Post a Common Mistake

Comments

• Xserionx - Sanctuary
    Xserionx - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    a common mistake eh? how about a sin with heavy plate or overly high points on other stats complaining they can't use better weapons or don't do as much damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Truth and Time oft intertwine...For in Time is Truth revealed...
  • MeatbunXD - Dreamweaver
    MeatbunXD - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Wings of Cloudcharger on an arcane cleric... sharded with a sapphire gem... b:quiet
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i repeat:
    any archer with a sage fairy.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I once saw a sin who was going for a "High STR" build, because he thought str meant damage for sins.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    - Tauran chieftain cape on arcanes always gives me a LOL (so do elemental and evasion ornements on arcanes..)
    - unrefined Might rings on a cleric
    (one cleric told me it was the ONLY ring he could find with +vit ..
    and one told me it increased attack on plume shot b:laugh)
    - HP shards on a weapon (sorry but you want your weapon as strong as possible no?)

also
    Crappy arcane armour with incomplete elemental resistances. I mean...the only real plus to arcane is the superior magic def....so why leave big holes in it? O.o
  • LingBanamu - Sanctuary
    LingBanamu - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    pand0ra wrote: »
    - unrefined Might rings on a cleric
    (one cleric told me it was the ONLY ring he could find with +vit ..
    and one told me it increased attack on plume shot b:laugh

I've had a cleric almost insist that I buff her with strength of the titans on my barb, because she though that it would increase her plume shot attack. Luckily I managed to spell it out and convince her otherwise. >_<

-Ling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    - HP shards on a weapon (sorry but you want your weapon as strong as possible no?)
    According these words:
    ☆Ashura's Sign - best,
    ☆Acalanatha Wand - same as previous,
    ☆Grief's Breath - trash,
    ☆Sakyamuni's Light - good.

Is it so ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ive got a good one guys ive seen countless lvl 7x+ chars with unidentified addons on equipment wtf is so hard bout going to the elder and droping 100 coins and seeing what addon you have..... i saw a lvl 90 cleric with gear like that one time i asked if he knew where to go to identify items..... he said wtf does identify mean i laughed called him a noob and walked away
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Common Mistake
    hmmm people worrying about how others gear/play their character, rather than concentrating on how to play their own properly b:laugh
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Common Mistake
    hmmm people worrying about how others gear/play their character, rather than concentrating on how to play their own properly b:laugh

well since im only on here while im selling a few things you must not be refering to meb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    THE #1 most common mistake made in all of PWI is..... using common and/or world chat as a trade channel.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ive got a good one guys ive seen countless lvl 7x+ chars with unidentified addons on equipment wtf is so hard bout going to the elder and droping 100 coins and seeing what addon you have..... i saw a lvl 90 cleric with gear like that one time i asked if he knew where to go to identify items..... he said wtf does identify mean i laughed called him a noob and walked away

Good Job.

You went to the time and trouble to point out the problem, and then whizzed on his shoes when he asked for the *minimum* of help.

Stay Classy!

RedMenace

\sarcasm, in case you missed it
    \\FAIL human, you is
    \\\BTW, *Jughead*, you drop 100 coin at the *Merchant* - you don't have to go to the elder
    \\\\<music> The More You Know...</music>
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Good Job.

You went to the time and trouble to point out the problem, and then whizzed on his shoes when he asked for the *minimum* of help.

Stay Classy!

RedMenace

\sarcasm, in case you missed it
    \\FAIL human, you is
    \\\BTW, *Jughead*, you drop 100 coin at the *Merchant* - you don't have to go to the elder
    \\\\<music> The More You Know...</music>

+1 lol

what a DB that guy is
  • Rumble - Harshlands
    Rumble - Harshlands Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    He's the heir to the Massengill fortune.
  • Piximin - Lost City
    Piximin - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2010

not every1 go for PvP ya know, Hp Shards on weapon are good for barbs pulling catas on TW or Tanking in Instances, Unless ur a fail barb and cant hold aggro witout an attack shard...

oh and, Red people asking for their stuff back when they get pkk'd and b:cry ing
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Arcane's with elemental attack's in their weapon.

Heavy's with mag def in their armour.

Arcane's with phys def in their armour.

Believing the economy will get better.

New players believing some of the posts people make on the forum.

Thinking Krimson and Mantavip where the hardest thing on PW b:surrender.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    barbs with **** gear and only a load off hp
    who say its the clerics job to keep the alive and that gear doesnt matter
    (im talking about barbs with npc gear 20lvls+ under there level with some good hp addons and nothing else)
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010

b:victory to this
    face the might of Lava ambasador b:shocked
  • razorback08
    razorback08 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Arcane's with elemental attack's in their weapon.

Heavy's with mag def in their armour.

Believing the economy will get better.

New players believing some of the posts people make on the forum.

You obviouslly dont know about pvp builds
    edited January 2010
    You obviouslly dont know about pvp builds

The amount u would gain from is minimal and congratulations on going faceless to post something silly as you can see im on a PvE server and no where near high enough to consider being able to PK successfully without being violated so yea ermmm thanks for that.

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Many of us do this, we check out other people equips, then say to ourselves: "wtf?"

Cape of Tauran Chieftan on an Arcane.

Your turn. ->

...I have that cape. b:sad

A friend gave it to me, so I'm not complaining if it's free!

b:laugh

...I am trying get it traded in for the other, better cape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    The amount u would gain from is minimal and congratulations on going faceless to post something silly as you can see im on a PvE server and no where near high enough to consider being able to PK successfully without being violated so yea ermmm thanks for that.

thats wrong on so many levels :\...

cleric with its own buff can have 5-7k def depending on refines and vit :| my guild leader has 10k def with her gems and never dies.

arcane veno can have 12-14k def in sage fox form... wizard can have 10k+ def with sage/demon stone barrier...

hp kind of means nothing if youre built like a brick wall in pvp. pure citrine is asking to get murdered by an archer in a shot or two if they get lucky on skill crits.
  • razorback08
    razorback08 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Learn about some classes before posting useless and false information

Using Metal attack stones for a cleric is actually better then using Magic attack. For 2 reasons

1. Most of your attacks are metal
    2. There cheaper so you can get a much higher grade

and as for the stones, Why wouldnt a cleric use physical defense shards? Sure you could argue all day that HP is better then P-def but in the end cleric needs both so why would using pdef be any worse?

And FYI this information is relavent to both Pve and PVP so saying you play on a pve server makes no difference

PS armour refine gives HP NOT pdef
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Using Metal attack stones for a cleric is actually better then using Magic attack. For 2 reasons

metal shards only add metal damage to melee attacks, they contribute nothing to skills. get a sapphire for magic.
    edited January 2010
    Learn about some classes before posting useless and false information

and as for the stones, Why wouldnt a cleric use physical defense shards? Sure you could argue all day that HP is better then P-def but in the end cleric needs both so why would using pdef be any worse?

PS armour refine gives HP NOT pdef

It isn't false information at all.

Cheaper doesn't make them better in any way shape or form, yes we are metal elemental thanks again for pointing this out to me i had obviously forgotten. if what you say is true that magic shards are worse than metal shards why has every god damn cleric got metal shards or why haven't veno's got wood shards?

The amount of stones you need to make a big enough difference isn't worth it, unless of course your made of money in which you can buy the top grade shards you can wear.

Hmmmm i don't remember mentioning refine either but thanks once again for this piece of information.

• AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    metal shards only add metal damage to melee attacks, they contribute nothing to skills. get a sapphire for magic.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Evb - Heavens Tear
    Evb - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    HA Venos on a PvE server
    Any nuker class as LA - instead of doing one thing really well, you now doing everything half-assed
    "I understand the logic. This logic isn't very useful when in use"

"Not many people look inside deer"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    Many of us do this, we check out other people equips, then say to ourselves: "wtf?"

Cape of Tauran Chieftan on an Arcane.

Your turn. ->

I have one, and I'm an arcane, works perfectly for me.
    I really don't see the problem

EDIT: for any gear combination we think is strange, there is probably someone doing it out there. If they can make it work, they'll continue doing that. Just because you haven't considered it a viable option doesn't make it so
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    In FF pulling to door instead of pulling to shade.

When you pull to shade and then ALL THE WAY back , you get hit twice as much plus it takes longer to do that, to avoid that simple and common mistake all you have to do as a cleric is RUN to shade/end of the hall after barb and set up BB.
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    In FF pulling to door instead of pulling to shade.

When you pull to shade and then ALL THE WAY back , you get hit twice as much plus it takes longer to do that, to avoid that simple and common mistake all you have to do as a cleric is RUN to shade/end of the hall after barb and set up BB.

LOL WUT

b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...