Sage Wizard VS Demon Wizard : the full thread

Options

Comments

• JaneGray - Lost City
    JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm just wondering, I hear a lot about demon being more 'one-on-oneish' while sage is more for tw's. Why is this? I'm more interested in going demon so please let me know. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm just wondering, I hear a lot about demon being more 'one-on-oneish' while sage is more for tw's. Why is this? I'm more interested in going demon so please let me know. Thanks!

Demon fast channeling.
    Sage =....sage BIDS.
    b:surrender
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

One reason. Sage BIDS.

Gotta love those magical criticals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    One reason. Sage BIDS.

Gotta love those magical criticals.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p114/DarkSol01/Critproc.jpg
    b:surrender
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    storehammy wrote: »

b:dirty

...that's gonna be me in 8 levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • CrashmanOl - Dreamweaver
    CrashmanOl - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    storehammy wrote: »

hmm... wonder how many people started throwing their keyboards and cursing out from that one...
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    b:dirty

...that's gonna be me in 8 levels.

http://i46.tinypic.com/5pmp9j.jpg
    thats gonna be me in 2.3 levels!

Weird how the book says "Ice Dragon Strike"... missing the Black :D
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    MY VERSION:

Pyrogram

Sage: 20% for +30 chi
    Demon: channeling=1.2 secs.

Personal: Definitely Demon.

Pyroshell

Sage:+150% fire res (not 120%); +12 hp regen
    Demon:HP regen=15 (not 12); +120% fire res

Personal: Demon.

Crown of Flame

Sage: 6546.95 damage over 15 secs (436 each second)
    Demon: 5693 damage over 12 secs (474 each second)

Divine Pyrogram

Sage: enemy also loses 20% fire res
    Demon: channeling=2.5 secs (not 3)

The Dragon's Breath

Sage: 20% chance to stun
    Demon: 25% to gain 500 HP

Personal: Definitely Sage.

Will of the Pheonix

Sage: cooldown=7 secs (not 8)
    Demon: increases the AoE of the skill by 50%

Personal: Definitely Demon. Will of Phoenix is already pretty fast to begin with, but that 50% area of effect is awesome.

Emberstorm

Sage: reduces damage taken by 25%
    Demon: 50% chance to stun for 3 secs

Personal: DEFINITELY Demon.

Blade Tempest

Sage: 50% chance to cast with only 1 spark
    Demon: 50% chance to cancel current skill of target.

Personal: Personal Preference I would say. I'd prefer Demon because what am I gonna use 1 spark for? If I'm having enough time to get another spark or two to do another ulti, then I should have already killed him/her or they shoulda killed me. But tie.

Fire Mastery

Sage: +25% fire dmg (not 20%)
    Demon: +1% critrate.

Personal: Sage.

Gush

Sage: slow effect(8)+1 second
    Demon: +600 water damage

Personal: I would prefer 600 extra damage EVERY SINGLE TIME I cast it (and I cast gush a LOT) then sometimes slow them a bit more and for only one more second, so Demon.

Glacial Embrace

Sage: 150% Water res (not 120%); +12 mp regen
    Demon: +15 mp regen (not 12); + 120% water res

Personal: Demon.

Morning Dew

Sage: 10% chance to fully heal.
    Demon: +600 hp healed over 9 secs.

Personal: 10% is far to rare, Demon FTW.

Frostblade

Sage: 30 min duration (not 15)
    Demon: +50% Water dmg (not 40%)

Personal: Demon PWNS this all over the place. 50%... damn. And who cares if I have to click it every 15 minutes, it takes like 1 second to cast the thing.

Glacial Snare

Sage: -20% water res for target
    Demon: 2.1 sec channel (not 2.5)

Personal: Definitely demon.

Black Ice Dragon Strike

Sage: 50% chance to increase cirtrate by 30%(!!!) for 10 secs
    Demon: 20% chance to cast without a spark

Personal: DEFINITELY Sage. But I want to talk a little about this spell. Sure everyone has seen Haiz's video (God bless him...) and yes, I will admit, Sage Bidds when it happens is **** AMAZING. But let's do the math.

50% to only have 30% Crit rate for 10 seconds. If you do the math correctly that's about (roughly) 16%. So 16% you will hit a crit with BIDS (which already takes nearly forever to cast...) and realize OH SHT I HAVE CRIT FOR 10 SECONDS. In about 10 seconds you can cast maybe 3 spells, give or take 1 depending on which ones you use. So for those 2-4 spells that you cast you will hit a crit, and probably kill anything. That's good. That's pretty good, but it's not as good as people think. It would take a lot of skill to cast BIDS and immediately know you have crit, then select 3 other people and cast 3 other crits on them. I think this is good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think that it's a reason to go sage. It's only 16%. That means when if your in a TW and you kill 100 people, you'll definitely kill 16 people and maybe 5-10 more (IF and only if your able to select someone else and crit them... and IF and only IF you kill everyone you select with one shot...) while the other 84 people NOTHING will happen, except you just casted an ulti, wasted sparks, and don't have any left. IJS.

Water Mastery

Sage: +25% water dmg (not 20%)
    Demon: +1% critrate.

Hailstorm

Sage: doubles the damage if freezing suceeds.
    Demon: 50% chance to freeze (not 33%)

Personal: DEFINITELY DEFINITELY DEFINITELY Demon FTW. Every other time you cast it you'd be freezing someone, which guess what, ENABLES MORE TIME TO CAST MORE DAMAGE. Sage only doubles the damage of a crappy spell to begin with only 1/3 of the times.

Stone Rain

Sage: 1.6 sec channeling (not 2)
    Demon: 20% chance to stun target for 5 secs

Personal: Although I like the 1/5 chance to stun, 1/5 is not too often, so I'd say Sage here.

Stone Barrier

Sage: +150% earth res (not 120%); +120% pdef
    Demon: +150% pdef (not 120%); +120% earth res

Personal: Are you serious? Jumping up from 120% Pdef to 150? OMFGHAXORZWTHROTFLMAO. That's crazy good. That's awesome good. That means against ALL classes that aren't magic (which are a lot, barbs, archers, bms OH MY...) you'd be defended an additional 30% pdef. Think about it, how often do you cast Stone Barrier before entering a BH/RB/TW/FB... umm, everything? Always.

Pitfall

Sage: -20% speed to target (not 15%); +15% chance to freeze
    Demon: 33% chance to freeze (not 15%); -15% speed to target

Personal: Demon FTW.

Sandstorm

Sage: -accuracy effect(10)+5 secs
    Demon: +1.2k earth dmg

Personal: Same as gush. Sure it's not too much more damage, but that's 1,200 extra damage EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU CAST IT. And if your like me (at least at my level) Sandstorm is my bomb spell, so I always use it at least once.

Force of Will

Sage: +3m AoE
    Demon: (20)-2 channeling

Personal: Demon > 1v1 and Sage > ?v1, so tie.

Mountain's Seize

Sage: 50% chance to cast without a spark
    Demon: (30)+5 range

Personal: I don't use this too often except when I wanna see a cool spell, but I'd say Demon, once again, because it's a pretty powerful attack to begin with, and with all that range you could cause some damage.

Earth Mastery

Sage: +25% earth dmg (not 20%)
    Demon: +1% critrate

NOTE: when looking down at all masterys in total, its +15% dmg on fire/water/earth for sage, against 3% crit for demon. if the critrate of demon works with all spells, it could be rather badass. but ionno.

NOTE 2: I agree, sage wins over masteries.

Distance Shrink

Sage: (20)-10 chi cost
    Demon: (30)+5m teleport

Personal: I personally don't think it's that important to be able to distance shrink all over the damn place unless your in a TW, but if your not an extra 5 meters of a jump is nice. That's a little bit more time to cast a spell. The sage version is nice as well, but wizards are the hardest hitting class in the game, I don't think they should be zig zagging all over the place to avoid getting hit, they should be HITTING the opponent and wiping them out quick. So I think this one is a personal preference. Tie.

Wellspring Quaff

Sage: +100% Matk for 15 secs.
    Demon: -20% channeling time for 15 secs.

Personal: Both are nice, but if with extra 20% time decreased, you can cast a lot more spells, so Demon. Shorter time - more spells = quicker death. It doesn't matter if it does more damage if you die before you can even cast it.

Spark (you forgot this one...)

Sage: 700% weapon damage and reduce all damage taken by 25% for 15 seconds.
    Demon: 700% weapon damage and increase casting speed by 25% for 15 seconds.

Personal: DAMN. 25% Less channelling time? DEMON FTW baby! Cast BOOM cast BOOM cast BOOM. (With extra 700% damage...) Demon, hell to the mtherfcking yeah.

Overall: Demon obviously wins (from my perspective). You have better channelling, more damage, and the 150% pdef is, at least for me, enough to go Demon. Sage is nice for 3 things, Chi, BIDS, and masteries. But keep in mind masteries are only 15% of the time, which means that 85% of the other time nothing will happen. Sure it's not better than a slightly elevated crit rate (oh wait, it is...) but it's not that much of a difference, and at least you can DEPEND on learning to play without those masteries. Chi is nice of course but only during TWs when you can cast ultis... and ulties take so long to cast in the first place! I'd only use all that chi for casting sparks... but if your sage then your just gonna get more defense. BIDS is awesome but not all it's hyped up to be, sure it can kill 15 people at once, but think about it this way, it's either 1/6 to cast crit for SAGE BIDS, or 1/5 to cast with saving a spark. The more you play and pk/tw or whatever, those numbers are gonna climb higher than each other. For instance, if you kill 100 people and are demon, 20 of those times you get a free spark, but if you kill 100 people and are sage, you've gotten that crit for 10 seconds 16 of them. A thousand = 200 times with spark, and 160 times with crit, so the numbers split off the more you play. I definitely am going Demon. But I would like to know why most people think you should go sage if your a wiz. I just don't understand why people think this way.

Sage: 4
    Demon: 18
    Ties/Undecided: 3
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Here is my list:

Pyrogram
    -Sage- half a spark if it procs and because its a spamable skill, you can get a good amount of chi

gush
    -demon- ya the extra damage

stone rain
    -sage- you do the damage of sandstorm in 1.6 seconds = win

barriers
    -sageee- the 30% pdef from demon doesnt make much of a difference imo

pitfall and CoF
    -are you serious?

hailstorm
    -sage- of course demon has more freeze chance but get this, if sage freezes, it does a DoT over 4 seconds. Add in skills you use while the enemy is frozen= more damage than demon hailstorm.

Divine Pyrogram
    -sage- the debuff is gonna be great. I hate when i have to waste time using undine on the enemy. It may be less than undine, but its something you can do while still attacking.

morning dew
    -sage- it already heals for a good amount, 10% chance for full HP isnt bad when healing a barb

dragons breath
    -sage- stun + enemy cata = win

Wellspring Quaff
    -sage- ninja spark

WotP
    -i dont even use this skill that much, so i dont really care, sage though because this skills aoe already gets me in enough trouble :\

frostblade
    -are you serious?

Sandstorm
    -ever since i leveled my glacial snare, im starting to use this skill less and less. I dont really care....but demon extra damage is better than 15 second accuracy decrease

emberstorm
    -demon- 50% aoe stun, but demon mages on my server only use it for the lulz, not seriously.

glacial snare
    -same as divine pyrogram

Force of Will
    -sage- im a TW wizzy, and there have been times when an aoe FoW couldve helped

Ultis
    -sage- no contest

Masteries
    -sage- btw, at JaneGray, the masteries are passives so they are always active. You always get 25% of your damage stacked on to your attack. Considering how much 25% is, thats a lot.

Hope this helps jane
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    blah blah blah from failz LA mage who went psychic !

Hope this helps jane yada yada yada...

All these coming from you.... though I agree on Sage masteries are always active and it will help more on the long run.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    barriers
    -sageee- the 30% pdef from demon doesnt make much of a difference imo

pitfall
    -are you serious?

hailstorm
    -sage- of course demon has more freeze chance but get this, if sage freezes, it does a DoT over 4 seconds. Add in skills you use while the enemy is frozen= more damage than demon hailstorm.

Divine Pyrogram
    -sage- the debuff is gonna be great. I hate when i have to waste time using undine on the enemy. It may be less than undine, but its something you can do while still attacking.

Wellspring Quaff
    -sage- ninja spark

WotP
    -i dont even use this skill that much, so i dont really care, sage though because this skills aoe already gets me in enough trouble :\

glacial snare
    -same as divine pyrogram
    lmao you're an idiot
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lmao you're an idiot
    sorry, i dont like undining my target every 12 seconds, it really annoys me. Ya, it channels fast and everything, but a second i waste undining is a second i couldve been nuking.

pitfall....why are we arguing about DoTs, i keep mine at level 1 and they are staying there.

barriers, that 30% pdef doesnt make much of a difference. I know wizards with lvl 10 barriers who can get 9k-10k pdef easy. 30% more pdef isnt a huge culti changing decision for me imo

hailstorm
    -i like it how it is, it works and i learned to use it as a hit or miss thing(if it doesnt proc, too bad, if it does, yipee!)

wellspring
    -ninja spark!

nix
    if i get the sage/demon version of this, i will put it in the AH. I dont really ever use this skill. Rarely in FC, if i can aoe the mobs into a wall and everything else is in cooldown.

All these coming from you.... though I agree on Sage masteries are always active and it will help more on the long run.

I never wanted to go LA, but because i was on a new server i had to do it in order to rebirth(they wouldnt take arcanes unless they had like 50+ vit and im anti-vit). I made it work for me and its bearable. I went to psy because its the kind of class i wanted to play. Deal high damage while still being useful. The jack of all trades thing is appealing to me and its a magic class :P
  • shadowvzs87
    shadowvzs87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Pyroshell

Sage:+150% fire res (not 120%); +12 hp regen
    Demon:HP regen=15 (not 12); +120% fire res

u ever used this in pvp? i no, and in pve for me the mana regen more better than max 10% less dmg.

Pyrogram

Sage: 20% for +30 chi
    Demon: channeling=1.2 secs.

more spark burst=more mana (in pvp i dont really used, i prefer the sutra+nukes)
    Blade Tempest

Sage: 50% chance to cast with only 1 spark
    Demon: 50% chance to cancel current skill of target.

more spark=>more often sutra or spark burst
    Frostblade

Sage: 30 min duration (not 15)
    Demon: +50% Water dmg (not 40%)

how much 10% eq dmg if u play with barb or bm? here i think this skill is very useless,exclude against pattack immune boss
    Stone Barrier

Sage: +150% earth res (not 120%); +120% pdef
    Demon: +150% pdef (not 120%); +120% earth res

its nice if u are unbuffed and sht eq, because after u reached 8k pdef (at 8x i got ~7k with all buff with arcane gear) the difference between sage and demon is around 2-3% absorb :surrender: if u dont belive u can test on pwcalc.ru
    Sage: 700% weapon damage and reduce all damage taken by 25% for 15 seconds.
    Demon: 700% weapon damage and increase casting speed by 25% for 15 seconds.

Personal: DAMN. 25% Less channelling time? DEMON FTW baby! Cast BOOM cast BOOM cast BOOM. (With extra 700% damage...) Demon, hell to the mtherfcking yeah.

hehe dont stacking with psyhic buff or priest red buble or with dark Wellspring Quaff or with sutra. if i want fast chain then i use +50vigor sage skill and vigor (=chi) gainer skills and i use sutra or potion, but i prefer the nuke skills and i pray for crits, else mainly just hiero tick and target wake up and run away. 25%absorb here, why? i want reduce dmg what i get in 1vs1 agaist veno or ea, that not much but with archer few times this saved my life (i used my friend dark wizz but now my wizz lv88 too with 2xlv79 and 4x holy skill so its obviosly [i get few skill for free because holy skills is cheap])

from earth nuke the +1200 dmg in pvp is 300 dmg but still that better,same like Will of the Phoenix and stone barrier (only here have lower difference than alot ppl think)
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Nothing can be better, that have enough chi. Chi is key to success. If nothing else I'm totally independent of mana now. No more mana pots, or charm, or apothecary. It's huge advantage over demon. Thanks to genie cloud eruption, master li technique, sage pyro, elemental shell. I can 3spark very often, which gives me 20% mana back. Which is 2800 mana back in my case. I'm little afraid, when I will obtain -channeling gear. I will spend more mana for second. Then maybe I will need again few mana pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadowvzs87
    shadowvzs87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lemme say again to demon path who think that dark earth barrier is **** nice.

220% pdef vs 250% pdef
    when u are full buffed will lv10 bm and cleric buff then ist

350% vs 380%
    (100% = ur eq(~ur pdef without any buff), 120% = barrier, 60% = cleric buff, 70% = bm buff)

that 30% difference will be less and less physical attack absorb difference when u got more pdef (higher refined belt/necklance) or buff (cleric/bm)

(u get few from con/str but that pretty low so i dont count that)
  • Trancesend - Harshlands
    Trancesend - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lmao you're an idiot

Krisotph, why do u need to prove that u think demon is better than sage, and opinions about sage are wrong? Maybe coz u dont want others to get what u missed on? I dont see any other reason why ur so pissed off that u start cursing at sage lovers...b:bye
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    50% to only have 30% Crit rate for 10 seconds. If you do the math correctly that's about (roughly) 16%.

Wow, you still don't get how this skill works -_-"

Let me quote you it:
    Sage version gives a 50% chance to increase magic critical hit rate by 30% for 10 seconds.

What does it mean?

Let's say you are lvl 99 wizard with 10% crit chance.
    Half of the time you cast Sage BIDS you will have 40% crit rate. Everyone who was in the range of AoE has 40% chance to be oneshotted.
    Half of the time it won't process so your critrate will remain on 10% what means players in the spell range will have "only" 10% chance to be oneshotted.

PLUS the critrate bonus remains for 10 seconds after casting skill.

You might want to finish off some lucky survivors, why not try Sage Hailstorm which deals double damage if freeze processes (33%), deals double damage if you crit rate processes (40% after BIDS) or quadruple damage if both effects process b:chuckle
    Packs World International
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I do not know if its said already, am too lazy to check the whole thread b:surrender but I dont agree with you about the sage wellspring quaff.

I am a lvl93 sage wiz, and i have that skill. When i bought it I thought it would give 100% more damage, what would be amazing. But when I learned it, I ended up with getting just 100% more equipment value damage, what really sucks. Single spark eruption gives more +damage and costs just as much chi. As sage/demon wellspring quaff also doesnt increase your mp more than the lvl10 skill, there is IMO no reason to spend money and spirit on this skill. I dont know if we do more damage in the same time with the -channeling time demon version gives than with the +dmg single spark eruption gives, so I am definately not saying demon wellspring is worth learning.

Also, about sage DB, I heard the stuns make you have more aggro in Delta, wich kills you unless you have a very good barb to protect you. I dont have this skill and I havent done delta yet due to connection problems, but I wont buy this skill (if i ever get enough money, lol) untill I am done with all my Delta quests or untill some wizard proves that sage DB does not give you more mobs trying to kill you.
    Ofcourse this doesnt make demon better than sage if you look at just the skills itself and not the way they are used, but it is a big con.

And you said hailstorm is a stupid skill anyways. I do absolutely not agree. True, the dmg is low compared to most of our other skills, but it is a nice extra aoe in case you are out of chi, I use it alot when aoe grinding with my bm hubby and when I have no chi in FCC etc.

edit: My equipment isn't that awesome atm, so maybe if you spend alot of money on it and you got amazing stuff, sage wellspring is worth it. But I think you can better spend the money you spend on this skill on even better equipment. Not sure though, no time for complicated calculations now.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I do not know if its said already, am too lazy to check the whole thread b:surrender but I dont agree with you about the sage wellspring quaff.

I am a lvl93 sage wiz, and i have that skill. When i bought it I thought it would give 100% more damage, what would be amazing. But when I learned it, I ended up with getting just 100% more equipment value damage, what really sucks. Single spark eruption gives more +damage and costs just as much chi. As sage/demon wellspring quaff also doesnt increase your mp more than the lvl10 skill, there is IMO no reason to spend money and spirit on this skill. I dont know if we do more damage in the same time with the -channeling time demon version gives than with the +dmg single spark eruption gives, so I am definately not saying demon wellspring is worth learning.

Also, about sage DB, I heard the stuns make you have more aggro in Delta, wich kills you unless you have a very good barb to protect you. I dont have this skill and I havent done delta yet due to connection problems, but I wont buy this skill (if i ever get enough money, lol) untill I am done with all my Delta quests or untill some wizard proves that sage DB does not give you more mobs trying to kill you.
    Ofcourse this doesnt make demon better than sage if you look at just the skills itself and not the way they are used, but it is a big con.

And you said hailstorm is a stupid skill anyways. I do absolutely not agree. True, the dmg is low compared to most of our other skills, but it is a nice extra aoe in case you are out of chi, I use it alot when aoe grinding with my bm hubby and when I have no chi in FCC etc.

edit: My equipment isn't that awesome atm, so maybe if you spend alot of money on it and you got amazing stuff, sage wellspring is worth it. But I think you can better spend the money you spend on this skill on even better equipment. Not sure though, no time for complicated calculations now.

DB usefull when u aoeing somewhere and want gain a bit more time what is nice when with a lv10 skill hard to survive,this would a bit help,similiar like demon DB, but this interupt the others skills too (overall its similiar,another heal u directly,this give a bit time for ep, who heal u)

Wellspring Quaff - i think both 2 version is sucks,low difference in demon,sage addon.

i use too hail with phoenix, its good combo when u odnt ahve vigor and must kite with 4-5 mob :)
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    DB usefull when u aoeing somewhere and want gain a bit more time what is nice when with a lv10 skill hard to survive,this would a bit help,similiar like demon DB, but this interupt the others skills too (overall its similiar,another heal u directly,this give a bit time for ep, who heal u)

I dont think you really understood what I tried to say about sage DB. It makes you have alot of mobs wanting to kill you >.> so even when it stuns 1/5 of the mobs, you will still take more damage than when you dont have all this aggro. At least, thats what I heard about sage DB. Ofcourse it is also possible that you get aggro with a lvl10 DB anyways, in that case getting the sage version would be good because it stuns and gives you a little bigger chance to survive than without the stuns.

I think it all depends on how good the barb is :) poor barbs
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I dont think you really understood what I tried to say about sage DB. It makes you have alot of mobs wanting to kill you >.> so even when it stuns 1/5 of the mobs, you will still take more damage than when you dont have all this aggro. At least, thats what I heard about sage DB. Ofcourse it is also possible that you get aggro with a lvl10 DB anyways, in that case getting the sage version would be good because it stuns and gives you a little bigger chance to survive than without the stuns.

I think it all depends on how good the barb is :) poor barbs

in 70-85 i already got the agro with lv7 DB(this is why i dont lved only later this skill) too when archer got lv9 aoe so dont do big different :/

at 8x i started zhen with 1priest+1lurer, i got enough def and hp for zhening on spider or when i zhened on 8x elite water mobs then the stun could be awasome when u have a lower lv cleric heal slave (when i zhened on 5x 8x elite water mob i got only a lv77 cleric), there you dont get more agro with stun, because u take all agro anyway :)

anthoer think the stun is kind'a revange when in 86+ the mobs stunning too XD
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    in 70-85 i already got the agro with lv7 DB(this is why i dont lved only later this skill) too when archer got lv9 aoe so dont do big different :/

at 8x i started zhen with 1priest+1lurer, i got enough def and hp for zhening on spider or when i zhened on 8x elite water mobs then the stun could be awasome when u have a lower lv cleric heal slave (when i zhened on 5x 8x elite water mob i got only a lv77 cleric), there you dont get more agro with stun, because u take all agro anyway :)

anthoer think the stun is kind'a revange when in 86+ the mobs stunning too XD

most ppl do delta only after lvl90... its kinda deadly, i heard b:shocked And i was talking about delta, not about zhenning in other places.

but you are right that when, if you get aggro from a good barb with lvl10 DB anyways, you can better get the sage version. But in delta the barb and bm should be able to keep the aggro away from you, right... at least with a non-sage DB. I can't say much about delta because I haven't done it yet, but I've heard alot about it and a wizard should be able to survive with a lvl10 DB and a good squad.

I agree about the revenge part ^^
  • ay4
    ay4 Posts: 1
    edited December 2009
    Options
    most ppl do delta only after lvl90... its kinda deadly, i heard b:shocked And i was talking about delta, not about zhenning in other places.

but you are right that when, if you get aggro from a good barb with lvl10 DB anyways, you can better get the sage version. But in delta the barb and bm should be able to keep the aggro away from you, right... at least with a non-sage DB. I can't say much about delta because I haven't done it yet, but I've heard alot about it and a wizard should be able to survive with a lvl10 DB and a good squad.

I agree about the revenge part ^^

erm and what about using lvl11 db and if you see you get agro you just put off your weapon. the dmg goes down but the usefull stuns from db remain and give some time for the other partymember to shot down the mobs. wrong suggestion?
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ay4 wrote: »
    erm and what about using lvl11 db and if you see you get agro you just put off your weapon. the dmg goes down but the usefull stuns from db remain and give some time for the other partymember to shot down the mobs. wrong suggestion?

that would indeed be the first thing I would do after getting all the aggro... but I dont know if it isnt too late then. and maybe you can just better have a lvl10 DB with weapon than a sage one without weapon alot of times.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    that would indeed be the first thing I would do after getting all the aggro... but I dont know if it isnt too late then. and maybe you can just better have a lvl10 DB with weapon than a sage one without weapon alot of times.

i dont know who scare from a rumor what sure its true and if its true then u agr only from 20mob 4/3sec with skill and with delay, mobs dont live in delta too much so u cant agro all them but what every bm and barb steal back the agro with a single aoe agro skill or stun then..................

why u can get more agro with lv11? maybe cause u deal more dmg too.

more dmg=higher agro=faster mob dieing
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You might want to finish off some lucky survivors, why not try Sage Hailstorm which deals double damage if freeze processes (33%), deals double damage if you crit rate processes (40% after BIDS) or quadruple damage if both effects process b:chuckle

btw sage hailstorm is worded wrong. the effect is a crappy water dot.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

if u want non crappy dot then ur class is the venomancer, with his ripping bite XD

mainly hailstorm usefull for aoe.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Krisotph, why do u need to prove that u think demon is better than sage, and opinions about sage are wrong? Maybe coz u dont want others to get what u missed on? I dont see any other reason why ur so pissed off that u start cursing at sage lovers...b:bye

A.) Kris is playing a holy mage. b:victory

B.) 1/2 of Miz's points are unnecessary & come off rather band-waggonish (especially considering he's never played to the 89 culti)

c.) Kristoph is naturally disposed to be both blunt and mean. b:surrender
  • Ponza - Lost City
    Ponza - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    sorry, i dont like undining my target every 12 seconds, it really annoys me. Ya, it channels fast and everything, but a second i waste undining is a second i couldve been nuking.

pitfall....why are we arguing about DoTs, i keep mine at level 1 and they are staying there.

barriers, that 30% pdef doesnt make much of a difference. I know wizards with lvl 10 barriers who can get 9k-10k pdef easy. 30% more pdef isnt a huge culti changing decision for me imo

hailstorm
    -i like it how it is, it works and i learned to use it as a hit or miss thing(if it doesnt proc, too bad, if it does, yipee!)

wellspring
    -ninja spark!

nix
    if i get the sage/demon version of this, i will put it in the AH. I dont really ever use this skill. Rarely in FC, if i can aoe the mobs into a wall and everything else is in cooldown.

I never wanted to go LA, but because i was on a new server i had to do it in order to rebirth(they wouldnt take arcanes unless they had like 50+ vit and im anti-vit). I made it work for me and its bearable. I went to psy because its the kind of class i wanted to play. Deal high damage while still being useful. The jack of all trades thing is appealing to me and its a magic class :P

You wouldn't use undine in pve anyway unless going for absolute maximum dps, and in pvp you should only be using undine if you feel like it's needed to break someone's charm.

And phoenix is one of our highest dps non-chi skills, and that's not even considering it's knockback/aoe effect.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Q___Q

I guess it's still nice to use after BIDS, the only AoE which doesn't need sparks...

Ps. Dumb translators -_-"
    Packs World International
This discussion has been closed.