Should I charge to go and Res people?

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If she asked for money I would go rather to town and loose exp. As I said is question of principle.
    But if any1 will want for help just money, the PWI as a community will end.
    Uhm, your jumping to conclusions. And everyone of your posts said what YOU would do. Someone at 99% doesn't want to lose exp. It's their choice and hers, not yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If she asked for money I would go rather to town and loose exp. As I said is question of principle.
    But if any1 will want for help just money, the PWI as a community will end.

You have obviously not played many MMO's then. It is more common for clerics to receive payment for their Rez's than not. I have seen this trend in free to play games. Pay to play games not so much. Interesting pattern "I want to play for free, and expect everything to be free" -vs- "I am paying to play a game, and don't expect everything to be free".

~S
  • Poniard - Heavens Tear
    Poniard - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I personally don't think you should ask for payment
    I have a cleric and it seems like every 5 secs someone needs a res and yes it gets annoying, but you can either ignore them or give them a res. people don't ask to get a res expecting to have to pay for it, if you don't want to have to pay for the mp pots or charms than don't res them, it's as easy as that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Nothing but the best from ForsakenX
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    but wheres the fun in tht rofl
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You have obviously not played many MMO's then. It is more common for clerics to receive payment for their Rez's than not. I have seen this trend in free to play games. Pay to play games not so much. Interesting pattern "I want to play for free, and expect everything to be free" -vs- "I am paying to play a game, and don't expect everything to be free".

~S

You see everything through money. I see everything through goodwill to help. If for everything you will want money it will come back to you and every1 will want money from you for their help. I think this is not good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FruityMelons - Heavens Tear
    FruityMelons - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    My opinion:

If you rez someone, it's your choice to do so, but doing so should be voluntary and without compensation. Many character classes are dependent on each other. Tanks need clerics, clerics need tanks...they both need DD's and DD's need both. so on and so forth.

If I can expect a cleric to rez me...especially a friend...they can expect me to give them what they rely on from me in game. I run several characters, Wizard, Cleric, Veno, Sin... and I can't count the number of times I've switched to my cleric from others in the middle of my task to go rez someone. At the same time... I've switched to my cleric to heal someone while they tank...to my wizard to DD...to my veno to let my pet tank or DD... I've never charged, I foot my own repair bill... and btw, I've had 50+K repair bills on my sin already... My role is what I've chosen as each of my characters and I choose to accept the responsibility that comes with my roles. I can choose to not to do certain things... I can choose not to go rez someone...with the repercussion that I may need that person later and be denied. Additionally... What happens when a cleric needs a rez and another cleric wants to charge? Sometimes we don't think about things when the shoe is on the other foot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    These was like b:shocked . . .
    Cleric mind : "Hm i am busy but he need rez now . . should i charge him ?"
    The dead : "Hm she probably busy . . should i give her something for coming here all the way ?"

b:thanks for me . . . .
    Me as the dead : "Yay free rez, thanks a lot."
    Me as the cleric : "I just want to help him, no need for payment"

if the dead > died again
    Me as the dead : "Oh gosh, i am dead again should i ask her ? But i don't feel it right things to do . ."
    Me as the cleric : "Sorry i can't go back to rez you x.x squad call"
    Me as the dead : "Will you come back these time i will pay 30k please x.x"
    Me as the cleric : "$"

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    You see everything through money. I see everything through goodwill to help. If for everything you will want money it will come back to you and every1 will want money from you for their help. I think this is not good.

No I don't see everything through money. I have on the other hand played MMO's for many years and it is more common for a cleric to be compensated for their time, than not.

You make assumptions of me based on your own limited perceptions, and experience in the MMO world. In most pay to play MMO's, it is common for people to pay a cleric or other 'buffing classes' to buff them.

So while you see things one way, I see things from years of experience in MMO's, and see that most free to play games I have played have one thing in common. The people who play it expect everything to be given to them for free.

~S
    edited February 2010
    It not just rez b:thanks
    there a mmorpg with class that able to create teleport portal . . with cost of a item of course . .
    people usually pay them so they not go mad and teleport you to dangerous dungeon. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ICreamed - Lost City
    ICreamed - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010

~S

Good point.

Also, is it so bad to pay for a res.? You spend time grinding, gaining money, and getting items. So does everyone else--including the clerics. A cleric coming to res. you is using his/her time, which is time that he could be spending grinding, crafting, or making money.

What's so immoral about asking for compensation? Is it immoral to make money? Is it immoral to ask for payment when someone has died? Whose fault is it for dying? Or is it immoral to use someone else's time when, suddenly, you somehow died and now request that he goes out of his way to res. you for free?

Death is great, isn't it? That's why weapon companies exist. They make money when people kill people. But so do the companies that make bandages and first-aid kits. I suppose there will always be people complaining when people are making money when someone dies, but I've never seen anyone complain about Johnson and Johnson's band-aids. Maybe I'll write them an angry letter the next time I fall out of a tree and scrape my knee: 'You're making me pay for my boo-boo!'
    YouTube.com/CottonCrumble

You don't have to be wrong or right. With a better argument, you'll always win.
    edited February 2010
    Should i charge ?
    "Yes, if you want."

Should i charge ? but i feel they might call me wicked cleric
    "Ok, then no don't charge them -_-"

For free ? But i don't want to waste my time keep rez people . .
    "Then charge them . . "

Charge them !? But they may hate me . .
    "I hate you -_- make your mind already"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    No I don't see everything through money. I have on the other hand played MMO's for many years and it is more common for a cleric to be compensated for their time, than not.

You make assumptions of me based on your own limited perceptions, and experience in the MMO world. In most pay to play MMO's, it is common for people to pay a cleric or other 'buffing classes' to buff them.

So while you see things one way, I see things from years of experience in MMO's, and see that most free to play games I have played have one thing in common. The people who play it expect everything to be given to them for free.

~S
    I'm old in real life and life taught me one thing. Do good things, you will get good things. Taking money just because you play character, which1 can rescue other is not right. And don't tell me, that I should play cleric. Every1 cannot play the same character. And make cash advantage from cleric character isn't right. Dev. made just 1 character with ability to rescue and encroach this, is not right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Duh, everyone b:surrender . .
    Its up to the cleric to charge or not . .
    And up to the dead to give something as thanks or not . .
    (i mean without asked give something for rez)

These all up to the player of the cleric and the dead people. b:shutup

Because no one except them self to died and no one except a sudden request asking for rez.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ICreamed - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I'm old in real life and life taught me one thing. Do good things, you will get good things. Taking money just because you play character, which1 can rescue other is not right. And don't tell me, that I should play cleric. Every1 cannot play the same character. And make cash advantage from cleric character isn't right. Dev. made just 1 character with ability to rescue and encroach this, is not right.

So do you do good things just to get good things in return? That seems to contradict what you're so passionately arguing about. A cleric is definitely doing a good thing when she reses me, in my opinion. So if you were the cleric, and you did a good thing (such as resing me), would you expect something good to happen? That, in my line of thought, is exactly the same.

• Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I beg to differ. I'm of a certain age too but.... life isn't fair. You may do good things for others, but when it comes to your turn to ask for help, you may not get it in return.

Perhaps, it's the urban life that's making people realistic, or perhaps, it's even the culture of the chinese to value monetary gains above things except kinship.

Even kinship doesn't overtakes money now. So, do you wanna tell them that they are wrong? They too are trying to survive in the materialistic world, where everything is getting expensive.

If the cleric wants something in return, it's not our call. It's her decision ultimately.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

Yeah well, nice to know your older. I'm 45.... but....

You missed my point entirely.

let me spell it out in easier terms.

Free to play = How dare you charge me for your time!

Pay to play = Thanks for the rez, here is 200 platinum.

The difference? The type of game it is. Free -vs- Pay.

Like I said before. I have been playing MMO's for a very long time. Every pay to play MMO I have played it was EXPECTED by the players to be compensated for their time and skills use. Both in Buffs and Rezzes.

In nearly every FREE to play game I have played though, players take offense at even the THOUGHT or SUGGESTION that they should pay for buffs or rezzes.

So the common factor here in my eyes seems to be the type of person that prefers to play free games rather than pay games, and what they expect (it's free, so why should I pay?).

~S

*edit* BTW, life has taught me one thing... let someone take advantage of you, and they will expect it all the time, and after a while, everyone else will as well.
    edited February 2010
    Hm.. these make me glad that most people in PWI not asking charge for help. b:shocked
    On my other mmo people easily offer payment for almost anything b:surrender, makes people always except payment for helping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Yeah well, nice to know your older. I'm 45.... but....

You missed my point entirely.

let me spell it out in easier terms.

Free to play = How dare you charge me for your time!

Pay to play = Thanks for the rez, here is 200 platinum.

The difference? The type of game it is. Free -vs- Pay.

Like I said before. I have been playing MMO's for a very long time. Every pay to play MMO I have played it was EXPECTED by the players to be compensated for their time and skills use. Both in Buffs and Rezzes.

In nearly every FREE to play game I have played though, players take offense at even the THOUGHT or SUGGESTION that they should pay for buffs or rezzes.

So the common factor here in my eyes seems to be the type of person that prefers to play free games rather than pay games, and what they expect (it's free, so why should I pay?).

~S

It's very simple. If you don't want to rescue don't do it. But if you rescue don't ask for money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Should I charge for killing bosses for other players?

I like that idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    It's very simple. If you don't want to rescue don't do it. But if you rescue don't ask for money.

You obviously glossed over everything I wrote. Which tells me that you are standing on an unreasonable thought process. You are unable to understand the difference between, your time and effort is soooo valuable that a cleric MUST stop what they are doing and help you, -vs- their time and effort is valuable and they should be compensated for stoping what they are doing just to rez your dead ****... soo...

It is very simple. If you want a Rez, pay me, if not, town it.

b:bye

~S
    edited February 2010

Scenario 1
    The Dead : "Help Help rez me please."
    Cleric : "Ok, but will you pay me ?"
    The Dead : "No"
    Cleric : "Bye then"

Scenario 2

Cleric : "Alright sure"
    The Dead : "Thank you, here some money for you."
    Cleric : "Wow, is this alright ? Thank you."

Scenario 3
    Cleric : "Uh i am busy right now . . "
    The Dead : "Plesae didn't cleric love to help people ?"
    Cleric : "I guess, but i can't right now."
    The Dead : "What a wicked cleric you are !!"

Scenario 4
    Cleric : "I am coming."
    The Dead : "Woah, thank you. You were my best friend."
    Cleric : "It ok these, i feel fun that i can help people."
    The Dead : "Ohh what a nice person, i will try my best to not died again !! You can go if you want =)
    If i am died again i will just go back to town."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Um...Basically imagine yourself in their position.

Just because some people (a minority, or maybe Sanctuary and lost city servers have nice people) may flame you in an FB39, doesnt mean everybody is like that.
    If you really wanna charge, just get them to give you enough money for pots to replace MP cost.

And

Dont be mean because they used poor grammar (e.g cn u rez me plz). Thats just stupid.
    Ive seen more mean clerics than any other class, and usually its because someone flamed them in a party for not doing their job properly. Not every1 is like that. But seriously if you charge people, they will hate you more for it. They were probably nice but the moment you ask for money theyll end up being rude, and then youll end up thinking everyone is rude. You have the skill for a reason.
    If a cleric asked me for 5-10 k for a rez i guess id pay. Anything over 10k is just selfish.
    And remember, "heal" or "rez" isnt rude, especially if its in the middle of a BH and fighting mobs. You really cant expect someone to type full sentences while fighting 3 mobs at a time.

Yeah...
    tl;dr: Dont be mean. Asking for money gives you a massive big ego. A bigger ego than those BMs that rush into mobs thinking theyre tanks and flame clerics (which ive personally never seen).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Who are you to tell others what to do, or not, with their time?

I'm of the type to not charge or ask for compensation, up front. I have only been offered payment once in my PWI career for my res/services, and I took it apprehensively, as I generally feel bad about doing so. And I've only recently started asking for compensation, if 1) I don't know them 2) they are not in my faction and/or 3) they cannot convey their message without looking like an 8 year old mentally handicapped child. But if I'm friends with you, or you're in my faction, or if you're even a friend of a friend who asked me, I will generally do so without any sort of compensation required.

But, I have recently been finding out that most players cannot speak correctly, and it's very very annoying seeing "cleric rez", "clerik heel plz", "HEAL REZ ME DAM T". So, if someone sends me a message in this regard, I either stand there and laugh, start killing mobs around them and don't respond to them, or I just take off and BL them. When people can't be civil in their dealings with me, why in the hell should I show any compassion for/to them? And it's THIS reason why some Clerics (I would assume at least) are considering charging for a resurrection. Granted, a lot of Clerics do this out of the kindness of their personalities' (I'm a sucker for being overtly nice to people, so I realize it myself), it's awfully tiring flying (TP'ing) out to a location (or to just rez them if you're nearby), just to have them either take off without thanking you, or just being plain rude afterwords, as if you took too long to rez them, or what have you.

The Cleric(s) had to pay for their resurrection skill, and it's saving you up to 90% (level 10) of your experience loss. Of all the skills that I can think of in this game, this is the last one for people to ***** about giving compensation for. So, let's just be realistic. You could save 100% of your exp by buying a Resurrection scroll for what, 50k? Okay, well let's say that a Cleric with level 11 Resurrection comes by and gives you a rez. Would you really not like to give this Cleric 50k for basically giving you a Resurrection scroll away from town, when otherwise you would have to bite the bullet and take the loss (as most Clerics have to, if they don't have the Resurrection scroll or GAs themselves)? S/he has just saved you exp since you didn't have that scroll in the first place. Is that not fair price for saved exp? I would think that 50k at any place in the game is a HELL of a deal. Okay, well for other Cleric's who give you a rez, just take 5k off each level they have from lvl 11. Level 10 rez = 90%, level 9 rez = 80%, etc etc. And, 100% of 50k is what? That's right, 50k. 90% of 50k? 45k. You see where I'm going with this.

Well, I am not meaning this is as a flame in any way (well, perhaps the first remark, as I truly despise pompous, self-righteous, arrogant, holier than thou pricks), but I do find it peculiar that you would say "do this or don't do this. there is no middle ground". For one who claims to have such high morals, that's quite bigoted, don't you think?
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Rheth - Sanctuary
    Rheth - Sanctuary Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I wont ask for money. I get enjoyment out of the "wtf?!?!"s that i get after the person i rez says as i fly off. Lvl 1 rez for the win.
    edited February 2010

I'm of the type to not charge or ask for compensation, up front. I have only been offered payment once in my PWI career for my res/services, and I took it apprehensively, as I generally feel bad about doing so. And I've only recently started asking for compensation, if 1) I don't know them 2) they are not in my faction and/or 3) they cannot convey their message without looking like an 8 year old mentally handicapped child. But if I'm friends with you, or you're in my faction, or if you're even a friend of a friend who asked me, I will generally do so without any sort of compensation required.

But, I have recently been finding out that most players cannot speak correctly, and it's very very annoying seeing "cleric rez", "clerik heel plz", "HEAL REZ ME DAM T". So, if someone sends me a message in this regard, I either stand there and laugh, start killing mobs around them and don't respond to them, or I just take off and BL them. When people can't be civil in their dealings with me, why in the hell should I show any compassion for/to them? And it's THIS reason why some Clerics (I would assume at least) are considering charging for a resurrection. Granted, a lot of Clerics do this out of the kindness of their personalities' (I'm a sucker for being overtly nice to people, so I realize it myself), it's awfully tiring flying (TP'ing) out to a location (or to just rez them if you're nearby), just to have them either take off without thanking you, or just being plain rude afterwords, as if you took too long to rez them, or what have you.

The Cleric(s) had to pay for their resurrection skill, and it's saving you up to 90% (level 10) of your experience loss. Of all the skills that I can think of in this game, this is the last one for people to ***** about giving compensation for. So, let's just be realistic. You could save 100% of your exp by buying a Resurrection scroll for what, 50k? Okay, well let's say that a Cleric with level 11 Resurrection comes by and gives you a rez. Would you really not like to give this Cleric 50k for basically giving you a Resurrection scroll away from town, when otherwise you would have to bite the bullet and take the loss (as most Clerics have to, if they don't have the Resurrection scroll or GAs themselves)? S/he has just saved you exp since you didn't have that scroll in the first place. Is that not fair price for saved exp? I would think that 50k at any place in the game is a HELL of a deal. Okay, well for other Cleric's who give you a rez, just take 5k off each level they have from lvl 11. Level 10 rez = 90%, level 9 rez = 80%, etc etc. And, 100% of 50k is what? That's right, 50k. 90% of 50k? 45k. You see where I'm going with this.

Well, I am not meaning this is as a flame in any way (well, perhaps the first remark, as I truly despise pompous, self-righteous, arrogant, holier than thou pricks), but I do find it peculiar that you would say "do this or don't do this. there is no middle ground". For one who claims to have such high morals, that's quite bigoted, don't you think?

Read all discussion. Not just last sentence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ICreamed - Lost City
    edited February 2010

The Cleric(s) had to pay for their resurrection skill, and it's saving you up to 90% (level 10) of your experience loss. Of all the skills that I can think of in this game, this is the last one for people to ***** about giving compensation for. So, let's just be realistic. You could save 100% of your exp by buying a Resurrection scroll for what, 50k? Okay, well let's say that a Cleric with level 11 Resurrection comes by and gives you a rez. Would you really not like to give this Cleric 50k for doing giving you a chance at buying a Resurrection scroll away from town, when otherwise you would have to bite the bullet and take the loss (as most Clerics have to, if they don't have the Resurrection scroll or GAs themselves)? S/he has just saved you exp since you didn't have that scroll in the first place. Is that not fair price for saved exp? I would think that 50k at any place in the game is a HELL of a deal. Okay, well for other Cleric's who give you a rez, just take 5k off each level they have from lvl 11. Level 10 rez = 90%, level 9 rez = 80%, etc etc. And, 100% of 50k is what? That's right, 50k. 90% of 50k? 45k. You see where I'm going with this.

I winced when I saw someone had replied to this thread again. It's quickly become a dead argument between stubborn people; however that was well said. If I ever play a cleric, I'd have a similar stance as yours.

Although, the OP isn't even reading the topic anymore, and already came to his/her/its solution.

The End

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ive seen more mean clerics than any other class

Quoted for truth. For some reason, the ability to help people with this class makes people into rude, controlling players. "You want a res? Pay me." "You pulled aggro? I'm going to let you die instead of healing you." And let's not forget the clerics that refuse to ress people because it was their own fault they died, even if they're right next to the person. Clerics breed these odd creatures with the ability to help, but usually the motto of "When I help, I'm the most important and I better be treated like a god!" I don't get 95% of clerics b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Read all discussion. Not just last sentence.

I did. Please try again.

Oh, and if you missed it, I was actually agreeing with your sentiments (in regards that I normally don't expect or demand compensation). Reading comprehension FTW. Or maybe in your case, AWOL.
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I res people because I'm asked to. :/ I've never once gotten paid for it. I've even lost exp to res people in TT and FBs --;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010

The 50K rez scroll only covers rez-in-place and does not prevent experience loss. For that you'll need the Guardian Scroll too. Try 50K+100K=150K for a lvl11 rez.