. PWI isn't made for Einsteins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Boozer - Lost City
    Boozer - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You might get greedy as barb because you can and people let you get away with it lol

Why should a barb pay 60-70k for BH69 when there are people who will let him join party without any fee at all?

Why should a barb run HH and not pick the most costly mat when the party lets him book what ever he wants, since they need tank?

I never had any problems paying my share for 69 wines of course, but in so many cases i could just wait a few minutes and there would be a party where i didn't have to pay at all since they where desperate for a tank.

It doesn't cost that much to tank fb69 really tho if the cleric is decent, it doesn't cost that much to tank most HHs either. Barbs that's claim its really costly either have hp/mp charm on always or they have a terrible build and gear.

Pretty sure any instance costs far more for the cleric than it does for me.

People really need to learn do to instances without barbs, that way barbs cant behave like greedy idiots. Just look at bh79 that pretty much any class can tank, never heard any barb saying "i will only come bh79 if i don't have to pay fee" b:chuckle
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Normally, I'd give my share to the cleric in TT and only ask for maybe 20-50k per player for repairs when I'm tanking uncharmed. Actually, most of TT can be tanked without a charm. Can't say for 3-2 and 3-3 since I haven't gone in there. Gamma could be tanked uncharmed also if you have a cleric that can heal you during last boss (that would mean the barb profiting instead of losing coins). Tried FCC uncharmed and it wasn't hard. And this is coming from a barb with less HP than most at my level. You just gotta try and see what works.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Do you just automatically assume that a horrible player is an oracler?

Nope.

I assume a fail player is a fail player. They could have used oracles, Hyper EXP, power levelling to get to where they are, or they just generally suck.

I assume somebody who has abused oracles more likely to be a fail player than those who have not, but this doesn't mean I label every fail player I see as being an oracle noob. Similarly, I do not label every oracle abuser I see as being somebody who can't play their class, because I know better.

Get the general idea now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boozer - Lost City
    Boozer - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I never use HP charm. I do Frost, Fbs, Lunar Glade and all TTs without. Its not hard since you have a thing called genie and a skill called invoke. For 86+ rebirth i do need to put on a silver charm for wave 9 and last boss.

There is no boss in TT you actually need a charm for if you have decent clerics. Dont need for Wulord, Ape and don't need for Ancient Evil that in most cases is tanked by archers anyway.

If you run 3-2 and 3-3 you wont even tank most the bosses, archers or herc tanks so why use charm O_O

Only 2 bosses you need barb for in TT99 and they can also be tanked un charmed if you have good clerics. If clerics sucks than you need charm for last boss in 3-3 i guess b:surrender.

If you're very active in pvp you might need to have hp charm on for that reason. But if not, no fking clue why barbs use hp charms in pve and cries when it ticks and blames the clerics and cries more and want the best drops in TT O_O

Its all a big conspiracy b:avoid
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    PWI is not hard. Give the oracle users some time and they will learn. It's just like when I started Gamma and had no clue what to do. After a few runs, it became easy. When it comes down to it, it's about the individual and not oracles and whatnot. A semi-intelligent person will learn how to play their class regardless if they used oracles and whatever it is they use to power level. And instead of bashing them, maybe you could tell them what they did wrong and hope they improve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I never use HP charm. I do Frost, Fbs, Lunar Glade and all TTs without. Its not hard since you have a thing called genie and a skill called invoke. For 86+ rebirth i do need to put on a silver charm for wave 9 and last boss.

There is no boss in TT you actually need a charm for if you have decent clerics. Dont need for Wulord, Ape and don't need for Ancient Evil that in most cases is tanked by archers anyway.

If you run 3-2 and 3-3 you wont even tank most the bosses, archers or herc tanks so why use charm O_O

Only 2 bosses you need barb for in TT99 and they can also be tanked un charmed if you have good clerics. If clerics sucks than you need charm for last boss in 3-3 i guess b:surrender.

If you're very active in pvp you might need to have hp charm on for that reason. But if not, no fking clue why barbs use hp charms in pve and cries when it ticks and blames the clerics and cries more and want the best drops in TT O_O

Its all a big conspiracy b:avoid
    This.

I don't see why people veiw charms as necessary these days. The ONLY thing I have ever needed one for is PvP.

If I can tank frost uncharmed at 78 then I see no reason why people think it's necessary for everything.

I think the reason barbs are considered "greedy" is because people allow it. I never asked for anything but people have offered to buy me stuff to get me to tank something.

Yesterday someone offered to buy me 3 hypers if I tanked frost for him, which of course I accepted, because there's no way I'm going to say no to 3 free hypers. Now this doesn't mean I'm going to demand hyper xp stones everytime I do frost, but now other people might be like "Hey he got hypers I want hypers if I'm going to tank!"

Like HH. I do HH uncharmed and don't spend too much. It is more than most people spend IMO, but not significantly more. But I still take the first pick, why? Because people offer it to me, and I know that I can say, "Alright we're gonna do drops tank>cleric>dds, everyone cool with that?" And everyone will agree.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2010

I think the reason barbs are considered "greedy" is because people allow it.

How do people allow it? We don't tell the barbs to go around and act like Gods and demand all these things otherwise they wont go.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How do people allow it? We don't tell the barbs to go around and act like Gods and demand all these things otherwise they wont go.

You allow it by squading them or Paying them.

If you get an **** of a barb like me ;)... just get another... If they continue asking for money or charms, yet nobody agrees to pay & doesnt squad them anymore... They will have to reconsider their strategy if they care about getting their bhs/fccs/rbs done... They can't exactly solo them either...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You might not, but other people are. Once barbs realize people will give them these things to tank for their group, some of them will start to demand it.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i think im rather competent ^.^ and i did bh in 69 with bm tank quite a lot (and few times with a sin too). but i asked for one more cleric for that. barb just has more hp, giving me bigger safety margin... my bm friend said they did it with only one cleric just had to cancel a lot and have maxed marrow... i didnt blame 'my' bms i tried to solo heal then and i wont do it now, maybe it was me who was that half a second too late with puri and not them with whatever skill they used, idk, absolutely possible, anyway in my 80s i never managed to solo heal bm for pole: after 3 tries i just gave up and decided i cant do it :( with 2 clerics - 5,5k hp is enough, other cleric spammed ih, i purified, ih and even had time to aoe heal squad.

Part of the old school days of competent, is knowing the basics of other classes' skills, and also the cycle of the monsters.

Knowing the most used skills of the classes, let's you know what they are doing and what conditions they are set up for. Also let's you see who is likely to drop aggro, and where it might go. Or if it is bat **** crazy, when to BB.

Most monsters have a cycle of 10 secs between casts, which is why many barbs lvl their interrupt to allow them to spam it on recharge after the first successful cancel. While some bosses have a different number of animation attacks in between, they generally keep to set patterns. By watching this, you can figure out how much time you have.

This is useful for BH69, in that you can double cast a couple times for max healing effect, and then slow down/stop, when the cast is about to happen. If it is just slow or no major effect, back to healing cycle. If it is debuff, you are set to cast Purify right away without being caught in an IB cast.

So there is things the healers can learn to be better, the thrust of many posts is that they don't have incentive with the fast learning and don't bother. All I know is, my lvl 4X cleric was able to heal my 0 vit BM during their BH. The only snag, came at the end when the cleric died under one of the AoEs because Purify was under-leveled and didn't have enough range. Until then, plenty of healing and Purified twice when needed. So if a cleric can't beat a 4X cleric who is only partially paying attention, something be wrong.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
    edited March 2010
    You might not, but other people are. Once barbs realize people will give them these things to tank for their group, some of them will start to demand it.

And now by some, its a lot are doing it.
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Just wanted to add this to the part about noobs who are lvling faster than they need to.
    Had a lvl 6x barb ask what DD meant in bh 51 last night.
    Nuff said.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    **** the barbs, I can tank Manta.b:cool
  • Bauku - Heavens Tear
    Bauku - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    speaking as a seasoned barb.....

I would say that most barbs are tired of running dungeons ALL DAY LONG. if I log on.....I guarantee you won't get me into TT. just the thought of running my 1,347,438,754,376 TT turns my stomach. why do you all expect a barb to drop his quests for the day to help out on things that he doesn't really benefit from? sure....I used to like to help from time to time....then....it became EXPECTED, and was DEMANDED that the barbs forget what they wanted to do to go and do what others wanted them to do.

I don't think they are getting greedy.......I think they are getting sick and tired.
  • Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear
    Coyote_Wise - Heavens Tear Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I won't do BH's period. I take way too much damage to my armor and never seem to get enough drops to cover costs. One week of doing BHs just for my guild cost me a million coins; I said to hell with it after that.
    edited March 2010
    I won't do BH's period. I take way too much damage to my armor and never seem to get enough drops to cover costs. One week of doing BHs just for my guild cost me a million coins; I said to hell with it after that.

You should have known barbs have high repair costs anyways. :P
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Something's not right.

I'm a tank BM a lot of the times, and repairing my refined 90 gear doesn't cost me 1mil a week of running BH. And that's with me soloing some part of the instances (51-59), and fully soloing 29.

My current repair bill is 48k. That's with running 4 or 5 BH29 and well over 3 BH59s in the past 3 days or so. My previous one was 105k, but on that I grinded a good hour and ran a 39 or two, on top of the BH59 I run often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Something's not right.

I'm a tank BM a lot of the times, and repairing my refined 90 gear doesn't cost me 1mil a week of running BH. And that's with me soloing some part of the instances (51-59), and fully soloing 29.

My current repair bill is 48k. That's with running 4 or 5 BH29 and well over 3 BH59s in the past 3 days or so. My previous one was 105k, but on that I grinded a good hour and ran a 39 or two, on top of the BH59 I run often.

Yea, barbs have higher repair cost then other classes... but half of whats been posted on the fourm about repair cost is pure bs. Cleric's mp cost will almost always be higher then barb's repair cost. The only problem is that the mp cost is hidden... its a lot harder to total up the pots used then to look at a number when repairing at end of day.
    If i ever hear a barb complain about repair cost for a run... then don't expect me to zhen. 1 minute of my zhen will cost more then whatever repair cost the barb will have.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    It isn't. I run BHs daily and my repair is nowhere near that high.
    In my opinion, clerics should get the first pick of TT loots.
    Their charm cost is way higher than a barbs. And barbs, unless your charm ticks constantly with a cleric healing you, don't even cry about it.

Being barb does have it's down sides. Sometimes the loot I get from grinding is less than my repair cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    There aren't that many new people playing...
    Some may act as if they are, but most are just alts of people already in the game.

The people you complain about, the ones that suck so badly and are syubborn know it all people who **** up all the time... They are you're alts..

They're noobs, yes, but not new at all.
    They are you guys.

b:bye
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • saphire1960
    saphire1960 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:shocked i had a barb say he deserves to be compensated for a delta run cause his charm ticks too much. -.-; and he barely roared or alpha maled the whole run. he was talking about how he got paid charms and stuff before. so rediculous. then he said well when you need a barb to tank dont come to me and i said who cares i can tank myself xD he then said that archers and wizards had to be really incompetent for a bm to tank
    Race: Elf
    Class: Bard
    Name: (you will see)
    edited March 2010
    I do agree.
    Running through pots/mp food goes by quite quick.
  • Ariesse - Dreamweaver
    Ariesse - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It's funny how this type of thread eventually shows up in every MMO forum.

Good tanks are underappreciated, while mediocre and new tanks get ripped to shreds for minor mistakes. Eventually, any player resembling a decent tank gets sick of the abuse and retreats to their friends and faction or they reroll. Only greedy, fail tanks can survive the toxic environments that random groups usually offer.

It takes a special temperment to put up with random players. You either need the patience of a saint or the self-absorbed selfishness of a sociopath.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:shocked i had a barb say he deserves to be compensated for a delta run cause his charm ticks too much. -.-; and he barely roared or alpha maled the whole run. he was talking about how he got paid charms and stuff before. so rediculous. then he said well when you need a barb to tank dont come to me and i said who cares i can tank myself xD he then said that archers and wizards had to be really incompetent for a bm to tank

If he's not doing his job on top of QQing because of the charm ticks... well damn.

I've had some tanks having legit QQs about their charms - where clerics were simply not doing anything because said tanks were charmed and it was a waste of their charm to heal... when they need heals. Or just plain not knowing a cleric's role.

I was charmed for a good while - they do get expensive, I'll admit. RB gets expensive. At a point where I'd ask compensation? No way. It's my class, I deal with the costs myself. Don't like it? Reroll to something else. Eventually people find out each and every class has its costs, ranging from veno pet skills, any mage pots, and any melee's repair bills, archer arrows, etc.

If you're paying massive repair bills after teaming up in squads, something's not right unless it's a high instance where you ARE being banged on the whole time. The more time you spend getting banged on, the higher your repairs are gonna be. If you spend 3+ hours in an instance where you're supposed to be an hour at most, and you've been fighting...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
    edited March 2010
    Exactly.
    Can't stand your repair bill?
    Re-roll.
    Don't ask for compensation.
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:angry why must assassin have to pay the wines fee
    they can go stealth mode and toodoo the mobs
    edited March 2010
    b:angry why must assassin have to pay the wines fee
    they can go stealth mode and toodoo the mobs

Please tell me that's a joke.
    If anything, with how many fail sins are out there, those ones should pay more for the amount of party wipes that they cause.
    >_>
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    this is true, for tthose who are on sanc, NEVER EVER EVER EVER party *removed*, they are prime examples of completely ndsahakjsd barbs who dont know how to use tiger skills ever... they aggro a ton of monsters on purpose... and whine and cry when they die.

just thought id give a warning. since the collection of sanctuary barbs are for the most part fail, i think im going on an archer break to make an HA class that can actually put up with accidents like these spawns from the cromagnon genepool.

I know a lot of good Barbs who don't do this and it was good Barb who got the sqd I was in through our 3x20 69.I just bb it as it was out strategy to pull the mobs to me all being wood.It worked out really well.there are a lot of good Barbs on Sanc. just tell them I could use sp charm if you could supply me with one or if you ever need cleric.Barbs need Clercs as much as we need them more so us as as we can go with BM and a Veno.

I did go through a lot of large mp ots on that 3x20 close to 80 or so.The best solution is to get good barbs on your friends list which I need more of.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yea, barbs have higher repair cost then other classes... but half of whats been posted on the fourm about repair cost is pure bs. Cleric's mp cost will almost always be higher then barb's repair cost. The only problem is that the mp cost is hidden... its a lot harder to total up the pots used then to look at a number when repairing at end of day.
    If i ever hear a barb complain about repair cost for a run... then don't expect me to zhen. 1 minute of my zhen will cost more then whatever repair cost the barb will have.

People have no idea how true that is. A majority agrees that clerics are costly also because of the mp consumption, but how many actually knows how much mp a level 10 Barrage of Arrows uses?

For Zhenning set up:
    Clerics BB uses Use 500 mana every 5 seconds (6000 mp/min)
    Archers lvl 10 Barrage: 540 mana every 3 seconds (10800 mp/min)

And because an archer my level has only about 2100+ mp, we have to use a mp food every time our mp bar dips to 1000 to sustain it continuously. For a cleric, since they have a larger mp bar, they don't have to click on a mp food as often as an archer does. Still, I don't find it to be a big deal at all.

I've tanked high level TTs and BH uncharmed just to see what the costs are, and from what I found the repair cost isn't even that significant, not even close to 100k - and I'm wearing light armor taking more melee damage. A FCC run cost me alot more with the mp pots/herbs/stamina for cloud eruption. I don't see why barbs should make such a big fuss about it. I've never come across other classes that does. Every class has their cost. Even venos with hercs/nics - they paid for it in advance :)

So if you come across a jerk who demands compensation for their cost, just don't squad with them and find someone else who can. It's like to be some immature and inconsiderate kid, so why deal with them and allow them to ruin your good time in the game. It's not like they are the only ones who can tank. A tank is usually the one who can do it with the least amount of cost and the least amount of risk.
This discussion has been closed.