graphical/crash issues in tideborn zone

Options

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Please post the info requested above.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Sinoan - Sanctuary
    Sinoan - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm telling you it has something to do with the teleporter to the next island. Turning your graphics down wont do anything. I had to glitch my way to it to get the hell out of there now everything works fine. b:pleased
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Display
    Name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel
    Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Chipset Family
    DAC Type: Internal
    Approx. Total Memory: 358 MB
    Current Display Mode: 1280x800 (32 bit) (60hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Drivers
    Main Driver: igdumd32.dll
    Version: 7.14.0010.1437 (English)
    Date: 2/10/2008 7:36:08 PM
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    DDI Version: 9Ex

I tried to copy the whole thing in there and it still didnt wokr :(

My main lvl 85 BM has no problems at all atm. It seems that the tideborn area might though.

I have a HP laptop
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • chancellor85
    chancellor85 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    see below double post =-/
  • chancellor85
    edited December 2009
    Options
    heres a full graphics run down and im having same probs as everyone

Display Devices
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD4670
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9490)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9490&SUBSYS_25421028&REV_00
    Display Memory: 3571 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 503 MB
    Shared Memory: 3067 MB
    Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
    Driver Name: atidxx32,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atiumdva,atiumd64.dll,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
    Driver Version: 7.15.0010.0142 (English)
    DDI Version: 10.1
    BGRA Supported: No
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 10/17/2008 02:24:28, 2143744 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-D7D0-11CF-FC71-4805A1C2CA35}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x9490
    SubSys ID: 0x25421028
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C
    Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    {3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
  • System - Lost City
    System - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    same here i have win7 , HD4890
  • akibera
    akibera Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    sorry my computer is Hungarian but here it is anyways:
    123slqo.jpg
    Active player since January 2010.
  • Ktulhu - Dreamweaver
    Ktulhu - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Looks like the problem with textures in beginners location. If screen begins flashing moving the camera randomly helps to fix it for a while. Just completed the first quest and leaved the loc and everything began to work fine.
    "Американцы, ну они туупыыые..." (с) М. Задорнов
  • Ktulhu - Dreamweaver
    Ktulhu - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    its seems to be some texture problems in this loc. try to move camera when screen begins to flash, it helps for a while, at least i was able to complete quests and leave this loc. no more problems so farb:laugh
    "Американцы, ну они туупыыые..." (с) М. Задорнов
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I cant even get out of the tideborn area. my screen is flashing that badly. I think this is due to the number of people in that area at one time. The server cant handle all that so it's mega laggy. My BM isnt haveing any problems doing his normal routine and is actually in some cases haveing better fps. My only guess is that i'll have to wait for next patch or for their to be less tideborn pplz.
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • cassi3
    cassi3 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I tried in 1280*720 Windows Mode Details all down

--> Effect: Now flashing to Black, but like 0,05 FPS ...

then I tried in 640*480 Windows Mode Details all down

--> Effect: I see only a Black Window with sometimes flashing lil part of Game (for example upper quarter of Game...)

Thats can't be a problem cause of slow or old hardware!^^

btw: 99% of the posters have ATi hardware ...
    nVidia User might solve the problem with a Driver-Update... ^^
  • Sinoan - Sanctuary
    Sinoan - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yup I agree with Ktu the problem is gone once you leave the area. Just got to move yourself as much as you can why the flashing is going on, even tho it hurts the eyes b:sad and manage to keep your camera aimed north.
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    DarthPanda,

I've run dxdiag on all my systems and will post the results later today when I have time, but I wanted to give you a preliminary finding to investigate.

Looking at the dxdiag results others have posted versus my own, it appears anyone with a DirectX 11 video card has the issue. I have 3 computers at my home and they each are DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11, respectively.

The DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 systems have no issues in the TideBorn starter village, my brand new DirectX 11 system DOES have severe graphical lag in the starter village of the TideBorn.

As I said earlier, I will post the DxDiag results from my 3 systems later today when time allows. I hope this helps you out a little bit, Darth!

P.S. - Gonna PM this to you as well, the forums seem to be eating my posts. I think you guys have some DB issues with your forums atm.
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toxicjesus
    toxicjesus Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Looking at the dxdiag results others have posted versus my own, it appears anyone with a DirectX 11 video card has the issue. I have 3 computers at my home and they each are DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11, respectively.

The DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 systems have no issues in the TideBorn starter village, my brand new DirectX 11 system DOES have severe graphical lag in the starter village of the TideBorn.

I don't think thats the issue. I have a DirectX 9 card and the tideborn area is unplayable for me because of the graphical glitch.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    toxicjesus wrote: »
    I don't think thats the issue. I have a DirectX 9 card and the tideborn area is unplayable for me because of the graphical glitch.

Well, that theory just got blown out the window! b:surrender

Guess I'll only need to post the DxDiag of the system having problems. A shame it's my primary system.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hayles - Dreamweaver
    Hayles - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same here.... Where are you GMs?
  • toxicjesus
    toxicjesus Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same here.... Where are you GMs?

Well, I guess this problem will take some time to be fixed. The GMs can't change the sourcecode and fix whatever causes the problem, so again we have to depend on the Devs in China :/
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, since I only need the dxdiag from one system, not all 3 to compare I can do that quickly enough. Here is the DxDiag from the system having the graphics issues. Note it's a CyberPower system, meaning it's about the same as home built. I didn't feel like building my own comp this last time around so I paid someone else to do it. b:surrender

dxdiag.jpg

P.S. - Why do the forums keep eating my posts? b:sad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same here. I just got a new laptop actually and am playing on high settings for the first time. My other characters are working fantastically, but tideborn screen goes black then flashes bits of what I should be seeing every second or so.

DarthPanda SAVE US!!!b:surrender
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • iriedawta
    iriedawta Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    perfectworldy.jpg

Here is my specs also. I am using windows 7 x64 also and i can't play the game at all. It goes in a tizzy, blinking fit when i try to rotate the camera in game. The blinking doesn't stop and I have to re-log back in to make it work. Right now, i am in the game just in resting mode because i can't do anything. The game works fine with my wizard. So i know the expansion has a video card bug
  • chancellor85
    edited December 2009
    Options
    wtf i cant see past page 4 on forums even though i know theres more so ****
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same flash blackscreen bug..only with tides.Im re install drivers,change compatibility..nothing works.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
    Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: P5Q-E
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/25/09 14:56:25 Ver: 08.00.14
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Memory: 3072MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3072MB RAM
    Page File: 1002MB used, 5137MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display Devices
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9442)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9442&SUBSYS_20031787&REV_00
    Display Memory: 1785 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 505 MB
    Shared Memory: 1279 MB
    Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: SyncMaster 920NW/920LM
    Monitor Model: SyncMaster
    Monitor Id: SAM02AD
    Native Mode: 1440 x 900(p) (59.887Hz)
    Output Type: HD15
    Driver Name: atiumdag.dll,atidxx32.dll,atiumdva.cap
    Driver File Version: 8.14.0010.0708 (English)
    Driver Version: 8.671.0.0
    DDI Version: 10.1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • ColdSteele - Lost City
    ColdSteele - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Looks like the problem with textures in beginners location. If screen begins flashing moving the camera randomly helps to fix it for a while. Just completed the first quest and leaved the loc and everything began to work fine.

^This worked for me
    I'm telling you it has something to do with the teleporter to the next island. Turning your graphics down wont do anything. I had to glitch my way to it to get the hell out of there now everything works fine. b:pleased

^This is stupidity at work
    It's too bad but "free to play, pay to win"-sckye

These "updates" are seeming more and more like downgrades.

aryannamage: Not PWE GM's they are all greedy b:angry
  • Mantik - Heavens Tear
    Mantik - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    can someone send me if thier is a working solution i cant see past page 4 for some reason
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same here on my PC with ATI Graphic Card. Think it is due to ATI drivers. My other PC running NVIDIA Graphic Card is ok.
    Yes...I see that we ati users have the fk bug....no nvidia....damn drivers.
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • Faenial - Heavens Tear
    Faenial - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I also have the same problem, it works fine on any other old char just not this new one :o im also on win 7
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just because you have a new PC or laptop, doesn't mean it will run everything.

Laptops are geared mostly for word processing, web browsing, and music and movie enjoyment.

Unless you have a recent video chipset originally released in the last 2-3 years that isn't a budget chipset, you might have difficulty running the game.

Lower the Setting on the game launcher screen to their lowest setting.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • AkuNeke - Heavens Tear
    AkuNeke - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm having the issue of my characters color on the face won't change her body color changes but the face stays the same, along with the what I call Sims glitch. Where the skin is shooting out of the area where your character is so basically its just big spikey area of one color. All of my other characters are the same but these seem to be my issue.
  • Cyn - Raging Tide
    Cyn - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    They recommend you update your video drives if your screen goes black. Just got finished doing that..restarted comp and still same darn issue. Im getting real irritated cause i instinctfully woke up at 3am and started my download so i could start leveling up bright and early this morning. Have been having this issue since i tried playing at 7am EST.

I really hope they get it fixed pronto because its not my video drivers!!
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I was able to get past the black and flashing mess by trying repeatedly to move my camera AWAY from where all the people were, and running out of the busy area. It takes a few seconds, but once you get out of he area, you should be fine. Then, when you know you're going to have to approach the busy area, switch to lowest settings.

This works perfectly for me. But this pc never has lagging issues, even in Arch, so...I'm not 100% sure will work for everyone.

Either way, since this only happened to me in busy areas, I have to assume that once all the excitement and rush dies down, things will be like normal.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
This discussion has been closed.