TW dead?

Comments

• NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You gave up your lands to attack Dynasty for not attacking Calamity. Terrible idea.
  • Crimsn - Dreamweaver
    Crimsn - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    One day all of the "smaller" factions are going to decide they want to join on TW.... Cala owns more than enough land that if every piece of it were attacked by a half-way deicent faction, then they would lose at least a few territories because they can't be in 13-14 places at once with any kind of dominating squad... 40 territories held by cala... 3 days to attack.... that's an average of 13 fights going on at once.... unless they can steam roll through in 2 minuits, their going to lose something

(EQ doesn't have to be the only faction fighting CALA)b:angry
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    then they would lose at least a few territories because they can't be in 13-14 places at once with any kind of dominating squad... 40 territories held by cala... 3 days to attack.... that's an average of 13 fights going on at once.... unless they can steam roll through in 2 minuits, their going to lose something

Isn't there a fairly low number of defenses a guild can be forced to have at once?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Crimsn - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    I've never seen a mass assault on any server against any faction...... or ready anything that says there can't be
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have little interest in TW as it is, just thought I remembered hearing that a guild can only be forced into 3 defenses a night or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you can only have 3 defenses at one time per day... err rather 'hour of' tw.

Meaning that at most they would have to split up there squads into three different terriortory wars, 80 MAX in each. Which times that by 3 and that is equal to 240... max amount of players any guild can have? 200.

So regardless you are still right one day they will get ganked and lose, and fyi equinox has done this before in the past was like us (equinox) and bloodfire I believe.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Crimsn - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Right, they can't be everywhere at once, so it's eventually going to be a battle of odds... possably with people that have never even been in a TW before
  • Alaxan - Heavens Tear
    Alaxan - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What it all boils down to is pretty simple. There are far too many small factions out there that aren't capable of fighting Calamity. There are a large number of good factions that are in place that are capable of TW, but not on that scale. TW has been dead on this server for some time. It's just been beating a dead horse with the same stick repeatedly.

If Calamity decides to hit us in Inversion or Vanquish or Kindrid they know they have a land. Dynasty has sat on the sidelines taking the easy fights for some time, now they have no choice but to fight EQ or Cala. They have positioned themselves well and have a good headstart though so we will see there that turns out.

Smaller factions that want to be serious about TW need to make an active decision to merge in with another more stable faction and go from there if there is to be any hope of keeping TW interesting.

On a side note, as Leader of Inversion, we are our own faction. Equinox was a huge help to bringing us up, but I was one of those that brought Equinox up in it's beginning alongside of Zion and xXJaYXx. We do hold a close relationship with Equinox because of the relationship I have with Equinox (being a founding member).

Alaxan
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Dynasty has had its share of difficult fights. Dynasty has lost some and then won some. It has been a fighting process for them. Sure, some of their fights were a cakewalk, but certainly not all.

I don't know (I doubt anyone knows) Dynasty's true strength at the moment since the toughest opponent it has had for a long time now is us in bushido. I honestly have no idea what will happen, if EQ and Dynasty can attack Cala at the same time. Obviously both are tremendously strong, especially together, but the fact is that Cala is still dominating the playground.

It would be VERY interesting to see Cala fend off Dyn and EQ.
    But even then I fear that Cala would come out victorious... but that's only my guess.
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Dynasty has had its share of difficult fights. Dynasty has lost some and then won some. It has been a fighting process for them. Sure, some of their fights were a cakewalk, but certainly not all.

I don't know (I doubt anyone knows) Dynasty's true strength at the moment since the toughest opponent it has had for a long time now is us in bushido. I honestly have no idea what will happen, if EQ and Dynasty can attack Cala at the same time. Obviously both are tremendously strong, especially together, but the fact is that Cala is still dominating the playground.

But even then I fear that Cala would come out victorious... but that's only my guess.

Yep, Dynasty's true power is a secret b:quiet. Anyways, I doubt we can arrange a coordinated attack against Cala with EQ any time soon from what I can read from above.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just wait a few weeks/months.
    With the new BH + Hyper exp, all the small/semi successful factions will be full of level 100 folks just like Calamity is now.When that day comes the map will look different again b:pleased
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    But even then I fear that Cala would come out victorious...

Your fears are misplaced. EQ can and has beat Calamity one on one. The two factions finally achieved equal standing right until the opening of the RT server. Equinox is a casual, family faction, so while we're always at ~190 people, we have a core set of people who will always show up for TWs. We also have a large amount of European players who find it difficult to TW given the time they occur in Europe. With the Raging Tide server, we lost about ten of our core people to the new server, and various computer and life problems have interfered with a few more of our TWing people.

Every fight against Calamity in the last month or so has been with 60 to 70 people. There are a myriad of other factors involved, namely Calamity's surplus of Barbs (which has me green with envy, as I almost never see a Barb buff in TW), and even with a full 80 good, TW-ready people fights against Calamity would drag out for 3 hours for a reason; they're damn good.

While I have no idea about Dynasty's strength relative to Calamity or Equinox, it's a safe bet to assume that if both attacked at the same time, there's a good chance that Calamity would lose one of its territories. Add in Bushido or another smaller but still experienced TW faction, and you may even see Calamity losing two territories a week.

The likelihood of actually getting multiple factions to work together on a multi-pronged assault? No idea. But the rest of the server is going to have to face up to Calamity sooner or later, and Equinox is tired of being the sole faction to stand up to them while you all squabble over your 5-6 territories.
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    What I mean by saying that Dynasty's strength being a mystery was exactly what Fire said, we have no idea how it'd fare against EQ, or Cala.

But yeah, as you said, Calamity really is dominating and even if you manage to coordinate an attack with Dynasty, Calamity still has a massive member base to split their forces with. It shouldn't be too hard for them to find a fighting force to fight Dynasty and EQ. But as I already said, that is only my quess, actual truth may be very different indeed.

But don't trust Bushido in a war against Calamity. We had a small fallout in a TW against Dynasty and things are still little down. We maybe strong in relative terms, but in no shape to face ANY of the Big Three.

But as I said before, we're not staying down for good. Maybe sometime in the future we may battle Calamity, but it's not likely though.Well, only way to find out is to wait and see what happens.
  • Illyana - Dreamweaver
    Illyana - Dreamweaver Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The truth of the matter is this:

Equinox has attempted to fight off Calamity nearly single-handed for much of the last 5+ months. There are other factions out there who are capable of attacking Calamity but have not because they have feared retribution. Equinox' call to arms against the dominant land-owner have gone largely unheard. When there are no little lands for which strong factions can quibble over, alliances will be forced and Calamity will have difficulty.

For those who are current land owners or those who have held land and not attacked Calamity out of fear, your time of cowardice is nearing its end. Calamity is going to be everyone's problem very soon, but first your problem may very well be Equinox. The taste of defeat is always the most bitter at first; Equinox comes battle-hardened and well trained. May each bring their best to the fight, and in the event your faction loses, know that it is not to your opponent you are losing to, but to your long history of inaction. The red map is testament to this.
    5.0 "Pure" 8jun Sage Clawrcher of Dreamweaver
  • FockU - Dreamweaver
    FockU - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Very well said Illyana, I sign right bellow.

The time that the server had to play Sim City is coming to an end.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Very well said Illyana, I sign right bellow.

The time that the server had to play Sim City is coming to an end.

but but....i like sim cityb:sad

hai carlos! and Fifi!
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • FranzKafka - Dreamweaver
    FranzKafka - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What happens if more than 3 attacks?It happens that some are made at an earlier hour.I remember this time when we had 7 defences and 1 attack in a weekend.We had 3 tws friday at 20,1 tw at 14 hr on saturday and 3 more at 20 hr on saturday,with our attack on sunday.So this is what happens if more than 3 a day.Lol ganking...don't make me b:laugh.
    I have to say this weekend I'll wear my Dynasty t-shirt and cheer for them.\m/ Go Dynasty.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    What happens if more than 3 attacks?It happens that some are made at an earlier hour.I remember this time when we had 7 defences and 1 attack in a weekend.We had 3 tws friday at 20,1 tw at 14 hr on saturday and 3 more at 20 hr on saturday,with our attack on sunday.So this is what happens if more than 3 a day.Lol ganking...don't make me b:laugh.
    I have to say this weekend I'll wear my Dynasty t-shirt and cheer for them.\m/ Go Dynasty.

nonfactor factions....dont do much. If i remember correctly, you were done with all 3 factions in 15 minutes except the EQ one which was close to a hour but the other two factions were gone in...10 minutes...
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    edited February 2010
    Been awhile so I don't remember who they were.Eq and arma were for sure,maybe immortal too with Vic as leader but not 100% sure.Rest your average 40-50 people faction pretty much.Still we didn't used more than 100 people and most of us were getting from one TW in an another.

I heard oposing things(not about the last TW you guys did but about the other 2-3 before)some saying you guys didn't showed up,others that have done those tws agaisnt you that you guys were atleast 65-70 people on.When I was seeing those wins after 15 mins again brought back some memories.Nothing compared to what I saw when i got back at middle of december with the fish expansion.Just came back ad the first message I see after I log is"Equinox succesfully defended against Calamity".I was like"OMG you killed kenny,you ****" well something like that really thought I was on the wrong server.Well good to see things back to normal and who knows soon will have pve TW for some more carebear fun as we like it b:victory
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    People of EQ. Calamity has worked off ganks of several small factions all in under 10 minutes. Bushido once attacked Calamity and managed to hold out for 10 minutes. Dynasty is the next up from Bushido at the moment and they struggled for a long time against us.

The simple matter of the fact is that the smaller factions simply do not have the strength of EQ to even try and oppose Calamity have all been dealt with in, or under 10 minutes.

Calling other factions cowards for not attacking Cala is therefore out of order. It has been proven time and time again that all Cala has to do is to send only a handful of people in and they just steamroll through them.

Other factions will start opposing Calamity once the average lvl of their players is closer to 95 and they have at least 80 people that ALL come for TW.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Been awhile so I don't remember who they were.Eq and arma were for sure,maybe immortal too with Vic as leader but not 100% sure.Rest your average 40-50 people faction pretty much.Still we didn't used more than 100 people and most of us were getting from one TW in an another.

I heard oposing things(not about the last TW you guys did but about the other 2-3 before)some saying you guys didn't showed up,others that have done those tws agaisnt you that you guys were atleast 65-70 people on.When I was seeing those wins after 15 mins again brought back some memories.Nothing compared to what I saw when i got back at middle of december with the fish expansion.Just came back ad the first message I see after I log is"Equinox succesfully defended against Calamity".I was like"OMG you killed kenny,you ****" well something like that really thought I was on the wrong server.Well good to see things back to normal and who knows soon will have pve TW for some more carebear fun as we like it b:victory
    Oh you mean that gank. The one where immortal didnt show up and told you guys dont worry about us get EQ. And arma was gone in 15 minutes and EQ lasted close to 45 minutes.

<--Pro memory
    People of EQ. Calamity has worked off ganks of several small factions all in under 10 minutes. Bushido once attacked Calamity and managed to hold out for 10 minutes. Dynasty is the next up from Bushido at the moment and they struggled for a long time against us.

The simple matter of the fact is that the smaller factions simply do not have the strength of EQ to even try and oppose Calamity have all been dealt with in, or under 10 minutes.

Calling other factions cowards for not attacking Cala is therefore out of order. It has been proven time and time again that all Cala has to do is to send only a handful of people in and they just steamroll through them.

Other factions will start opposing Calamity once the average lvl of their players is closer to 95 and they have at least 80 people that ALL come for TW.

i forget what i was gonna say >.<
    edited February 2010
    Well we are talking about names in the end.Many ex-calamity are in Eq now(nrgy,ursa just to name 2 people I really like)and many ex-equinox are in calamity(not making names because i don't know them and never cared to know them much,well actually bellatricks is one of the best veno i know).Same goes for Dynasty,they have a 20 people that were always been dynasty and them the rest are ex-calamity and ex-equinox mostly.Now who fights who?I don't care that much anymore since in the end are mercenaries that jump from one faction to another that win.I'll say the line that should never be said:"If I was the guildmaster of one of this factions I wouldn't accept no member from the rival faction during the war.So until equinox eradicates calamity from the map(just making an irational example b:chuckle)I'm not acepting no calamity member,and viceversa of course.
    The only decent answer I remember was when Dragoonz applied a few months ago after leaving Eq:State your reason why you want to join calamity?I wanna kick Eqs ****...DENIED!!!That was a great moment and for a day it felt good that dignity wasn't for sale.Then we accepted MrLucky but that's another story b:surrender
  • WackyTaffy - Dreamweaver
    WackyTaffy - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The truth of the matter is this:
    Equinox has attempted to fight off Calamity nearly single-handed for much of the last 5+ months. There are other factions out there who are capable of attacking Calamity but have not because they have feared retribution. Equinox' call to arms against the dominant land-owner have gone largely unheard. When there are no little lands for which strong factions can quibble over, alliances will be forced and Calamity will have difficulty.

For those who are current land owners or those who have held land and not attacked Calamity out of fear, your time of cowardice is nearing its end. Calamity is going to be everyone's problem very soon, but first your problem may very well be Equinox. The taste of defeat is always the most bitter at first; Equinox comes battle-hardened and well trained. May each bring their best to the fight, and in the event your faction loses, know that it is not to your opponent you are losing to, but to your long history of inaction. The red map is testament to this.

I find it distasteful to blame others for your own failures. And I disagree with your version of history. And for the record I don't care if you attack us :P. I do care if you are rude about it though and try to turn it into a grudge match.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Everything is a matter of time.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Your fears are misplaced. EQ can and has beat Calamity one on one. The two factions finally achieved equal standing right until the opening of the RT server. Equinox is a casual, family faction, so while we're always at ~190 people, we have a core set of people who will always show up for TWs. We also have a large amount of European players who find it difficult to TW given the time they occur in Europe. With the Raging Tide server, we lost about ten of our core people to the new server, and various computer and life problems have interfered with a few more of our TWing people.

Every fight against Calamity in the last month or so has been with 60 to 70 people. There are a myriad of other factors involved, namely Calamity's surplus of Barbs (which has me green with envy, as I almost never see a Barb buff in TW), and even with a full 80 good, TW-ready people fights against Calamity would drag out for 3 hours for a reason; they're damn good.

While I have no idea about Dynasty's strength relative to Calamity or Equinox, it's a safe bet to assume that if both attacked at the same time, there's a good chance that Calamity would lose one of its territories. Add in Bushido or another smaller but still experienced TW faction, and you may even see Calamity losing two territories a week.

The likelihood of actually getting multiple factions to work together on a multi-pronged assault? No idea. But the rest of the server is going to have to face up to Calamity sooner or later, and Equinox is tired of being the sole faction to stand up to them while you all squabble over your 5-6 territories.

well, 190 ppl. thats more than calamity does.

european players? we've got a ton of those that pass out during tw. u guys cant believe the amount of snoring that goes on in vent.

raging tide? we lost our director... as well as a bunch of our lvl 100s
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Well we are talking about names in the end.Many ex-calamity are in Eq now(nrgy,ursa just to name 2 people I really like)and many ex-equinox are in calamity(not making names because i don't know them and never cared to know them much,well actually bellatricks is one of the best veno i know).Same goes for Dynasty,they have a 20 people that were always been dynasty and them the rest are ex-calamity and ex-equinox mostly.Now who fights who?I don't care that much anymore since in the end are mercenaries that jump from one faction to another that win.I'll say the line that should never be said:"If I was the guildmaster of one of this factions I wouldn't accept no member from the rival faction during the war.So until equinox eradicates calamity from the map(just making an irational example b:chuckle)I'm not acepting no calamity member,and viceversa of course.
    The only decent answer I remember was when Dragoonz applied a few months ago after leaving Eq:State your reason why you want to join calamity?I wanna kick Eqs ****...DENIED!!!That was a great moment and for a day it felt good that dignity wasn't for sale.Then we accepted MrLucky but that's another story b:surrender
    same thing i told Seraphim a long time ago

Short...posts...plox...people...dont...like...reading...long...posts...after...a...long..day...of...school...
    wtvdie wrote: »
    well, 190 ppl. thats more than calamity does.

european players? we've got a ton of those that pass out during tw. u guys cant believe the amount of snoring that goes on in vent.

raging tide? we lost our director... as well as a bunch of our lvl 100s

Calamity TWs in their sleep?

and LOL @ Director
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Space bar works in between punctuation, too. SPACE BAR.
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    FranzKafka

idk who ur main is but we accepted MrLucky way before drag left eq lol lucky as well as many others proved more than once they r nice enough to join or they wouldnt have
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • WraitHunter - Dreamweaver
    WraitHunter - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's me Loar and you know what I think in regards to eq and ex-eq people,it's not a secret.

Thanks Firefeng,I'll try that but as hard as it seem I'm still not used to this kind of formats forums use but who knows someday.Better stop here with this post or Miz will get a migraine.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Eh you make it sound like you think all of eq has the same opinion. =x

Though it does seem like you aren't giving equinox the benefit of the doubt. (of having decent people in it, capable of there OWN opinion about this whole ordeal) Fine, whatever, I am not here to try and pick a fight with you.

Hell to be franc I would have to agree with just about everything you said. =x

Also eh, other factions have been opposing you, but it sure does seem like equinox is the 'sole' faction attacking week after week after week after week, without 'other' factions backing them up every single time they attacked. Just look at this weekends tw's am glad to see dynasty to have finally attack you all, but still its a little too late, now they don't have equinox 'spear-heading' (as I believe a cala member put it) the attack, and therefore from the looks of it no other factions attacked you. I knew it was only a matter of time, however I would be respecting them (dynasty) a LOT more right now if they had attack you from the beginning. I realize that it would be foolish of them to all attack cala on the same 'day'/weekend but really like my colleague was more or less saying, they should have 'helped' when they had the chance. THOUGH, even then the chances of a lot of them being of any factor... is/are pretty slim, but you/they never know until they try, THEY are the underdogs, and will someday rise to perhaps maybe even where equinox is in the tw 'standings.'

Though again to be completely franc, there has ALWAYS been something I didn't like about dynasty haven't been able to put my finger on it, but there is something; HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I don't respect them, or wish for them to fall off the face of the map. (so to speak)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)