Ultimate Noob Genie Guide

Options

Comments

• mesmerist
    mesmerist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What does it mean when the first post stated:

VIT: Allows you to use more expensive (and powerful) skills, as well as chaining them together
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    mesmerist wrote: »
    What does it mean when the first post stated:

VIT: Allows you to use more expensive (and powerful) skills, as well as chaining them together

The more Vit you have, the more Energy your Genie will have.

Think of Energy as the MP of the Genie. You need this to cast one of the skills. If you do not have enough Energy, you cannot cast skills.

Genies start with 115 energy which is enough to use one skill at a time.

If you add some attribute points into Vit, your energy will rise enough for you to potentially use two skills back to back without waiting for the Energy to re-gen itself.

Example --> (not 100% sure on exact Energy cost as this is an example)

Extreme Poison - 75 energy to cast
    Holy Path - 75 energy to cast

With 115 energy you can only do one or the other until the Energy is renewed enough.

With 150 energy, you could holy path then extreme poison back to back.

Does that make sense?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • mesmerist
    mesmerist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Gotcha.

Spam ability X)! Thanks for the help :).
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    mesmerist wrote: »
    Gotcha.

Spam ability X)! Thanks for the help :).

b:cuteb:victory

No problem!! Good Luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nagisa - Raging Tide
    Nagisa - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I was wondering, is a genie even useful for someone who is not interested in PvP / TW? I'm pure PvE (blademaster) and leveled myself and my genie to 13. I have not yet used it or added to any stat/skill. Is the thing worth putting all that exp into, or should I consider it a small extra not really adding a lot to my PvE adventure?

I'm also a casual player. Too old and too little time to spend ;-)

Thanks in advance! :-)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I was wondering, is a genie even useful for someone who is not interested in PvP / TW? I'm pure PvE (blademaster) and leveled myself and my genie to 13. I have not yet used it or added to any stat/skill. Is the thing worth putting all that exp into, or should I consider it a small extra not really adding a lot to my PvE adventure?

I'm also a casual player. Too old and too little time to spend ;-)

Thanks in advance! :-)

You can get very good usage out of a Genie for PvE. You could just use basic skills such as Holy Path and Extreme Poison. (You would have to ask the BM section about more BM class specific skills many use).

In terms of leveling it up: I never recommend using your exp, I have just always been like that. You work hard for it! You can use Spirit but that is not recommended till much higher levels when you might have extra.

You can always really add nothing to it if you choose since it does gain a % of exp from you killing mobs and what not.

In terms of attribute points, you should not place them till you know the skills you might get, since each will have a specific attribute that will increase a certain part of the skill.

In all honesty, you do not have to have a Genie. I know some that do not have one and they do just fine. A Genie is just an added bonus!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You have wayyyyyyy to much time on your hands Reds =P
    Nice guide though.
  • Miasora - Lost City
    Miasora - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What are STR, DEX, VIT and MAG stats on my genie mean?

MAG/INT: 40 points of magic gives your genie 1 more skill slot to learn a skill
    50 points of magic increases the energy recovery rate by 1/sec

Excuse me, I have just reset my 2nd Genie's (Lvl 57) Attributes Points and made its MAG Points into 40.

But why I cant learn anymore Skill?

Everytime I wanna learn a new Skill, it said, "Insufficient Skill slot".

With 40 MAG, shouldn't it means that my Genie have/ can learn 5 Skills (slots) ???

b:cry

Please help me, what should i do? I used up too many Origination Orders already, and i dont want to waste those Attributes Points into nothing.

How can I have 1 (one) more Skill slot?

:(

Btw, does it also happens to someone else?... Is it a Lag/ Bug/ Problem??... Or is the requirement to have more Skill's slot changed???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glad days, sad days... are all brighter made with the...
    "Happy Knowledge", that our...
    Friendship will not fade.

me: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=3656331#post3656331 ^.^
    my family: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4077892#post4077892 <3
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Excuse me, I have just reset my 2nd Genie's (Lvl 57) Attributes Points and made its MAG Points into 40.

With 40 MAG, shouldn't it means that my Genie have/ can learn 5 Skills (slots) ???

Please help me, what should i do? I used up too many Origination Orders already, and i dont want to waste those Attributes Points into nothing.

Btw, does it also happens to someone else?... Is it a Lag/ Bug/ Problem??... Or is the requirement to have more Skill's slot changed???

Lucky Points 0-50: 4 Skill Slots
    Lucky Points 51-70: 5 Skill Slots
    Lucky Points 71-80: 6 Skill Slots
    Lucky Points 81-90: 7 Skill Slots
    Lucky Points 91 or more: 8 Skill Slots

Since Patch Version 188.

You had wasted those Attributes Points into nothing ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

b:surrender Yeah...it is what Magicsaber pointed out.

I did not realize that one line was still in there and I will edit it now.

Your skill slots are based on your Lucky Points since the Patch and no longer based on Magic Attribute.

HOWEVER....it is not all bad to have the 40 Mag in your Genie, as it makes your Energy Regen faster. This can be a good thing. I have 40 Mag on my main Genie just for that purposes and even though slight, it does make a difference.

I am curious to know what your Lucky Points are, considering it is a Level 57 Genie, you might be fine.

PM me in Game later if you have an question or send me a note through Mail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miasora - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm sorry, I should've read that Patch Notes :/

And you're right Reds <3 By having 40 MAG, I see the difference on its MP Recovery. This is great for me, since I keep changing between 2 Genies based on the situation. So the faster its Energy recharged is the BETTER <3<3<3

Btw, I have level up my 2nd Genie into Level 75... Yay, she can learn advanced Skills... and I also got many new Attributes Points to fill up its VIT ^^

But now... How can I get a Fairy/ Demon?... Willl my Genie changed into a Fairy once its leveled 89 itself?... Or is there any requirement, like minimum LP or something like that?

Reds... THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFO <3

ps: please dont ask about her LP... it's embarrassing -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• callam
    callam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    But now... How can I get a Fairy/ Demon?... Willl my Genie changed into a Fairy once its leveled 89 itself?... Or is there any requirement, like minimum LP or something like that?

ps: please dont ask about her LP... it's embarrassing -_-

You get a sage/demon fairy thing when you hit 89 and complete the desired cultivation quest. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the genie and fairy alternate every minute or so?

As for LP, my Psychics first genie is currently on 20/20. *fingers crossed it stays that way* >.<
    IGN: Deimos
    Faction: Modo
    Level: 2X
    Server: East, untill OB when I'll switch to EU
    Guild: None for the moment.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    callam wrote: »
    You get a sage/demon fairy thing when you hit 89 and complete the desired cultivation quest. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the genie and fairy alternate every minute or so?

As for LP, my Psychics first genie is currently on 20/20. *fingers crossed it stays that way* >.<

^ This

And yes it does "alternate" when you have your Genie equipped, about every minute or so. Tbh, I have never timed it but would rather have my fairy out b:cute

@Miasora --> Glad it is working out b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• callam
    callam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Tbh, I have never timed it but would rather have my fairy out b:cute

They should make a display option for that. >_> I've always said that genies spoil the sense of achievement of getting a fairy, which imo should be the only thing that flies around your head to show how dedicated you are. =/
    IGN: Deimos
    Faction: Modo
    Level: 2X
    Server: East, untill OB when I'll switch to EU
    Guild: None for the moment.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    callam wrote: »
    They should make a display option for that. >_> I've always said that genies spoil the sense of achievement of getting a fairy, which imo should be the only thing that flies around your head to show how dedicated you are. =/

I agree...before Genies your fairy was a symbol. I remember when I saw my first one, I was very confused....b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ewingoil
    ewingoil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think it might help Rose if you enhanced your guide for all classes what genie works best xxx class and some basic skills.This is entirely up to you though.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ewingoil wrote: »
    I think it might help Rose if you enhanced your guide for all classes what genie works best xxx class and some basic skills.This is entirely up to you though.

The problem with that is....everyone builds them differently.

I always suggest to read some of the threads in the respective class sections or to make a new thread with the questions.

There are generally 2-3 skills that work for most everyone but with many having multiple Genies, it is hard to say. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miasora - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hi... b:bye

Btw, my Genie has just learned an Advance Skill: Phoenix Dance. Here is the description:

29qbjsz.jpg

Effect:

zwdukm.jpg

(look at the Phoenixes come out of my genie to attack the target and deal decent damages based on dex, plus reducing attack level)

So, I would love to ask your opinions about this skill. As a support Cleric, other than healing, I also love to de-buff target (mob, boss etc.) to help tank. So I ussually use Cleric's de-buff skills (Seals) between spam heals. But what if I currently RB or BB? I cant attack/ de-buff while channeling. That's why I was thinking about teaching my genie any de-buff skills.

Beside another Genie's de-buff Skills: Extreme Poison (20% more damage), Impact (reduce gear defense), Tangling Mire (AoE reduce phys def and slow target) I ever learned... is this Phoenix Dance (AoE Metall Damage and reduce target's Attack Level) any worth to learn?

If not, please... can someone suggest/ recommend me any advance skill that worth to learn for a support Cleric?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hi... b:bye

Btw, my Genie has just learned an Advance Skill: Phoenix Dance. Here is the description:

(look at the Phoenixes come out of my genie to attack the target and deal decent damages based on dex, plus reducing attack level)

So, I would love to ask your opinions about this skill. As a support Cleric, other than healing, I also love to de-buff target (mob, boss etc.) to help tank. So I ussually use Cleric's de-buff skills (Seals) between spam heals. But what if I currently RB or BB? I cant attack/ de-buff while channeling. That's why I was thinking about teaching my genie any de-buff skills.

Beside another Genie's de-buff Skills: Extreme Poison (20% more damage), Impact (reduce gear defense), Tangling Mire (AoE reduce phys def and slow target) I ever learned... is this Phoenix Dance (AoE Metall Damage and reduce target's Attack Level) any worth to learn?

If not, please... can someone suggest/ recommend me any advance skill that worth to learn for a support Cleric?

Gratz on learning the skill!! I for one am not a huge fan of the skill but did use it for a bit before changing it. mainly because I needed room for a different one.

In terms of de-buff skills, I am a huge fan of Extreme Poison and have had it on my Genie for many levels and great for when in BB.

Tangling Mire is a good one, but I find that quite a few people have it (and I hate the effect...LOL...but not a reason to not get it). Impact is kind of a blah skill imo and even more so since it would seem you have a Dex build Genie (this goes for Tangling Mire too).

It is better to get the skills that both work for you and that will benefit from your Genie's overall build.

And I might mention a good skill (Dex based...although not a debuff):

Seal

Level 1
    Genie lvl 35
    Spirit 3.720
    Wood 4 - Earth 4
    Range 15 meters
    Energy 95
    Stamina 600
    Instant
    Cooldown 60 seconds
    Requisite Race Winged Elf, Untamed

Creates a magical seal that has 15% chance to silence the target for 3.2 seconds.

Dexterity: Every 2 Genie Dexterity points increases the success rate by 1%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miasora - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Erm... but Bosses are ressist to Seal. So, it might be only good on solo or PvP ~

Anyway, it seems that Extrem Poison is the essential skill to learn for a genie. Well, I dont want to reset my Zeal again (she's STR build due to Second Wind and Tangling Mire). Maybe it's time to level my Discipline (currently Lvl 55) and make her DEX build to master Holy Path and Extrem Poison ^.^

I really appreaciate all the Info and Guide, thank you very much Reds <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't know if I'm just blind or what but I don't see "Second Wind", or "Holy Path" on the skill list.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't know if I'm just blind or what but I don't see "Second Wind", or "Holy Path" on the skill list.

Second Wind: (@ level 1) [Fourth Row/7th to the Right]

Genie lvl 10
    Spirit 240
    Wood 1 - Earth 1 - Water 1
    Energy 70
    Stamina 50
    Instant
    Cooldown 60 seconds
    Requisite Class All
    Instantly heals you for 170 hp.
    Strength: Every Genie Strength point increases the healing by 2%.

Holy Path: (@ level 1) [Seventh Row/8th to the right]

Genie lvl 25
    Spirit 1.680
    Metal 2 - Wood 2 - Earth 2
    Range 10 meters
    Energy 75
    Stamina 400
    Instant
    Cooldown 1 second
    Requisite Class All

Increases the movement speed of yourself to the max for 3.3 seconds.

Dexterity: Every 100 Genie Dexterity points increase the duration by 1 second.

From Here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• aleipho
    aleipho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    figured i would bump since i couldnt find without google search
  • aleipho
    aleipho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    mod ..... sticky
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    aleipho wrote: »
    figured i would bump since i couldnt find without google search

Sorry, I know it can be a pain to find. b:surrender
    aleipho wrote: »
    mod ..... sticky

Thank you very much for the suggestion b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• phonub
    phonub Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    my genie is level 10 on my cleric and it says 9/10 lucky point(zeal) and a level 13 genie(also a zeal) on my veno and it says 3/10 lucky point the good one is the cleric's one? o.o'?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    phonub wrote: »
    my genie is level 10 on my cleric and it says 9/10 lucky point(zeal) and a level 13 genie(also a zeal) on my veno and it says 3/10 lucky point the good one is the cleric's one? o.o'?

So far the far better one in terms of Lucky Points. More worth continuing to level that one then the other.

Gets difficult considering that you cannot get first evolution will you have 41 LP and that would be at a minimum of Level 50.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• phonub
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i've been leveling their mag is that bad? ._.' i didnt read this pose yet so i didnt know what the stat meant b:cry it has like 30 mag atm should i just level the mag to 50 then level other status? :x thanks for fast reply btw

edit: is there a way to reset stat?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    phonub wrote: »
    i've been leveling their mag is that bad? ._.' i didnt read this pose yet so i didnt know what the stat meant b:cry it has like 30 mag atm should i just level the mag to 50 then level other status? :x

Read the entire guide and then if you have any questions ask b:victory

Magic increases the recovery rate of the Genies energy which is a good thing, but I would not put all into Mag as there is no affect on your skills in terms of duration or damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• phonub
    edited February 2010
    Options
    MAG/INT: 50 points of magic increases the energy recovery rate by 1/sec

so shouldnt i just finish that 50 mag points? b:surrender

or should i distribute it to different areas like strength and vit and dex ect...