Forums Re-design Redux!

Comments

• Talim - Raging Tide
    Talim - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Id have to agree, its much much better! But the one thing that p***ed me off the most still isnt fixed. the Top 50 Rankings. It's still not there b:cry fix it please b:angry
  • ExELFine - Heavens Tear
    ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    We've gone ahead and redone the forums after taking your suggestions into consideration. Again, it is extremely important to us that you all feel at home here, so please let us know what you think!

Very nice, thank you Frankieraye, it's well appreciated.

Now if only the lag would go away, I think it's caused by the animation. Maybe you could display it on the first page only? Took me 5 mins to type this message...

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Crafting:
    Tailor: lev 7
    Blacksmith: lev 6
    Craftsman: lev 6
    Apothicary: lev 5
    SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Very nice, thank you Frankieraye, it's well appreciated.

Now if only the lag would go away, I think it's caused by the animation. Maybe you could display it on the first page only? Took me 5 mins to type this message...

I definitely did see a lag increase with the new layouts. This one isn't as laggy as the last one, but laggier than the first one.

Edit: Nighty night forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Sleep well love.

And wake up to a yet again revamped forum, lol.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • La_Zorra - Sanctuary
    La_Zorra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hey Everyone,

We've gone ahead and redone the forums after taking your suggestions into consideration. Again, it is extremely important to us that you all feel at home here, so please let us know what you think!

Thanks!

b:bye

These colors are much better than the blinding white and all, so thanks for listening Frankie. I wonder why they ditched the old Forum designs though, as they were fine. I think there still needs to be some more work done on these designs, especially the blue sidebar; maybe a more purpley tone, and also, the problems that others seem to be having with the buttons and all. Thanks again for listening Frankie!

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Muchas gracias to Saitada for the siggy ~
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Still reminds me of a generic vBulletin layout, but at least this is much easier to read than the all white background, but it's still very amateurish and harsh to look at.

Hire a professional gfx designer... it's obvious that whomever is changing around the forums is probably not qualified to do so. No offense intended...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    main forum site is cute, but when i enter specific forum i got bit disappointed: no much graphic- just grey charts
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Tis ok, gota say i still liked old one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Forums still look amateurish. Old forums were well done and well designed. Whoever you have working on this new design.... seriously fails at anything remotely like having any talent at it.

~S
  • Rastelin - Heavens Tear
    Rastelin - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I like it. Prefer the old layout but its better than the blinding white one. Good job Nova er uhm frankieraye. b:victory
  • FoxxOnTheRun - Sanctuary
    FoxxOnTheRun - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Love the main page! The different blue tones look great..

As for the threads, I don't mind em one bit, I can come here without my sunglasses now

I was standing in the park wondering why frisbee's got bigger as they get closer. Then it hit me...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kotasha - Dreamweaver
    Kotasha - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I like it.

Don't like the blue at the sides the further you scroll down, but meh. Good job.

QTF. This is much better than the white but the blue on the sides really hurts my eyes still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Onin - Harshlands
    Onin - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Is that a joke? All that I see is white letters on white background. When I read trough pages of a thread I have to mark everything.
    I'm with Mozzila Firefox but I doubt that's the problem.
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    As I already wrote in another thread:

Keep this design and improve upon it and I will be happy enough.

Keep up the good work.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    o.o I like the new look
  • FrKnDuDe - Harshlands
    FrKnDuDe - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Love the new look....doesn't hurt the eye's specially when you up all hours of the night..lol

Now if someone can download all the smiles and clean out the edges in photo shop these they don't have the white outline would make it that much better. i would do this as I have done it on other sites but don't have much time....goto go level b:laugh

Just notices that the "Preview" button does not work. When you click "Preview", it actaully submits your post....LOL
    [sigpic][/sigpic] GM please make my siggy my avator :)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What level does my avatar shows to you all?
    It shows me you are lvl 87.It looks pretty nice although I was use to the white background as it didn't bother me.

I would like to see jump button at the bottom like most vb boards are set up as.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ooo this one looks much better. a lot easier on the eyes.

And i know there's a thread about the chick to the left, but since its about the re-design i'll post it here.

I will admit I asked for the chick on the side to be more covered, but it wasn't this one that i was mentioning. it was a different one.

The new design on this one though is actually kinda interesting. A little strange on the stomach area though. but all in all, I think you guys did a great job on this =) thank you for listening to us! ^^
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Kotasha - Dreamweaver
    Kotasha - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Is that a joke? All that I see is white letters on white background. When I read trough pages of a thread I have to mark everything.
    I'm with Mozzila Firefox but I doubt that's the problem.

Try refreshing your screen. Worked for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Nymph__ - Sanctuary
    __Nymph__ - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I really like this one,might be better than the last one(not the white one ofc) Don't like the blue on the sides 9/10
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Now THIS is good. I mean it is fine the way it looks and background colors. Finally something we can work with.

I could say the old brown one had more identity and it was more original and daring (how many forum layout out there are brown and look good too?) and I would be right about it.
    But change is part of life, thus it is needed so we all need to stop being conservative about it and embrace the new look as long as is not a total **** like the white one before was.

Good Work PWE!b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunnark - Sanctuary
    Lunnark - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I really like this one,might be better than the last one(not the white one ofc) Don't like the blue on the sides 9/10

Yes I agree the blue on the sides is kinda striking while you scroll down. It is fine on top of the page because there are some pictures in header, but as you scroll down I think it would be better of that blue would gradually turn into a dark blue-gray-ish tone.

Anyway is not a major problem the way it is for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Araya_Souren - Sanctuary
    Araya_Souren - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I agree darken the blue on the sides.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Much better than the previous white one. And it's even easier to read the white text on the black background than the writing on the original layout. But still, there's something special, something cool looking missing...
  • Kyourimaru - Lost City
    Kyourimaru - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Better than the whiteb:pleased, still miss the old old forum though =(
  • Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear
    Shao_on_Fire - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well... it beats white.

I guess I would've thought that a company like PWE would have someone or a group of persons on hand with a more serious understanding of phpBB3.0 and CSS to make a truly customized forum... I hate to say it, but this forum looks very "cookie cutter". It's a basic template. It hardly looks different from forums I've designed on free hosting sites for various factions/guilds/games. *shrug* I just would've envisioned something more original.

Overall, the color and all that is fine, buttons are where you would expect them, etc. I guess if this is what the company gives us, it'll have to do.

3/5
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    As long as it's not burning my eyes out of their sockets and I can sneak it during work hours (Because of the dark colors) then I guess it's acceptable.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Much better now, I can see your not finished seeing as how most of the buttons (like post reply) still have a white border around them but I'm sure those will get fixed.

The one issue for me is that before if a thread had any recenty replies since I last visited then the title of the thread would be highlighted, no longer seems to do this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:avoid

10char
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I still think the old forums where the best, it was a very origional style...
    tho this style isnt too bad, just that white on almost black on blue hurts my eyes b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.