The Return of Anniversary Pack Discussion Thread

Comments

• ulrejaz85
    ulrejaz85 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    People, seriously, stop complaining

Here's why:

1. The PWI top brass will not listen to you, they make decisions without your input because they can.
    2. There will always be new players so for those who rage quit; it was nice knowing you and see you in 2 - 3 months when you calmed down.
    3. Spoons have no authority on sales of cash shop items, so stop blaming him.
    4. They need revenue to keep the game going, the PWI staff needs their paycheck.
    5. You people are all secretly waiting for the Anniversary Pack to return so you can get your cheap tokens for shards and stuff. So stop whining.
    6. GET OVER IT, IT IS DONE, THE ANNIVERSARY PACKS ARE BACK!!, so stop whining.
    7. Enjoy the cheap tokens, for those who complain, one word: "Hypocrite".

For anyone who thinks i am a cash-shopper, I HAVE NOT CASH SHOP BEFORE IN MY PWI LIFE!! I haven't brought an anniversary pack before and never will. I get everything with in-game coins and will continue to do so.

That is all...b:bye
  • Seirura - Heavens Tear
    Seirura - Heavens Tear Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2009
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't have a problem with Cash Shoppers i do that occasionally, but don't ignore the huge amount of Free players. Cater to them a little here and there don't continually make them feel liket they are unimportant cause without them the Cash Shoppers have no one to sell their wares to except others than can buy them them selves.

^ This.

Very good point!
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    **** this is so BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remove the god dam packs NO ONE WANTS THEM!!!! only gold seller love them. god making these dam things come back destroyes the whole game and makes people LEAVE!!!

Dont overreact.. if you have not noticed, lots of the people that said the same thing last Anypack sale are making the some complains on this thread... meaning, nothing has changed, and they never left... Most likely, they will be complaining about the next Anypack sale after this one as well.

I pointed out before, as much as you hate the anypacks, they sell like hotcakes, therefore, they will be part of PWI for the future.

All of us make them the most popular packs ever, since we all buy the cheap shards, and the cheaper Ultimate subs, and the cheaper teles, and the cheaper skill books, etc, etc, etc. The cash shoppers only buy the packs because the rest of us are more than happy to buy all the stuff they do not want, which enable them to break even or make a profit, therefore they buy more packs, etc.

Same goes for lots of the higher level players sitting on hundreds of millions of coins, they are more than happy to buy either packs themselves or tokens, which in turn motivates the cash shoppers to buy more, and that makes the anypacks the most successful sale event ever.

When the expansion packs were realesed lots of people were complaining how they did not like to have packs based 100% on luck, and how they wished the anypacks were back instead, since at least they would get tokens if they did not get the good items, which you could trade for things you need, like shards, teles, angels, etc.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • ZSage - Heavens Tear
    ZSage - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    QQ and happy anniversary PWI...
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    we need a place to vent dont we? at least we are listening to each other? eerr nvm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kikirani
    kikirani Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    really? why not just call them monthly greed packs and get it over with?

this game is quickly becoming a joke like another MMO i can think of.

I'm sure there are a lot of MMO's like this. They are after all a type of business. And for them to be able to keep PW running they have to make money.

Basically it goes like this:

Anni Packs arrive-- Sales go up

Anni Packs are taken out-- Sales go down

No I'm not a Cash Shopper, but that is how it is.
    Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. --- Helen Keller

"For the people who love to complain, whine, cry, and moan over every little detail of their life. Build a bridge and get over it. Or I'll push you in the river you made."

Epic Failure--To the Avatar that won't show.
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm just as upset as anyone, but come on guys, 20 pages of the same QQ posts? Jeebus, we aren't even 15 minutes into maintenance yet...b:shocked
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    agreed, but if only F2P people leave, and heavy cash shoppers stay, no problem money wise, the F2P people just create higher electricity bills from economic stand point. does this make it right? no. does it make profits? yes.

Well I used to be a cash shopper.. Even tho it wasn't much, my husband and I quit spending the 80-100.00 a month we were spending on this game. We now spend 10.00 a month and make do.

Yes, they are losing. Maybe they made up for my 100 bucks from someone else. I don't know. I am usually optomistic but I am at the point where I am so glad I'm not on a pvp server. I agree with something I read earlier this week how they took a fantasy world and allowed the real world in, in every aspect.

Eventually all the cash shoppers will only have themselves to sell to. When that happens, the game will go under.

Apparently you didn't think of that. So congrats on your uber exciting anni pack sale.. for the 4th 1 year anniversary in 4 months. When the cash shoppers have millions on millions in game and no1 else to squeeze out of their money in game (ie. F2P people)enjoy the fold.
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Being a cash shopper doesn't make you a better gamer than anyone, just means you have tons of money to blow on a game. Those of us who don't, really don't need the attitudes of those of you who do.

Because those of you who do, are the ones who are the most greedy (generally), not all. But that's why all of the prices get insane and outrageous causing this to slowly become a pay to play.

ATM, it is free to play, pay to win (as someone in other threads has said). But don't punish those who don't pay for cash shop items with your greed in the game. We don't need it, nor do we want it. Bad enough people grind their arses off to enjoy a semi-decent pw gaming, we don't need the economy to crash because those people paying for gold decide they want more than what drops.

If the devs put a better drop rate for items, to stabilize the economy (and no i don't mean from those packs in cash shop, i mean from actual pve mobs), then I could see less "QQ" about this.

You and almost everyone in this thread seem to forget one major point, PWE IS a company. PWE NEEDS to make profits. If this was absolutely free who is paying for all the people who work for the company?

I've said it before, and i'll say it again, CASH SHOPPERS KEEP THE COMPANY RUNNING. You aren't forced to BUY the gold from the auction hall just like you aren't FORCED to buy anything from the Boutique.

I do also understand everyone needs a place to vent, so please do commence b:laugh
  • kikirani
    edited December 2009
    Dont overreact.. if you have not noticed, lots of the people that said the same thing last Anypack sale are making the some complains on this thread... meaning, nothing has changed, and they never left... Most likely, they will be complaining about the next Anypack sale after this one as well.

I pointed out before, as much as you hate the anypacks, they sell like hotcakes, therefore, they will be part of PWI for the future.

All of us make them the most popular packs ever, since we all buy the cheap shards, and the cheaper Ultimate subs, and the cheaper teles, and the cheaper skill books, etc, etc, etc. The cash shoppers only buy the packs because the rest of us are more than happy to buy all the stuff they do not want, which enable them to break even or make a profit, therefore they buy more packs, etc.

Same goes for lots of the higher level players sitting on hundreds of millions of coins, they are more than happy to buy either packs themselves or tokens, which in turn motivates the cash shoppers to buy more, and that makes the anypacks the most successful sale event ever.

When the expansion packs were realesed lots of people were complaining how they did not like to have packs based 100% on luck, and how they wished the anypacks were back instead, since at least they would get tokens if they did not get the good items, which you could trade for things you need, like shards, teles, angels, etc.

QFT ++

Off Topic: I like your signature lol
    Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. --- Helen Keller

"For the people who love to complain, whine, cry, and moan over every little detail of their life. Build a bridge and get over it. Or I'll push you in the river you made."

• Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm an addicted cash shopper at an unhealthy level. I have spent over $800 in the past few months on this game. I own a herc, nix, fashion, and spent several hundred on anni packs.

Honestly, this time I will have to pass on anni packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amaterasa - Dreamweaver
    Amaterasa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    How about instead of bringing these anni packs back every few weeks start offering an optional subscription based service for cash players. Subscribe to PWI for a monthly fee of 15 dollars or so and get extra drops, exp, and coins. This would be purely optional but many people I'm sure would subscribe to this. I know i would. PWI would profit and gold prices would hopefully stabilize bringing the in game economy back to normal. Just my opinion. Happy Holidays b:victory
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree with _River. These cash-shoppers think they're so much better than non cash-shoppers. This has just been proving by one of them saying "You're Welcome", like we owe him a thanks. I owe you a thanks? Ok..Thanks for contributing to rising gold prices. Thanks for throwing your money in our faces and mocking the poor. I owe you nothing, and you're no better than anyone else here. I pay nothing to play this game. Does that mean you're better than me? Absolutely not. It just means you'd rather spend real money on pixels. What will you do if this game ever goes under? All that money down the toilet. b:chuckle
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Apparently you didn't think of that. [...] When the cash shoppers have millions on millions in game and no1 else to squeeze out of their money in game (ie. F2P people)enjoy the fold.

I am sure you have wondered how come there are coin boxes in the game that you can open with a hammer......
    Ok..Thanks for contributing to rising gold prices.

Heavy cash shoppers actualy keep the gold prices down. Free players that use in-game coin to buy gold are the ones that cause gold prices to go up. If the heavy CS players did not dump into the game, the prices of gold would be maxed long time ago.

If you are going to blame people, blame the right ones. In the case you mentioned, free players are the ones to blame, since cash shoppers already have the gold, and do not need to bid on buying more gold with coins.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • kikirani
    edited December 2009
    I'm just as upset as anyone, but come on guys, 20 pages of the same QQ posts? Jeebus, we aren't even 15 minutes into maintenance yet...b:shocked

It's basically a place for people to vent their hatred of the anni packs. Nothing wrong with it since everyone needs to vent. I find it rather entertaining to say the least.

• Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    People need to learn that there is only one goal of ANY business: to make $$$ and a lot of it. I hate anni packs, but damn, PWI would be morons not to bring them back based on how many sold last time.
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree with _River. These cash-shoppers think they're so much better than non cash-shoppers. This has just been proving by one of them saying "You're Welcome", like we owe him a thanks. I owe you a thanks? Ok..Thanks for contributing to rising gold prices. Thanks for throwing your money in our faces and mocking the poor. I owe you nothing, and you're no better than anyone else here. I pay nothing to play this game. Does that mean you're better than me? Absolutely not. It just means you'd rather spend real money on pixels. What will you do if this game ever goes under? All that money down the toilet. b:chuckle

They'll move on to another game with this type of "F2P" style b:bye
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009

Actually, I am one of them who has said "you're welcome" because if we didn't exist you would be playing another game. This one actually has better customer service compared to other free mmo's. But yes, cash shoppers support this game so items do come easier to us because it's less expensive for us to obtain them. Several hours to earn a few hundred K vs 1 hour work from a "real life job" to earn a few mil to purchase the items we desire.

Before you say that people who buy gold are the ones who support the game too, remember... if we didn't buy it you wouldn't have it to buy with your in game coin. You do support it by feeding my coin habbit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kikirani
    edited December 2009
    I'm an addicted cash shopper at an unhealthy level. I have spent over $800 in the past few months on this game. I own a herc, nix, fashion, and spent several hundred on anni packs.

Honestly, this time I will have to pass on anni packs.

I'm sure someone will spend enough money in your place hehe

• SiIentBIade - Sanctuary
    SiIentBIade - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't have a problem with Cash Shoppers i do that occasionally, but don't ignore the huge amount of Free players. Cater to them a little here and there don't continually make them feel liket they are unimportant cause without them the Cash Shoppers have no one to sell their wares to except others than can buy them them selves.
    Being a cash shopper doesn't make you a better gamer than anyone, just means you have tons of money to blow on a game. Those of us who don't, really don't need the attitudes of those of you who do.

Because those of you who do, are the ones who are the most greedy (generally), not all. But that's why all of the prices get insane and outrageous causing this to slowly become a pay to play.

ATM, it is free to play, pay to win (as someone in other threads has said). But don't punish those who don't pay for cash shop items with your greed in the game. We don't need it, nor do we want it. Bad enough people grind their arses off to enjoy a semi-decent pw gaming, we don't need the economy to crash because those people paying for gold decide they want more than what drops.

If the devs put a better drop rate for items, to stabilize the economy (and no i don't mean from those packs in cash shop, i mean from actual pve mobs), then I could see less "QQ" about this.

part of the blame is indeed human greed on the part of heavy cash shoppers, but there is nvr a situation where there is only 1 group to blame. people who r willing to buy the gold at this price r also to blame. along with the devs for presenting the opprotunities. and while it is also the feeling of supriority the heavy cash shoppers (not all tho) have that beats down F2P players, its also the fact that the devs are obviously not listening to the player base. as for the heavy cash shoppers feeling suprior heres a quote, "no one can make someone feel inferior without that person's consent." as for the devs part...idk if what we say even reachs them or not...
  • Hellatia - Dreamweaver
    Hellatia - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you are given what table-scraps you get, seems you can make the most of the game as 'free'. Takes longer to level, sure, and I quit spending money in the CS a LONG time ago. Just can't afford it. Been levelling on leftovers since w/ NO TT' armor and a Legendary 70-Weap (I bought after selling the useless dyes I no longer need). Turned off WC too since people cry alot on it and it makes NO difference, and never will. Much like this thread.
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have an awesome idea to solve money problems in this game: RAISE THE FREAKEN DROP RATES!!!!!!!!
  • kikirani
    edited December 2009
    They'll move on to another game with this type of "F2P" style b:bye

Indeed they would.

• ll00
    ll00 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    o boy i was in game selling stuff

didn't see the message and end up buying token at 25k. That right off the bat a loss. Why can't gm make the announcement tomorrow like all other update
  • SiIentBIade - Sanctuary
    SiIentBIade - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well I used to be a cash shopper.. Even tho it wasn't much, my husband and I quit spending the 80-100.00 a month we were spending on this game. We now spend 10.00 a month and make do.

Yes, they are losing. Maybe they made up for my 100 bucks from someone else. I don't know. I am usually optomistic but I am at the point where I am so glad I'm not on a pvp server. I agree with something I read earlier this week how they took a fantasy world and allowed the real world in, in every aspect.

Eventually all the cash shoppers will only have themselves to sell to. When that happens, the game will go under.

Apparently you didn't think of that. So congrats on your uber exciting anni pack sale.. for the 4th 1 year anniversary in 4 months. When the cash shoppers have millions on millions in game and no1 else to squeeze out of their money in game (ie. F2P people)enjoy the fold.

i feel like this game is alrdy planned out by the devs, if u notice the bottom left corner of the map is still blacked out, creating an irregular shape, and a spot for a 5th race. also at archo the sin and psy trainers went on 1 of the 2 side buildings. this games future was prolly decided back when it was created, and thus sales r hard to stop.
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I have an awesome idea to solve money problems in this game: RAISE THE FREAKEN DROP RATES!!!!!!!!

That wont make a positive difference with the fact that the game doesn't drain enough coin out of the game. Gold prices will go up..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kikirani
    edited December 2009
    part of the blame is indeed human greed on the part of heavy cash shoppers, but there is nvr a situation where there is only 1 group to blame. people who r willing to buy the gold at this price r also to blame. along with the devs for presenting the opprotunities. and while it is also the feeling of supriority the heavy cash shoppers (not all tho) have that beats down F2P players, its also the fact that the devs are obviously not listening to the player base. as for the heavy cash shoppers feeling suprior heres a quote, "no one can make someone feel inferior without that person's consent." as for the devs part...idk if what we say even reachs them or not...

If it does they don't care. With the substantial amount of profits they make when they have the Anni Packs in the boutiques they honestly don't care.

I think the only reason they take them out is so the popularity never dies.

• EvilVisage - Heavens Tear
    EvilVisage - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I personally think these packs are downright outrageous. I am no new player, but I do feel very bad for any new player who decided to start playing.

The way this is shaping out makes it nearly impossible for new players to get anywhere without spending RL money.

This is the kind of thing that ruins games.
    Got fish?
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Here's what you QQers can do okay,
    Go out side find a tree
    Take your ****ing head and start bashing it into the tree
    Take the blood that is coming out of your head and write RE,TARD on your head.
    That is what you look like atm!!!