TW Discussion - Twilight Temple

Comments

• Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    that wouldn't be all that fair to nef b:surrender

but i guess what am saying is allow the defender to say how many he wants to defend against. for example some of the days i rather fit 6 tw in one. so to be fair, put a min to 3 and allow defender to increase in increment of 3. that way it won't **** over anybody triple attack, but this will just speed up all the tw to end faster.

and on the topic of attacking us. if you can't win, why bother? unless you have coins to burn. or your faction members wants it. Being on the map gives faction something to boost their rep. i can see why some people might hold off attacking nef. getting kick out of the map might be worst for some.

It already is this way, to an extent. When you attack and with whom is all determined by where on the map you are attacking. This is how Regi, RR, and Legendary have been able to coordinate attacks. The burden of defending rests solely on the defending faction's shoulders. You want to hold all of those lands? Well, then you better be able to defend multiple fronts. Logically, this makes far more sense than allowing the defender to choose when to defend. Did Iraq get to choose when they would be attacked? No, because that would just be stupid.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think by now I would rather have the useless Nef allied factions land locked by Nef. Should they lose land all they can do is throw off bids of serious factions to protect Nef as they have done in the past; that or wait until a non-Nef faction establishes a presence on the map to try and take land from them.

I heard it best from the Enelysion Director a while back, "this server is dead". It's because TW-able factions choose to ride out on the disgusting faux-sympathy of Nef. They (Nef) have already made it pretty clear they want total map domination. So what happens when your faction loses its land and then Nef takes it from whoever took it from you? Pretty soon those of you who choose to do nothing to stop Nef really won't be able to do anything. You can bet Nef only bides their time for a non-friendly faction to take land, like Eminence holding land. Nef won't directly attack their little puppet faction, but they will take the land from the people who beat Emi. As far as I can see, Enelysion shares the same fate unless they decide to actually do something.

I don't understand the desire to work with Nefarious. The real fun of this game lies in beating the best, proving your own worth. There is no glory for pawns, only those who choose to take a stand to change the way things are.
  • By_uL - Sanctuary
    By_uL - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what about vice versa?

the attackers get the choice of when they attack b:cute

would be an interesting development

^This is actually reality in the past few weeks of TW's. The art of bidding isn't a surprise to faction leaders, at least i hope so. Our opponents have there way of when to attack and what order to do it on.

In reference to Dan, I think everyone strives to have fun in TW. Accusing our "Allies" (i honestly didn't know we have any) of not attacking is relatively weak when in reality there simply is not enough unity on the server yet to develop a formidable alliance to attack other than RR,Leg,Regi. I hope i didn't sound overconfident, it's just from my knowledge of how other factions stack up. Let the server grow and develop more, TW will get more and more exciting. :)
  • SarahC - Sanctuary
    SarahC - Sanctuary Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I heard it best from the Enelysion Director a while back, "this server is dead". It's because TW-able factions choose to ride out on the disgusting faux-sympathy of Nef. They (Nef) have already made it pretty clear they want total map domination. So what happens when your faction loses its land and then Nef takes it from whoever took it from you? Pretty soon those of you who choose to do nothing to stop Nef really won't be able to do anything. You can bet Nef only bides their time for a non-friendly faction to take land, like Eminence holding land. Nef won't directly attack their little puppet faction, but they will take the land from the people who beat Emi. As far as I can see, Enelysion shares the same fate unless they decide to actually do something.

Ooo gooooood :) Moar please <3 Keep bringing up Enelysion. I simply saw that if Nef was going to continue to defeat the 3 attacks from what I see as the three strongest factions, then umm TW on this server is dead, not the server, lmao. But thats ok, like I said, moar please. The sympathy you speak of is hilarious. I think we know that eventually we can be taken off the map by Nef, but please continue to remind us, we forget sometimes b:sad LMAO. ^_^

I guess I havnt posted this in awhile...

SarahC
    Rebel&Pawn Director

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    "Anyone wanna doing cube atm?" - Aya
    "I click Release Corpse and it tells me I can't perform this action while dead." -Saveless
    Enelysionb:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ooo gooooood :) Moar please <3 Keep bringing up Enelysion. I simply saw that if Nef was going to continue to defeat the 3 attacks from what I see as the three strongest factions, then umm TW on this server is dead, not the server, lmao. But thats ok, like I said, moar please. The sympathy you speak of is hilarious. I think we know that eventually we can be taken off the map by Nef, but please continue to remind us, we forget sometimes b:sad LMAO. ^_^

I guess I havnt posted this in awhile...

SarahC
    Rebel&Pawn Director

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    just a simple question.
    Will you guys be fighting nef while you have land, or tw only when another faction attacks yours? =o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ^This is actually reality in the past few weeks of TW's. The art of bidding isn't a surprise to faction leaders, at least i hope so. Our opponents have there way of when to attack and what order to do it on.

In reference to Dan, I think everyone strives to have fun in TW. Accusing our "Allies" (i honestly didn't know we have any) of not attacking is relatively weak when in reality there simply is not enough unity on the server yet to develop a formidable alliance to attack other than RR,Leg,Regi. I hope i didn't sound overconfident, it's just from my knowledge of how other factions stack up. Let the server grow and develop more, TW will get more and more exciting. :)

You're right about there not being enough unity on the server, that's somewhat correct. But you know, it didn't take unity for people to gank Outlaw until they were off the map. And it also didn't take unity for people to gank Legendary every week for months until they were off the map too, so I only have to wonder what's the difference this time around?

Maybe not ally factions, but sister factions/etc factions that have to World Chat for people to attack them to do TW is relatively weaker, don't you think? :)

Well we are letting the server grow and develop more, that's for sure, but it can only last for so long after all. The times Regicide were wiped off the map were the times Nef started to pick off the other guilds. So I don't know how long that's going to last though. We're buying the other factions time to build up. But the way things are looking now, I don't think they should take it for granted because anything could happen really. It'll be exciting so long as the entire map isn't Red I guess.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    MiStAiSa - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yay for rainbow colored map b:victory
  • Sinangel - Sanctuary
    Sinangel - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    outlaw was "ganked" because outlaw core left after their leader was inactive. Something similar for nef would the equivalent of our top 50 members all getting pissed and leaving for nef to decay to that point. Your words show desperation, the fact that leg abandoned the alliance since they realized that only reg was gaining from it at all is rather unbecoming.

I suggest you do what leg did and reconsider, what are your goals. To get on the map, profit, or honor. You can't have all 3 but you can have 1 out of the 3.

On the happy note, I will be seeing you guys in tw this week instead of going to the partner tws. It will be fun and invigorating to see personally how strong you guys got w.o having an ally that is able to pull a quarter of our force.

Good luck everyone.
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    YAY! sinangel is back with his epic words of wisdom...let the lulz begin! b:laugh
  • Tannzie - Sanctuary
    Tannzie - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    seems like a LOT of nefarious people getting butt hurt in here and a few from outside, well as for posting from my real name huh, you think am crazy to do so and get kicked from Nefarious, loose my weekly pay nah, thank you but am happy this, the problem is your taking this the wrong way, all i said are facts, deep down there inside you all know it is too, so why not try and change it ?

and as for getting to choose whom to defend and when to defend, seems like your scared to take in regi and RR together ? anyways sin as usual go on love it when ya do *it*, now don't anything pervert *it* = his stupid comments and unwise wisdom :P

anyways nef seems like you don't learn from your mistakes, do you ? well see everyone during the TW time

@fishpup
    thanks for the wonderful post, i really got no words to describe the most of it, but to be truthful there is a handful of people who could emphasize on the fact that they know more than me as in about those people you quoted up there, and trust me none are there in the game any more, Nishtara ~ gone, Verge ~ gone, HolyInferno ~ gone, Deva ~ gone, Ferril ~ gone, Mini ~ gone, Sinanju ~ gone, so now the facts are if these people are gone who are you to assume that i don't know anything about those people ? And if am wrong please do correct me, i would love to rectify myself if am wrong, if at least you can prove me wrong.
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    sin just to rectify you , outlaw got ganked yeah true, but people didnt really leave cause the leader was inactive, the prob initially was pockey being inactive but then when pockey decided to pass leadership to GreyFangs thats where MCP and another guy got angry, forgot his name though, and yeah they led the others to nef.

if am not wrong they shifted the very day but an hour or 2 earlier as to when grey got Leadership, but it was already announced by then that he would get leader.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • fishpup
    fishpup Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The main person I was refering to was me. If you don't know your facts or twist what you know about I suggest leaving me out of your posts as I have done nothing to you or anyone else in a derogatory manner.
  • Tannzie - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    first i dont see the name *fishpup* on my post nor do i remember seeing any *fishpup* in Nefarious either, but if your name is up there on my post and this is your alt, then feel free to prove me wrong, am always open for contradiction, but yeah be logistic :)
  • Tannzie - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Oh wait are you sin on an alt ?? lol probably got too much of hate eh ? but sin <3 you
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    Varscona - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i lol'd
    Oh plz don't hide. Let us all know who you really are.
    so says fishpup
    Well I for one am happy that I can give you some enjoyment

failure at hiding identity sin, why even bother switching?
  • OT_W - Sanctuary
    OT_W - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think for the smaller landowning factions there are reasons not to attack Nefarious. And the immature flaming of these factions is just not needed.

Put yourself in their shoes. As long as they own land they can have fun TW. Not 5min rolls but they actually get to fight fun tws where they have a chance to win. And attacking Nefarious will probably just mean that you get wiped of the map and then it is back to only 5min rolls by Nefarious. A lot of us out there do not care how the map looks and just want to have some fun while it is possible.

I was in legendary but left for another faction and I have to say I am having a lot more fun in tw there now than getting rolled by Nefarious. Yes at some point we will be off the map no matter if we attack Nefarious or not but we want to have some fun as long as we can, why attack Nefarious and make it shorter? After we are off the map we can still attack Nefarious.

Yes you can flame me saying but soon Nefarious will take you off the map. And yes you can say we are Pawns but that just shows me you do not care if we have fun you just want us to do what would be favorable for you. And if the entire map owned by Nefarious in a month then so be it.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    just a simple question.
    Will you guys be fighting nef while you have land, or tw only when another faction attacks yours? =o

You will have the definitive answer to that next week. It's in discussion right now.

Suffice it to say whichever action (or inaction) we choose, it will be what's best for Enelysion, not for the sake of some map colors.

Although personally I think some more yellow would look right pretty. b:cute
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I think for the smaller landowning factions there are reasons not to attack Nefarious. And the immature flaming of these factions is just not needed.

Put yourself in their shoes. As long as they own land they can have fun TW. Not 5min rolls but they actually get to fight fun tws where they have a chance to win. And attacking Nefarious will probably just mean that you get wiped of the map and then it is back to only 5min rolls by Nefarious. A lot of us out there do not care how the map looks and just want to have some fun while it is possible.

I was in legendary but left for another faction and I have to say I am having a lot more fun in tw there now than getting rolled by Nefarious. Yes at some point we will be off the map no matter if we attack Nefarious or not but we want to have some fun as long as we can, why attack Nefarious and make it shorter? After we are off the map we can still attack Nefarious.

Yes you can flame me saying but soon Nefarious will take you off the map. And yes you can say we are Pawns but that just shows me you do not care if we have fun you just want us to do what would be favorable for you. And if the entire map owned by Nefarious in a month then so be it.

nef attacks 1 land a week...so that reasoning kind of fails considering you can hit them and wait your turn to be wiped or wait your turn to be wiped anyway. besides, what are you afraid of? why are you so sure you won't get land again even though you got land in the first place?
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Whats up with all these low level alts posting? Why not just post under your real character's name? Whats with all the secrecy?

To you current land owning factions: you can sit like hens on your little eggs and wait to be steamrolled by Nef or you can at least have a go and be proud saying that you gave it your all in the name of your faction to expand. (with the exception of RR and Regi. I got big love for RR, so many buddies in there b:kiss That is a faction that is gonna take a gamble and play their cards.)

IMO, a faction that sits on their pretty 1 piece of land and does nothing is a faction that obviously has no long term goals and is easily satisfied with the crumbs that the Red Beast has given them to sustain them long enough, until they are chewed up and spit out later on.

It not like there are many options b:surrender

P.S. I use Red Beast with the fondest of adoration and respect b:chuckle I just like the nickname.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Whats up with all these low level alts posting? Why not just post under your real character's name? Whats with all the secrecy?

LOL...Pot, Kettle, Black b:chuckle
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    but the little psychic avatar just looks like a little *****. it's so fun to troll with it
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    fishpup is venopup if no one knew <_< duh >_>
  • HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    please refrain from flaming each other you stink bombs
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i is not an alt, i post from here and only here

and yeah fishpup is Venopup's barbarian.

OH and i is not flaming anyone ..... but is loving to read the falmes <3 it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • bloodredmage
    bloodredmage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Enter a new PWI chapter - The revolution of alts .

Keep that fire burning !
  • MiStAiSa - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Enter a new PWI chapter - The revolution of alts .

Keep that fire burning !

where you at girl b:dirty
  • Tannzie - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    The reason I am on alt is really simple, am in nef, although I love it but recently its not that much lovable, so you can say that I am in Nef for the TW pay which runs my day to day life on the game, though the money stuff is secondary and still my love for the faction is there right on top of any priority, now why I post here the so called *negative* stuff about nef , cause these are the issues these people need to take care of, I cant do it on nef forums or cant to do it with my main cause the reason is simple = I will get kicked, cause in nef you are not allowed to speak your mind, its more of a dictatorship than democracy, you speak one word out of line and you get the Ban Hammer.

As to the others who are trying to guess who I am, keep trying.

And yeah Venopup a.k.a fishpup, I accept your *accusation* that I don't know as much about you and what you say is correct but as I have stated earlier, prove it that I am wrong, that too not with smart words but with logic, you cant deny those really tricky faction hopping you did can you? Don't tell that you didn't leave and join factions like that. But yeah if there was a noble reason behind it then well please enlighten us about it. I did be more than happy to correct myself. Oh and sorry that I thought you were Sinangel's alt, I apologize for the insult I did.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    LOL...Pot, Kettle, Black b:chuckle

lol b:chuckle

Not

Im not a low level, and this isnt my alt. Get the facts straight, kthnx

Why am I not surprised that at least 1 Regi person had to say something smart alec? Its really unnecessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    lol b:chuckle

Not

Im not a low level, and this isnt my alt. Get the facts straight, kthnx

Why am I not surprised that at least 1 Regi person had to say something smart alec? Its really unnecessary.

I never said it was a low level alt, I said it was hypocritical, because lets face it....not many people know who you REALLY are
  • fishpup
    fishpup Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    First off I need to apologize, Fishpup was my archer but deleted char and made Venopup and now Fishpup is my barb alt but its how I signed up originally. Second I don't need to explain my behavior to anyone other than to those I already explained to (which is reason I am in Nef). If you wish to personally know then come to me with your real Nef char and I will be glad to explain it to you, but its no one else's concern. Again main point? Leave me out of your discussions unless you can face me with who you really are.