TW dead?

Options
volst
volst Posts: 180
edited April 2010 in Tideswell (East)
Yeah I know about pack gear unbalance and stuff. Just want to see if anyone agrees. b:sad
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dhboy - Dreamweaver
    Dhboy - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Far too unbalanced now with all the cash shop players in calamity and dynasty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death smiles at us all.
    All a man can do is smile back.
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Funny that you mentioned only calamity and dynasty, would you have said that back when calamity lost to equinox 4 weeks in a row?
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver
    _BaMbOo - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Cash shoppers win TW's?

Gee, I thought winning TW's meant a good game plan and battle field tactics.

Guess I was wrong. b:surrender
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Cash shoppers win TW's?

Gee, I thought winning TW's meant a good game plan and battle field tactics.

Guess I was wrong. b:surrender

Yeap, you were.

Cash shop, get godly gear, grind/Hyper EXP/oracle to 100+, ????, PROFIT!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Funny that you mentioned only calamity and dynasty, would you have said that back when calamity lost to equinox 4 weeks in a row?

Don't be silly. Clearly now that Dynasty owns more territories than EQ (I wonder what will happen if EQ is wiped off the map and given the chance to start at a new territory), all the Cash Shoppers that people complained about in EQ weeks ago have magically ****ing quantum transmuted to Dynasty.

Fun fact: There are heavy CSers in every TW faction. There are also schlubs like me who can barely afford to wear decent gear. The latter is also the majority of every faction; if there were 80 Chezedudes/Ri$ens/Goonz/et al. in a TW faction that showed up every TW, the map would all be their color, so long as they weren't stupid.

(Seriously, ever try to kill an Archer with 10-12k hp? So annoying...)
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

TBH, there aren't any many cash shoppers in Dynasty. We don't rely on TW money either as we lose more than we gain from a major TW (after doing charm expenses and maybe apoth items). What about Equinox though? They're still on the map and I still recognize them as 2nd best.

Anyways, TW isn't dead if you level. Just keep TWing with your faction and you'll eventually round up enough players to take some land.
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Its just me.... but I've been in both Dynasty and Equinox (in EQ atm) and to avoid revealing to much, but just saying. EQ has a bit more higher lvls and better players than Dynasty, if Cala takes out all of EQ then its bye bye Dynasty in the south.

Anyhow it'll turn out to be just like that other server.... you know? Where they got all the territories then they disbanded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    For the sake of the server (for added emphasis) I really hope eq and another faction like armagedon (sad to have seen them fall apart, especially when i was in it) rises up and tries to take on cala before they get ALL the land, and keep it from them.

Although my new faction as of like 7+ weeks ago Equinox gave cala one hell of a run for its money (so to speak) a couple weeks ago, after the fall of armagedon. It proved cala wasn't unbeatable, it can happen again, the 'fall' of cala. Though if they do lose to eq again, I hope there members stick in there, and don't decide to leave due to a loss from eq.

I understand there was bad 'blood' with broken promises in the past, but it has definitely been one hell of a fun ride since then. Although I admittedly wasn't in either faction, nor paying that much attention to the tw scene. Which really hope there are many more fun/tough tws, where eq isn't walking over by cala, like we have been the past 3 weeks or so since tidborn got released.

Either way, I wish cala the best of luck in whatever there goal is, but I for one definitely don't want to see cala take all of the lands, and I definitely don't want to 'stop' playing this game knowing one guild, is on the verge of taking over the world.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • WackyTaffy - Dreamweaver
    WackyTaffy - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I find it odd that all this negativity is starting up now. Assuming Dynasty beats HDT today. Then there will be no other targets for Dynasty to attack other than Calamity. Last week there was only a small attack against Dynasty. This week no one attacked Dynasty. Dynasty will have a TW or the faction will revolt. Unlike some factions though we do not hate Calamity. TW is just part of the game the anger and hate have no real place in it to me.

Some people have been spreading lies and propaganda about us. For example that we are Calamity's sister faction or puppet faction. Well we aren't allied with Calamity or anyone else. We have always looked out for our own interests only. Just like every other TW faction and any faction that claims other wise is lying.

Also, I find it odd though that now that there are almost no other options for us but to attack Calamity, that some people from EQ are insulting and making threats towards us. This is similar to how some officers of EQ have asked us to attack Calamity in the past though. If I didn't know better I'd think they didn't want us to attack Calamity. However, I don't care about what EQ wants or Calamity. We will always fight the most interesting fight in front of us. If that helps or hurts EQ is not my concern. My only concern is to making Dynasty better and stronger.

err, I mean no TW isn't dead.
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Strange with all those people moving from Eq to Dynasty(reminds me of Eq->Arma).I have to say Eq is a sinking boat if the Dynasty guys are telling the truth and they aren't allied with them.Well I hope Dynasty gets more organized on TWs and puts more of a fight than Eq or when they were fighting us.For now they just have levels and the best cash shoppers if you exclude Cheeze and swords,but nothing more.Easy prey for Calamity now that Tyranny organizes things again.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have no idea why Bushido keeps spreading lies about tons of people moving from Equinox to Dynasty lately. Maybe it is just a grudge about losing Raging Tide. To be honest, I heard from another Bushido member (That I have in my friend list for ages), that we improved strategy wise during the last TW. Also you guys seemed to have trouble yourself, considering the Bushido-Drama posts that came up here lately... If anything it is the other way round (goonz allowed back in EQ for example). If there is such a lot of high lvl EQ players in Dynasty now, you have surely no problem to list some names...

Honestly, spreading rumors after a defeat is not a good way of presenting yourself. I for my part found the last TW a good fight after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have to say Eq is a sinking boat if the Dynasty guys are telling the truth and they aren't allied with them.

That's pretty funny...
  • Dfadfadsfsdf - Harshlands
    Dfadfadsfsdf - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Easy prey for Calamity now that Tyranny organizes things again.

I think you should give credit to the Mr BaldwinBoy, he's the one that is organizing everything.
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Bushido got a lot better after we lost the land. The losing battle was a disaster, we tried new strategies which was directly comparable to shooting our own foot. Highly decorated people left during the faction (With no intention of doing any harm, or cause drama) which created tons of confusion.

Yes, we held a stand in that battle. Yes, it might have seemed like a good effort from our part in Dynasty's view, but it wasn't. We were in shambles and falling apart, should we had our A game in there it MIGHT have been another 3 hour match.

I heard over our vent that they saw a lot of ex-EQ people in the TW. That's all I know and that's where the rumor came from.

We're returning to our original concept of honour, respect and fortitude and we're far from planning to quit TW for good. How, when and against who Bushido will be back again? Who knows... could be Dynasty, EQ, HDT, or even Calamity, nobody knows.

I asked about the Dynasty - EQ merging from one Dynasty guy and he denied it completely saying that they already had 199 people to begin with. Who knows... I don't care, I just want to get my sage title by the end of the year. >.>
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yes, we are always at the upper limit of our faction capacity, that is also were the high lvl requirement from our recruitments lately comes from. Simply due to that fact we could not "merge" with Equinox.

I for my part respect Bushido and find them a very strong opponent. I am really looking forward to future battles with lots of effort and commitment from both sides. Because of that, I was a bit disappointed to hear rumors like the EQ thing after that battle. That is just below Bushido.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hehe I'm as outside of guild politics since...well since alot of time.As I said I heard people saying this.Now i know often this things aren't true(I'm talking about EQ=Dynasty)since as some guy above me(probably from Eq)was saying the same thing about Cala=Dynasty.
    I actually find a good thing people that only cared about having land are leaving EQ since it might clear a bit the negative encounters i had with many of their members(not all and some are really great).I was glad this happened to Bushido(even if I fought my **** in all the TWs and I never even wanted to do that much TWs from the start).And I wish that would happen to Calamity too.It's times like that when you can tell friends from "friends".And man,do I keep away from people that quit for any "I reason" or because of stupid things like not owning a teritory.It's not like you can't do TW if you don't own a land.I see alot of factions doing it every week and having fun for an hour.
    Hope I made clear of my ideas.

As for BB,well I have to thank him the most since he was the one to invite me to Calamity in the first place so really I'll never thank him enough for the great time I had there.I was talking about TW tactics and believe me nobody beats Tyranny there.He would kick Eqs **** with a bunch of lvl 30 noobs b:victory
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I was talking about TW tactics and believe me nobody beats Tyranny there. He would kick Eqs **** with a bunch of lvl 30 noobs b:victory

Have you ever TWed against Equinox before, or can I just assume this is some sort of false bravado we're blessed enough to witness on the heels of a now-empty claim that you're outside guild politics?

Would you like to know the difference between Calamity and Equinox? 80/60.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    TBH, there aren't any many cash shoppers in Dynasty.

That statement made me chuckle so hard I almost puked . . .

I couldn't care less who cash shops and who doesn't - it's all part of the game and more power to those who do.

But FFS learn who your guildies are before you make that statement?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Charisma - Raging Tide
    Charisma - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    TW diededed? b:sad

Good luck to both Dynasty and Equinox next week... last time that went down it was a practice TW, so let's hope things have changed a lot now. As for Tyranny leading TW...well, I've always seen either Lightaine, Seraphim, Matthew or BaldwinBoy doing all of this, so I don't know; as for merges and alliances, I applaud Dynasty for staying single (at least on the outside?) and holding off their TWs down on the south portion. Kind of surprised to see Kindrid still stuck in that dreaded Forest of Haze, and Vanquish right smack down in the middle, with Equinox's baby faction in Misfortune...hmm Calamity, choices choices... maybe this will finally make for some more action on the map?

I've got to say though... the pinkless map is looking very, very odd. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:cute
    Lieal - 95 Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Retired
    Charisma - 86 Cleric - Raging Tide - Retired
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Have you ever TWed against Equinox before, or can I just assume this is some sort of false bravado we're blessed enough to witness on the heels of a now-empty claim that you're outside guild politics?

Would you like to know the difference between Calamity and Equinox? 80/60.

Mhmmmm let me thins if I fought Equinox.Yup I did and many times.
    Hehe man I was so right about Eq sinking.Only way they would take land now(as the name equinox i mean)is to take on Kindrid.Good luck there,really hope Dynasty will fight back if you attack them
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    And why wouldn't Dynasty fight back if Equinox is only fit enough to take on Kindrid? (That's okay, that was a rhetorical question, you don't need to try to answer.)

I'm assuming you fought against Equinox in Calamity? That would be the only faction that has won against Equinox, of course.
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I fought against Eq when the server was young in my first ever faction DamageInc.Eq was allied with us but Lightwish decided to attack the weaker factions so 80 vs 25 wasn't a real fight.
    Then I fight while I was in midnight and dominion,even if the ratio was stil 2:1 we put a real fight every time.Back then most factions weren't even showing up against calamity and equinox.
    Then I fought in calamity against eq for about 2 months until I quit my barb and 80 vs 80 there was no story.Levels and equipment were similar back there before anni packs.
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    u know, not everyone in those factions spend money, ive never spent a penny.
  • Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver
    Trobneziuq - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BabyCal will rise up and Pwon Calamity like a angry teenage child bucks its parent!!! Quizenbort is going DOWN!!!
  • Sinichi - Dreamweaver
    Sinichi - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Are you serious...?!?!?! My main char is in Calamity, and I never spent any RL coins, but for internet maybe... b:chuckle

Yeah, in each faction there are cash shop players, however I think Eq has more cash shop players than Calamity or even Dynasty.
  • Sinichi - Dreamweaver
    Sinichi - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I was talking about TW tactics and believe me nobody beats Tyranny there.He would kick Eqs **** with a bunch of lvl 30 noobs b:victory

Till today I never see Tyranny making/preparing TW squads, also I never see Tyranny write something about TW tactics in forum, but few I think. So, is it Tyranny that make the tactics? Or Calamity officers who think together about the tactics..?! *wondering*

Since my first time in Cala, I just know these names who set up TW squads oftenly; Seraphim, Lightaine, Mathew/Zynobia, and BaldwinBoy...
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'd like to see more factions attack Calamity. So many factions sitting by and watching Calamity take the map is why TW is mostly dead. And then some people have the mentality "if you can't beat 'em... join 'em" which doesn't do any good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    more attack = more fun b:pleased

i just miss those 3 hours wars with eq they were fun b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Iron_Chef_Jr - Dreamweaver
    Iron_Chef_Jr - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    First off TW has been Dead for a long time....And yes we did give up our lands... but do you know why? If you dont you really have no concept of TW and PWI.....