Are barbs really getting this greedy?

Options

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    We're on the same server? Contact me in-game, see how short I can make a BH59 without even having a cleric around me until we hit bosses. I'm serious too.

Doesn't require a competent barb to get the job done right, it requires competent people.

And we can compare repair costs as well.

Darn to bad I can't see this as being on Sanc. is this wined or not.I would say a Herc Veno would have no problem either.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Darn to bad I can't see this as being on Sanc. is this wined or not.I would say a Herc Veno would have no problem either.

Unwined. I can't fully solo the bosses due to them having magic attacks, and my mdef sucks... and I don't have event food anymore x[. But it's relatively easy, it's a matter of stunning and AOEing (bosses don't stun, and I'm axe-only - can't cancel channeling). Any BM with decent HP, high axe skills and brains could pull it off. Pull the runners, or pull them in a position where you can stun them and AOE them. As for the rest... whatever doesn't run around can be AOEed.

Never complained about repairs bills. I mention them, yeah ("ugh, 105k repair bill, QQ") but I'll suck it up.

I feel like running a BH59 now... just to see the repair bill I get after.

EDIT: And yeah. A veno with a herc can solo it as well. One guy in my faction does it a lot, actually prefers it to running with full squads because we seem to be idiot bait (you can ask Airyll for that, she teams up a lot with me, and the amount of fail people we get is insane...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Unwined. I can't fully solo the bosses due to them having magic attacks, and my mdef sucks... and I don't have event food anymore x[. But it's relatively easy, it's a matter of stunning and AOEing (bosses don't stun, and I'm axe-only - can't cancel channeling). Any BM with decent HP, high axe skills and brains could pull it off. Pull the runners, or pull them in a position where you can stun them and AOE them. As for the rest... whatever doesn't run around can be AOEed.

Never complained about repairs bills. I mention them, yeah ("ugh, 105k repair bill, QQ") but I'll suck it up.

I feel like running a BH59 now... just to see the repair bill I get after.

EDIT: And yeah. A veno with a herc can solo it as well. One guy in my faction does it a lot, actually prefers it to running with full squads because we seem to be idiot bait (you can ask Airyll for that, she teams up a lot with me, and the amount of fail people we get is insane...)

Lemme know what that repair bill is.
    I'll send my barb on one and we can compare.
  • AltairII - Sanctuary
    AltairII - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My main char now is a Sin and I can tank well for my level. If I want an item made I ask for help in my faction. If I want lots of stuff i save my money and buy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    13 pages? b:shocked damn yall just argue till you drop huh xD
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My main char now is a Sin and I can tank well for my level. If I want an item made I ask for help in my faction. If I want lots of stuff i save my money and buy it.

Where did a sin come into play?
    You're squishy.
    Go tank a world boss for me and then come back here.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This is the biggest bullcrap I have heard in a long time.

70% or more of my BH runs across my veno and my archer were run better, smoother and faster by competent BM/Herc-veno tanks, who were also willing to pay any and all fees if there was one.
    Many runs that I go on with barbs, as of late, have been nothing short of bad runs, with incompetent barbs who think they're all this because they can tank.

No. If you want an easy run, you need a competent tank. You barbs aren't that special that only you make a run easy. And as of late, and this is my own personal opinion and not a fact, but, the BMs I squad with do a barb's job better than the barbs do.

Oh, and no, I won't give you any of your wine free. Why?
    Because if a BM tanks, he ends up with the same repair cost you do. Would he want a reduced fee because he's tanking in the place of barbs who want cheaper cost? No.

As has been said. You are not that special. It's great when you get given free wines, but unless you are a good friend on my friends list, you can expect to pay like everybody else, and pay the same amount.

I don't care about the incompetent barbs you find. I'm not one of them and my runs are smooth as can be. That's why I get discounts, and that's why everyone asks me to tank. I couldn't care less about your QQing about bad luck finding barbs. You find a competent barb the runs is smother then any other run period end of story.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't care about the incompetent barbs you find. I'm not one of them and my runs are smooth as can be. That's why I get discounts, and that's why everyone asks me to tank. I couldn't care less about your QQing about bad luck finding barbs. You find a competent barb the runs is smother then any other run period end of story.

No, people ask you to tank simply because you're a barb. :)
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No, people ask you to tank simply because you're a barb. :)

If I was so fail they certainly wouldn't keep asking me and giving me a discount...
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Good for you, I'm glad you're a good tank.

My point still stands.

Competent barbs are not so special that they are the only tanking class that make a run smoother than any other. Many of my runs go perfectly smooth with competent BMs. Wizards. Archers. As I just said, you as a barbarian are not that special and this is the beginnings of the elitist attitude that cause this problem. The idea that you, and only you, can make a run smooth.

News flash: no, you make a run just as smooth as a competent BM does. Your run does not go smoother. Sorry to break it to you and your "specialness" but your logic is flawed if you think only a barb can make the smoothest run possible.

And there we have it folks. Traz's "Only barbs make your run as smooth as possible" attitude is the attitude that later breeds "I'm a barb, I'm better than you, because I tank your bosses" attitudes and causes this fiasco in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dmaster - Heavens Tear
    Dmaster - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    People should be less stubborn, and complain less,
    instead of complaining about barb's all the time,try give a suggestion that will improve barb shortage.

i think extra 15k is small price to pay to start BH faster, finish BH faster and safer.

just a tip to improve the situasion.
    pay extra 15k for barb -> make barbs life easier -> more barb will be in game -> more barb to help you later in dungeons that do require a barb -> all happy. b:pleased
    think of it as a investment in the future.

telling barb to reroll/blacklist/blame will not make the situation better.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    People should be less stubborn, and complain less,
    instead of complaining about barb's all the time,try give a suggestion that will improve barb shortage.

i think extra 15k is small price to pay to start BH faster, finish BH faster and safer.

just a tip to improve the situasion.
    pay extra 15k for barb -> make barbs life easier -> more barb will be in game -> more barb to help you later in dungeons that do require a barb -> all happy. b:pleased
    think of it as a investment in the future.

telling barb to reroll/blacklist/blame will not make the situation better.

No, because we should not have to pay you to do your job.

And if we do, then you can start paying archers 5k for their arrows, clerics 15k to help their MP costs, BMs a little bit in case they tank a little to ease the pressure on barbs, etc. etc.

No no no. Why should people pay you to do what you're supposed to do? You rolled a barb to be a tank, didn't you? Then do your job. I don't tell people that they should pay me money to buy arrows, or pay me in arrows, for me to do my job and be a damage dealer. Why should people pay you 15k so you can do what you're meant to be doing anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think on the FB bosses, I can tank better than many traditional barbs. Helps when you can deal 120K damage to the FB99 bosses per second I suppose. And repair costs are pretty non-existant when the boss dies in under 30 secs.

Gotta love doing dual-fist BM FB runs :) DDs can pretty much go all out and never have to worry about grabbing aggro. If a barb wants special priority for making a run take longer, **** em.

Course we also have one of the best barbs I've ever seen for aggro management on Sanc server, so can easily go either way. Now if we could just lure Swaze into the faction and get a high level bloodpaint..... :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Dmaster - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No no no. Why should people pay you to do what you're supposed to do? You rolled a barb to be a tank, didn't you? Then do your job.
    Yup, and i do tank, i am doing the job im supposed to do.
    will i tank for random people and spend 70k+ every day?, nope,not gonna happen. cant afford it.

like i said, blaming barb's will not make the situation better for the general public,
    plz give a suggestion that will improve the lack of barbs.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    will i tank for random people and spend 70k+ every day?, nope,not gonna happen. cant afford it.

like i said, blaming barb's will not make the situation better for the general public,

Can we maybe start with proper grammar?

You expect us to pay you to tank?
    Alright, well, like how Airyll said, how about you pay me damn MP food/pots cost?
    I run through so much holding your **** alive.
    :)
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options

We are not blaming all the barbs.

We are blaming barbs like you who honestly think that you and only you should be paid for doing the job you are supposed to do, and rolled that specific class to do.

News flash: you and that kind of attitude you come here with, acting like it's some kind of a good suggestion, are the people we are blaming. Now, you can either do your job like you're supposed to, just like I'm supposed to fire arrows at the boss to kill it faster, or you can reroll. Because you should not have to be paid to do what you're meant to do.

Or, this is how it will work. I pay you an extra 15k. I then don't attack anything, at all, because why should I waste my arrows on bosses you want us to pay you to tank? No. If you want me to pay you 15k to do your job, you can pay me 5k for my arrows, then I'll do my job.
    And if you won't pay me to do my job yet expect me to pay you to do yours, you can expect your BHs and FBs to take an assload longer because I won't fire on single arrow at the mobs and bosses in them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    Wolfssohn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,535 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hmm...While readin' what ya all wrote I kinda get the feelin' that some/most of the barbs think they're god(like). Anyways it is definetly NOT necessary to pay anything to a barb for BHs etc. ...let 'em just pay the normal price. (Sure...it would be nice if ya give us some extra money, but...that's your decision if you do or not, not the barb's.) And if ya can't find a barb who'd tank for normal price, just find someone else (another race) who is able to tank it...or find out how non-barbs can tank it. It is not impossible...and ya can laugh about all barbs who don't get any BH done, 'cause they want to get paid for it^^ Its kinda embarrassing beein' a barb and seein' some of 'em sayin' "QQ I won't tank anythin' without gettin' paid, 'cause I'm a tank and you need me and my repair bill is way higher than others..." (I know...noone said exactly what i wrote here...but I hope ya get what I mean -.-")
    Shame on you barbs who force others to pay you!

(Sry for bad grammar and other (spellin'-) mistakes))
  • Dmaster - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i never said im the only one that can tank, i am not complaining about my expenses.

no, i dont expect you to pay me.
    but dont expect for me to tank for you and spend 70k.

im perfectly fine with not doing BH and do other things, i really dont care if you will do your BH or not.
    are the people fine to afk some time near BH npc instead of paying extra 15k?

i dont get why there is such hostility,
    it is everyone choice to pay or not to pay, it is my choice to tank or not to tank.
    noone is forcing anyone.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i never said im the only one that can tank, i am not complaining about my expenses.

im perfectly fine with not doing BH and do other things, i really dont care if you will do your BH or not.

it is everyone choice to pay or not to pay, it is my choice to tank or not to tank.
    noone is forcing anyone.

No, but you imply that we should have to pay you for your services otherwise you will not tank. This is the attitude that we are blaming because it is a greedy attitude.

You do not see archers telling you to pay them some extra money for their arrows otherwise they aren't going to turn bosses into pincushions. When a BM tanks, I have never - ever - heard them asking for an "extra 15k" because they tank.

You barbs are not special. If you're fine without doing BH, good, because I know plenty of people with the sense to go and get somebody better than you if you say we should pay you an extra 15k.

Also, since when were wine costs 70k? In fact...
    At level 7x you're doing BH59 anyway, no wine costs needed. Better yet, magic users can tank BH59. Seriously, what's your issue?

You do not deserve to have people give you an extra 15k just for you to tank. If you think that, I will go and find either another barb who understands his job and that no, you don't have to pay him for it, or another class entirely, who can tank just as well as you, will have the same repairs because they tanked, and won't whine about it.

[And just in case you forgot, no, we aren't blaming all barbs. We're blaming barbs like you who act like you are entitled to free wine, or cash from other players, to tank, even though you rolled a barb fully aware of the repair costs you would get from tanking. It's nothing short of a scam and I'll be damned if I pay you to do your job, yet you won't pay me.]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shredclaw - Sanctuary
    Shredclaw - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    In my day, I solo healed my fist/axe bm friend with 5 vit for polearm. And we walked uphill there AND BACK. In the snow. With NO shoes. And we were HAPPY to get our BH done.

You sound like my biology teacher xD
    I used to wonder why I would have these scary dreams every month. About the wolf, who kept running through town. And as I wondered, I also thought about how I couldn't remember having those dreams before being bitten by this very big dog...

But now I know the truth.
    And I am not afraid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

noone is forcing anyone.

Easy to fix your repair cost. Buy event gear helm, boots, robe, have rank equipment and your repair cost will be 1coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why should people pay you to do what you're supposed to do?
    Because YOU are the one who needs the barb. YOU want your bhs/tt/rbs done. YOU want to lvl. YOU need a barb. & YOU are impatient & unwilling to wait for a "nice" barb to come along.

A barb doesn't have to come with u if he doesn't want. Maybe he's short on money, maybe he's just cheap, w/e. So he says I'll come do it for free booze. Ok... don't wanna pay for him? Don't take him. However, when u just QQ & then take him, that's YOUR fault. You permit & encourage this kind of behaviour. They see you are desperate, & they use this opportunity to save em some$.

Can't find a tank for w/e? Go do smth else meanwhile... till a "nice" tank comes online that's not gona demand free runs. b:bye

I've had soo many cases of wasting up to 10 teles to find a bh squad but then having to disband it cause we are unable to find a tank or cleric & just have to try it again.I'm lucky that I'm a barb & cleric, while my wife is barb/veno/archer. So for us it works out most of the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Because YOU are the one who needs the barb. YOU want your bhs/tt/rbs done. YOU want to lvl. YOU need a barb. & YOU are impatient & unwilling to wait for a "nice" barb to come along.

A barb doesn't have to come with u if he doesn't want. Maybe he's short on money, maybe he's just cheap, w/e. So he says I'll come do it for free booze. Ok... don't wanna pay for him? Don't take him. However, when u just QQ & then take him, that's YOUR fault. You permit & encourage this kind of behaviour. They see you are desperate, & they use this opportunity to save em some$.

Can't find a tank for w/e? Go do smth else meanwhile... till a "nice" tank comes online that's not gona demand free runs. b:bye

Every coins has 2 sides. Without barb leveling will be slower. BUT barb also need us for leveling. He cannot do instances alone also. Every1 depend on each other. And if he go with just cleric. Killing boss take forever and his repair cost rise exponentially with time of killing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Every coins has 2 sides. Without barb leveling will be slower. BUT barb also need us for leveling. He cannot do instances alone also. Every1 depend on each other. And if he go with just cleric. Killing boss take forever and his repair cost rise exponentially with time of killing.

That's what I mean. We depend a lot on each other. However in those cases "you need the barb" while "barb doesn't need u"; they see this & start demanding **** cause "you got no other choice", when you always got an option of doing smth else. I say BOTH sides are at fault here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That's what I mean. We depend a lot on each other. However in those cases "you need the barb" while "barb doesn't need u"; they see this & start demanding **** cause "you got no other choice", when you always got an option of doing smth else. I say BOTH sides are at fault here.

Only problem with that is... you don't actually NEED a barb. A competent BM can do just as well against bosses that are primarily melee. For bosses that are primarily casters or ranged, pretty much anyone can handle those (See: FB59 as a primary example). So why on earth would we want to pay a barb for doing their job when not only are they not all that special, but on top of that they don't go around paying other lasses for doing the roles assigned to said classes?
  • Dmaster - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No, but you imply that we should have to pay you for your services otherwise you will not tank. This is the attitude that we are blaming because it is a greedy attitude.

You do not see archers telling you to pay them some extra money for their arrows otherwise they aren't going to turn bosses into pincushions. When a BM tanks, I have never - ever - heard them asking for an "extra 15k" because they tank.

You barbs are not special. If you're fine without doing BH, good, because I know plenty of people with the sense to go and get somebody better than you if you say we should pay you an extra 15k.

Also, since when were wine costs 70k? In fact...
    At level 7x you're doing BH59 anyway, no wine costs needed. Better yet, magic users can tank BH59. Seriously, what's your issue?

You do not deserve to have people give you an extra 15k just for you to tank. If you think that, I will go and find either another barb who understands his job and that no, you don't have to pay him for it, or another class entirely, who can tank just as well as you, will have the same repairs because they tanked, and won't whine about it.

[And just in case you forgot, no, we aren't blaming all barbs. We're blaming barbs like you who act like you are entitled to free wine, or cash from other players, to tank, even though you rolled a barb fully aware of the repair costs you would get from tanking. It's nothing short of a scam and I'll be damned if I pay you to do your job, yet you won't pay me.]

You are the one that imply things that are not true.
    I am talking about only, and only wined BH's.
    i have never asked the squad to pay me for my repairs, that 15k i talked about will not go to my pocket, but for the wines.
    i dont know about you, but for me killing the same boss for the 100th time while so my money getting drained, that is not what i consider fun.

and again, you imply things about BH's in the other areas of the game, which are wrong.
    will i do BH if it cost me 70k? no
    will i do BH if it doesnt cost me? yes
    will i tank quest boss? yes, and will not ask for repair fee
    will i tank in FF? yes, and will not ask for repair fee
    will i tank in TT? yes, and will not ask for repair fee, and will not demand first pick like some barb you consider "not-greedy", we do even coins split from TT.

you are the one that want to force everyone to play the way you like it, you are the one that imply things that are wrong.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i have never asked the squad to pay me for my repairs, that 15k i talked about will not go to my pocket, but for the wines.
    i dont know about you, but for me killing the same boss for the 100th time while so my money getting drained, that is not what i consider fun.

and again, you imply things about BH's in the other areas of the game, which are wrong.
    will i do BH if it cost me 70k? no
    will i do BH if it doesnt cost me? yes
    will i tank quest boss? yes, and will not ask for repair fee
    will i tank in FF? yes, and will not ask for repair fee
    will i tank in TT? yes, and will not ask for repair fee, and will not demand first pick like some barb you consider "not-greedy", we do even coins split from TT.

you are the one that want to force everyone to play the way you like it, you are the one that imply things that are wrong.

-facepalm-
    Please read your previous post before you try this again.
    kthnxbaii
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

I've never asked people to pay more because I'm tanking something I don't need.

I've been tanking BH59 since my 70's. I'm 91. I've gone through 2 characters beside my BM who needed/needs BH59. That's on top of all the 59's I've tanked throughout my 70's and early 80's on another BM on another server (had a 81 BM on HT, quit it about a year ago), and this one, throughout my 70's, 80's, and my 90's if I keep at it. At 1 to 5 bosses a run... throughout 4 characters... that's a lotta times I've killed these bosses.

Yes, I'm sick and tired of my cleric being in his 70's. I absolutely hate the whole 59 instance.

Does that mean I actually want free runs? Nah. If I need it I'll gladly pay, after all, I need it too. Now if I don't need it at all (at my level, I don't need 69 anymore) and I'm asked to tank, I've never had a squad charging me for it. Now that's something I understand; most people don't wanna pay simply to help others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options

Wait. So this means that somebody is now paying 15k of your part of the wine fee and having to pay the full wine fee themselves? No.

I imply nothing but what you have already said.

You claim that you want people to pay you 15k, or donate 15k of your wine fee while still paying their full part of a wine fee, simply because you tank, because you are a barb. Yes, this is implying that you want them to pay for you because you tank. This is even with the knowledge that BMs offer to tank when barbs cannot be found, because they can tank just as well, and they ask for nothing.

No, I am not implying anything. I am telling you the facts.

- If you want people to donate towards your costs, make friends. If you're some random barb, you can go **** yourself if you want me to donate anything towards you.
    - If you want people to pay things for you because you tank, you can once again go **** yourself. I don't need barbs at all [this is aimed at VlLKASS too, I don't need a barb and am not impatient enough to not wait for one. Why do you think I am against paying barbs? Because they do not need to paid.] and so if you want me to pay you or donate towards you in some way so you can tank something for me, you can go find a different squad. I'll wait on a better barb, or a BM, or hell any class depending on what the instance and boss is.
    - Actually, many of the barbs I don't consider greedy are nice enough to give DDs first pick in their TT runs and take the DD's pick instead. Gratz on your assumption that the people I label unselfish are somehow selfish, you were dead-**** wrong and now you look like an idiot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    [this is aimed at VlLKASS too, I don't need a barb and am not impatient enough to not wait for one. Why do you think I am against paying barbs? Because they do not need to paid.] and so if you want me to pay you or donate towards you in some way so you can tank something for me, you can go find a different squad.
    Then my post obviously was not directed towards u.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.