The Return of Anniversary Pack Discussion Thread

Comments

• SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I read somewhere that only about 10% of the population charges zen for this game. Ten percent of the players are supporting the whole International division. It doesn't really matter whether a few lowbies quit, then, since there was not much of a chance that they would become one of the paying folks. Many higher leveled people on this forum are proud of never having spent a penny on this game too. While I commend them, other people are making this game possible b:thanks

LOL Prove it...give me the sourceb:laugh
  • Downed - Harshlands
    Downed - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I read somewhere that only about 10% of the population charges zen for this game. Ten percent of the players are supporting the whole International division. It doesn't really matter whether a few lowbies quit, then, since there was not much of a chance that they would become one of the paying folks. Many higher leveled people on this forum are proud of never having spent a penny on this game too. While I commend them, other people are making this game possible b:thanks

+1 to this because for chirstmas i plan on chargeing around $200 for oracles.

so i guess i somewhat make this game possible?
  • skeleg
    skeleg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Actually it does matter if the lowbies quit. There are 3 types of players in this game. Theres the cash shoppers, the players that work hard, and the players that work hard and spend a few bucks on the game every now and again. The incentive to cash shop in this game would be the idea of being "the best" or at least better then those who work hard and dont cash shop. If theres no players who just work hard and dont cash shop to get uber gear then the incentive to cash shop is gone and theres no reason to do so anymore. These repeated events that give cash shoppers to much of an advantage are causing most of the hard working players to quit and fairly soon id imagine its going to get to the point where the servers will start dying out because of it. on the old game i players something similar to this occured and as a result the servers became so dead that in order to save money and keep the game up they actually started to merge the servers together. If nothing is done about this then id imagine something similar will occur here. Anni packs need to go bye bye.
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I was just beginning to put some coins away for a mount for one of my characters. So much for that idea.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There's so much I'd love to say regarding my opinion of the devs that I will keep to myself to avoid a ban.

That is all.

You were going great. New expansion...awesome quests...new server....amazing content. Twice now the best F2P mmo out there. And twice you manage to wreck it. Astonishing O_o

EDIT: Simply from the announcement alone, gold on Sanc has jumped from 400k to a whopping 492k in a matter of minutes. Infact, I actually bought some 385k gold only yesterday.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    skeleg wrote: »
    Actually it does matter if the lowbies quit. There are 3 types of players in this game. Theres the cash shoppers, the players that work hard, and the players that work hard and spend a few bucks on the game every now and again. The incentive to cash shop in this game would be the idea of being "the best" or at least better then those who work hard and dont cash shop. If theres no players who just work hard and dont cash shop to get uber gear then the incentive to cash shop is gone and theres no reason to do so anymore. These repeated events that give cash shoppers to much of an advantage are causing most of the hard working players to quit and fairly soon id imagine its going to get to the point where the servers will start dying out because of it. on the old game i players something similar to this occured and as a result the servers became so dead that in order to save money and keep the game up they actually started to merge the servers together. If nothing is done about this then id imagine something similar will occur here. Anni packs need to go bye bye.

oh hai pw my-en. give it 10-14 more months and the only people left (on the pvp servers atleast) will be the cash shoppers that "invested" so much they are almost forced to keep playing.
  • Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary
    Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    MY TWO CENTS

Because all my dollars will be going towards packs again b:surrender

THANKS PW, IM NOW OFFICIALLY LIVING LIKE A COLLEGE STUDENT SO I CAN CASH SHOP MY LIFE AWAY TILL U REMOVE THESE TEMPTING OP THINGS FROM MY LIFE!

Psst... Actually buying the packs is a waste of your money. b:quiet
  • QueenOfMagic - Heavens Tear
    QueenOfMagic - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Anniversery packs are a huge huge mistake they completly ruined the game economy and now they are going to ruin the economy on the new sever and thts exactly why alot ppl rerolled on the new server to get away from all tht s**t and now its going to happen anyways what was the point of rerolling on the new sever now
  • _Juno_ - Heavens Tear
    _Juno_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Damn atleast call them somthing different. you devs should know by now your players trimble at the name anni packs.

on my own i don't rly care about them , they will make the prices of mp herb drop. therefor i can continue my clericness :D
    gold don't care about buying ingame i can make do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Anniversery packs are a huge huge mistake they completly ruined the game economy and now they are going to ruin the economy on the new sever and thts exactly why alot ppl rerolled on the new server to get away from all tht s**t and now its going to happen anyways what was the point of rerolling on the new sever now

So the heavy CS-users can oracle their characters up to 9x, get their uber gear from anni-packs, all join one faction, take over the map, and sit at the top gloating while everyone else takes months to catch up to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Downed - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    So the heavy CS-users can oracle their characters up to 9x, get their uber gear from anni-packs, all join one faction, take over the map, and sit at the top gloating while everyone else takes months to catch up to them.

+1 to this

oracler users unite!!!!b:victory
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Your post just made me realize that they got a new server prematurely while the population wasn't high enough and they don't have the spenders to pay for it. Hence the anniversary packs.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Untamedf - Lost City
    Untamedf - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    WHAT IN THE ****ING SEVEN ****!! WTF?!?!

GM'S WHY YOUR DOING THIS WHY?!?! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hmm hi?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009

GM'S WHY YOUR DOING THIS WHY?!?! b:angry

Because, no matter how much you hate the packs, they sell like hot cakes. It is really that simple, and nothing personal.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • kikirani
    kikirani Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    WHAT IN THE ****ING SEVEN ****!! WTF?!?!

GM'S WHY YOUR DOING THIS WHY?!?!

It's not the GM's. It's the Dev's.
    Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. --- Helen Keller

"For the people who love to complain, whine, cry, and moan over every little detail of their life. Build a bridge and get over it. Or I'll push you in the river you made."

Epic Failure--To the Avatar that won't show.
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    So much QQ over the packs.

Do you people still not understand that the people who PAY TO PLAY are the ones who allow you to have it FREE TO PLAY.

It's hard? Ok. Better than being FORCED to pay every month.

GG
  • kikirani
    edited December 2009
    Because, no matter how much you hate the packs, they sell like hot cakes. It is really that simple, and nothing personal.

QFT

Why should they care what we say? As long as their making a major profit.
    Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. --- Helen Keller

"For the people who love to complain, whine, cry, and moan over every little detail of their life. Build a bridge and get over it. Or I'll push you in the river you made."

• SiIentBIade - Sanctuary
    SiIentBIade - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    and here i was hoping to make this charrie F2P...*sigh* i still dun blame gms, however i do know they hold some (idk how much) sway over the dev's decisions, see if u can at least get anni packs time shortened pls. i can't see y the game would need more money, and if it rly does, then they should get a better CFO (chief financial officer).

Ediy: lol seems my avater is broken
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Rofl, QFT. It doesn't take a genius to realise the new server was created to make money. New server...Oracle packs in boutique...Casual return of packs again....funny coincidence. The income generated from cash shoppers going crazy becoming uber first on the new server must be vastly greater than the cost of running it.

What surprises me is the fact they didn't have a scarlet fruit sale. 1 gold each...I guarantee they'd have made a fortune lol. I've been selling a bunch I hoarded for 400k apiece on sanc lol.
  • Downed - Harshlands
    edited December 2009

Do you people still not understand that the people who PAY TO PLAY are the ones who allow you to have it FREE TO PLAY.

GG

i don't know why they can not grasp this.

btw im a majior cash shopper so you qqers are god dam welcome.
  • Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    **** this is so BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remove the god dam packs NO ONE WANTS THEM!!!! only gold seller love them. god making these dam things come back destroyes the whole game and makes people LEAVE!!!
    GRAPHICS AND MOTION DESIGNER
  • kikirani
    edited December 2009

GG

I don't completely agree with this but there is truth in it. No one has to buy the packs. You don't need anything in the cash shop, and though it increases the price of gold in the game *which usually has a dominos affect for everything else*. Doesn't mean you need those shiney new wings or the clothes.

• SiIentBIade - Sanctuary
    SiIentBIade - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    **** this is so BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remove the god dam packs NO ONE WANTS THEM!!!! only gold seller love them. god making these dam things come back destroyes the whole game and makes people LEAVE!!!

agreed, but if only F2P people leave, and heavy cash shoppers stay, no problem money wise, the F2P people just create higher electricity bills from economic stand point. does this make it right? no. does it make profits? yes.
  • TehMage - Lost City
    TehMage - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    kikirani wrote: »
    I don't completely agree with this but there is truth in it. No one has to buy the packs. You don't need anything in the cash shop, and though it increases the price of gold in the game *which usually has a dominos affect for everything else*. Doesn't mean you need those shiney new wings or the clothes.

Exactly, NO ONE is forced to buy them at all. Quit crying.

In the end what is this thing called?
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    The amount of anger in this thread has officially rofl'd my copter.
  • kikirani
    edited December 2009
    The amount of anger in this thread has officially rofl'd my copter.

I'm sure the Devs knew it was coming b:chuckle

• _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i don't know why they can not grasp this.

btw im a majior cash shopper so you qqers are god dam welcome.

Being a cash shopper doesn't make you a better gamer than anyone, just means you have tons of money to blow on a game. Those of us who don't, really don't need the attitudes of those of you who do.

Because those of you who do, are the ones who are the most greedy (generally), not all. But that's why all of the prices get insane and outrageous causing this to slowly become a pay to play.

ATM, it is free to play, pay to win (as someone in other threads has said). But don't punish those who don't pay for cash shop items with your greed in the game. We don't need it, nor do we want it. Bad enough people grind their arses off to enjoy a semi-decent pw gaming, we don't need the economy to crash because those people paying for gold decide they want more than what drops.

If the devs put a better drop rate for items, to stabilize the economy (and no i don't mean from those packs in cash shop, i mean from actual pve mobs), then I could see less "QQ" about this.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    really? why not just call them monthly greed packs and get it over with?

this game is quickly becoming a joke like another MMO i can think of.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This one's for the devs and the marketing team b:chuckle

NOT for you GMs

6iaeu1.gif

Oh and 'pack' a Merry Christmas everyone in PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I don't have a problem with Cash Shoppers i do that occasionally, but don't ignore the huge amount of Free players. Cater to them a little here and there don't continually make them feel liket they are unimportant cause without them the Cash Shoppers have no one to sell their wares to except others than can buy them them selves.
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]