graphical/crash issues in tideborn zone

Options
r0v3rh3drix
r0v3rh3drix Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Support Desk
im getting a flashing screen when i play on max settings with my tideborn character
on low settings the game randomly crashes
could this be due to server congestion/lag
i live in Australia (188 ms ping)
this problem does not occur in other areas
with my other characters
im running windows 7 and my computer exceeds the recommended system reqs
so is this problem some graphical compatibility issue or is it due to server congestion based lag
(no point posting screenshots because its just a flashing screen/crashes)
Post edited by r0v3rh3drix on

Comments

• Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I have the same issue. I made a tideborn and can't even walk two steps with that char without the game crashing.
    I am on Win 7 and an ATI card, but I don't think that's the issue, since none of my old chars have any problem (so no, it can't be lag either).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eaglesw - Lost City
    Eaglesw - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same problem here my Cleric works like butter but when I try to play the Tiderborn it does the exact same thing.
    I have Windows 7 x64 , E5200 , HD4870.
    Anyone know what to do?
    You will never fly alone!
  • cassi3
    cassi3 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah - Same Problem here - Vista 64 / Core i7 / ATI HD4850

newest ATI Drivers (Catalyst 9.11) already installed ...

EDIT:
    my Archer works fine...

I tried to Enter the new Area with with my Archer - flight there - and bam - flashing screen ... bug report ...
  • tsuki13
    tsuki13 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ah this exact same thing happened in Jade Dynasty when their Expantion pack came out, the new capital was flashy and glitchy. there really isn't much you can do. you'll have to wait until they fix the glitch, since this happened in JD they Should be able to know what to do and get it fixed faster....like I said Should....-_-'
  • Dragon_slayr - Sanctuary
    Dragon_slayr - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, after the update the game freezes and crashes-there must be a glitch in the update
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is every where
    It is in you now and forever it shall stay
    Life is the wind blowing sideways
    Life is the winter and the summer b:victoryb:victory
  • Dhboy - Dreamweaver
    Dhboy - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Happening to me aswell, screen just flashes and i cant do anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death smiles at us all.
    All a man can do is smile back.
  • Ktulhu - Dreamweaver
    Ktulhu - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The same here too b:sad So sad.
    "Американцы, ну они туупыыые..." (с) М. Задорнов
  • Minimono - Sanctuary
    Minimono - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah i'm experiencing the same issue, this is my comp specs

Intel(R) Core2Duo T9400 @ 2.53ghz
    4gb RAM
    ATI Radeon 3650 512mb
    Windows 7 64x bit

running the game on minimum or maximum also causes the same issue of flashing screen or crash
  • patlabor1977
    patlabor1977 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same here on my PC with ATI Graphic Card. Think it is due to ATI drivers. My other PC running NVIDIA Graphic Card is ok.
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same problem here.I cant play....rotate de camera and flash black screen..the game dont crush to desk...but I cant see nothing.Its a Bug...no pc problem...my specs are good.
    Win 7-Core2Duo 8400-3G ram-two ati 4850 in crossfire-All drivers at day.
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • akibera
    akibera Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm having the same problem and my sister got epilepsy because of flashing screen.........
    Active player since January 2010.
  • Sinoan - Sanctuary
    Sinoan - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same problem >.>
  • Dhboy - Dreamweaver
    Dhboy - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i wish a GM would actually reply to this thread, cant even get on the game. Pathetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death smiles at us all.
    All a man can do is smile back.
  • phryelyght
    phryelyght Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i'm also getting the same blackout problem. it just flashes as soon as i move. I'm playing on heaven's tear and i tried it on the new server as well. also i have mismatched skin if i try to customize the new characters. This has never happened before.

I run vista home premium not sure of the video card. most disappointed i can't play the new race b:cry
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same problems for me. I walk around, and suddenly the game screen goes black and flashes every so often. Backing up for awhile helps, when this happens, and putting it in best performance mode lessens the amount it happens, but it still happens. It makes this a lot less fun then it should be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • mr1random2789
    mr1random2789 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same here i got an ATI grafics card and 10 gb or ram, does it only affect people with ATI graphics card??? also i have found that if u move ur tide born char slightly out of the starting town in any direction the screen stops flashing :) try that , the only problem is i cant find the teleport thing... b:angry i have vista home basic :(
  • Ktulhu - Dreamweaver
    Ktulhu - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same here i got an ATI grafics card and 10 gb or ram, does it only affect people with ATI graphics card??? also i have found that if u move ur tide born char slightly out of the starting town in any direction the screen stops flashing :) try that , the only problem is i cant find the teleport thing... b:angry i have vista home basic :(

got ati too. why'd u need that much ram?b:surrender
    "Американцы, ну они туупыыые..." (с) М. Задорнов
  • Xorlia - Dreamweaver
    Xorlia - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I went to the Tideborn City and as soon as I teleported there, my game crashed :( With my Tideborn character. In the starting area my game lags, then goes smooth, then lags again...but now it just doesn't wanna work, and I can't level my new character.

EDIT: I have an ATI card as well. ATI Radeon Graphics 3100.
    Xorlia-Assassin-4x
    KimEunMi-Blademaster-3x
    Fabrianne-Cleric-1x
    Xinyk-Venomancer-1x
    Kallias-Psychic-1x
  • akibera
    akibera Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    the flashing won't stop if I go out of town -.-
    Active player since January 2010.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Sinoan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ran towards the first quest and the problem still occurs but only when i turn my camera towards the starting area.. So i get to play crippled yay!
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same here i got an ATI grafics card and 10 gb or ram, does it only affect people with ATI graphics card??? :(

Pliz GMS,confirm if the problem is only with Ati cards.Ati new catalyst release 9.12 is coming soon....but maybe bug resolved reinstalling the actual driver.I do it with others game bugs and fix it.But I duno if is ati problem....Nvidia Users have the problem too?
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So, the answer is to run the game in 800x600 mode on my 1920x1200 monitor? Are you nuts? If PWI can't be bothered to fix this problem, then I will go elsewhere untill they fix this. I have no desire to pretend I am back on my Commodore 64 or playing on the old Intelivision console.
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i tried to do what u said darthpanda16 but it told me it cant save. something about make sure the filepath is correct.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Sinoan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Think I found the source of the problem I think it lies with the teleporter to the next island so anytime your looking in the direction or your in that area the problem happens.
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you have a more modern system, turn down ALL the graphic settings and then experiment with the settings to then get the glitch to stop.

You can do this on the game launcher screen with the Settings button.

Then once in-game, you can then change the additional Settings under multiple tabs.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You may have to copy and paste the whole .ini file over to make the changes to it, and then replace it.

Windows UAC or the antivirus software might be restricting you.
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Is PWE going to investigate thsi problem? I've had no problem whatsoever running the game on my laptop. I've turned down every single grahpics detail i possibly could have and it is still glitchy.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm going to need some more information from you about your computer.

Find out what the model number for your PC is. Check the documentation that came with your PC, or look on the back or bottom of your PC for the model Number.

Please tell us the manufacturer's name of your system too! (Like HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc.)

Next, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Vista/7), and type in dxdiag and press enter.

Click on the Display tab, and then post here everything in the Device and Drivers boxes:
    dxdiag.jpg

Thanks!
  • KareszBeast - Heavens Tear
    KareszBeast - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I just tried the ini file change and it doesn't work. I tried changing all settings in the game already and nothing, still glitching. I'm fine outside the town though...
This discussion has been closed.