New Website and Feedback

Options

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Personally I wasn't on the last week or two.

I didn't mean my comment as an insult to the mods they have sorry. But it is hilariously obvious that this forum needs more mods, now that Spoons is gone and we apparently don't get a new CM. People are being turned away from the game based of the joke these forums have become . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I didn't mean my comment as an insult to the mods they have sorry. But it is hilariously obvious that this forum needs more mods, now that Spoons is gone and we apparently don't get a new CM. People are being turned away from the game based of the joke these forums have become . . .
    the only jokes here are the players who make it such a massive emo wreck. frankie is a great CM, if you dont like it, go back to that flying game that you used to play. you know what im talking about >>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

1. Frankieraye is the new Community Manager for PWI.

2. There will be new Mods soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

I hope they are fun mods that can relate to usb:sad
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
    edited February 2010
    Options
    the only jokes here are the players who make it such a massive emo wreck. frankie is a great CM, if you dont like it, go back to that flying game that you used to play. you know what im talking about >>.

Luls . . . PWE is getting bad, but it's not as bad as Gala yet. Certainly heading that way tho.

I respect that Frank has been trying to incorporate more in-game events, but that doesn't excuse letting the forums go almost entirely unmodded since Spoons left. If Frank was a GREAT CM, he could handle doing both.

I like Frank, and I hope he learns to balance the two. . . I think he COULD be a good CM. At the moment . . . he isn't, as he is only looking at half his job.

My guess is that Spoons got fired for the same reason, although focusing on the other side. Hopefully Frank doesn't meet the same fate.

Just so I am clear here - I respect you and the other two mods a great deal. You've clearly been working your butts off and doing a good job most of the time. That said, it appears that you all went on vacation the same time that Spoons got fired. Considering Spoons did most of the moderation on the forums, you guys got less active, and Frank clearly isn't spending much time on here . . . it just looks bad for PWE in a time where things already look bad for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hate to be critical, but I think even darthpanda's more active on the forums than frankie. New mods would be highly, highly appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    In my opinion, the old one was much better that what we currently got, visual wise. In this current version, some stuffs are broken(had to google for the forum, very sad) and most of the old button/avatar are no longer matching.

The main page is kinda ok at first glance, but could use a lot of rework. I'm also wondering why there is publicity for animes at the bottom?

Color wise, I prefered the good old black and gold-ish setup.

On a side note, I think the layout is demanding more from our computer, since I seem to have a slight lag.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Luls . . . PWE is getting bad, but it's not as bad as Gala yet. Certainly heading that way tho.

I respect that Frank has been trying to incorporate more in-game events, but that doesn't excuse letting the forums go almost entirely unmodded since Spoons left. If Frank was a GREAT CM, he could handle doing both.

I like Frank, and I hope he learns to balance the two. . . I think he COULD be a good CM. At the moment . . . he isn't, as he is only looking at half his job.

My guess is that Spoons got fired for the same reason, although focusing on the other side. Hopefully Frank doesn't meet the same fate.

Just so I am clear here - I respect you and the other two mods a great deal. You've clearly been working your butts off and doing a good job most of the time. That said, it appears that you all went on vacation the same time that Spoons got fired. Considering Spoons did most of the moderation on the forums, you guys got less active, and Frank clearly isn't spending much time on here . . . it just looks bad for PWE in a time where things already look bad for them.
    the thing is, it should work both ways. he shouldnt have to be super police man 24/7 if half of these posters dropped off the face of the earth, with their slew of complaints here there and everywhere. quite frankly, i was glad rose left, she was one of the bigger complainers. QQ 2x exp and drops kills pw!

boo hoo.

what we really need is some of these posters to be made an example of, so they can respect... yet have a healthy fear of the law around here. it isnt fair for them, or to some of the more sensical posters to have to wade through such debauchery and idiocy 24/7. it speaks volumes of a forum's community when the popular posters are the ones who call themsevles trolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Theavenger - Sanctuary
    Theavenger - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    UGH lame. it burns my eyes out of their sockets and gives me a headache. sure maybe that's because it's 11:30 PM and all the lights are off, but it still burns! I don't like it. at all. It doesn't match. at all.

Excuse me while i puke all over the Site and then try to tell the difference :\
  • Dhboy - Dreamweaver
    Dhboy - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Appauling. My 2 year old niece could develop a better forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death smiles at us all.
    All a man can do is smile back.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't disagree that the fault in theory lies in a large part with the posters.

But that will happen on any forum that goes without moderation, as this one currently is.

Yes, I agree with you what this forum could really use is to get some of the worst trolls openly perma-banned.

Takes moderation to do that tho.

I could pont you to more than one thread where people were told to '**** my ***' or ' **** my ****' - those threads were reported to multiple mods and yet no action was taken.

Can you honeslty say that such things don't reflect badly on the company?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Now my font color doesn't look as good.

I really perfer the old system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Plot - Dreamweaver
    Plot - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    where can i find the link for player ranking ? anyone have the link ?
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2010
    Options
    where can i find the link for player ranking ? anyone have the link ?

I already answered that in the thread you made please don't spam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't see why they cant do like most forums.

Simply have an option to choose which skin the user perfers and be able to switch freely between the 2 (or more)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • FruityMelons - Heavens Tear
    FruityMelons - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Regardless of negative feedback on the new layout, this new forum is excellent! The old way drove me nuts... Can you say eye strain to read half the posts?

Great new layout... LOVE IT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doctoryak
    doctoryak Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't like it.....AT ALL!!!! Please pleas please please PPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEE bring back our old degisn........PLEASE!

P.S. It's H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E!!!!!!!!!

Rating: 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001/10 with 10 being the best rating possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I like to add that the layout is too plain now picture wise.

You have graphics ontop and then a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong section of nothing.

If you have a low resolution screen-setup you would look at a page that has blue white blue as primary colors without a break of some picture.
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    that is a valid point, but the esrb does say WARNING: "Game Experience May Change During Online Play." we gotta remember, these mods are unpaid volunteers the fact they give any action at all is a miracle/generous act in and of it self. i do think we may need a few more, but the way to rid of rot is to cut it all out at the source, THEN caulk it.

ie. boot the trolls, then hire more hands should it be needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Plot - Dreamweaver
    Plot - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I already answered that in the thread you made please don't spam.[/QUOTE

I saw the reply already, thank you.

By the way,the new website is too bright on my screen, the old one was better.
  • aryannamage
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I already answered that in the thread you made please don't spam.

I saw the reply already, thank you.

By the way,the new website is too bright on my screen, the old one was better.

Is a work in progress and will be worked on some more next week, also with the user feedback from all users in mind. (Look at the other stickys here in general)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eritheia - Lost City
    Eritheia - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have come to a conclusion about this forum.

[url]Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qivb6TEBhs[/url]

Who else agrees with me on this? b:chuckle
    edited February 2010
    Options
    that is a valid point, but the esrb does say WARNING: "Game Experience May Change During Online Play." we gotta remember, these mods are unpaid volunteers the fact they give any action at all is a miracle/generous act in and of it self. i do think we may need a few more, but the way to rid of rot is to cut it all out at the source, THEN caulk it.

ie. boot the trolls, then hire more hands should it be needed.

Said it 100 times since I came here - I have nothing against the volunteer mods here. I know they are doing their damndest, and I respect/appreciate them to no end for that. Just that when Spoons was here he was a more powerful force to keep our forums clean. Since he has been fired, apparently, and the mods all got busy (which is completely understandable) these forums have really gone to hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNFglDcW7dQ
    way better song.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options

No way this is much betterb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

• Helr - Raging Tide
    Helr - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hope, i understand your point of view, but i think they would like to have at least 3 people in between each of your posts b:chuckle

on that note... restore the old forums please b:surrender
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hope, i understand your point of view, but i think they would like to have at least 3 people in between each of your posts b:chuckle

on that note... restore the old forums please b:surrender

I though Hope left until further noticeb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zuenzu - Sanctuary
    Zuenzu - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I do have one non-complaint... The Sin to the left, but that's about it >.>
  • kanel321
    kanel321 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    blech !

I have a hi def monitor and this burns .. its way too bright .. bing back the old one please.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No way this is much betterb:laugh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En4XXx1qRdg
    even better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]