graphical/crash issues in tideborn zone

Options

Comments

• XRayWing - Dreamweaver
    XRayWing - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, the flashing screen thingy is soo usual.

I got 3 computers .a desktop and 2 laptops:

Desktop :
    CPU : C2D E2180 @ 2GHz OC'ed at 3GHz
    RAM : 3GB DDR2 740 MHz
    GPU : Gigabyte GT 220 1GB DDR3 740/1620/840
    OS : Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits (6.4 Mark in Windows Evaluation)
    HDD : WD Velociraptor 10k RPM 300GB + WD Caviar Blue 500 GB 7900 RPM.
    And Works like a Charm ...

BUT :

My Laptop : Dual Core T2130 @ 1,86GHz
    Ram : 2 GB DDR 533 MHz
    GPU : Ati Radeon X1100
    OS : Windows 7 Home premium 32bits (2.7 Mark in Windows Evaluation)
    HDD : Generic 160 Gb

and

My Gf's Laptop : Intel Celeron 540 : 1,86GHz
    Ram : 2GB DDR 533Mhz
    GPU : Intel X3100 Accelerator
    OS : Windows 7 Home Premium 32bits (3.0 Mark in Windows Evaluation)
    HDD : Generic 120 Gb

Both laptops dont Work,flashing screen at Tideborn island using an Ati and a Intel gpu's,but the nvidia one works fine. (No dont blame Windows nor Ram/cpu,that has nothing to do with it :p)

Note 1 : Even if the nVidia Computer works ,there are times when FPS drop considerarely (normally i get 40-50 in Archosaur at max settings,but at the same settings in Tideborn island it lowers to 25-35 FPS) so...im guessing its a graphcal error which Nvidia GPU's supports em,barely,but supports em,and Intel nor ATi cannot handle so they crash,most probably (imo) It has something to do with the Shaders (Pixels & Vertexes) and the textures,takeing in fact that they are made quite complex for some low-end GPU but that wouldnt explain High-end ones that crash(Exemple : HD 4870 or HD 5700 Series) also...im woundering if PhysX has anything to do with it...hmm(Tho that wouldn't be logical) but anyways...

So yeah,waiting for a fix ^^
  • WinterRaven - Lost City
    WinterRaven - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I've not had the flashing nor blinking bug however my laptop simply keeps crashing or is extremely laggy.

Yesterday I played for an hour with not so much as a hickup. Later that night started having issues again. Out of nowhere my screen went off and then came back on and everything was shrunk. Similar to windowed mode but not quite. I went in and adjusted the settings, figuring that perhaps the glitch messed up the settings. When I examined them, yes, they were all screwed up and the view was changed to windowed mode. Once I fixed that and the game reset itself I figured the problem was cured. Not the case!!! now no matter what I do, it simply will not go back to full screen. I have even gone to the extreme of uninstalling and deleting all the patches/files and starting fresh. Complete new install from clean unaffected files and my screen ingame will not go back to full screen, just windowed mode!!!
  • XRayWing - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Edit : Wrong post,sorry.
  • hashooka
    hashooka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yeah im having the same problem in the tideborn spawn town. I can't even get past the first quest when i talk to the quest giver the screen starts to flash. Is anyone going to post a possible solution to this or are we all gonna keep complaining.
  • Dawnuh - Dreamweaver
    Dawnuh - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm having the same issues. Created a character to see what they were like and each time the game crashed or started blinking. I'm running Vista 64 and while I haven't updated my drivers my original toons work fine. My daughter created a character with the new race and she was able to play all night long. She's running Windows XP. I'm starting to think it might be a compatability issue.
  • Nokado - Dreamweaver
    Nokado - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i also seem to be having issues with this. the only way to fix it is to rotate your camera so that you do not face the direction that causes your screen to flash. it seems to be happening in various areas and then it stops and starts in other locations. there must be some graphic or process that keeps causing the screen to flash or even crash. using W7 on ATI 3560 512 ddr3 with 4 gig memory and a 2.2 dual core. i know my G card and system can handle this. whatever the problem is, it is probably a glitch in the graphics.
  • Master_Chess - Dreamweaver
    Master_Chess - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I forgot to say this but I'm also having a problem with the tideborn hair templates. Apart from me, every tideborn is bald! Though when I click on someone and their char miniscreen comes up, the hair is there where it should be
  • drakonus
    drakonus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The same here too flick screen.b:cry

AMD PhenomII X4 965
    ATI Radeaon 1Gb 4850
    DDR3 OCZ 4 GB 1300Mhz
  • LilithPaige - Dreamweaver
    LilithPaige - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The only answer is to wait and see, folks. I've updated my drivers, changed settings, tried looking in EVERY direction I can. None of it works. So, on Teusday, we ought to get an update- or at least a notice and possible work arounds. It's not specific hardware-I'm using an intel 4 express chipset config. on my laptop, and I have the flashy -ness.
    they're working on it, seeing as how it is affecting their player base-a.k.a. their customers-a.k.a. their only fiscal support.
    it's irritating, mistakes were made. But this game is a LUXURY, folks, not a neccessity. They are kind enough to provide it for us, and to maintain it as best they can-which is pretty damned good. So, relax, play some other characters, do something else, bide your time. They won't just ignore it.

WTF - you do understand that Perfect World is a business? They arent nice enough to provide us with a game, they provide us with a service that we pay for. They shouldnt sell their product if it doesnt work whether you pay to use the cash shop or not the cash shop is what this game is designed for. If people stop using the cash shop, Perfect world is no more.
  • Xarix - Harshlands
    Xarix - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok I play on an hptx2 (the touchscreen laptop). I encountered (still do) the same problem and as described by most persons the problem occurs when facing in the direction of the teleport area. Furthermore the problem also occured when I neared the same area by air on my main character.

I did a bit of research and I found that the problem is not specific to perfect world. It is also not specific to ATI cards though I would seem a much higher proportion of ATI card owners encounter the problem than Nvidia card owners do.

My research also led me to a brief fix that allowed me to teleport away from the area (thank goodness). As was previously reported you will indeed get away from the flickering screen by entering windows mode. It may not work right away. Indeed on my first try the client crashed. However I left the game in windowed mode and was able to creep my way to the teleporter.

Once you hit the main island you can resume full screen mode.

This does not solve the problem however of completing the very first quest in the beginners area. As most have said, try to face away from the direction of the teleport area and kill the 10 mobs. Once done return to the quest giver and then try to get to the teleporter using windowed mode.

Until the problem is fixed that is the best advice I can offer.
  • ride0the0walrus1
    ride0the0walrus1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm telling you it has something to do with the teleporter to the next island. Turning your graphics down wont do anything. I had to glitch my way to it to get the hell out of there now everything works fine. b:pleased

I do agree with the assessment that the Frame Skip problem lies with the teleporter to the next island. I know that this is true for me. but more specifically it has to do with the Bubbles (if that is what they are) that rise on the out side of the building (where the siding is). I noticed that when I was doing the first quest for the TB I could look at the building without any problem from that distance, but as soon I got close enough for the Bubbles to take effect the Frame Skip problem would occur.

I was also experiencing the Blinking screen problem and running PW in windowed mode fixed that.

I am running 32-bit Vista OS on a PC that I built. The video card is an ATI Radeon HD 4870 with the latest drivers and I have DX11 installed.

I hope that this is helpful.
  • Holydemon - Harshlands
    Holydemon - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    if you dont look at the building and go a bit farther up it stop....around 646.213 it stops doing it for me but if i take 1 step closer to it, the flashing black screen starts....cant to begininers quest since its to close to that thing...
  • perrian
    perrian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Oddly enough, this problem is happening only on my Windows 7 computer. On my Windows XP computer, it isn't happening.
  • Tidelord - Dreamweaver_1386746192
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Seems it's an ATI driver, I'm a PC techinician, and lately i've been reading lots of problems with their latest drivers, all u can do is wait till they update their drivers or buy an NVidia card ;P. I don't have any problems with my nvidia card :)
  • chaosempress
    chaosempress Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I forgot to say this but I'm also having a problem with the tideborn hair templates. Apart from me, every tideborn is bald! Though when I click on someone and their char miniscreen comes up, the hair is there where it should be

that is becoz u must have the lag button on or customization isnt activated in the game settings. once the customization is on, the characters have hair :D
  • Paer - Raging Tide
    Paer - Raging Tide Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    seems It's An Ati Driver, I'm A Pc Techinician, And Lately I've Been Reading Lots Of Problems With Their Latest Drivers, All U Can Do Is Wait Till They Update Their Drivers Or Buy An Nvidia Card ;p. I Don't Have Any Problems With My Nvidia Card :)

Lies!!!
    I Have A Nvidia Card What Now?! You Know Nothing O:
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's not the teleporter because wherever a tideborn is arch, 1k, etc... there is a chance my screen decides to disco. This has made pve and pvp virtually impossible and I hope Tuesday brings a fix...and maybe some extra xp to make up for the headache ;). Oh and this has happened on Windows 7, Vista (both 32 and 64) and XP. Diff comps and diff cards so it has nothing to do with cards. If I had to guess it has to do with model implementation since on the char select screen one char is holding an air of green and another a air of blue.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • Moglecity - Heavens Tear
    Moglecity - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same problem... Only when visiting Tide

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz, 2133 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
    Adapter RAM 512.00 MB (536,870,912 bytes)
  • Seth_the_Bum - Lost City
    Seth_the_Bum - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Huh, I'm surprised no one has said anything in here for a while, considering it seemed to be the most popular thread involving the issue. I guess that didn't stop more repeat threads though. I noticed this update didn't fix the problem (nor the lack of tideborn facial pigment for that matter). You'd think the mods would create a sticky to gather more info about this situation? Or at least commandeer the OP of this one and sticky it? I mean, unless the devs have the answers already and just need the time to make it work, I'd think we may still need to contribute information about it. Or, at least, have people informed so they don't have to go making repeat threads.
  • cassi3
    cassi3 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The argument, that there are only to many ppl and some Graphic Cards are to slow is eliminated - I'm also playing PW MS - the new area's are already implemented but not the new chars...

I visited Dragonfang Village and what I have to see? - right ^^

only btw for all "ur PC is to old"-Poster xD
  • Xroalia - Dreamweaver
    Xroalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    What... why was there an update and none of the problems were fixed? Man I thought I was gonna be able to play a tideborn character. I don't even want to create one due to lack of customisation options.
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same on my ATI card...
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • LokiMF - Dreamweaver
    LokiMF - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This problem only on ATI cards?
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No I have 3 comps that I use regularly. None have ATI and one is a laptop with integrated so it's def not a card specific problem
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • XRayWing - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Hmm,the Window mode actually worked for my GF's laptop thats running a integrated accelerator [Intel X3100 (GMA 965)], you might aswell try that with your comp,not sure about ATI cards,but its worth the try tho. Goodluck.

Ohh forgot to post her specs :

Acer Aspire
    CPU : Intel Celeron 520 -> 1.86GHz 1MB L2 Cache
    FSB : 533
    Ram : 2GB DDR2 533MHz
    GPU : Intelgrated Acelerator Intel X3100 (GMA 965) 256MB (In theory -_-)
    HDD : 120GB Sata 5900 RPM.
  • XRayWing - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Also...dont you guys realise,that the new Race is getting wayy too much more attention than the usual? I mean just look at them,the city decorations,their textures,the effects,the meditation mode ...

What im trying to say is that the new race is getting WAYYY much more attention than the others,making the rest look like **** compared to them,i mean just think...

Go to city of lost ,what do you see?2 Rock cliffs,plus a small village,yeh ok,now go to raging tides,what do you see? a whole damn castle city full entirely with water effects ,auras,the grown glowing with effects aswell.

Want more? Go on your cleric/archer or w/e,and meditate,what does it do? It JUST sits . now go on your Tideborn,what does it do? it transforms into a very pretty mermaid and meditates with a very cool effect around etc.

Dont believe me?Check out for yourself. Its literarely leaveing the others look like ****,but w/e.i guess its all about money.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ATI graphic cards do appear to be the only ones affected but the problem is not the card. This issue does not exist on other parts of the map other than tideborn. And not all areas of tideborn but just certain areas.

GM's: As much as I would like to blame it on our computers and drivers this is not necessarily our problem. The question is why does this only occur on the new expansion with ATI graphic cards. What's different about this new expansion that causes users with ATI graphic cards to become unstable and blink. And this is not just related to new characters. Any character I take into that realm experiences the same problem.
    edited December 2009
    Options

System Information
    Time of this report: 12/27/2009, 10:34:50
    Machine name:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
    System Model: VGN-FW560F
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/09/08 11:12:06 Ver: 08.00.10
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 6144MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 6112MB RAM
    Page File: 2117MB used, 10102MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9480)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9480&SUBSYS_9035104D&REV_00
    Display Memory: 3303 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 504 MB
    Shared Memory: 2799 MB
    Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: SNY06FA
    Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (59.999Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported
    DXVA-HD: Not Supported
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
  • kamikazezz
    kamikazezz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same issue, flickering screen when viewing the teleport area.

You can stop it by rotating your camera to look at the ground..so it is obviously a bad texture/model/shader. ATI is not known for it's error correction functionality....

Anyway, this is not a problem with people's computers..this is an issue with the map/models. I've tried all configuration options..nodda. This would point to a model issue more than a texture issue..since all versions of the texture (low/med/high) do the same thing and it does it with shading on or off.

You can view this issue best by making a tideborn, turning your camera angle out to look far distance, and rotating. When you hit the direction of the port area, it will start flickering. You can stop the flickering by rotating your camera to the floor (easiest) or back around another direction.

You would not think this would be too hard to fix knowing all this information...grab a computer that creates the problem (Pretty much anything with an ATI card and newer catalyst) go to the area and start removing models...duh.

Silly for a launch issue like this to be a problem for so long..makes me wonder what is going to happen when a -difficult- problem comes up on the server. Does not bode well.
  • Heronir - Harshlands
    Heronir - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Same problem.... :(

My System:
    - AMD Phenom X4 9950 @ 2606 MHz (Standard clocked)
    - 8 GB DDR2 RAM
    - ATI Radeon HD 4870 / 1 GB DDR5 (Standard clocked)
    - Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 Motherboard

Tried every combination of settings, but nothing works, not even running in any compatibility mode... :'(

Hope a patch comes soon....
This discussion has been closed.