How are psychics PvP wise?

Options
Rsebsdh - Harshlands
Rsebsdh - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Psychic
I was just wondering how we were PvP wise... I know we are REALLY good at PvE, but i haven't seen any psychics PvP yet... Thanks in advance =] b:pleased

Merry X-Mas everyone b:cute
Post edited by Rsebsdh - Harshlands on

Comments

• Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    At my level, i can take out anything but an assassin, considering if they know how to play
  • Organism - Lost City
    Organism - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    At my level, i can take out anything but an assassin, considering if they know how to play

Could you be a bit more descriptive, such as ways to deal with each class? Thank you.
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    sigh...
    Wizards- use your highest level skills and they should drop
    BMs - spark - nuke = one shot
    Archers- spark - nuke = one shot
    Clerics- diminshed vigor, you might want soul of stunning, then follow wizard
    Assassins- pray you crit on a nuke
    Psychics- follow wizard
    Venos- follow wizard
    Barbs- follow wizard

Depending on what skills you have highest really. I normally use aqua impact, spirit blast and glacial shards on cooldown. Diminshed vigor on clerics so when they try to IH themselves, its an epic fail. Other than the use empowered vigor so you can bubble of life + relentless courage(genie) yourself mid duel/PK.
  • Ihascrayon - Lost City
    Ihascrayon - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ya... i was confused too @_@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life has no color without a trusty CRAYON!!!!!!!!! b:chuckle

Without courage, wisdom bears no fruit....
  • Nominal - Heavens Tear
    Nominal - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    sigh...
    Psychics- follow wizard
    Venos- follow wizard
    Barbs- follow wizard

Depending on what skills you have highest really. I normally use aqua impact, spirit blast and glacial shards on cooldown. Diminshed vigor on clerics so when they try to IH themselves, its an epic fail. Other than the use empowered vigor so you can bubble of life + relentless courage(genie) yourself mid duel/PK.

sounds very boring to pvp as psychic. at least u make it sound boring

wonder if it gets better at high levels
  • Nyrlathotep - Heavens Tear
    Nyrlathotep - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I think its not that boring i cant wait to try it^^
    PvE gameplay is ok, i would like to see some improvement in Soul of XXXX skills though..

after all Psy is a high DD class, and i love its Lovecraftian look :))
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    High DD classes are boring to PK with. You basically try to hit as hard as possible :\
  • Devilblooded - Heavens Tear
    Devilblooded - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    sigh...
    Psychics- follow wizard
    Venos- follow wizard
    Barbs- follow wizard

hmm my psy is actually lvl 63 and kick ****, i duel lvl 70+ to get a challenge, but i havent seen a sin around my lvl to duel, but there it goes how we fight.

wizzard : white voodoo, slip a soulburn then nuke ( they should kill themself with 2 hit)
    archer : many way to win, u can : black voodoo, stun and nuke, but they can do their stun immune so i go the same way as wizzard slip a soulburn will make them die kinda quick
    bm:black voodoo, stun,try to freeze and nuke or phys immune at start and try to nuke him (kinda very easy)
    barb: easier then bm since they dont have stun immune yet
    cleric:interupt skill at start ( prevent them using sleep)stun then nuke
    veno: try to stun pet and veno if she use hood, use soulburn will get her beaten fast.

in fact pvp with psy is not boring and need some skill to master everyway they can fight because white and black voodoo are 2 very diff way to fight
    when using white u try to make them suffer from ur soulforce with red tide or soulburn and soul of vengeance and with black u just try to kill before then kill you!
  • Nominal - Heavens Tear
    Nominal - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    hmm my psy is actually lvl 63 and kick ****, i duel lvl 70+ to get a challenge, but i havent seen a sin around my lvl to duel, but there it goes how we fight.

wizzard : white voodoo, slip a soulburn then nuke ( they should kill themself with 2 hit)
    archer : many way to win, u can : black voodoo, stun and nuke, but they can do their stun immune so i go the same way as wizzard slip a soulburn will make them die kinda quick
    bm:black voodoo, stun,try to freeze and nuke or phys immune at start and try to nuke him (kinda very easy)
    barb: easier then bm since they dont have stun immune yet
    cleric:interupt skill at start ( prevent them using sleep)stun then nuke
    veno: try to stun pet and veno if she use hood, use soulburn will get her beaten fast.

in fact pvp with psy is not boring and need some skill to master everyway they can fight because white and black voodoo are 2 very diff way to fight
    when using white u try to make them suffer from ur soulforce with red tide or soulburn and soul of vengeance and with black u just try to kill before then kill you!

pvp with psychic sounds fun. u make it sound fun

can't wait to lvl up some more
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol duels lol PvE servers.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i cant wait till they fix our skill description and the soulskill that need an update since every lvl it is its the same, and cant wait to see the 79/100 skill >.<
  • SacredPride - Heavens Tear
    SacredPride - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What skill is "nuke" ??
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.
  • PartyAnimal - Harshlands
    PartyAnimal - Harshlands Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What skill is "nuke" ??
    Just a term given to any spell that drops a buttload of damg on the target.
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    He pretty much said what i said with a little more detail, on what skills. Since i dont know what skills you have leveled, i just used basic description.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well past the 59 pvp become more challenging with a little more strategy, i usually duel the same persone serveral time to see the best strategy to use.
    thats why i tought important putting some more details
  • UchihaAsuma - Harshlands
    UchihaAsuma - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Would like to duel more Psychics as well. I found that a really good Psy and take you out just as easily as they do the rest of the classes. Element of surprise is an always win for us but when they know you are coming pray you have deadened nerves activated o.O
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    psy with black voodoo on = myriad 1 shot....what kind of bm's do you people fight >.<

edit: ok the souls are quite annoying but no way should you be one shoting bm's through alter maq and honestly you hit far lighter than cleerics with n survival skils no ability to kite and little vit....stunlock realy does hurt psys without their stat reflect buff on and as stated black voodoo is suicide
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    psy with black voodoo on = myriad 1 shot....what kind of bm's do you people fight >.<

edit: ok the souls are quite annoying but no way should you be one shoting bm's through alter maq and honestly you hit far lighter than cleerics with n survival skils no ability to kite and little vit....stunlock realy does hurt psys without their stat reflect buff on and as stated black voodoo is suicide

Bms.....are one shots......next
  • Draeyos - Lost City
    Draeyos - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Bms.....are one shots......next

Um only fail Bms with bad Hp are one shots.
    And if Bms are one shots that would mean 6/8 classes are one shots as well
  • GrimmSin - Harshlands
    GrimmSin - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    good sounds like psy gunna be fun in pvp xD
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Um only fail Bms with bad Hp are one shots.
    And if Bms are one shots that would mean 6/8 classes are one shots as well

Bms...are...one...shots...except those few who spend 40000 USD on this game....but they dont count.
  • Swdgy - Heavens Tear
    Swdgy - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    think she means level 50-60 bms
    2k-3k hp
    probably 1 shot from spark + "nuke" by pure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yay :) ^.^
    stuffed a bunch of my favorite animes into 1 signature lolz
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    think she means level 50-60 bms
    2k-3k hp
    probably 1 shot from spark + "nuke" by pure

my LA wizard can one shot BMs too, so im talking about BMs in general, except the ones who spend 40,000 in game with +9 hh99 armor and +10 GXs and +7 CV claws and has 12k HP and then procedes to attack the 8x wizzy in TW with is 4.00 attack rateb:angry
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    my LA wizard can one shot BMs too, so im talking about BMs in general, except the ones who spend 40,000 in game with +9 hh99 armor and +10 GXs and +7 CV claws and has 12k HP and then procedes to attack the 8x wizzy in TW with is 4.00 attack rateb:angry

asuming fully buffed status with marrow on

4 weapon paths maxed for my level

5.5k hp
    7.5k maq resists
    5k phys resist
    only 1.67 APS unless i use relentless courage (little over 2 there)
    and a set of +4 - int fists and calams

armor is +2 with flawless hp (cheap atm)

not 1 cent on the game so far (ok 10$ on a gift card from a freind back at 62)

bm's have TE and balance to make your damage just a complete nonfactor 50% of the time

your a one shot most likely pure int in AA most likly you are using HP shards instead of phys+hp mix at my lvl you will be hitting lighter than CLERICS without voodoo on and unless you plan to gimp your attack no shell (i've found that psys controll skills do nothing vs will of bolshi)

have fun killing a well built bm at 70+ unless your ganking them with their phys marrow onb:cute

and fisters can hit 5 aps with max gear....

this isnt to say that psys are bbad at pvp or that bms are the hax...or whatever you kids say >.<

im simply stating that 96% of bm's are failing so hard it makes me die a little inside every time i bh,pvp,walk through a city 3% are actually learning the class right taking their time and trying to get it right and another 1% or so be pro...at least on sanc lol
  • Draeyos - Lost City
    Draeyos - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Bms...are...one...shots...except those few who spend 40000 USD on this game....but they dont count.

You have obviously haven't fought enough decent BMs in PVP(yes there are decent Bm who dont CS),

point is though some Bms CAN be one shoted( and even then itd only be from a wiz and BIDS would most likely have to crit), Most decent Bms won't be.

I really wish you would quit spewing Utter **** on the psychic forums >_>
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Soul of Stunning + white voodoo to open -
    extrra vigor urself - get black up . nuke

holy path away if not dead rinse and repeat
  • Zeilos - Lost City
    Zeilos - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Szol , would u reccomend lving white voodo? also are all the attack skills past 39 ranged?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Soul of Stunning + white voodoo to open -
    extrra vigor urself - get black up . nuke

holy path away if not dead rinse and repeat

souls of stun is cancled by will of bolshi second black goes up you drop
  • Zeilos - Lost City
    Zeilos - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    pyschic will then black voodo = gg

but I lile how your thinking
  • shadowvzs87
    shadowvzs87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

my friend is sword wr and with ~+6 eq and wb buff he allready got 10-11k hp at lv96 without spending any money into cash shop. still i dont watched the many mg who 1hited him with same refine when he use mdef sutra.