Ultimate Noob Genie Guide

Comments

• shuz
    shuz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If you want to change your genie, and you have enough celestone frag./human celes to do it, where is the Gem trader to turn those into Mirage Celestones? I can't seem to find it, but I can find the Watcher guy fine. O.o I'm in the city of the plume btw.
  • Miyatanaka - Heavens Tear
    Miyatanaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    finaly got the answers I was lookin for XD
  • kloyuh
    kloyuh Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    great info rose thanxs for the guid keep up the good work
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well done Rose! A few discrepancies include where sometimes you call MAG (the genie stat) INT, which is what it was called in PW-MY, I believe. Other times I thought you were talking about Affinity when you were talking about Attributes. But all in all, there's a huge amount of helpful information in this guide and it's a job well done.

Also, for clarification, it takes 40 points in MAG to unlock a 4th skill slot, and 80 points to unlock a 5th. 5 is the max. There are also Origination Orders and Stones of Refreshment in the Boutique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Evernette - Dreamweaver
    Evernette - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Great guide! I read from page 1 until pg 22! I have understood most of what people said! Right now I have restarted as a cleric and received a white (vitality) genie.
    My questions are...

1) Will I not know the luck of my genie UNTIL it become lvl 10? Is there no other way to find out before then?

2) Why shouldn't I infuse exp with my genie? Can't I just go attack more monsters to make up for it? I am currently lvl 11 with my cleric. (I can't remember, but spirit and exp...when I infuse with the genie must I infuse both exp and spirit? Or can I just infuse one? Exp is easier to come by...i think...I can't remember really...)
    edited November 2009
    Okay, I'm not Reds, but I'll do my best.b:surrender
    1) Will I not know the luck of my genie UNTIL it become lvl 10? Is there no other way to find out before then?

It gains a random amount of Lucky Points, between 1 and 10, every ten levels. Its 'luck' could change at any time, for example at level 10 it could be 10/10 Lucky Points and at level 20 it could be 11/20 Lucky Points.b:shocked
    2) Why shouldn't I infuse exp with my genie? Can't I just go attack more monsters to make up for it? I am currently lvl 11 with my cleric. (I can't remember, but spirit and exp...when I infuse with the genie must I infuse both exp and spirit? Or can I just infuse one? Exp is easier to come by...i think...I can't remember really...)

You can just infuse one or the other. There are three options to infuse: Spirit, EXP or EXP cubes. EXP cubes are made from decomposing genies (you can do this at the Watcher of the Earth) and they turn into cubes that hold some of the total exp they had before they were decomposed. You can infuse these into another genie, or sell them. You can also get a few cubes from quests.

I always use SP, because EXP is too valuable. Level up, kill more monsters faster, and have more SP total to infuse. Also, you get like 4 exp per 1 spirit into your genie, while it's 1 exp per 1 exp if you use your own EXP. So when your genie starts to need 600k exp to level..that's 2.4m player EXP.b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Glad you all found the guide useful!! b:cute

There have been some changes to the Genie's, but I have yet to change a few things considering much of the guide still applies.

The main difference now is that Your LP's will determine the amount of skills you can get, therefore The Mag attribute points you put in will be used for the purpose of the Rate of Energy regeneration. Therefore, putting 40 points in Mag is not necessarily a bad idea.

Also, some skills have been changed.

Okay, I'm not Reds, but I'll do my best.b:surrender

It gains a random amount of Lucky Points, between 1 and 10, every ten levels. Its 'luck' could change at any time, for example at level 10 it could be 10/10 Lucky Points and at level 20 it could be 11/20 Lucky Points.b:shocked

You can just infuse one or the other. There are three options to infuse: Spirit, EXP or EXP cubes. EXP cubes are made from decomposing genies (you can do this at the Watcher of the Earth) and they turn into cubes that hold some of the total exp they had before they were decomposed. You can infuse these into another genie, or sell them. You can also get a few cubes from quests.

I always use SP, because EXP is too valuable. Level up, kill more monsters faster, and have more SP total to infuse. Also, you get like 4 exp per 1 spirit into your genie, while it's 1 exp per 1 exp if you use your own EXP. So when your genie starts to need 600k exp to level..that's 2.4m player EXP.b:shocked

^ Excellent!!

I never recommend putting EXP into your Genie, but I know many who do. You do not have to use just SP, it is ultimately up to each individual. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Vraii - Sanctuary
    Vraii - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    In regards to lucky points: At what point would you advise giving up on your genie and starting a new one? My genie is now level 41 (I'm 42) and has 27/40 LP. Is this a good ratio? It it falls down to, say, 50% of max should I start a new one?
    edited November 2009
    In regards to lucky points: At what point would you advise giving up on your genie and starting a new one? My genie is now level 41 (I'm 42) and has 27/40 LP. Is this a good ratio? It it falls down to, say, 50% of max should I start a new one?

Mine is 28/50 and still going strong. At level 42 with a genie that close to your level I wouldn't give up on it, just because that's skill-suicide when you're so short on SP at those levels. Or level-icide if you use EXP to infuse. b:shocked

Just my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Mine is 28/50 and still going strong. At level 42 with a genie that close to your level I wouldn't give up on it, just because that's skill-suicide when you're so short on SP at those levels. Or level-icide if you use EXP to infuse. b:shocked

I somewhat agree with Falon, but in all honesty it really is up to you.

I know a lot of people who have gone through numerous Genie's to get them as close to perfect as possible.

However, I would say get it to level 60 before determining anything. The evolutions happen at 41, 51 and 61 LP's. So I think that you have time.

Up to you, but the more you try the more sp and exp you are going to use. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vraii - Sanctuary
    Vraii - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Right now its exp suicide because I thought it might be beneficial for me to level up my skills now while I help a friend catch his new barb up to me. When it does get to 60 should I trash it if its under 40? 45? I just dont want to waste time with a fail genie if I dont have to.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Right now its exp suicide because I thought it might be beneficial for me to level up my skills now while I help a friend catch his new barb up to me. When it does get to 60 should I trash it if its under 40? 45? I just dont want to waste time with a fail genie if I dont have to.

Unless you are REALLY lucky, you will most likely not get the "perfect" Genie on the first try.

I have my first and only one and it did not go to 4th evolution until much later in levels. But, I was lazy and did not want to deal with it. I now have 3 Genie's, I had 4, but only my main one has good LP's. The other one is for luring and the 3rd is only for Rebirth.

Like I said, it is up to you, but you do have time as I am a believer that Genie's do not reach their full potential till higher in level with the Character.

There is no true "good" answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hey RedsRose, great guide.

~Saitada
  • helga1
    helga1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Where do I find these chistones?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    common
    super rare
    green--blue--purple--gold--orange

And where exactly do we FIND these colors on our Genies? I have looked on my Genies stat page. no colors.

Never mind, read through some of the posts and found the information I was seeking.

~Saitada
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    And where exactly do we FIND these colors on our Genies? I have looked on my Genies stat page. no colors.

Never mind, read through some of the posts and found the information I was seeking.

~Saitada

TY and glad you found it b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tetherer
    tetherer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    [delete]needs deleted[/delete]
  • astartre
    astartre Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    why isnt this guide stickied? took me some time to find 1 on genies
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    astartre wrote: »
    why isnt this guide stickied? took me some time to find 1 on genies

b:cute TYVM!!

I have this Guide here and on the PWI Wiki as well...still trying to find some time to do a little bit of updating though...

Glad it helped b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• marcelshimizu
    marcelshimizu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hey please, can u put some tips for builds for genies?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Hey please, can u put some tips for builds for genies?

The main reason I did not do this is because it will have ALL to do with what skills you are going to get and what class you are.

I would suggest looking into your respective class forums (or make a post) and see what they suggest.

The problem is you cannot just make 1 build for your Genie. I actually spent a lot of time testing and choosing skills before placing my Affinity and Attribute points. So much so, that I can exchange out 22 different and useful skills on my main Genie. I did this because I can change a skill based on what I will be doing.

Also, some have Genies for different things. I have 2 Genies. My main genie (PvP and Pve), one for Rebirth and one for luring mobs.

It is just a matter of what you are going to be using it for and what the needs of your class and your play style is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    New Information has finally been updated...Sorry for the Delay b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Illlluminati - Heavens Tear
    Illlluminati - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hi i play a phy and i was given a green genie (with DEX) which i thought i did something wrong and no use for a phy, so i dispose it and thought i can get a new one. But turn out it cost 3 celestrial stone that i don't have (i should have check before i dispose them into exp stone)

So i have no genie, and can't get a genie just yet before collecting everything i need to get new one.

You think it's worth all the efforts to get it? i am at lvl 21 now, which i thought it's bit late now......

what should i do b:sad

cheers
  • Ohmai - Dreamweaver
    Ohmai - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm a psy as well and would be very thankful for someone who'd reply with which genie to start with and what stats and skills would work best for a PvE psychic? I tried looking up on the psy section but could not find a complete answer to this... So, any opinions on what kind fo genie would complement the psychic class the best?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Hi i play a phy and i was given a green genie (with DEX) which i thought i did something wrong and no use for a phy, so i dispose it and thought i can get a new one. But turn out it cost 3 celestrial stone that i don't have (i should have check before i dispose them into exp stone)

So i have no genie, and can't get a genie just yet before collecting everything i need to get new one.

You think it's worth all the efforts to get it? i am at lvl 21 now, which i thought it's bit late now......

what should i do b:sad

cheers

It is not to late! You can get a genie at any level. The main reason people want the Genie to level with them is due to the experience you can gain from grinding (for your genie) and due to the experience penalty. Meaning, the higher your char is to your genie the higher the experience penalty will be (in simple terms).

I would recommend getting a genie as soon as you can, however you do not HAVE to have one at any particular level.
    I'm a psy as well and would be very thankful for someone who'd reply with which genie to start with and what stats and skills would work best for a PvE psychic? I tried looking up on the psy section but could not find a complete answer to this... So, any opinions on what kind fo genie would complement the psychic class the best?

Which Genie to start with does not really matter. What matters more is how you plan on building it and the skills you are going to use.

The only difference between the genies is the placement of the attribute points and of course the color/look.

It is all in how you build the Genie. However, I can say that the Vit (White - Discipline) Genie has a starter skill for speeding up flying which can come in great handy [Wind Force - Increases Flight Speed by 50%].

I know as of right now my Psychic is working towards a Dex Genie, seeing as most of the skills I have on Rose would seem to complement this magic class also.

Hard to say though since since these are so new...one can only assume what works for other magic classes will work for this one. But when it comes to Genie's, people build what is right for them. I wish I had a better answer for you b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• gmxkinto
    gmxkinto Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My god!That was so much T_T.But now I know extactly what to do ._.

b:surrender
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    gmxkinto wrote: »
    My god!That was so much T_T.But now I know extactly what to do ._.

If you have any questions let me know, I do my best to answer all of them.

But glad you know what to do now b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sealion_man - Dreamweaver
    Sealion_man - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have a question: At what point should I start using my genie?

Because as of right now, I leveled 2 genies to lvl 20, both of which have gotten less than 4/20 LP b:sad . I destroyed them both... So I'm waiting for a somewhat good genie to waste spirit and coins on. The question is, at which level does having a genie become essential (Or reallllllly useful) and how many LP should I aim for (something like 30/40... or I could settle with worst than that and still have a fairly good genie?)

Thanks in advance
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    I have a question: At what point should I start using my genie?

Because as of right now, I leveled 2 genies to lvl 20, both of which have gotten less than 4/20 LP b:sad . I destroyed them both... So I'm waiting for a somewhat good genie to waste spirit and coins on. The question is, at which level does having a genie become essential (Or reallllllly useful) and how many LP should I aim for (something like 30/40... or I could settle with worst than that and still have a fairly good genie?)

Thanks in advance

When you start to use your Genie is up to you...However....The sooner the better due to the exp penalty. The higher level you are to the Genie, the higher the penalty will be. Also, it is nice that the Genie can level and gain exp from you when equipped.

I hope you saved the Genie exp cubes for your next Genie. There is a penalty for these, but could be of great help in leveling another one.

In terms of how many LP's you should go for...As good as you can get it. Now the number of skills you can get is dependent upon the LP of your Genie so you obviously want good ones.

Getting the best LP is essentially luck. Therefore it might take a while. I know many in their 9x level's that are still constantly trying to level Genies for the best of the best. IF I HAD TO say...I would get one with at least 51/70 LP. This will give you 5 skills with a few chances to learn at least 2-3 more skills based on a level 100 Genie.

Does this help?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sealion_man - Dreamweaver
    Sealion_man - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    When you start to use your Genie is up to you...However....The sooner the better due to the exp penalty. The higher level you are to the Genie, the higher the penalty will be. Also, it is nice that the Genie can level and gain exp from you when equipped.

I hope you saved the Genie exp cubes for your next Genie. There is a penalty for these, but could be of great help in leveling another one.

In terms of how many LP's you should go for...As good as you can get it. Now the number of skills you can get is dependent upon the LP of your Genie so you obviously want good ones.

Getting the best LP is essentially luck. Therefore it might take a while. I know many in their 9x level's that are still constantly trying to level Genies for the best of the best. IF I HAD TO say...I would get one with at least 51/70 LP. This will give you 5 skills with a few chances to learn at least 2-3 more skills based on a level 100 Genie.

Does this help?

Yes it does! Thanks a lot b:pleased