TW dead?

Comments

• Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Firstly, I have a serious problem with this type of talk. To insinuate that we always assumed that we would TW "easy" factions is an insult to our intelligence. We are all WELL AWARE that at some point or another we were going to TW Calamity; regardless of it being before or after Calamity was through with Equinox. Granted, it's my word versus yours as now there really isn't much to say about it. Still, I do not appreciate being misrepresented.

I never made any such claims that Dynasty never made plans for Calamity. Your attempts to infer hidden demons from my simple observations do your intelligence far more disservice than your previous campaigns against "easier" factions ever did. (Although I use "easier" fairly loosely, given that Bushido did defeat you on several occasions.) I'm well aware that Dynasty has considered TW against Calamity, I merely pointed out that you were woefully unprepared for it.

It is not your word versus mine; Dynasty's tactics are presently inadequate. There is no denying this. This is not an insult to your tacticians' intelligence, but a side effect of your faction's lack of experience with more difficult TW factions like Equinox and Calamity. I do not demean Dynasty or any of its members (especially not since I was sodomized seven ways from Sunday in Friday's TW), but I will not silence myself out of fear that someone will misinterpret my words to feed their tribal chest-thumping.

To be completely fair, however, I'm wrong a lot of the time. I told a party of Dynasty people doing BH69 with me a few hours before Friday's TWs (fastest BH69 ever, btw, and thanks for that) that Equinox's only chance was to drop Dynasty in 10 minutes or less and then go full defense against Calamity. Lo and behold, Equinox's 25 people in Dynasty's TW were steamrolled, but we still ended up beating Calamity.

Secondly, I never portrayed Equinox's campaign against Calamity as some sort of "Holy War". If you reread my post, I spend a small amount of time trying to debunk this hilariously fallacious idea. Equinox says: Calamity is going to continue to own the map unless Equinox can gain some momentum, or unless other factions become stronger and more experienced, because infighting between smaller factions is only harmful to the long-term land-holding of smaller factions when there's a larger target. Calamity is not Emperor Palpatine. Hell, I love a lot of their barbs because they're very friendly, and will trade buffs with me in the cube when I can be bothered to log in. Equinox is not the pious savior of diversity on Dreamweaver's faction map. If Calamity dissolved tomorrow, you can be damn sure we'd start hunting down other targets. However, if you don't want Dreamweaver to turn into another Sanctuary or Lost City, you had better either build your faction up to fighting strength, or realize that two factions of equal strength and territory are easier to claim land from than one faction of dominant strength.

If it sounds arrogant, then you're ascribing too much emotional involvement in your faction's TW ability. Make friends, have a blast, do what you will, I don't care, I'm only rarely logged in for TWs anyway, and remain in EQ almost solely for the few people I knew when I first joined on Phoenix at the near-start of the server. But don't corrupt your loyalty to the point that you must infer false meaning from my words. Dynasty members have always been cordial to me, and I mean to return the favor. If you'd like, I could even provide more direct critiques of your TW strategies in PMs. It'll make it slightly harder for Equinox to beat you, and I may annoy EQ leadership in-so-doing, but I'd much rather there be three (or more, God willing) factions of equivalent strength on Dreamweaver and no allegiances than two factions of relatively equal strength vying for the good favor of weaker factions. Having multiple targets with large amounts of land to go after each week would be a lot more fun than clicking on red and hoping we win week after week.

Mostly, though, I'm bored and doing damage control for EQ. (And/or creating more of a fallout. I seem to get a mixed reception from people on this game for not typing like an utter r*tard.)

I suppose I could always just start talking to myself for entertainment, though. Less fun that way.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Making a short post:

EQ, why QQ about the gank story... Dynasty gets ganked every weekend, y0 -_-
    As today we will, and would have even if we didnt decide to attack you yesterday.

Slivaf - there is no agreement with Calamity, but them fighting us just would be a boring >10min TW, which with EQ might not happen. EQ is a considerable opponent, FAIR opponent, so to speak.

And all that talk about "EQ off the map"... Once it's off it, that doesn't mean that the game is over or the faction has ended - bs. You can always fight Calamity - and as I said before, can start eating the Big Red from any random corner.
    Eremedy, when EQ started attacking cala the first time, the TWs were over in 10 minutes. We didnt even reach a 40 minute TW until after 3 months. We kept on losing and slowly improving our strategy. Thats how we got the the point we are at today and i know it being a member of EQ for nearly a year soon.
    "Do I have to pull out screen-shots of the amount of disrespect we receive? Nope cause we don't QQ about it on forums or on WC." - - - ButtSekks

Seriously, dude, where were you yesterday when all the flaming towards Dynasty started in WQ?? And I'm sure I saw there more than ONE name from EQ... (Or was that sentence (translating) about not QQing about the disrespect you recieve due to the things that are done in the forums or WC? - well, either way, what I saw yesterday or seeing here on Forums is just UGLY)

PS. NOT claming there aren't ANY nice persons in EQ - apparently I have met some generous, friendly, nice and lovely persons too (believe it or not) - and that both in Calamity or EQ. Except for I've found myself in random squads more with Calamity, claming they were bored and now do "this" (insert some dungeon run here).

Those people were reprimanded and before the raging tide TW Ajay made clear that anything like that would result in immediate booting from the faction. You dont see whats going on in our faction chat nor in PMs so dont make claims like this.

@Airyll
    I thought you were a pretty nice person, but you dont use Wolfgang's name like that. Nothing irritates me more than that. EQ rep is horrible because thats all people want to see. I spend the little time i have when im on helping people, that arent even in EQ. I run mantavip enough times to get sick of misfortune and im not able to level like i want to but its ok. Whenever someone asks for help and i am able to do it, i do it and i know a ton of other people in EQ who are like this.

Also, a ton of people are trying to diminish the rep of EQ. Like the guy in WC yesterday who was mad because chezeinvis killed him in the bored room in cube while he was supposedly AFK.

I am sick and tired of all you people. We work hard to try to succeed. We dont want a 1 faction map and we are trying to prevent that. What do we get in return? People making accusations about how we discipline our members. We dont have to yell in WC about (using you as an example chezedude) chezedude was kill farming level 5s in SP so we are going to boot him from faction. No...not at all...For your comfort, i will let you know. Those members in WC two days ago were disciplined and actions were taken to prevent that yesterday.

kthxbai...
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010

@Airyll
    I thought you were a pretty nice person, but you dont use Wolfgang's name like that. Nothing irritates me more than that. EQ rep is horrible because thats all people want to see. I spend the little time i have when im on helping people, that arent even in EQ. I run mantavip enough times to get sick of misfortune and im not able to level like i want to but its ok. Whenever someone asks for help and i am able to do it, i do it and i know a ton of other people in EQ who are like this.

Also, a ton of people are trying to diminish the rep of EQ. Like the guy in WC yesterday who was mad because chezeinvis killed him in the bored room in cube while he was supposedly AFK.

I am sick and tired of all you people. We work hard to try to succeed. We dont want a 1 faction map and we are trying to prevent that. What do we get in return? People making accusations about how we discipline our members. We dont have to yell in WC about (using you as an example chezedude) chezedude was kill farming level 5s in SP so we are going to boot him from faction. No...not at all...For your comfort, i will let you know. Those members in WC two days ago were disciplined and actions were taken to prevent that yesterday.

kthxbai...

Firstly, I've already apologised for that. I don't intend to apologise a second time if you cannot read the first apology - I have no reason to.

Perhaps it wasn't quite clear when I've posted: I am not saying that every EQ member has a bad attitude. I've never said this and if this is what you've picked up from any of my posts you are horribly mistaken. I am not out to get anybody in EQ (although this said, I might very well have managed to add myself to people's KoS list for my few posts on here) and I am not out to personally diminish EQ myself, either.

However, what I will do, and what I have already stated, is that you cannot come onto the forums and claim your faction has a pristine reputation when, frankly, it doesn't. I am not out here to tell you your faction fails; far from it and I have hopes EQ can make our map less red. However, when people seem to be so blind to the reputation that they are managing to earn - be that from crappy players that are later reprimanded or from anything else - I will point out the falsities of their claims.

EQ might be a very helpful. I personally would not know, I don't hang around and bother EQ members to do my quests for me because I can do those myself. However, I have witnessed EQ members come out with less than pleasant comments and be less than helpful in situations where they are supposed to be helping.

Like I said, every faction has it's bad apples. I'm not out here to bad-mouth EQ and say it sucks and if you think I've said that anywhere, you have read every single one of my posts in the wrong tone completely and that isn't my problem. I came here to point out, that while I cannot see what happens on the inside, what I see on the outside is a reputation now tarnished. To turn a blind eye to that would not be the smartest thing in the world to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    EQ might be a very helpful. I personally would not know, I don't hang around and bother EQ members to do my quests for me because I can do those myself. However, I have witnessed EQ members come out with less than pleasant comments and be less than helpful in situations where they are supposed to be helping.

I hope you don't mean me. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Lol Grav, you were far, far from my mind when I wrote that. xD I certainly didn't include you in that statement. =P Nor your hubby either. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I never made any such claims that Dynasty never made plans for Calamity. Your attempts to infer hidden demons from my simple observations do your intelligence far more disservice than your previous campaigns against "easier" factions ever did. (Although I use "easier" fairly loosely, given that Bushido did defeat you on several occasions.) I'm well aware that Dynasty has considered TW against Calamity, I merely pointed out that you were woefully unprepared for it.

Ahh my post got cut =(

Damn these long quotes >=O

I was going to re-write it but I forgot what it was I wanted to write...

Bah to hell with this! ::opens a book to read::

PS. Firefeng, I meant my original post as a synopsis of claims. It was not directed as any sort of attack to you or your post whatsoever. (I explained that and more in my post but it all got cut out, haha! That's what I get for not being familiar with the forums ::looks at post count:: b:surrender)

If you really want to bounce ideas back and forth or have a discussion of motivations in PMs, I am all for it. I like talking to well-spoken and eloquent players =)
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Kyllikki - Dreamweaver
    Kyllikki - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I got simple 5-step solution for all of you to stop this QQ and arguing:

1) don't WC anything about other factions
    2) turn off your own WC
    3) don't read puclib PWI forums
    4) if you didn't do 3) at least don't post anything to public forums about other facs
    5) relax and make love, not war b:kiss

Life isn't that serious and PWI is just a game. Go get some fresh air and enjoy the sun, spring is coming! b:cute
  • Imprisoned - Dreamweaver
    Imprisoned - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lol Grav, you were far, far from my mind when I wrote that. xD I certainly didn't include you in that statement. =P Nor your hubby either. xD

Hopefully not me either right? D=
    [SIGPIC]http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/893/doneg.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Made by Graviora (Gabriella) <3
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Hopefully not me either right? D=

↑ Nope, not you either. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010

He's also the BM who got us all killed during a Gamma 'cuz he didnt realize it was second wave. I don't think you were there. Say was. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Imprisoned - Dreamweaver
    Imprisoned - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010

OH! I didn't notice that, woops! I blame Gabbie.
    [SIGPIC]http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/893/doneg.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Made by Graviora (Gabriella) <3
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    OH! I didn't notice that, woops! I blame Gabbie.

Who? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    He's also the BM who got us all killed during a Gamma 'cuz he didnt realize it was second wave. I don't think you were there. Say was. b:cute

I wasn't there, nu.

But weren't you the cleric who got us a failed run by talking to the wrong pillar...?

Come now Grav, you can't throw around accusations like that lightly and expect it not to bite you in the ****. xD But don't worry, we love you all the same. xD

-EDIT-

BTW Imp, how can you have let me level over you? o_O I didn't even realise till I noticed your avatar on the forums. I... am kind of impressed. 8D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    But weren't you the cleric who got us a failed run by talking to the wrong pillar...?

I remember that well, but I surely have a reason to it D: I was very upset and out of it. I even told the whole squad in chat? >.>

Also, even I passed him. He's just too lazy lately.

And yay for jacking threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010

No, it's okay, everyone knows Imp is Satan. We only keep him in EQ to distract Mizuoni from making too many forum posts.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Man my trolling skills worked wonders and I had to go to the beach and miss it all b:cry

Miz! dude I miss my friends ingame too, and yeah that does include you <3 I logged in today but it seems my FL is pretty much dead now that I'm not active b:sad but I don't think I need to be playing to understand human behavior, I like how the game turned into a Dog-Cat-Mouse thing, Cala beats EQ, EQ beats Dynasty. if Dynasty doesnt allies to EQ they lose all their lands to EQ which might later lose to Calamity, achieving a red map, if Dynasty allies to EQ, they might be the new first or next on the hit list if they both fail to push back Calamity. Although I must say it would be very interesting to see a 3 way attack from Dynasty, Equinox and say HDT or Vanquish (which actually is closer and more likely to get a game schedule with Dynasty and Equinox)

Have fun next weekend!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Man my trolling skills worked wonders and I had to go to the beach and miss it all b:cry

Miz! dude I miss my friends ingame too, and yeah that does include you <3 I logged in today but it seems my FL is pretty much dead now that I'm not active b:sad but I don't think I need to be playing to understand human behavior, I like how the game turned into a Dog-Cat-Mouse thing, Cala beats EQ, EQ beats Dynasty. if Dynasty doesnt allies to EQ they lose all their lands to EQ which might later lose to Calamity, achieving a red map, if Dynasty allies to EQ, they might be the new first or next on the hit list if they both fail to push back Calamity. Although I must say it would be very interesting to see a 3 way attack from Dynasty, Equinox and say HDT or Vanquish (which actually is closer and more likely to get a game schedule with Dynasty and Equinox)

Have fun next weekend!

b:sadyou need to log on more Andres. Im halfway about to quit the game now b:surrender

@Fifi
    Imp isnt the reason i dont post a lot....the forums are just boring now
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    Teeki - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    what guild are you in whacky? im confused b:question
    Remember, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
    Perfect World International, customer dissatisfaction is guarenteed.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    @Fifi
    Imp isnt the reason i dont post a lot....the forums are just boring now

Just no sharing that pic I showed you. ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Cala beats EQ, EQ beats Dynasty.

This week we decided to mix it up a little, so it was Dynasty beats EQ, EQ beats Cala.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    This week we decided to mix it up a little, so it was Dynasty beats EQ, EQ beats Cala.

Keep it up for more than 4 weeks in a row and some people may even call it a trend b:chuckle
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Keep it up for more than 4 weeks in a row and some people may even call it a trend b:chuckle

omg 4 weeks????? R u Srs????
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    5?

10 chars
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Bump!

Man I'm not even participating on any of this weekend TWs but I'm truly excited about the 6th. Calamity faces EQ, Dynasty and Vanquish. That will be interesting!... guess I was wrong after all and Equinox can and has achieved the goal of a good alliance vs Cala eh? =P
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • TEMPL/R - Dreamweaver6
    TEMPL/R - Dreamweaver6 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    it doesn't make sense for Dynasty to keep attacking EQ.. EQ has 2 lands.. Cala has 20+ say Dynasty does end up overtaking EQ and gain a max of 2 more lands.. and even then still will have to overtake Calamity and at the same time maybe have EQ on their backs..thats one possibility or the other which is attack calamity with other factions and gain more lands since Calamity holds about 90% of the tw map.

I dont think its much of an alliance.. just common sense why have such little bit of the pie.. when the TW map is so BIG lol everybody wants their share.. and i think Dynasty(my opinion) finally realized why fight over a corner of a map with EQ.. when their is so much more lands to gain that Calamity is currently holding.

I just hope that the factions in this server DW light bulb finally turned on.. and we get aTW map full of colours like in Heaven's Tear(took them about a year to realize the same thing) instead of a 1 color map that seems to happen every time, which is not the factions fault who took it over .. but ours who let it happen b:surrender
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    5?

10 chars

OEMGEE 5 WEEKS????

nty
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    TEMPL/\R, I agree with you whole-heartedly. TW will be very interesting tonight. Good luck to all participants, and to each may you in the very least, have fun.
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • DraconLupus - Dreamweaver
    DraconLupus - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    XBushidoX is taking over on Dreamweaver.
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    XBushidoX is taking over on Dreamweaver.

If we could duplicate every single one of our members, you bet your furry hiney we would!! RAAWRR! b:pleased

But even if we don't have the TW capacity to be the strongest, we're still the shecksiest. b:chuckle

I suppose the biggest problem is that the strength of other smaller factions is greatly handicapped by the number of ambitious people. We have Vanquish, HDT, Bushido, Kindrid and many others trying to climb the ladder.

Of course there's the 200 people capacity at max and then it's really hard to tell people to just stop trying....
  • Sovy - Dreamweaver
    Sovy - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    TW is Death!!! gimme more cleric to eatb:angryb:pleased