How are psychics PvP wise?

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    earth vector is gonna suck imo
    save that spark for psychic will considering we dont have rock sield like wiz

^this
    you are gonna need it for those blade tempests
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    my sandstorm can one shot a BM and that takes 2.5 seconds to channel. If im not mistaken, it takes a psy 2 seconds to do a skill. Psys DO have fast channeling but they DO have long cast times.

Psys are wannabe support DD solo class
    Psys have their little tricks, but they arent the best thing since sliced bread and thus not worth my time to level. Btw, i been playing psy for about a month now.

a psy's longest cast time skill is 2.2 seconds and only like 2 skills for psy has 2.2 second cast. wizzards have long channel time and about the same cast speeds if not slower then psys. but most of psys skills take 1-1.8 seconds to cast.

but hey if u honestly think what u think then so be it. but saying there inferior to wizzards is just being biased when a wizzard only relies on dmg per hit. and its widely know that dmg per hit =/= DPS. this will result in psys being picked over a wiz in a partie because of the fact that a psy will do more dmg over time then a wizzard possibly can. what it comes down to is wizards just being way to slow. psys wont replace wizzards, but in time they will have first pick over a wizzard.

support? no i already said psys are not support class of anykind. bubble of life and empower vigor are only there as backup skills to help out clerics slightly. so if anything its just to help make a clerics job easier but in no way are there a support class.

but i dont see why we are arguing "who can kill what the fastests" when it comes down to it if u cast soulburn on someone and then blast the same person with red tide with addition to red tides bleed effect there a dead man no matter what class they are.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    there longest cast time skill is 2.2 seconds and only like 2 skills for psy has 2.2 second cast. wizzards have long channel time and about the same cast speeds if not slower then psys.but most of psys skills take 1-1.8 seconds to cast.

but hey if u honestly think what u think then so be it. but saying there inferior to wizzards is just being biased when a wizzard only relies on dmg per hit. and its widely know that dmg per hit =/= DPS. this will result in psys being picked over a wiz in a partie because of the fact that a psy will do more dmg over time then a wizzard possibly can. what it comes down to is wizards just being way to slow. psys wont replace wizzards, but in time they will have first pick over a wizzard.

support? no i already said psys are not support class of anykind. bubble of life and empower vigor are only there as backup skills to help out clerics slightly. so if anything its just to help make a clerics job easier but in no way are there a support class.

but i dont see why we are arguing "who can kill what the fastests" when it comes down to it if u cast soulburn on someone and then blast the same person with red tide with addition to red tides bleed effect there a dead man no matter what class they are.

That's why a psy with a weapon +5 > wizz with mediocre gear (lower refines).

If the psy managed to get on par damage with the wiz...then adding black voodoo will make you even more dangerous, including in instances.
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ^this
    you are gonna need it for those blade tempests

i has more worried about archers

blade tempest has like 4 sec lazer charge up time
    *pops on white voodoo and saves 1 fury*

archers will be like pew pew
    *dead psychic*
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    there longest cast time skill is 2.2 seconds and only like 2 skills for psy has 2.2 second cast. wizzards have long channel time and about the same cast speeds if not slower then psys.but most of psys skills take 1-1.8 seconds to cast.

me stopped reading after the first line.
    Ballistixz please do your research first before spouting nonsense....
    please tell me which wizard skill has 2.2 second cast time.
    also......me pretty sure this isn't just a small mistake of getting cast and channeling confoosed (since our longest channeling time would be mountain's seize 5 second channeling and our longest cast time spell = force of will = 2 seconds...while the 2nd longest cast time = Blade tempest's 1.8 seconds)
    ....you just be pulling numbers out of your **** lol.
    i has more worried about archers

blade tempest has like 4 sec lazer charge up time
    *pops on white voodoo and saves 1 fury*

archers will be like pew pew
    *dead psychic*

BT can be made to have a 1.8 second charge time.
    go to 5:20 shows an example of how a wizard can pew pew ulti fast.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    also......me pretty sure this isn't just a small mistake of getting cast and channeling confoosed (since our longest channeling time would be mountain's seize 5 second channeling and our longest cast time spell = force of will = 2 seconds...while the 2nd longest cast time = Blade tempest's 1.8 seconds)
    ....you just be pulling numbers out of your **** lol.

BT can be made to have a 1.8 second charge time.
    go to 5:20 shows an example of how a wizard can pew pew ulti fast.

read again hamsta i was talking about the psy skills not wizzard skills... if u would have just read the 11 words after the words u highlighted ud see that o.o; but thx for proving my point anyway =o. also u do know that the vid u linked to has been sped up right>?

anyway if u had read i said that a PSYS longest cast time spell is 2.2 seconds and that not very many of our main spells have a cast time of 2.2 seconds. most of psy skills have a cast time of 1-1.8 second. and highest being 2.2 seconds which is only 1 or 2 spells that take 2.2 seconds to cast for PSY. i said this in response to the other guy at saying psys having a very long cast time which they rly do not.

honestly wth is up with ppl on these forums only reading the first line of a post and then stoping X__x
    edited January 2010

read your own post again Ballistixz.
    me assume you misspelled "their".
    then you go on to state that "only like 2 skills for psy has 2.2 second cast" which confirms by "there" you were referring to wizards.
    then you state that "wizzards have long channeling time and about the same cast speeds if not slower then psys."

(me still highly recommend you bother to do some research before posting opinions that have no real factual backing.)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    read your own post again Ballistixz.
    me assume you misspelled "their".
    then you go on to state that "only like 2 skills for psy has 2.2 second cast" which confirms by "there" you were referring to wizards.
    then you state that "wizzards have long channeling time and about the same cast speeds if not slower then psys."

(me still highly recommend you bother to do some research before posting opinions that have no real factual backing.)

Psys DO have fast channeling but they DO have long cast times

my response "there longest cast time skill is 2.2 seconds" seewutididthar? also ur denying that wizzards dont have a cast time of 1-1.8 seconds? because that is what i was refering to when i said "wizzards have about the same IF not slower cast time then psy" meaning that they have a cast time of 1-1.8 seconds.

please look at the person who i quoted and look at my response to his response will ya?
    edited January 2010
    my response "there longest cast time skill is 2.2 seconds" seewutididthar? also ur denying that wizzards dont have a cast time of 1-1.8 seconds? because that is what i was refering to when i said "wizzards have about the same IF not slower cast time then psy" meaning that they have a cast time of 1-1.8 seconds.

please look at the person who i quoted and look at my response to his response will ya?

um....no me don't see what you did there other then your apparent ignorance. (They're wouldn't make sense and their would refer to wizards....or mayhaps your mastery of the human language just be lacking...in which case me would understand.)
    b:chuckle
    and me has not denied that wizards don't have a cast time of 1-1.8 seconds. Please quote where me has stated that......

me find your attempt at conjuring up statements me has not stated rather funny.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    um....no me don't see what you did there other then your apparent ignorance. (They're wouldn't make sense and their would refer to wizards....or mayhaps your mastery of the human language just be lacking...in which case me would understand.)
    and me has not denied that wizards don't have a cast time of 1-1.8 seconds. Please quote where me has stated that......

me find your attempt at conjuring up statements me has not stated rather funny.

so u saying u misunderstood my post because of a grammatical error? ur a grammar **** now?b:shocked i find that funny seeing as how u say "mehaps" and "mayhap" and all that other lil hamster talk u sprout thinking its cute. but w/e i thought it was blatantly obvious that i was referring to psys since i even went on to mention them in the exact same line that u mentioned despite the error u seem to be bashing me on.
    "wizzards have long channeling time and about the same cast speeds if not slower then psys."

i said they had about the same cast time as psys. u told me in ur first post i was wrong and told me to show u where they did lol. and i already told u the 2.2 sec cast time was NOT for wizzards. but u can keep going on to be a grammar **** if u want little hamster =)

but just for u i will re do my first line in my other post to
    a psy's longest cast time is 2.2 seconds and only like 2 skills for psy has a 2.2 second cast

are you happy now?

also ill be sure not to mistake "their" for "there" again because the great hamster that uses "mehaps" and "me thinks" instead of "perhaps" and "i think" said so.
    edited January 2010
    so u saying u misunderstood my post because of a grammatical error? ur a grammar **** now?b:shocked i find that funny seeing as how u say "mehaps" and "mayhap" and all that other lil hamster talk u sprout thinking its cute. but w/e i thought it was blatantly obvious that i was referring to psys since i even went on to mention them in the exact same line that u mentioned.

i said they had about the same cast time as psys. u told me in ur first post i was wrong and told me to show u where they did lol. and i already told u the 2.2 sec cast time was NOT for wizzards.

no...me hasn't misunderstood....you has merely posted false information. (me understood everything you have said so far.)

"there longest cast time skill is 2.2 seconds and only like 2 skills for psy has 2.2 second cast."
    by stating this you be comparing the two classes. notably the "their" (refering to wizards) "and only like 2 skills for psy" (signifies comparison) part

your attempts to cover up your obvious lack of knowledge be pathetic.

as for me style of communication (me main "flaw" be strategically placed spelling errors with a few grammatical errors), me do so in a way which still keeps me message clear (by taking advantage of the built in correctional system the developers of the human language of english has built in) since communication in the "normal" style would cause unintended side effects due to the currently rather large gap between other intelligent species and the average human.

Your error obviously be unintentional yet your message be reasonably clear....that you were comparing false wizard's ability to cast with psychic's ability to cast.

of course, most what me has said will shortly fade from your memory.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    no...me hasn't misunderstood....you has merely posted false information. (me understood everything you have said so far.)

"there longest cast time skill is 2.2 seconds and only like 2 skills for psy has 2.2 second cast."
    by stating this you be comparing the two classes. notably the "their" (refering to wizards) "and only like 2 skills for psy" (signifies comparison) part

your attempts to cover up your obvious lack of knowledge be pathetic.

as for me style of communication (me main "flaw" be strategically placed spelling errors with a few grammatical errors), me do so in a way which still keeps me message clear (by taking advantage of the built in correctional system the developers of the human language of english has built in) since communication in the "normal" style would cause unintended side effects due to the currently rather large gap between other intelligent species and the average human.

Your error obviously be unintentional yet your message be reasonably clear....that you were comparing false wizard's ability to cast with psychic's ability to cast.

of course, most what me has said will shortly fade from your memory.

no u had no understanding because i was referring to a freaking psy not wizzard. how many times do i have to tell u that for u to understand? do i need to tell u another 100 times that i was talking about a PSY longest cast time being 2.2 seconds? what your doing is putting words in my mouth when i told u time after time i was talking about PSY not wizzard.

the "their" was referring to PSY NOT WIZZARD.

and yes u are right i was comparing them to psy. thats why i said in the 2nd sentence that both wiz and psy have a average cast time of 1-1.8 seconds. leaving out the 2.2 seconds from the 2 skills for psy. but the channel time for psy is MUCH faster then most wizzard skills.

again here is my post redone since u magically seem to think that when i said "their" it = wizzard in ur mind for w/e stupid reason.
    a psy's longest cast time skill is 2.2 seconds and only like 2 skills for psy has 2.2 second cast. wizzards have long channel time and about the same cast speeds if not slower then psys. but most of psys skills take 1-1.8 seconds to cast.

but i am very curious. pls tell me how u came to the conclusion that i was referring to wizard in the first place when it was obvious that i was referring to psy because of me quoting mizouni who stated that a psy has long cast times?
    edited January 2010
    Refer to post #100 and #104 as to how me has deduced you be referring to wizards.
    Now me ability to understand far exceeds those of most people....in fact, me generally happen to read through all of a thread first before me post. Combining that with me ability to read humans here be how me know that you has referred to wizards.
    a psy wont have no problem getting passed a charm especially with diminished vigor black voodo and tide spirit..... like i said, psy =/= wizzard. for a psy u do not need to hit hard to by pass a charm. they have MANY status effects and fast hard hitting spells. basically a psy can just DOT or DPS passed a charm because there skills are just insanely fast to channel and cast. and if they rly need to they can easily do a ulti to finish the job up.

also if that psy did empowered vigor on u and not diminished vigor then that psy fails at life. honestly ive seen so many psys 2 and 3 hit BMs and barbs before they even got a chance to touch them. charms will not be a problem at all. seriously u rly need to stay away from the oracle psys =/ they leave a bad impression on the class as a whole.

that psy casting empowered vigor on u in a TW setting speaks for itself.

at 7:11 A.M on 1/11/2010
    Ballistixz has arrived into this thread with the opinion that the attacking speed of a psychic be where their strength lies. (Hamster obvservation: Agreed yet Ballistixz doesn't bother to research into other classes which basically makes most of his future arguments fail. Strangely enough it be ironic how he states "its a shame how so many ppl do not know how psys work." when he himself apparently doesn't know much about the other classes to begin with.)
    a psy wont have no problem getting passed a charm especially with diminished vigor black voodo and tide spirit..... like i said, psy =/= wizzard. for a psy u do not need to hit hard to by pass a charm. they have MANY status effects and fast hard hitting spells. basically a psy can just DOT or DPS passed a charm because there skills are just insanely fast to channel and cast. and if they rly need to they can easily do a ulti to finish the job up.

also if that psy did empowered vigor on u and not diminished vigor then that psy fails at life. honestly ive seen so many psys 2 and 3 hit BMs and barbs before they even got a chance to touch them. charms will not be a problem at all. seriously u rly need to stay away from the oracle psys =/ they leave a bad impression on the class as a whole.

that psy casting empowered vigor on u in a TW setting speaks for itself.

at 9:01 A.M on 1/12/2010
    Ballistixz's stance remains the same. However, the differences between psychics and wizards come into play in his post caused by the posts of those to post before him. (Hamster observation: The post of others has led Ballistixz to step in with his views which while it be correct in a sense, *in later posts* has not been backed up with facts or data other then what he decides to make up.)
    nice. but u seem to not understand at all. a psy 2-3 hits a BM yest but the SPEED at which they do it at is insane. by the time they 2-3 hit a BM and kill them a wiz is still charging up there channele spell to one hit them while the psy is already at the next target...b:bye

sure u can one hit a BM if u want. but that is NOT what psy is about. there about speed. a psy may take more then 1 hit to take someone down but they take a person down ALOT faster then a wiz can.

so once AGAIN stop trying to compare a psy to a wizard. they have completly diffrent play styles and a psy is not about 1 hit nuking.

and psy not good against other classes? lol i suggest u spend more time with ur psy. but w/e, just dont QQ when psys start owning u in TWs and PK in a few more months when theres less oracle noobs running around b:bye

also u rly need to stop being biased and start comparing non noob psys with equal gear to a wizzard of the same caliber. u cannot deny the ammount of skills a psy has to utter cripple a wiz in a psy vs wiz fight and u cannot deny there fast casting and channeling time compared to a wiz. not to mention tide spirit which increases there mag atk and channeling speed even more. u just rly need to start learning how to play the class instead of just throwing them out the window after only a few days of playing them...

at 5:23 P.M on 1/14/2010
    Ballistixz's stance remains the same. Yet, lack of knowledge becomes apparent here when he states that a psychic can get off 2-3 hits while a wizard charges (BT which be what Mizuoni has referred to....which happens to be cast in 1.8 seconds when cast during sutra)
    there not. there only have back up support spells but there NOT a support class.

at 8:13 P.M
    Ballistixz's post show that he believes psychics are more of a DD class instead of a support class. (Me agree, they be more of a DD class but not so far as to completely eat wizards and do impossible things such as casting 2-3 skills within 1.8 seconds.) *this bit me just put in since me really do wish that more people bother to learn about what they be arguing about first.*

Future posts have been examined and countered in me previous posts.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Refer to post #100 and #104 as to how me has deduced you be referring to wizards.
    Now me ability to understand far exceeds those of most people....in fact, me generally happen to read through all of a thread first before me post. Combining that with me ability to read humans here be how me know that you has referred to wizards.

at 7:11 A.M on 1/11/2010
    Ballistixz has arrived into this thread with the opinion that the attacking speed of a psychic be where their strength lies. (Hamster obvservation: Agreed yet Ballistixz doesn't bother to research into other classes which basically makes most of his future arguments fail. Strangely enough it be ironic how he states "its a shame how so many ppl do not know how psys work." when he himself apparently doesn't know much about the other classes to begin with.)

at 9:01 A.M on 1/12/2010
    Ballistixz's stance remains the same. However, the differences between psychics and wizards come into play in his post caused by the posts of those to post before him. (Hamster observation: The post of others has led Ballistixz to step in with his views which while it be correct in a sense, *in later posts* has not been backed up with facts or data other then what he decides to make up.)

at 5:23 P.M on 1/14/2010
    Ballistixz's stance remains the same. Yet, lack of knowledge becomes apparent here when he states that a psychic can get off 2-3 hits while a wizard charges (BT which be what Mizuoni has referred to....which happens to be cast in 1.8 seconds when cast during sutra)

at 8:13 P.M
    Ballistixz's post show that he believes psychics are more of a DD class instead of a support class. (Me agree, they be more of a DD class but not so far as to completely eat wizards and do impossible things such as casting 2-3 skills within 1.8 seconds.) *this bit me just put in since me really do wish that more people bother to learn about what they be arguing about first.*

Future posts have been examined and countered in me previous posts.

hmm great deduction there but u still have yet to answer my question and ur only trying to make urself look "smart" by making a wall of text quoting my previous posts at random.

yes all of my posts have been between wizzards and psy. ive been debating the usefullness of a psy compared to a wizzard with mizouni in my other posts that is very obvious.

but this is where me and your little random argument started:

you ASSUMED i was talking about wizzards when i was not. i tried to tell u in as nice a manner as i could that i was reffering to psy and not wizzard and that u might have missunderstood me. u countinued to assume i was talking about wizzard after i told u i was not referring to them in that particular post. u go on to bash me and continue putting words in my mouth as if u can magically read my mind all of a sudden even tho i even went BACK and changed my post so u can better understand it. u STILL assume i was talking about wizzards.

so my question is, wtf?

also u 2-3 shots with BT can be done. i said why it can be done. increasing a wizzards BT channel time from 4 seconds to around 7 seconds with disturb soul and u say it cant be done? but im not going to go into that with u at all. i still want to know why you are keeping up this BS assumptions that i was suffering to a wizzard ur first post in this thread after i said in ever single post afterwards that i was reffering to psy. whats the point of even arguing that when i said i was not refering to wizards?

or is it you just want to twist my words up to look smart to all your hamster fans? im going to say it AGAIN. i was NOT reffering to wizzard, i was referring to PSY. want to continue to argue that i wasnt?

but it doesnt matter this agrument is stupid. u obviously misunderstood what i was saying and u refuse to believe u misunderstood because "your abillity to understand far exceeds that of most" but beleive and "understand" what u want. if u refuse to beleive u misunderstood me then so be it. i changed my post to help others that dont have as much hamster wisdom as u. im done with this senseless "you wasnt refering to psy u was refering to wizard" argument.

lets get back on topic
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lol I want to know what fail level 100 BM's Miz is fighting, I take less than 9k from SAGE BID crits after undine, from full arcane mages with +10 Rank8 Weapons, and 9k isnt even enough to 1 shot me this is selfbuffed mind you no EP or WB buffs.

Wizards hit hard yes as do psys but its impossible to 1 shot an at level BM who actually has a good build and knowledge of his class. I mean im sure you can 1 shot nub random CSer BM's but thats not a way to measure the pvp ability of a class, the only way to measure effective PvP capability is to consider people who actually play their class well.

on topic in PvP I would bet on a good wizard over a average psy simply because he has a physical attack skill that will 1-shot a pure arcane, but a good wizard vs a good psy will simply the psy white voodoo during your channel and absorb the spell with very little damage if you FoW prior to channeling your ulti he will pop 1k immortality pot or Absolute domain to soak the ultimate instead. The main role of a psy in pvp seems to be soaking ultimates and nuking when people are low on chi its not a perfect solo class although in good hands it can be fairly capable in its own right.
    edited January 2010
    hmm great deduction there but u still have yet to answer my question and ur only trying to make urself look "smart" by making a wall of text quoting my previous posts at random.

yes all of my posts have been between wizzards and psy. ive been debating the usefullness of a psy compared to a wizzard with mizouni in my other posts that is very obvious.

but this is where me and your little random argument started:

you ASSUMED i was talking about wizzards when i was not. i tried to tell u in as nice a manner as i could that i was reffering to psy and not wizzard and that u might have missunderstood me. u countinued to assume i was talking about wizzard after i told u i was not referring to them in that particular post. u go on to bash me and continue putting words in my mouth as if u can magically read my mind all of a sudden even tho i even went BACK and changed my post so u can better understand it. u STILL assume i was talking about wizzards.

so my question is, wtf?

also u 2-3 shots with BT can be done. i said why it can be done. increasing a wizzards BT channel time from 4 seconds to around 7 seconds with disturb soul and u say it cant be done? but im not going to go into that with u at all. i still want to know why you are keeping up this BS assumptions that i was suffering to a wizzard ur first post in this thread after i said in ever single post afterwards that i was reffering to psy. whats the point of even arguing that when i said i was not refering to wizards?

or is it you just want to twist my words up to look smart to all your hamster fans? im going to say it AGAIN. i was NOT reffering to wizzard, i was referring to PSY. want to continue to argue that i wasnt?

but it doesnt matter this agrument is stupid. u obviously misunderstood what i was saying and u refuse to believe u misunderstood because "your abillity to understand far exceeds that of most" but beleive and "understand" what u want. if u refuse to beleive u misunderstood me then so be it. i changed my post to help others that dont have as much hamster wisdom as u. im done with this senseless "you wasnt refering to psy u was refering to wizard" argument.

lets get back on topic
    but i am very curious. pls tell me how u came to the conclusion that i was referring to wizard in the first place when it was obvious that i was referring to psy because of me quoting mizouni who stated that a psy has long cast times?

first of all, me previous post of quoting your post has not been random...
    in fact it be a direct response to your previous question, 2 posts up....please don't ask questions which have answers you cannot handle nor understand.

secondly, when you state "also u 2-3 shots with BT can be done. i said why it can be done. increasing a wizzards BT channel time from 4 seconds to around 7 seconds with disturb soul and u say it cant be done?"

so you mean that a psychic can get off 2-3 shots while BT's being cast unbuffed with disturbed soul right? the counter argument for that was Wizard's sutra + BT = 0 second channeling which would mean it gets off at 1.8 seconds.

what be funny is...me posts be on topic. psychics will fight wizards in PvP simply because it be PvP....what me has proved be that you apparently have virtually no knowledge of other classes yet still believe that you can post your illogical arguments about psychics and PvP here. b:chuckle

xD
    for PvP me think that psychics would manage to hold their own...but would be great when paired up with another caster class. (^.^)
    like cast enpowering vigor on the targets that the clerics be healing (most likely the tank) and adding in support damage to finish off people that archers/wizard/BMs/even venos be attacking, etc.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    lol I want to know what fail level 100 BM's Miz is fighting, I take less than 9k from SAGE BID crits after undine, from full arcane mages with +10 Rank8 Weapons, and 9k isnt even enough to 1 shot me this is selfbuffed mind you no EP or WB buffs.

Wizards hit hard yes as do psys but its impossible to 1 shot an at level BM who actually has a good build and knowledge of his class. I mean im sure you can 1 shot nub random CSer BM's but thats not a way to measure the pvp ability of a class, the only way to measure effective PvP capability is to consider people who actually play their class well.

on topic in PvP I would bet on a good wizard over a average psy simply because he has a physical attack skill that will 1-shot a pure arcane, but a good wizard vs a good psy will simply the psy white voodoo during your channel and absorb the spell with very little damage if you FoW prior to channeling your ulti he will pop 1k immortality pot or Absolute domain to soak the ultimate instead. The main role of a psy in pvp seems to be soaking ultimates and nuking when people are low on chi its not a perfect solo class although in good hands it can be fairly capable in its own right.

ummm...the BM in my screenshot wasnt a one shot. He has 15k HP unbuffed right now i think, +12 TT100 fists, 5 attacks per second etc. I wont be able to one shot him until i go pure mag and grats on +10 your mdef ornis.

@Hamsta
    I <3 U

@the random sin guy
    wiz lowest casting time is .8 seconds. I think a chunk of the bosses HP dropping > bosses HP dropping very fast.

Psys suck at DPS, i would rather take an archer + wiz for great DPS.
    Psys arent good at solo PK, its not impossible, but its not easy.
    Psy is a gimped down version of wizard
    Psy is going to kill an arcane class with magic spells(which is fail)

Psys need a boost in order to be considered decent
    oh btw
    You do realize psychic is a beginner class right? Its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier than wizard and doesnt take much skill to play one. IJS.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ummm...the BM in my screenshot wasnt a one shot. He has 15k HP unbuffed right now i think, +12 TT100 fists, 5 attacks per second etc. I wont be able to one shot him until i go pure mag and grats on +10 your mdef ornis.

@Hamsta
    I <3 U

@the random sin guy
    wiz lowest casting time is .8 seconds. I think a chunk of the bosses HP dropping > bosses HP dropping very fast.

oh btw
    You do realize psychic is a beginner class right? Its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier than wizard and doesnt take much skill to play one. IJS.

did i switched game? =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010

@Hamsta
    I <3 U

@the random sin guy

oh btw

This made me laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Why do people keep on bashing Psychics ? "Psychic is a gimped down version of Wizard" "Psychic is a beginner class" "Psychics suck at DPS" (YEAH RIGHT LOL)

Tho, Psys don't need a boost as you say, they need their Demon/Sage spells.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
    edited January 2010
    Why do people keep on bashing Psychics ? "Psychic is a gimped down version of Wizard" "Psychic is a beginner class" "Psychics suck at DPS" (YEAH RIGHT LOL)

Agreed.....but me hope the skills they get be like archer's 79 & sage skills. (in terms of usefulness)
    b:sin
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Agreed.....but me hope the skills they get be like archer's 79 & sage skills. (in terms of usefulness)
    b:sin

u are evil!!! b:chuckle

give psys red tide same effect as sage bids!!^^
    give sage black voodoo -0def lv for the +22atk lv
    give some sage skills even less channel time...
    give sage skills even better efects...

same for demon lolz

give us 1 teleport skills wiht better look than shrink! like if u hide and then appear 25meters backward/forward, and a skill like undine strike-soul strikeb- target loses -30def lv for 15sec...for every 5000soulforce he loses -1def lvl =P

time to wake up b:pleased

Edit: anyway i think demon psys maybe dangerous cuz psys are not so chi dependant as wizies and +boost in ur beginer skills will ups ur dps by OMFGMDFOSFNM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010

@Hamsta
    I <3 U

@the random sin guy

oh btw

u rly have not given any time into ur psy at all have u =/. a psy is in no way inferior at DPS and pvp when being compared to a wizzard. also no, thats not how DPS works. if u want to maximize DPS u dont worry about damage per hit with a slow channel speed.
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    whats a +10?

My highest refine is my weapon(s) and armor at +5
    My ornaments are all +4

You really dont need more refines than that as a BM if you know your class to tank any mages incoming damage if im dragoned by another BM I can sometimes get a little worried but I have genie skills, pots etc to cover the difference. I do find it amusing you thought I had insane refines though to tank magic damage.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010

Psys...need...a...boost
    whats a +10?

My highest refine is my weapon(s) and armor at +5
    My ornaments are all +4

You really dont need more refines than that as a BM if you know your class to tank any mages incoming damage if im dragoned by another BM I can sometimes get a little worried but I have genie skills, pots etc to cover the difference. I do find it amusing you thought I had insane refines though to tank magic damage.

i forgot about magic marrow. I never used it on my BM cause my Bm never PK and stuffs.

If you were in the situation that BM was in, you wouldnt magic marrow.....unless you fail like that but im sure you are a great BM.

@people who disagree with what i say about psy
    PvP ability: ...............★★★★★
    Squad fight ability: .......★★★★★
    Grinding ability: ..........★★★★
    instants requirement: ......★★★★★
    player skill requirement: ..★★★

i agree with this just about
    LOL @ psy having the same player skill requirement as veno
  • _howler_ - Lost City
    _howler_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Mizuoni just because YOU failled at playing a psy doesn't mean they suck. Stick to being a wiz and quit bashing a class just because YOU didn't like it.

+ the class doesn't have demon or sage skillz. I garuntee if wizards didn't have demon/sage skills ppl would QQ and quit their wiz b4 9x

lol@ You sucking at a class that has the same player skill requirement as veno
    edited January 2010
    Psys...need...a...boost

all they really need is sage and demon skills and there. right now tho there perfectly fine to just lvl up untill they get there sage/demon skills and high enought to pvp efficiently.

still have no idea on why ur saying psy sux, but it just seems ur just to attached to ur wizzard which is resonable since u had it for so long. but trying to say a wizzard is way better then a psy and psy is a useless/meaningless class in comparison to a wizzard is just fanboyism and not true.

the devs would not make a class that is inferior to the rest of the classes.
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Mizuoni just because YOU failled at playing a psy doesn't mean they suck. Stick to being a wiz and quit bashing a class just because YOU didn't like it.

+ the class doesn't have demon or sage skillz. I garuntee if wizards didn't have demon/sage skills ppl would QQ and quit their wiz b4 9x

infact wiz used to suck until they got 79/100 skills

mizuoni is just being plain stupid

he is too one sided

just wait for the class to be fully released

i would have to agree that atm wizz>psy
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'll agree with whoever said that Psy's are ridiculously easy to play... because they are... The only advantage for pvp that i see is their casting/channeling speed and soul burn...

And at Magikrap... i completely disagree with the statement that Wiz sucks before 79/100 skills...
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010

I dont suck at psy. I'm a pretty decent one really. My veno is lvl 26, i got bored. See why i kept playing my psy.
    all they really need is sage and demon skills and there. right now tho there perfectly fine to just lvl up untill they get there sage/demon skills and high enought to pvp efficiently.

still have no idea on why ur saying psy sux, but it just seems ur just to attached to ur wizzard which is resonable since u had it for so long. but trying to say a wizzard is way better then a psy and psy is a useless/meaningless class in comparison to a wizzard is just fanboyism and not true.

the devs would not make a class that is inferior to the rest of the classes.
    read below
    infact wiz used to suck until they got 79/100 skills

mizuoni is just being plain stupid

he is too one sided

just wait for the class to be fully released

i would have to agree that atm wizz>psy

no, not true. When i got my 59 skills on my wiz, I saw a HUGE change in damage. tt60 was a even bigger leap. What turned me off when my psy hit 59 was that, i dont even use my ultis that much. Besides earth vector while aoeing grinding, the ultis arent really needed. You can play psy with aqua impact, spirit blast and black voodoo and have zero problem. It seemed sad that the class has nothing better to offer. Even if the sage/demon skills are OP or w/e, I'm not going to bother. Testing damage with 8x psys is very interesting and i got to do a TW with 2 of them today.

But psy is missing a few things that make them inferior to other magic classes.

Clerics, wizards and venos have physical attacks
    Psy doesnt

Clerics, wizards and venos have great damage modifiers
    Psy doesnt

Psy seems to be a jack of all trades class. It has a bit of each class in it but not as good as the other classes do it. So it makes a great class for beginners and its easy to play in pvp and pve.

Psys have their good points, but what makes them bad is, the other magic classes can do those things better. Name one thing a psy can do and i can name a class that does it better.

Do you understand now?