graphical/crash issues in tideborn zone

Options

Comments

• ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    osiris wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm running SP2 with Directx 11. The flickering occurred for me at 2 different areas of the tideborn area, each were spots with more people in a very small area than I could count (I didn't run around too long before logging out to see if there was a solution posted here).

From what I am seeing so far it looks like anyone running the DirectX 11 software is having the problem, even if you have DirectX 9 or 10 hardware.

It's what I get for being an early adopter of Windows 7. b:surrender

Nothing to do now but let the Dev's patch it up.
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Naabi - Dreamweaver
    Naabi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just a thought. It is proberly because of the new area and race that so many people has logged on to the new land and have crashed the area where it can not support the amount. The same has happened to a WOW expanshion and other games. I have a new HP laptop that IS capable of running these games at top spec but OLNY have problems on the new land. If it was due to hardware issues, would'nt it be playing up on other areas, games or graphical demanding games... PW have proberly not designed it to handle the amount of traffic...

Either that or there are graphical designs within the starting zone. I have just run out of the emidate area and "No more problems".

NO NEED TO MAKE ANY DRASTIC CHANGES !!!
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just a thought. It is proberly because of the new area and race that so many people has logged on to the new land and have crashed the area where it can not support the amount.

Denied. Disconnect away from the area and return. This'll clear all players and you will still get the frameskip.

In other news, I managed to install XP right after sunset (Finally!). No frameskip happens on my XP install excluding those of the thousands of nooblets running around. Vista is being installed right now on my laptop.

After that I'll take video clippings from all 3 just for comparison's sake. A picture may be worth a thousand words but a video is worth a thousand pictures. (and it makes it easier to see)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • PureDignity - Sanctuary
    PureDignity - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm having this problem, too. windows vista, core2duo, playing normally with my other chars, bur when i log in the initial village with my tideborn, the screen do'nt stop flashing and the game almost freezes. I hope this is going to be corrected this week though ;(
  • Zelcona - Sanctuary
    Zelcona - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ^This worked for me

^This is stupidity at work

ok troll go back into your cave...
  • dtravisr1621
    dtravisr1621 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Yaaa i downloaded the rising tide thing at like 12 pm, made my assassin guy a nd i did like the first quest and bam
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Finally got the video clips. b:tired

XP was nice and smooth and Vista/7 got the frameskip/flashing. I had 7 on my desktop, Vista on laptop, both got the same effect so I just went with one video for them. I recorded it in windowed mode to avoid the flashing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB2pBe4D7vo
    ^ XP version: Perfectly normal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA6gWT8pLnA
    ^ Vista/7 version: I flipped between best performance and quality. This makes the effect on the building go away and reappear. Moving the camera you can see that the framerate is fine for about half a second before it reappears.

This is all I can do. The rest is up to you gms and devs. b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • cassi3
    cassi3 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    So guys - I think I have a new hint for fixing this Issue.

I opend the lil Tool "GPU-Z" (wich shows Information about your Graphics-Card [Temp, GPU-Load, FanSpedd...])

I took a Video - showing is easier then explaining ;)

When Dragonfang Village is Visible in the Background, it starts to lag like hell and the GPU-Load shows a "0" ^^
    when Im looking away from Dragonfang Village its smooth and the GPU-load shows about 30% (whats a normaly, acceptable level) ...

who interested at the top right it's CPU-Load and RAM-Load.

but - look yourself ...

And I agree one earlier Post - at XP it works fine (Tried with Virtual Machine)...
    I think its a DirectX prob about T&L (last what's left over^^)

Link to Vid (MP4 playable in VLC Media Player) :
    http://www.seesportsmg.de/upload/Aufzeichnen-1.mp4

I hope I could help b:victory
  • Paer - Raging Tide
    Paer - Raging Tide Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    same kinds or problem with 7 and a nvidia card. And i doubt it's really that much of an issue of peopel being in one place. As the servers are made for people to be on them. The lag that happens in populated areas is your gpu+network card. So it's just the devs it seems not testing their program under windows 7 properly.
  • cassi3
    cassi3 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Guy, if it realy should be my Graphic-Card - explain me please how it can be to slow (u mean I think) when he becomes NO Data (thats why 0% GPU-Load)?

And why in Windows XP all works fine?

*rolleyes*

Please Guys who don't understand really much of this forbear those comments - thanks^^
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    it happens to me too when i look at sandy place in south island of broked dreams

vista x64
    hd4870x2
    1650-1050 lg l226w
    in-game max-details 1440-900 ws-mode

drivers: 8.14.0010.0700
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Master_Chess - Dreamweaver
    Master_Chess - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I also posted a thread on this too so yeah, I got it too. But I did not know that it was only the tideborn. I haven't even play my vano yet, so that is a relelf. I thought for sure that I had a really big problem
  • Seth_the_Bum - Lost City
    Seth_the_Bum - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I have the same flashing problem. As others have mentioned, it has to do with the starting safe zone of the tideborn. Looking away stops it, yes, but it's not exactly playable in that fashion. Still, I used that to get closer and park myself right in the area to do some testing. I used to think Best Performance Mode simply turned some graphical settings down all the way, but now I'm not so sure. I tried each setting, one by one (by looking towards the direction that causes it, flashing a bit, then looking away), and no single option seems responsible; and yet, I can run just fine in Best Performance Mode.

People think that it's the sheer amount of players causing problems, but I do not believe that is the case. For one, many players were in Archosaur like this and it didn't do that. Second, the problems first started to occur for me once the starting area was in view - so far away that my game did not even load all those players. It is the pretty scenery, not the players, causing the flashing. All other new tideborn areas run sluggish but I think I can tolerate that if I simply turn down some things. Everywhere else in the game runs fine with all settings at max, save for slight lag in West Archosaur. I guess when I play the new characters I'll have to do it in Best Performance Mode for the first few levels, and then have some settings lowered 'til 20 or so.

It's interesting to see a majority of the people who have this problem, myself included, are using ATI video cards and drivers. It's too bad we can't pinpoint that as the problem, however.
    It has nothing to do with ati. I dont have ati on my laptop and its doing flashing as well. My husband on his pc with his cleric lagged and glitched alott in that area. So not just new character prob.
    Paer wrote:
    same kinds or problem with 7 and a nvidia card. And i doubt it's really that much of an issue of peopel being in one place. As the servers are made for people to be on them. The lag that happens in populated areas is your gpu+network card. So it's just the devs it seems not testing their program under windows 7 properly.

It's not just Windows 7 either, but like some others, I have this problem using Vista (Ultimate 64-bit in my case). Has anyone had the problem with XP or earlier Micro$oft operating systems? Sorry if someone said already... I read over every post but I'm also dead tired. Also, I haven't tried windowed mode as I cannot stand playing a game in that. (-_-);
  • Paer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    mines windows 7 x64 4GB ddr2 ram, 2.13Ghz core 2 duo, Nvidia GTX 260m 1gb ddr3 and also windowed mode. So it's not just you either. It's ALL PEOPLE whether windowed mode, full screen, ati or nvidia, old or new pc. The coders have ****ed up here. And we deserve a response from one of the higher ups saying that they're atleast looking into this issue. It's their new areas, nothing else in the world does it so it was their engine doing it to us. The new area's completely unplayable. So it's completely pointless for people to even really try it.

If their goal is to get new players to come to the game and if they roll a tideborne and they find out "oh this game lags like hell 24/7" they'll just leave. They won't know that it doesn't lag in the rest of the areas they'll just up and quit. I hope to god that the developers get this thing fixed asap as i just redownloaded this game to try out this race due to a friend playing it. And it's going to stay like this for much longer, i'm just going to leave and just not worry about even investing my time into this game.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    run the game in windowed mode, problem solved
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Options
    run the game in windowed mode, problem solved

lies. Others are doing it in windowed mode and nothing's changed. There's the problem.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    screenie or it didnt happen ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Starchief, start reading previous pages.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE

• Starchief - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i know i know, just sayin it worked for meeee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tsuki13
    tsuki13 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't think its your computers doing it, like i said this happened before in jade dysnasty...mines doing it and i don't think i have ATI card.

i don't think they are just twiddling there thumbs and ignoring this problem. they have other glitches and bugs to deal with like the Hair problem and stuff. I know it maybe annoying but its only been out a day and a hal almost not a lot of time mind you. We're just going to have to wait and try the ways to temperarily resolve the problem.
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Peeps..dont blame your computers,graphics cards,drivers...not point.
    The real thing is bad programing and beta testers dont do their jobs very wellb:tired....so simple.
    The only thing to do,is wait for another patch to fix this damn bugsb:bye
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • Master_Chess - Dreamweaver
    Master_Chess - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This is also happening in the tideborn city. When I teleported there from the starting area, I walked a few steps and glicthy Mcflashy came back. Though I'll try the camra thing. I think the GMs are getting the same problem. I bet when they logged on to their tideborns they thought "What?!" lol
  • PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver
    PsychoChickn - Dreamweaver Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The problem is a result of the graphics card and cpu dealing with more moving 3d objects than they can handle. This may have been made worse by an apparent increase in the number of polygons used in most models. When the framerate drops down to 1 or 2 per second, the screen blinks on and off rather than leave the old image up while redrawing. To try and stop the blinking, aim your camera away from the extra objects, usually straight up (if flying) or down (if walking) or facing away from the crowds. There seems to be some application problems because I have to force anti-aliasing and anistropic filtering on my ATI card to have archosaur look decent. If I let the graphics card use the application settings, all the jagged lines and other problems make the buildings in archosaur look like @&#%. Maybe there are no application settings to apply? It is possible that the same inept application settings are causing the frame rate to plummet and the screen to blink on and off for no reason.

This was not a problem before the tideborn patch, so someone must have goofed big time and killed the appllication settings. Arcosaur was full of buildings with straight edges before the patch, but has jagged edges after.
  • SwiiftArk - Sanctuary
    SwiiftArk - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ok everyone on this thread has the same problem. I live in Canda, and yes i have the exact same problem!! When im in the Tborn area my screen goes wack too. Seriously i have a brand new computer. Its a gateway and it by far exceeds requirements but ever since this update it keeps happening!!
    Just a hint to u all because before the update was out i got stuck off the map like that. I got a gm from chat to save me so maybe u should ask if they can get u to an area outside of the tideborn area. then ur safe!! It should work but I havent tried.
    I regret downloading the update......................
  • SwiiftArk - Sanctuary
    SwiiftArk - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Peoples I Solved It!!!!!!!!!!! To Go Aroud Without Staring At The Ground Or At The Sky Zoom In On Ur Character!!! So U Cant See Anything Around U!!!! I Just Did It And I Was Saved!!!!!!
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Speaking of before the patch... I was looking through my videos on youtube account and got 2 key videos of this issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c1VcRLNeK8
    ^ This one was like the day after I first wondered in, not long before the official announcement. Skip straight to 2:30. - Uploaded September 1, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKPyJxKQ8pM
    ^ This was one I recorded to ask a friend of mine if she had the same issue. - Uploaded October 26, 2009

Just posting this since I thought it might help.
    Zoom In On Ur Character!!! So U Cant See Anything Around U!!!!
    Which equals to not seeing the lagtastic building
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE

• Asreal - Dreamweaver
    Asreal - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    This patch must not have been tested to good. There are a lot of issues with it not just the tiborn area but the Faction list the character list. It all runs into each other and cuts words off on every thing. TEST NEXT TIME AND THIS WONT HAPPEN
  • Filroar - Heavens Tear
    Filroar - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I hope they fix it soon. I mean I got a tideborn started and then my screen went black and flashy. I think that is the same thing that the others are talking about. I could do things but it was hard because I couldn't see anything.
  • Asreal - Dreamweaver
    Asreal - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I refuse to work around their **** up
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    No piece of software is perfect. It's normal to break something by updating something else. (Windows is a prime example)

Instead of complaining it would be very helpful to say to oneself "Is there something I could help with?" Even the smallest piece of info, like the infamous dxdiag dialogues can help.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE

This discussion has been closed.