Forums Re-design Redux!

Options

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    you arent going to complain that the venomancer on the left looks **** now, are ye?

Is that a venomancer or an assassin? It wield daggers but it has bat ears AND fish ears...b:surrender

Edit: Frankie look, she has fish ears and daggers and scales D; it's a hybrid!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    its what happens when you mate a fish with a fox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The blue text is hard to read fyi
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Switched the color now, thumbs up? Great job *cough*

Rankings still aren't working, editing posts give u a "blabla contact Administrator" answer.

But looks better now at least...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver
    MinervaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I like this better now, has a Rising Tide feel to it now and feels like home already to me b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Here, with the Strana Mechty wolf, we see what may be the epitome of a warrior, cunning matched with instinct and stealth, joined with a final, terrifying attack. For this mighty creature, I name you. You are Clan Wolf." -Nicholas Kerensky
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Admit it PWE, you chose that veno because it kinda looks like my veno besides the hair colour. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    venos don't have bellybuttons?!b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Is that a venomancer or an assassin? It wield daggers but it has bat ears AND fish ears...b:surrender

Edit: Frankie look, she has fish ears and daggers and scales D; it's a hybrid!

Aadi, those are bat-ears! and....fish..earrings. b:victory
  • mightymoose
    mightymoose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

We've gone ahead and redone the forums after taking your suggestions into consideration. Again, it is extremely important to us that you all feel at home here, so please let us know what you think!

Thanks!

b:bye

This is defintely much better than before. But I think your background should be a little lighter shade of black (more greyish perhaps or perhaps another color). One of the problems with too much contrast between the text and background is it causes eye strain over time. So if you want to use white text, then a lighter shade of black would be better. If you want to use a solid black background, then a darker text color would be easier on the eyes.

If you look at the text at the top of the page you can see how the blue text is easier on the eyes than the the white text. Less contrast, easier on the eyes. (Of course, too little contrast is bad too cause you wouldn't be able to distingush the text from the background then.)

Just my 2 cents, but it's definitly better than the blinding bright forums we had before.
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    heres another tip for those having trouble viewing the forums. stop using aol or IE and dl something like firefox safari or opera. the forums work great on those 3 i have tested it myself.

>.> does my lvl still show 52 btw?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    heres another tip for those having trouble viewing the forums. stop using aol or IE and dl something like firefox safari or opera. the forums work great on those 3 i have tested it myself.

>.> does my lvl still show 52 btw?

Add Chrome to the list, my browser works great.

And yes, your level is still 52, at least on your avatar.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Works well on Chrome, Google Chrome. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Q.Q i haven't been lvl 52 for a long time lol im lvl 80 now >.< and chrome is good sorry i didn't have it on the list. mostly because i dont use it lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Works well on Chrome, Google Chrome. b:cool

I won ^^

But on the end Skynet won =)

Die now
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Q.Q i haven't been lvl 52 for a long time lol im lvl 80 now >.< and chrome is good sorry i didn't have it on the list. mostly because i dont use it lol

If you want to correct that go here, change your avatar, then go back there and change it back to the one you want to use, it worked for me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Die now

I do not possess that ability.

Even my psychic has only died once....deliberately to the Sword Tamer. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I do not possess that ability.

Even my psychic has only died once....deliberately to the Sword Tamer. b:cool

On the other hand, my character appears dead on random places of the PWI world at random times, on an amazing rate.

Would that have anything to do with the fact that I have died once already?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Aadi, those are bat-ears! and....fish..earrings. b:victory

Venos can't wield daggers. And also don't have scales. b:scorn Explain that, Mr. Wise Guy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    edited March 2010
    Options

Would that have anything to do with the fact that I have died once already?

I find that very hard to believe. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mightymoose
    mightymoose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    For the love of whatever deity you believe in, FIX the IE6 incompatibility issue. 20% of all Web browsers are still IE6.

source:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Msieshare1

I've brought it up in several other threads including the official one, but it keeps getting lost in the shuffle. A big banner appears right around the 3.5th topic (yes, .5, half way vertically through the title of the topic) and you cant scroll down through the topics beyond that. This new forum completely abandons 20% of the people using it.

Yeah I had the same problem on one of my computers and had to upgrade my IE. I've not had this compatiblity problems with any other games I played nor the old pwi forums. Even though it's no longer an issue for me now (after my upgrade), it's probably in the best interest of pwi to make their game site accessible to the largest number of players possible. If I had tried to checkout pwi before and couldn't read anything, I probably wouldn't have become a player. Potential revenue lost for the company right there. Something to think about.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    MUCH better. Only parts I don't like is the buttons (just sizing and the font), the weird purpley colour, and the "User CP New Posts Search v Log Out" bar seems oddly spaced. But I'm just nitpicking, it's much better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I find that very hard to believe. b:cool

I drowned on a pool at the age of 7 and was brought back, my heart stopped at that time, to technically, I died then.

And Aadi, the fish~veno~thing is cute, let's leave it there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I drowned on a pool at the age of 7 and was brought back, my heart stopped at that time, to technically, I died then.

I was going to say dead people can't post. b:sad

b:avoid

And wearing scale suits is very fashionable in Perfect World these days. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    And Aadi, the fish~veno~thing is cute, let's leave it there.

I can't leave it b:angry I'm bad at suspension of disbelief. People yell at me in movies because of it. That picture's been bothering me since it appeared on a loading screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:cry My poor Aedrian is cursed to die over and over again then.

Anyway, still a fun game to play b:pleased

Aadi, love, in that case, just assume the designers had a blooper, and yes, they should change it to something less fish-like, or something more fish-like.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JediPandaX - Sanctuary
    JediPandaX - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ALOT better Thank you Frank for listening to us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The Phantom Zone of ultimate MaDdNeSs is A ROOM WTH A MOOSE!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Aadi, love, in that case, just assume the designers had a blooper, and yes, they should change it to something less fish-like, or something more fish-like.

I think I can live with that solution. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think I can live with that solution. :)

That or we can use your siggie to fill the sexy forum **** role b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That or we can use your siggie to fill the sexy forum **** role b:chuckle

Then Foxrunning wouldn't like me anymore b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    still don't like it, better than before but still bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
This discussion has been closed.