How are psychics PvP wise?

Comments

• Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Name one thing a psy can do and i can name a class that does it better.

soul burn + red tides bleed effect i doubt even a wizzard would out power that within a 9 second time frame.

you have to keep in mind that it seems the devs wanted both the psy and sin to be somewhat of a debuffing class. almost all of there skills have some kind of negative status effect ment to disable the target (sin) or destroy the target over time (psy) that is my impression for both of the new classes.

and about psys "having nothing to offer" well apprently nothing me or anyone can say will change ur mind to see otherwise obviously. but i will say this, the expansion was obviously rushed. as a result both classes still need to be tinkered with to be made better in some areas or to be nerfed in some areas. wait a few months and see what happens to psy after the devs finish polishing the class up. theres apprently a life bubble and blood paint boost coming out so they are definatly looking at the skills and seeing what needs to be done to the class.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    soul burn + red tides bleed effect i doubt even a wizzard would out power that within a 9 second time frame.

veno = bleed.
    10 chars

seriously Ballistixz learn the other classes....
    ._.'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    veno = bleed.
    10 chars

._.'

u mean nyx bleed? nyx is a pet not a class lol. and not even nyx bleed can out dmg that combo. i had a veno as my old main so i do know.
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Q_Q Soulburn is evil.... and so op.... those spells that have damage that is directly effected by your soul-force, and thus your refinement, and thus the amount of money you spend on the game.... are just broke =\

Sorry... i'm just still traumatized from one-shotting myself Q_Q
    edited January 2010
    ya i just went on to test soulburn with a friend. at 7x he has 10k soulforce but he does have +5 refine on almost all of his gear except suit which is +4 refine and hat which isnt refined at all. he dealt 1.4k+ which is actually more then i thought he would do with soulburn... if description is accurate then red tide would do 1.4k+ per bleed tick if description is correct. but i dont have red tide and my friend also skipped getting it so i cant confirm this for sure but thats the way its looking.

also he is only 7x with 10k soul force. at 10x dmg would be insane...
    edited January 2010
    veno = bleed.
    10 chars

._.'
    u mean nyx bleed? nyx is a pet not a class lol. and not even nyx bleed can out dmg that combo. i had a veno as my old main so i do know.

hmm...me don't see the words "nix", "nyx", or "phoenix" or another other variation.....
    you do know that even a sawfly can bleed right (and still hurt....except that sawflys drop extremely fast) and that venomancers have a move that can bleed?

and although even barbs and blademasters (and now psychics and assassins) have a bleed skill, venomancer's bleed be what most people think of when the words "bleed" comes out....not barb bleed or BM bleed or psychic bleed or assassin bleed...(well mayhaps the assassin/psychic soon enough)......

the main reason is that...venomancer's pet (nix*cough~~nix....nix~~cough*) bleed does not suffer PvP reduction....while psychics, barbs, etc do suffer PvP reduction....
    that means that venomancer's bleed > psychic bleed.

so...what be your next argument?
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    hmm...me don't see the words "nix", "nyx", or "phoenix" or another other variation.....
    you do know that even a sawfly can bleed right (and still hurt....except that sawflys drop extremely fast) and that venomancers have a move that can bleed?

and although even barbs (and now psychics and assassins) have a bleed skill, venomancer's bleed be what most people think of when the words "bleed" comes out....not barb bleed or psychic bleed or assassin bleed...(well mayhaps the assassin/psychic soon enough)......

the main reason is that...venomancer's pet (nix*cough~~nix....nix~~cough*) bleed does not suffer PvP reduction....while psychics, barbs, etc do suffer PvP reduction....

read wat me said above u. the combo still overpowers the bleed regardless of the pvp reduction.

i will give u the benefit of the doubt tho and say that it highly depends on the refine and lvl of the psy. depending on lvl and refine it will over power the "veno bleed". if u dont have high enought refine and lvl however it more then likely will not.

just think if soulburn was on a fist BM and does 1k+ per atk the BM does and we all know how fast BMs atk. then add red tide to that. are u rly still going to say the venos bleed will out dmg it? it wont regardless of the pvp reduction. i had a veno and i had a nyx i know all to well what it can do.
    edited January 2010
    read wat me said above u. the combo still overpowers the bleed regardless. of the pvp reduction

ah sowwy about that....
    BM myriad stance + Veno's ignorance of PvP reduction bleed.
    (since you has listed two spells here be two classes that do both in a better way.)
    b:chuckle

although good point....there really isn't anything that be like psychic soulburn)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    edited January 2010

and although even barbs (and now psychics and assassins) have a bleed skill, venomancer's bleed be what most people think of when the words "bleed" comes out....not barb bleed or psychic bleed or assassin bleed...(well mayhaps the assassin/psychic soon enough)......

What about BM bleeds?!?! I demand you edit your post to include them b:angry

b:surrender
    edited January 2010
    yes suh Kimbley.
    (>.<)'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    yes suh Kimbley.
    (>.<)'

Thank you ^_^

(i have to fight for human's right to representation here) =P
    edited January 2010
    tbh i was honestly amazed that soulburn did that much dmg per atk.... i did not think it would do that much honestly. the skill will more then likely get nerfed. it is seriously OPed. it honestly will anniliate BMs and sins that decide to do normal atks and not notice soulburn is on them....

granted my friend did have alot of refined stuff so i guess he did have alot more soulforce for his lvl then most psys.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    are you stupid?
    a nix can drop a target in under 6 seconds if they dont use apo, cauterize etc
    read wat me said above u. the combo still overpowers the bleed regardless of the pvp reduction.

i will give u the benefit of the doubt tho and say that it highly depends on the refine and lvl of the psy. depending on lvl and refine it will over power the "veno bleed". if u dont have high enought refine and lvl however it more then likely will not.

just think if soulburn was on a fist BM and does 1k+ per atk the BM does and we all know how fast BMs atk. then add red tide to that. are u rly still going to say the venos bleed will out dmg it? it wont regardless of the pvp reduction. i had a veno and i had a nyx i know all to well what it can do.
    wow...
    tbh i was honestly amazed that soulburn did that much dmg per atk.... i did not think it would do that much honestly. the skill will more then likely get nerfed. it is seriously OPed. it honestly will anniliate BMs and sins that decide to do normal atks and not notice soulburn is on them....

granted my friend did have alot of refined stuff so i guess he did have alot more soulforce for his lvl then most psys.

if you dont notice soulburn on you, you are a rtard. I always notice when i am debuff and will continue to. Soulburn trick only works on idiots tbh.

i promised to leave psys alone, but i seriously had to reply to this...
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited January 2010
    Mizuoni me already took care of his soulburn + bleed argument.

and ya...after you learn the icon/signs of soulburn it be reasonably easy to avoid.
    (me are still too squishy to do teh next part of me ebil plan.)
    b:sad
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think Soulburn is glitched. I'm not saying that to say it's overpowered (because I think it's not, it's easily avoidable) BUT it seems to bug. It seems like EVERYTHING you do when you're afflicted with Soulburn triggers the damage. You don't even have to attack, you cast any spell and you will suffer the burn.

For example, if you cast Soulburn on a Cleric, and that he heals, he will take the damage for each heal he casts (and that's wrong lol). The same for other skills it seems, I made an experience with a Psychic friend of mine, he casted Soulburn on me and I used Psychic Will (supposed to remove all negative buffs on yourself upon cast) and I instalost (we were duelling) right after I casted it.

So... I don't know, I feel like it's not working like it's supposed to, only actual attacking should trigger the damage, it shouldn't force you to do absolutely nothing for 5-8 seconds.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
    edited January 2010
    I think Soulburn is glitched. I'm not saying that to say it's overpowered (because I think it's not, it's easily avoidable) BUT it seems to bug. It seems like EVERYTHING you do when you're afflicted with Soulburn triggers the damage. You don't even have to attack, you cast any spell and you will suffer the burn.

For example, if you cast Soulburn on a Cleric, and that he heals, he will take the damage for each heal he casts (and that's wrong lol). The same for other skills it seems, I made an experience with a Psychic friend of mine, he casted Soulburn on me and I used Psychic Will (supposed to remove all negative buffs on yourself upon cast) and I instalost (we were duelling) right after I casted it.

So... I don't know, I feel like it's not working like it's supposed to, only actual attacking should trigger the damage, it shouldn't force you to do absolutely nothing for 5-8 seconds.

agreed.
    cleric self healing shouldn't trigger soulburn and neither should self buffing/debuffing.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    guys to stop this war betwen wiz and psy lets do the maths!!!

psy:demon/sage spark+earth vector and fast skills

wiz:Sutra+sage bids+fast cats skills

which kill faster... b:laugh
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010

does it matter?
    the target is going to drop within 6 seconds.
    xD
    loool~

now then...me propose we talk about Psychics + Wizard in pvp.
    we will undine/sleep/seal/unleash uber damage, you guys diminishing vigor/spark+earth vector and fast skills.

b:pleased
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    does it matter?
    the target is going to drop within 6 seconds.
    xD
    loool~

now then...me propose we talk about Psychics + Wizard in pvp.
    we will undine/sleep/seal/unleash uber damage, you guys diminishing vigor/spark+earth vector and fast skills.

b:pleased

hahahaha, good point ^^

but i rly would like to know which 1 would be the max dpser in taht 5/6sec^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elinaaii - Lost City
    Elinaaii - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    all rops are 2 hits with me from lvl 60-72 b:cute
    edited January 2010
    omg, i cant decide between that beutifull ice dragon in sutra combo b:dirty or spark and that huge earth demon from earth vector b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    are you stupid?
    a nix can drop a target in under 6 seconds if they dont use apo, cauterize etc

wow...

if you dont notice soulburn on you, you are a rtard. I always notice when i am debuff and will continue to. Soulburn trick only works on idiots tbh.

i promised to leave psys alone, but i seriously had to reply to this...

this is not duels... in a mass pvp setting like TW u might not always realize soulburn is on u 100% of the time. and knowing when to cast it (like when a fist BM is in the middle of melee atking someone) he will get off alot of hits within a second even if he immediatly realizes soulburn is on him. he wont be able to stop atking fast enought because of the way BMs atk with melee.

simply saying "i always notice when a debuff is on me, only idiots dont realize it" is easy enought to say and seems simple enought to do, but no it doesnt mean u will realize its on u 100% of time unless ur doing 1 on 1 duels.... u will still be effected by it and depending on the situation there might be to many things going on at once for u to notice its on u.

also just no... i know what a nyx bleed is like so dont even try to go there with me. i know what soulburn and red tide can do. red tide and soulburn are based on soul force. so far the highest soul force i seen on a psy was 15k (the psy had higher refines then even my friend tho) so i can estimate a psy can easily go up to 20k+ at 10x with high refines. the more money u put into ur psy by refining it and lvling it up and such the more soulforce u will have and the more dmg these 2 skills will do. putting in about 200+$ (which is around the cost of a nyx) into amping up ur soul force with refines and u can see how u can easily get **** tons of soul force to power up these kinds of skills.

the nix bleed cannot out do that pvp reduction or not. if a psy can tick 1.4k bleed per tick with just 10k soul force then i can only imagine how much 20k+ soulforce would be.

tbh i wouldnt be surprised if in a few months we see psys running around with like 30k SF. (i doubt it seeing as the amount of money ud have to fork over would be insane, but i wouldnt be surprised if it did happen judging by the refines of some ppl in this game already. so i wont put it passed them)
  • razva
    razva Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010

In your combo you are using a 79 skill that Psy is lacking atm, maybe we`ll get an instant *Kill your target* skill
    So far in any FBs Psy can steal agro from anyone, while I didnt see a wiz doing that(not like the psy was stupid or wiz was smarter, wiz was lacking that power).
    And if you get the Sutra in a instance, then be sure the psy will deal alot more dmg then your wiz :)
    About your pvp *1hit move*, you can`t do that all the time, when you get out of sparks and stuff you have to step aside pvp, while the psy dsnt relay on having full spark to kill one person and then is over for him.

Anyway psy is still a new class, you guys shouldnt bash on them that much.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    this is not duels... in a mass pvp setting like TW u might not always realize soulburn is on u 100% of the time. and knowing when to cast it (like when a fist BM is in the middle of melee atking someone) he will get off alot of hits within a second even if he immediatly realizes soulburn is on him. he wont be able to stop atking fast enought because of the way BMs atk with melee.

simply saying "i always notice when a debuff is on me, only idiots dont realize it" is easy enought to say and seems simple enought to do, but no it doesnt mean u will realize its on u 100% of time unless ur doing 1 on 1 duels.... u will still be effected by it and depending on the situation there might be to many things going on at once for u to notice its on u.

also just no... i know what a nyx bleed is like so dont even try to go there with me. i know what soulburn and red tide can do. red tide and soulburn are based on soul force. so far the highest soul force i seen on a psy was 15k (the psy had higher refines then even my friend tho) so i can estimate a psy can easily go up to 20k+ at 10x with high refines. the more money u put into ur psy by refining it and lvling it up and such the more soulforce u will have and the more dmg these 2 skills will do. putting in about 200+$ (which is around the cost of a nyx) into amping up ur soul force with refines and u can see how u can easily get **** tons of soul force to power up these kinds of skills.

the nix bleed cannot out do that pvp reduction or not. if a psy can tick 1.4k bleed per tick with just 10k soul force then i can only imagine how much 20k+ soulforce would be.

tbh i wouldnt be surprised if in a few months we see psys running around with like 30k SF. (i doubt it seeing as the amount of money ud have to fork over would be insane, but i wouldnt be surprised if it did happen judging by the refines of some ppl in this game already. so i wont put it passed them)

this 1,4k bleed was at lv90? We can know more info about this? Like lv,pdef.
    edited January 2010
    he was lvl 74 with 10k+ SF and decent refines. but the highest SF i seen a psy have so far is 15k.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010

i notice when im debuffed. If i didnt, i would die so fast in TW. Honestly. If i see i was just HF or purged or amp damage, i notice the icon and i get out quick. A psy used soulburn on me in TW last night. I blinked back and tick a little damage that didnt even tick me....or came close to.
    razva wrote: »
    In your combo you are using a 79 skill that Psy is lacking atm, maybe we`ll get an instant *Kill your target* skill
    So far in any FBs Psy can steal agro from anyone, while I didnt see a wiz doing that(not like the psy was stupid or wiz was smarter, wiz was lacking that power).
    And if you get the Sutra in a instance, then be sure the psy will deal alot more dmg then your wiz :)
    About your pvp *1hit move*, you can`t do that all the time, when you get out of sparks and stuff you have to step aside pvp, while the psy dsnt relay on having full spark to kill one person and then is over for him.

b:shutup
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    edited January 2010
    razva wrote: »

wtf are u talking about? O.O

u didnt see me yet =P

i doubt it since psy skills are based in cast time and wizs skills are based on channel time(any1 can see in sutra wiz would have much more dps), and thats why i rather a sparky/crit rated buffy instead of no channel time for my psy =P

as sage u will fidn out that u can do it alot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    wtf are u talking about? O.O

u didnt see me yet =P

i doubt it since psy skills are based in cast time and wizs skills are based on channel time(any1 can see in sutra wiz would have much more dps), and thats why i rather a sparky/crit rated buffy instead of no channel time for my psy =P

as sage u will find out that u can do it alot

fixed.

Also for a psychic, its better to use your spark on double spark. Your cast time is much larger and you wont get much effect from tidespirit.

(the most i ever got off of tidespirit was 3 skills)
    Also, notice that when you use tidespirit you dont get instant channeling. Its something around -80% chan.
    edited January 2010
    fixed.

Also for a psychic, its better to use your spark on double spark. Your cast time is much larger and you wont get much effect from tidespirit.

(the most i ever got off of tidespirit was 3 skills)
    Also, notice that when you use tidespirit you dont get instant channeling. Its something around -80% chan.

ty for fixing me ^^
    cuz no1 understood i mean find instead of fidn b:chuckle

sutra does +/- the same, u dont get -100% u get -9X% b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    ty for fixing me ^^
    cuz no1 understood i mean find instead of fidn b:chuckle

sutra does +/- the same, u dont get -100% u get -9X% b:sad

tide spirit is much slower than sutra. Use tide spirit then use glacial shards to see what im talking about