• Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    HA wiz... >.<
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    tweakz wrote:
    Last time I was in TT with my Wiz, I think I only used ~30% of my available MP. Times I've needed pots were when my toon died, or for fail / incomplete squad.
    This was on a 1-1, and the wiz was low 60s, and didn't have the MP to last through the Chintien fight without meditating halfway through. I don't know if he wasn't a pure build, or hadn't leveled wellspring quaff, or what his problem was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The fact that I'm sage allows me to solo most TT bosses, and I don't get any increase attack speed with fists if I were demon anyways since I'm already at the max attack rate.

Why the hell would you solo TT bosses and **** your charm in the first place...just log a cleric and heal yourself and save a couple of 100k <.<

Pretty much every 90+ has their own slave cleric on a different account to log for heals/buffs no clue why you wanna waste money charm tanking bosses. Not like doing TT is a huge pve achievement anyway, you can do it 99% afk b:chuckle

And back to the mistake department:

Arcane venos using misty Forrest rings. Actually any veno using Misty Forrest rings in pvp. I see it so often and its always the oracle babies. Doesnt make any sense at all since our mele attack/skills does 0 dmg in pvp. Even if you're full strength build, heavy armor and lvl 11 mele mastery you wont even tickle ppl if you fight in fox form.
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Why the hell would you solo TT bosses and **** your charm in the first place...just log a cleric and heal yourself and save a couple of 100k <.<

Pretty much every 90+ has their own slave cleric on a different account to log for heals/buffs no clue why you wanna waste money charm tanking bosses. Not like doing TT is a huge pve achievement anyway, you can do it 99% afk b:chuckle

because random aggro would one shot most low lvl clerics? have you thought about that?

and do you not think 200k-300k charm is negligible compared to 8mil worth of mats?
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    And back to the mistake department:

Arcane venos using misty Forrest rings. Actually any veno using Misty Forrest rings in pvp. I see it so often and its always the oracle babies. Doesnt make any sense at all since our mele attack/skills does 0 dmg in pvp. Even if you're full strength build, heavy armor and lvl 11 mele mastery you wont even tickle ppl if you fight in fox form.

I would have to disagree with you there... A high refined weapon sharded with garnets and melee mastery with might rings can bring your physical attack up pretty high. That said, they should probably have a set of might and magic rings both for the different occasions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I did just retire one of my misties for a L12 +10vit ring and took a hit on +atk. (97 pure mag veno here) My main rings are -6% OHT.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would have to disagree with you there... A high refined weapon sharded with garnets and melee mastery with might rings can bring your physical attack up pretty high. That said, they should probably have a set of might and magic rings both for the different occasions.

Ditto, though I prefer my axesb:dirty
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I'm a sage archer that has a set of fists for dps.

Is that weird? yes. but is it fail? I don't think so.

And before you say oh thats really because of my expensive gear and +10 fist. I will let you know that my dps with fists matches a fist BM with similar gears and same refinements with max -interval and demon spark.

It's true that I can't use any of my bow skills while using a fist, but I always have the option to change to bow whenever neccessary. fists are ONLY for dps (enough to take down a 20k hp fully buffed charmed barb in less than 8 seconds). The fact that I'm sage allows me to solo most TT bosses, and I don't get any increase attack speed with fists if I were demon anyways since I'm already at the max attack rate.

Now for the people who are going to mention how much I spent to gear those gears. Yes I did spend more than most people at first to get some of my gears. But after I was able to use lunar claws, I farmed TT to get the refinement on most of my current gears (including 80% of my TT100 fist), which is not that hard when I can do 3-2 in one hour for an average profit of 8mil.

most peope must be an understatement b:chuckle.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I'm a sage archer that has a set of fists for dps.

Is that weird? yes. but is it fail? I don't think so.

And before you say oh thats really because of my expensive gear and +10 fist. I will let you know that my dps with fists matches a fist BM with similar gears and same refinements with max -interval and demon spark.

It's true that I can't use any of my bow skills while using a fist, but I always have the option to change to bow whenever neccessary. fists are ONLY for dps (enough to take down a 20k hp fully buffed charmed barb in less than 8 seconds). The fact that I'm sage allows me to solo most TT bosses, and I don't get any increase attack speed with fists if I were demon anyways since I'm already at the max attack rate.

Now for the people who are going to mention how much I spent to gear those gears. Yes I did spend more than most people at first to get some of my gears. But after I was able to use lunar claws, I farmed TT to get the refinement on most of my current gears (including 80% of my TT100 fist), which is not that hard when I can do 3-2 in one hour for an average profit of 8mil.

Solo 3-2 ? b:shocked
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ditto, though I prefer my axesb:dirty

When a pure mag can steal aggro from a Herc with Bash using melee mastery in fox form, I can only imagine what an HA or Axe Veno can do.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Speaking of Assassins a while back my friend mentioned that Dex doesn't do jack **** for their attack. Just their crit rate, accuracy, and evasion; all the normal stuff that dex works toward and that when they add strength their base attack does go up, and when they add dex it doesn't.

I'm going to keep track of it more closely to make sure they're right though, I don't like buying reset notes. @_@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Common Mistake
    hmmm people worrying about how others gear/play their character, rather than concentrating on how to play their own properly b:laugh
    Right, because how other people equip and play their characters never affects you. It's not like you ever squad up with these people, right? b:chuckle

A common mistake I see is impatient barbs and archers causing (near) party wipes due to failed genie pulls when a veno is available to do the pulls more safely. I must have seen this about a half-dozen times by now where they got almost everyone killed or nearly killed because they couldn't wait three seconds for the veno to set up and send a pet to pull. b:angry

BTW, just for reference regarding PDef shards on arcane; for clerics:
    Vanguard Spirit: Grant the target additional physical defense equal to (15-60)% of equipment value for 30 minutes.
    for venomancers:
    Fox Form: Physical defense increases by (60-120)%, accuracy increases by (100-200)%, and maximum MP falls by (30-20)%.
    and for wizards:
    Stone Barrier: Adds (10-120)% Earth resistance and an extra (10-120)% physical defense for 15 minutes.
    so any PDef they have is amplified by those skills. Even on PvE servers this can be handy in TW and other situations. Admittedly it isn't for everyone, but it's not always a mistake either.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Rebirth delta wave 4, archer d/cs

Cleric: a poo, she d/c again, pass me lead so I can add her back...

b:surrenderb:cry
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    believing you have a right to a mob only because you hover your mouse over it.

really all the QQ threads about KSing are getting annoying.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    A common mistake I see is impatient barbs and archers causing (near) party wipes due to failed genie pulls when a veno is available to do the pulls more safely. I must have seen this about a half-dozen times by now where they got almost everyone killed or nearly killed because they couldn't wait three seconds for the veno to set up and send a pet to pull. b:angry

Impatient archer here. If the veno knows her business, there shouldn't be opportunity for others to pull. She should be disengaged and looking for the next target before the last pulled mob is dead. I have better things to do than wait around for someone to do their job.

Besides, if your squad can't handle a blown pull, you need to work on your playing ability. It moments like that that provide interest in otherwise stone-cold boring TT and BH runs anyway. Live a little.
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hey, I use that cape on my veno and I'm arcane.b:surrender

It gives more hp than every other cape I've found.b:victory

+10
    and on side note more then 1 of my charecters can use it sense account stash stone. o.o"

>.> (10k+ element def when buffed @ 90 , don't see manta doing much then >:])
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    believing you have a right to a mob only because you hover your mouse over it.
    QUOTE]

Making radiculous statements based on failure to read the thread or failure at reading comprehension.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furtive - Heavens Tear
    Furtive - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Speaking of Assassins a while back my friend mentioned that Dex doesn't do jack **** for their attack. Just their crit rate, accuracy, and evasion; all the normal stuff that dex works toward and that when they add strength their base attack does go up, and when they add dex it doesn't.

I'm going to keep track of it more closely to make sure they're right though, I don't like buying reset notes. @_@

Yes, dex does help sins attck, but at early lvls it adds so litle dmg that it seems str is the one rising their dmg: dont worry, dex does affects sins dmg u will see this later on in game
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It is weird for an archer to have fists? Since when? I have seen quite many archers who uses fists on bosses at the begining (after ST) and then move to bow. Some does it to not steal aggro... but sometimes still steals even with fists... I see no mistake in fist archers. Triple sparking fist archer can hurt a lot...

As for common mistake - considering veno op... wizzy is overpowered instead.
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Seeing a 75 barb with less than 7600 HP with lvl 10 HP buff and in tiger form
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

Seeing 90+ barb with 8k hp with hp buff (in human form)
  • Basingeth - Lost City
    Basingeth - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Being in a squad with a level 78 barb. who doesn't know what aggro is . . . .
  • BarbHammer - Heavens Tear
    BarbHammer - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Being in a squad with a level 78 barb. who doesn't know what aggro is . . . .

Beat me.

68 BM saying he isn't a noob but doesn't know what a DD or Aggro is.
    I do as the Romans do, I wash my hands of thee.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    101 bm who cant keep aggro from average 93-94 LA veno
    82 barb who runs from Adawolf boss in FC and refuses to tank it cause he is too scared from it
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2010

seeing a 7x barb with less than 6k hp in tiger? b:sweat
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    82 barb who runs from Adawolf boss in FC and refuses to tank it cause he is too scared from it

Haha lmao, are u actually being serious? b:laughb:chuckleb:laugh.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Unfortunately... yes... I was serious b:sweat
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    Enzio - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2010

FC, Frostcovered Gound like FF? I hear many different terms reason for asking.
    Why is the Rum gone? TELL ME NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUb:angry
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Yea, that lvl75+ instance, not fb51
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yea, that lvl75+ instance, not fb51

There are still squads that accept people below the high 80s?