• CyanideX - Lost City
    CyanideX - Lost City Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    sigh...
    Wizards- use your highest level skills and they should drop
    BMs - spark - nuke = one shot
    Archers- spark - nuke = one shot
    Clerics- diminshed vigor, you might want soul of stunning, then follow wizard
    Assassins- pray you crit on a nuke
    Psychics- follow wizard
    Venos- follow wizard
    Barbs- follow wizard

Depending on what skills you have highest really. I normally use aqua impact, spirit blast and glacial shards on cooldown. Diminshed vigor on clerics so when they try to IH themselves, its an epic fail. Other than the use empowered vigor so you can bubble of life + relentless courage(genie) yourself mid duel/PK.

What do you have as nukes? Everyone says the first 2 skills you get are best to max, and i agree since they do decent dmg and they are quick cast. But yea, im still a pretty low LV so just wondering what skills are better to LV later on. cheers :)
  • Amouriv - Dreamweaver
    Amouriv - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    so a lv56 psychic from >i cant pvp< server says psychic rox in pvp...b:laugh

i am a little bit curious when you say pvp you mean...duel between noobs?b:chuckle

any class can defeat psychics if they know how to deal with...b:bye
    my avatar is bugged, im 60 now and this was in pvp with charms and stuff. Dont bring me BS, i dont duel because i suck at dueling(unless its one of my friends who hates PKing, then ya...)
    What do you have as nukes? Everyone says the first 2 skills you get are best to max, and i agree since they do decent dmg and they are quick cast. But yea, im still a pretty low LV so just wondering what skills are better to LV later on. cheers :)

Aqua Cannon, landslide, glacial shards, sandburst blast, 59 skills are your nukes. Find which ones you like and level those. Spirit blast could be considered a nuke too i guess...
  • jebacx
    jebacx Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    how can i do pure psy i am 47 lvl and in str i have 40 in mag 222 so is this good?
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Bms.....are one shots......next

Yeah, if I stand there and give you time to cast your ult and not cast my shield maybe xD.

the BMs i fight arent dumb, im just not an easy kill
    the only way a 9x Bm that doesnt cash shop can kill me is

90 GX zerk + crit
    a genie skill

other than that, we fight until i crit them.

Well, for one, I didn't work hard to get the GX's just for the looks now did I? Second, yes LA wiz is a bit harder to kill if they keep spamming food like Erving b:chuckle. I had to stun lock him for 30 seconds straight to kill him. A easier way would be Roar, Demon spark, fists, Occult Ice towards end of Roar b:bye. Let's try that next week when I get back. b:cute

I can't wait to fight Psy in PvP. Doubt there are many high level of Psy's yet on DW, and a lot of our PKer's went to the new server b:cry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yeah, if I stand there and give you time to cast your ult and not cast my shield maybe xD.

Well, for one, I didn't work hard to get the GX's just for the looks now did I? Second, yes LA wiz is a bit harder to kill if they keep spamming food like Erving b:chuckle. I had to stun lock him for 30 seconds straight to kill him. A easier way would be Roar, Demon spark, fists, Occult Ice towards end of Roar b:bye. Let's try that next week when I get back.

I can't wait to fight Psy in PvP. Doubt there are many high level of Psy's yet on DW, and a lot of our PKer's went to the new server

ummm DD im talking about Psychic PK and ummmm i dont use event food in PK, just a HP charm.....oh nvm i c

Sure, next week i will have sage spark and all my sage skillsb:cute

Oh did you hear about all the Psys on Raging Tide rage quitting and rerolling wiz? It happened in WC, i found it funny
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • beastboyisbeast
    beastboyisbeast Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    sigh...
    Wizards- use your highest level skills and they should drop
    BMs - spark - nuke = one shot
    Archers- spark - nuke = one shot
    Clerics- diminshed vigor, you might want soul of stunning, then follow wizard
    Assassins- pray you crit on a nuke
    Psychics- follow wizard
    Venos- follow wizard
    Barbs- follow wizard

Depending on what skills you have highest really. I normally use aqua impact, spirit blast and glacial shards on cooldown. Diminshed vigor on clerics so when they try to IH themselves, its an epic fail. Other than the use empowered vigor so you can bubble of life + relentless courage(genie) yourself mid duel/PK.

Since both Wizard and Psychics are generally Arcane armoured, it would be a close call and as far as I know Wizards hit harder. It could be different if either were wearing a light armour.
    He's charging his lazer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Oh did you hear about all the Psys on Raging Tide rage quitting and rerolling wiz? It happened in WC, i found it funny

b:bored why?

I haven't had time to play my Psy yet... b:cry or my Sin for that matter. But I'm looking forward to *cough* oracle my Psy up b:avoid (Have tons left over from JJ). I hope I don't suck at it since it's be my first caster... then again, there are not many PKers left on DW -_-. My Sin on HL should be fun. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:bored why?

I haven't had time to play my Psy yet... b:cry or my Sin for that matter. But I'm looking forward to *cough* oracle my Psy up b:avoid (Have tons left over from JJ). I hope I don't suck at it since it's be my first caster... then again, there are not many PKers left on DW -_-. My Sin on HL should be fun. b:victory

something about, Psy doesnt have any phys damage skills and is just a gimped version of a wizard and you might as well be a wiz. Not flaming psys, ijs
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In my experience so far... Psychics are the easiest class to kill, as long as they don't get off soulburn. Their pewpews don't do much comparatively, and they go down really fast. Killed an 8x Essence psy with barely any effort the other day. Admittedly, my experience with 8x and above is limited at this point, but so far I haven't been impressed. However, definitely wouldn't mind squadding with one for support--I rather like that heal buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    its a shame how so many ppl do not know how psys work. if u just look at there skills its so freakin obvious on what the class is. a psy is NOT a nuke class. it does NOT rely on one powerful atk to take down a enemy like wizzards do. look at all there fast channeling skills and debuffs and try to figure that out. dont go up to someone thinking ur a wizzard and try to do as much dmg in a single hit as u can cuz u will fail.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    its a shame how so many ppl do not know how psys work. if u just look at there skills its so freakin obvious on what the class is. a psy is NOT a nuke class. it does NOT rely on one powerful atk to take down a enemy like wizzards do. look at all there fast channeling skills and debuffs and try to figure that out. dont go up to someone thinking ur a wizzard and try to do as much dmg in a single hit as u can cuz u will fail.

Then psys will fail. You need to do a large amount of damage in order to bypass someones charm. It doesnt matter how fast you are hitting, if you cant bypass someones charm, its only a matter of time before they crit you...

Psy is pretty much a PvE class.....

oh there was a psy in TW this past weekend. Most of the time they were on the ground eating dirt and their cata support skills were useless since i was only taking 79 damage per skill i did and empowered vigor was pretty much useless.
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Then psys will fail. You need to do a large amount of damage in order to bypass someones charm. It doesnt matter how fast you are hitting, if you cant bypass someones charm, its only a matter of time before they crit you...

oh there was a psy in TW this past weekend. Most of the time they were on the ground eating dirt and their cata support skills were useless since i was only taking 79 damage per skill i did and empowered vigor was pretty much useless.

2 ways of killing a charm

bypass it
    wizards are great at this because they hit fking hard in one go
    psychic will kinda suck at this cos they dont have hard hitting moves even with b voodoo

tick it and dps
    wizards are great at this cos of sutra, it destroys their chaneling disadvantage however 2 sparks are needed
    given a psy has 2 sparks redtide+ baby nuke spam will be pretty cool guy
    but not as good as sutra ulti followed by wiz baby nuke spam

if a wiz and psy both didnt have sparks then the psy would do better because
    bvoodoo (spirit blast + aqua ****) spam > gush pyro spam

psy is less chi dependant

psy should be useful in tw with charm buffs and good aoe dps
    and in tws bypassing charms is not generally what happens all the tiem
    its more like debuff barb and then the magic classes dps their **** of after the barbs charm tick
    spiking a barb is hard

instead of using chi on **** moves like earth vector psy should prolli save up 3 spark and triple spark and release sandburst and glacial aoe moves in tw
    it should be devastating

ice dragon is cool cos it hits big in one go
    it will delete most non factors in a tw
    and if it crits it will delete most factor squishies

red tide is cool cos the soulforce component ignores defenses
    so it is great for targets that have not been purged or ppls with high defenses
    level 100 psy has 15-16k soulpowerz
    so that like 4k unresistable damage over 9 seconds?
    its gonna tick charms like ****
    leaving open for subsequent attacks with glacial and sandburst attack

im gonna give my psy a go
    ill see how it goes in pvp
  • Lustra - Raging Tide
    Lustra - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    how can i do pure psy i am 47 lvl and in str i have 40 in mag 222 so is this good?
    pls helppppp
  • Visira - Sanctuary
    Visira - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    pls helppppp

Pure Psy is 9 mag/1 str every 2 levels. Since your avatar is level 48 at the moment, I'll run my calculations off that.

Kay, so basically, we just need to find the str you should have if you go 9mag/1str every two levels. Simple stuff, divide your level by 2 (48/2=24). Add the 5 base str, and you've got 29 str. Rest of your points should be in mag. You currently have 40 str, so you're 11 str over the limit. Hold off on adding any str for the next...22 levels I believe, and keep adding 5 mag until then. Then you'll be a pure psy. o;
  • Lustra - Raging Tide
    Lustra - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ty visirab:victory
    edited January 2010
    Options

a psy wont have no problem getting passed a charm especially with diminished vigor black voodo and tide spirit..... like i said, psy =/= wizzard. for a psy u do not need to hit hard to by pass a charm. they have MANY status effects and fast hard hitting spells. basically a psy can just DOT or DPS passed a charm because there skills are just insanely fast to channel and cast. and if they rly need to they can easily do a ulti to finish the job up.

also if that psy did empowered vigor on u and not diminished vigor then that psy fails at life. honestly ive seen so many psys 2 and 3 hit BMs and barbs before they even got a chance to touch them. charms will not be a problem at all. seriously u rly need to stay away from the oracle psys =/ they leave a bad impression on the class as a whole.

that psy casting empowered vigor on u in a TW setting speaks for itself.
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

bypass it
    psychic will kinda suck at this cos they dont have hard hitting moves even with b voodoo

tick it and dps
    wizards are great at this cos of sutra, it destroys their chaneling disadvantage however 2 sparks are needed

its more like debuff barb and then the magic classes dps their **** of after the barbs charm tick
    spiking a barb is hard

instead of using chi on **** moves like earth vector psy should prolli save up 3 spark and triple spark and release sandburst and glacial aoe moves in tw
    it should be devastating

sometimes even wiz do sage/demon spark instead of sutra+ulty however sutra+ulty still own...
    a wiz need 3spark and 99chi to do this combo...
    if a psy have 3spark and 99chi we can kick any1 ****....we can do demon/sage spark and spam fast skills wiht low channel, is deadly, glacial shards and sandburst blast become hard nukes and just cast fast as sages stone rain wiht the good point of less chan for more cast time, after do spark+1hit u get another free spark if u have 1spark and 99chi left or close, that 2 spark may be used in red tide for a strong aoe or in 1 of teh 1spark skills we got that do a godly job wiht soulpower...

i dont know about tide spirit effect yet but i will find out ;P
    anyway in psy vs wiz teh fight is very easy,,,disturb soul and wiz sutra is gliched, actually a few increase in channel time makes sutra effect stop working, lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i dont know about tide spirit effect yet but i will find out ;P
    anyway in psy vs wiz teh fight is very easy,,,disturb soul and wiz sutra is gliched, actually a few increase in channel time makes sutra effect stop working, lol

ts allways easy if ur oppononent is a noob :)
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ts allways easy if ur oppononent is a noob :)

lol yeh XD
    but i mean a soul disturbed wiz is a dummy^^ unless he shrinks away rolf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options

bypass it

tick it and dps

spiking a barb is hard

it should be devastating

a psy wont have no problem getting passed a charm especially with diminished vigor black voodo and tide spirit..... like i said, psy =/= wizzard. for a psy u do not need to hit hard to by pass a charm. they have MANY status effects and fast hard hitting spells. basically a psy can just DOT or DPS passed a charm because there skills are just insanely fast to channel and cast. and if they rly need to they can easily do a ulti to finish the job up.

also if that psy did empowered vigor on u and not diminished vigor then that psy fails at life. honestly ive seen so many psys 2 and 3 hit BMs and barbs before they even got a chance to touch them. charms will not be a problem at all. seriously u rly need to stay away from the oracle psys =/ they leave a bad impression on the class as a whole.

that psy casting empowered vigor on u in a TW setting speaks for itself.

empowered vigor wasnt on me, it was on a enemy cata barb. He still dropped pretty fast. Decreased vigor or w/e it is called is probably the only thing i like about psy.

Conclusion
    -Psys are useless solo
    -Psys dont do OMGWTFLOLYOUJUSTGOTHITFOR22KBBQSAUCEPWNWUT? damage
    -i want me a psy slave for TW....
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hmm if u think that. but the psy ive seen so far are the exact opposite of what u describe so idk if ur just not fighting good psys on ur server or what but they are far from bad lol. i have not seen a single psy as do as u describe so far and most of them 2 to 3 hit BMs.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hmm if u think that. but the psy ive seen so far are the exact opposite of what u describe so idk if ur just not fighting good psys on ur server or what but they are far from bad lol. i have not seen a single psy as do as u describe so far and most of them 2 to 3 hit BMs.

nice, while they are 2-3 hitting BMs, im one shotting BMs and doing 9.8k crits on a BM with full tt99 set +10 and +12 tt100 fists with every single event gear you can imagine and im LA...which fails btw

Psys can kill the easy classes like archers and BMs, but they wouldnt last long against any other.
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    QQ more please and compare psy lvl 1-59 skills to 79s
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nice, while they are 2-3 hitting BMs, im one shotting BMs and doing 9.8k crits on a BM with full tt99 set +10 and +12 tt100 fists with every single event gear you can imagine and im LA...which fails btw

Psys can kill the easy classes like archers and BMs, but they wouldnt last long against any other.

nice. but u seem to not understand at all. a psy 2-3 hits a BM yest but the SPEED at which they do it at is insane. by the time they 2-3 hit a BM and kill them a wiz is still charging up there channele spell to one hit them while the psy is already at the next target...b:bye

sure u can one hit a BM if u want. but that is NOT what psy is about. there about speed. a psy may take more then 1 hit to take someone down but they take a person down ALOT faster then a wiz can.

so once AGAIN stop trying to compare a psy to a wizard. they have completly diffrent play styles and a psy is not about 1 hit nuking.

and psy not good against other classes? lol i suggest u spend more time with ur psy. but w/e, just dont QQ when psys start owning u in TWs and PK in a few more months when theres less oracle noobs running around b:bye

also u rly need to stop being biased and start comparing non noob psys with equal gear to a wizzard of the same caliber. u cannot deny the ammount of skills a psy has to utter cripple a wiz in a psy vs wiz fight and u cannot deny there fast casting and channeling time compared to a wiz. not to mention tide spirit which increases there mag atk and channeling speed even more. u just rly need to start learning how to play the class instead of just throwing them out the window after only a few days of playing them...
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Psychics are really good pvp wise and they can beat most classes pretty easily if you arent prepared. Psychics have lots of debuffs including one that slows down the charm ticking time which goes perfectly with their fast channelling spells. Best thing about psychics isnt their output dmg but how fast they do it and their debuffs, but ofc they will never be DD like wizards are.
    Psychics overall are a great class pvp wise and pve wise but people must remember always that they arent nukers, they are a support class.
  • Szol - Harshlands
    Szol - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and pve support looks like what? except dealing dmg ? =)

oh ya ... 1 buff every 3 min NAISb:thanksb:victory

same for pvp - 1 debuff every 3 mins - 1 spell to kill dumb clerics
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and pve support looks like what? except dealing dmg ? =)

oh ya ... 1 buff every 3 min NAISb:thanksb:victory

same for pvp - 1 debuff every 3 mins - 1 spell to kill dumb clerics

Are you trying to tell me that psychics arent a support class? :)
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Are you trying to tell me that psychics arent a support class? :)

there not. there only have back up support spells but there NOT a support class.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    nice. but u seem to not understand at all. a psy 2-3 hits a BM yest but the SPEED at which they do it at is insane. by the time they 2-3 hit a BM and kill them a wiz is still charging up there channele spell to one hit them while the psy is already at the next target...b:bye

sure u can one hit a BM if u want. but that is NOT what psy is about. there about speed. a psy may take more then 1 hit to take someone down but they take a person down ALOT faster then a wiz can.

so once AGAIN stop trying to compare a psy to a wizard. they have completly diffrent play styles and a psy is not about 1 hit nuking.

and psy not good against other classes? lol i suggest u spend more time with ur psy. but w/e, just dont QQ when psys start owning u in TWs and PK in a few more months when theres less oracle noobs running around b:bye

also u rly need to stop being biased and start comparing non noob psys with equal gear to a wizzard of the same caliber. u cannot deny the ammount of skills a psy has to utter cripple a wiz in a psy vs wiz fight and u cannot deny there fast casting and channeling time compared to a wiz. not to mention tide spirit which increases there mag atk and channeling speed even more. u just rly need to start learning how to play the class instead of just throwing them out the window after only a few days of playing them...

my sandstorm can one shot a BM and that takes 2.5 seconds to channel. If im not mistaken, it takes a psy 2 seconds to do a skill. Psys DO have fast channeling but they DO have long cast times.

Psys are wannabe support DD solo class
    Psys have their little tricks, but they arent the best thing since sliced bread and thus not worth my time to level. Btw, i been playing psy for about a month now.
  • Magikrap - Lost City
    Magikrap - Lost City Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Still... earth vector looks like a decent spell.

earth vector is gonna suck imo
    save that spark for psychic will considering we dont have rock sield like wiz