Sage Wizard VS Demon Wizard : the full thread

Options

Comments

• Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Didn't anyone see this? Last time I checked, 6546.95 > 5693, not the other way around.

Sage its pretty equivilent. The whole reason you can say demon is better is because you can spam it. Spam it = constantly more DPS.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    WOW......arguing over DOT skills what have we come too b:surrender.
  • Lady_marta - Dreamweaver
    Lady_marta - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    WOW......arguing over DOT skills what have we come too b:surrender.

I'm just saying his math is off a bit. That's all.
    God of healing, bless those that stand before you...
    Grant me the righteous power to banish evil!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm just saying his math is off a bit. That's all.
    It isn't, DPS = damage per second. Demon version simply does more per tick, but less in total.

Crown of flame sucks balls anyway.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Bellarius - Lost City
    Bellarius - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    wow lvl 98 grats on lvl I know cause I see your name on forums (maybe too much) b:shocked

Ok I will take my leave of this thread ty
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    *eats pop corn and watches* Veno forums are not nearly as entertaining as you guys. b:laugh However, I have said before that many of the wizards I know are Demon. The skills they drool over the most are Demon Stone Rain and Demon Hailstorm. I guess I'll never know unless I remake a Wizzy.
  • Sage_Sora - Dreamweaver
    Sage_Sora - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It isn't, DPS = damage per second. Demon version simply does more per tick, but less in total.

Crown of flame sucks balls anyway.

Regardless of how good the skill is, isn't the total damage inflicted the point of the whole thing?

Just thought I'd point that out. I really don't care which side is better, to be honest. I'm going sage because the fairy is prettier. b:cute
    O power that lies at the root of all creation,
    O memory inscribed in ages past,
    Hear my call and arise before me!
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Regardless of how good the skill is, isn't the total damage inflicted the point of the whole thing?

Just thought I'd point that out. I really don't care which side is better, to be honest. I'm going sage because the fairy is prettier. b:cute

b:laugh Nice reason.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think when matters unless your opponent do not have healing (nor charms) and also when you take no damage.

Uhm, what?
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Sage_Sora - Dreamweaver
    Sage_Sora - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think when matters unless your opponent do not have healing (nor charms) and also when you take no damage.

I'm sorry. You hid the midget WHERE? b:puzzled
    O power that lies at the root of all creation,
    O memory inscribed in ages past,
    Hear my call and arise before me!
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think that "When you deliver your damage" matters.

If you are doing DPS kills in PvP, then you need to deliver enough damage between charm ticks to make a difference. And if they are healing themselves then you also need to be delivering damage faster than they heal themselves. And if they are doing damage to you, you need to deliver your damage before you die.

Can you tell me how you would express this concept?

I think she means to outdamage the heal/charm

I remember PKing a cleric. The cleric started healing themselves so in order to keep up i started using pyro > gush. The cleric went full defense and now i was making a dent in their HP/charm. Quickly i thought up a strategic way to take them down. As soon as their charm ticked, i FoW > undine > pyro > gush > spam.

-To All Robies
    Never Underestimate Undine Strike > Pyro > Gush....NEVERb:cute
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    JaneGray - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wellspring Quaff

Sage: +100% Matk for 15 secs.
    Demon: -20% channeling time for 15 secs.

Personal: Demon could let you spam skills better, while sage could make the numbers of the dmg more spammed XD. i guess sage won here.

^
    Seriously?

This means that all of your spells are 1/5 shorter, means more damage. This with combined with demon spark means -45% channeling time.

-45% Channeling time? Uhhhhh I'm going demon. Sure Sage BIDS is a beast, but that's 50 percent for a 30 percent, which is less than 1/6 of a chance to happen anyways. I don't wanna spam BIDS six times to finally **** a few people in a TW.
    [SIGPIC]http://i49.tinypic.com/30li6g5.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wellspring Quaff

Personal: Demon could let you spam skills better, while sage could make the numbers of the dmg more spammed XD. i guess sage won here.

^
    Seriously?

This means that all of your spells are 1/5 shorter, means more damage. This with combined with demon spark means -45% channeling time.

-45% Channeling time? Uhhhhh I'm going demon. Sure Sage BIDS is a beast, but that's 50 percent for a 30 percent, which is less than 1/6 of a chance to happen anyways. I don't wanna spam BIDS six times to finally **** a few people in a TW.

STOP NECROING!!

b:angry

Besides, I already have Sage BIDS all ready to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Wellspring Quaff

^
    Seriously?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Spells are not 1/5 shorter. 20% channel it means only CHANNEL PPL. WTF is not clear?
    Wizards spells have CHANNEL + CAST. 20% off the CHANNEL will not make the whole thing 20% faster.
    Take gush as example: 1 sec channel, 1 sec cast.
    20% off 1 sec = 0.8 sec. So total channel+ cast will be 1.8 sec.

0.2 sec gained out of 2sec is exactly 10%. So with a 20% channel your time to cast a Gush decreases 10%

Another example, for Sandstorm: 2.5 sec channel +1.5 sec cast = 4 sec to hit.
    20% channel out of 2.5 -> channel reduced to 2 sec = 3.5 seconds to hit. That's a 13% decrease in the time to cast a SS. And that's the maximum gain.

Now , please, do the math for yourself and stop posting aberrations and even more, decide the sage/demon path based on those aberrations

b:bye

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Spells are not 1/5 shorter. 20% channel it means only CHANNEL PPL. WTF is not clear?
    Wizards spells have CHANNEL + CAST. 20% off the CHANNEL will not make the whole thing 20% faster.
    Take gush as example: 1 sec channel, 1 sec cast.
    20% off 1 sec = 0.8 sec. So total channel+ cast will be 1.8 sec.

0.2 sec gained out of 2sec is exactly 10%. So with a 20% channel your time to cast a Gush decreases 10%

Another example, for Sandstorm: 2.5 sec channel +1.5 sec cast = 4 sec to hit.
    20% channel out of 2.5 -> channel reduced to 2 sec = 3.5 seconds to hit. That's a 13% decrease in the time to cast a SS. And that's the maximum gain.

Now , please, do the math for yourself and stop posting aberrations and even more, decide the sage/demon path based on those aberrations

b:bye

Still, it's shorter time, and what about the demon spark? Your forgetting that 25% more time will be reduced from the channel.

And you don't have to be an ****, I mean wtf? I'm a noob, get over it. These wizard forums are for ALL WIZARDS, not just endgame wizzies lmao.
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Still, it's shorter time, and what about the demon spark? Your forgetting that 25% more time will be reduced from the channel.

And you don't have to be an ****, I mean wtf? I'm a noob, get over it. These wizard forums are for ALL WIZARDS, not just endgame wizzies lmao.

No. It's that endgame Wizards KNOW what they're talkin' about.

Sage FTW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I understand this, but that still gives them no right to be rude.
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Welcome to the internet, where everyone is rude, women are men, and children are the FBI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Is this god damn thread still going?

FFS.

P.S Men are women * ... Fat men that is.
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Are there any wizards out there that went demon? If so can you tell me what it's like and if you are happy with it?
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My guildie went Demon and he is happy. I was talking with him earlier to help him in choosing... It was easy. Our guild is a world PvP one and my friend always seemed to be sad that wizard lacks control skills.

I'm still not sure about myself though b:chuckle
    Packs World International
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Are there any wizards out there that went demon? If so can you tell me what it's like and if you are happy with it?

Worlds best thing

Horrible bump

Both are good

The end
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

USE THE SEARCH LINK FOR CHIRST SAKE. b:angry
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    NOTE: when looking down at all masterys in total, its +15% dmg on fire/water/earth for sage, against 3% crit for demon. if the critrate of demon works with all spells, it could be rather badass. but ionno.

dunno,... but its kinda 5% more dmg on fire, 5% more on earth and 5% more on water,... the percentages dont add,... since ur skills dont hit 3 elements at same time,...
    so its 5% more dmg or 3% more critrate,... crit obviously pwns here,...
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rinuruc wrote: »
    NOTE: when looking down at all masterys in total, its +15% dmg on fire/water/earth for sage, against 3% crit for demon. if the critrate of demon works with all spells, it could be rather badass. but ionno.

dunno,... but its kinda 5% more dmg on fire, 5% more on earth and 5% more on water,... the percentages dont add,... since ur skills dont hit 3 elements at same time,...

It was already said that the crit is like the +5%. They add only to spells of that element and not to others. You need all three to get 1% crit for all spells.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    rinuruc wrote: »

Again. NOBODY knows if demon masteries has 3% critical. GM told us, that is just 1% for each element. So together is still just 1%!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JaneGray - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    USE THE SEARCH LINK FOR CHIRST SAKE. b:angry

I have, and I found nothing except SAGE SAGE SAGE.
    FEAR MEH NOOB POWERZ!
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Its all on game play style.

Sage is more Ult spam and chi based

Demon is reduced channel/1on1 ish~ and more enemy control based.

Both have their benefits, just have to see which you like better.
  • Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear
    Tsuyoginos - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Its all on game play style.

Sage is more Ult spam and chi based

Demon is reduced channel/1on1 ish~ and more enemy control based.

Both have their benefits, just have to see which you like better.

Agreed, now let's shut up and be done with it. I'm going to make this decision sooner or later and this doesn't help! It just makes me lean towards one side for a certain reason and then regret it when I read the next post that has a rebuttal in it. Also, every argument for sage is trumped by one for demon and vice versa. So, they're pretty much equal thus, whoever decides on his or her own to choose demon, do so, but if you want sage, go sage!
    [sigpic] [/sigpic]
This discussion has been closed.