Rei's kinda-ok guide for Heavy/Robe Fox.

Comments

• power187
    power187 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I recently purchased a +8 strength and +3 dex ring. Atm, I have 17m, I am wondering if I should put some money into getting the TT90gold Swindler Necklace for the extra magic defense that I am lacky. If I was to go full TT90 Heavy Armor with Ornament for magic resistance, would that be a good idea? Atm my belt is a demon slaughter belt +5 refine.
  • verse
    verse Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    that would probably be a good idea. but to know for sure, have you tried http://pwcalc.ru/pwi? you can hypothetically create your ideal EQ sets and find out what that gives you in terms of phys & mag def.

and god i can't choose... i'm now thinking about a fate denial godspeed as well... heard that TT99 green won't be 'refinable' in the rumoured new refining system that is supposed to be introduced with the new expansion... >_> any thoughts on that?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Rumours are rumours, wont know till it comes out. Sounds pretty ridiculous imo, if you can't refine them then there's almost no point getting them to begin with. People would just stick with highly refined TT90 weaps and outdamage anyone who had TT99 =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • verse
    edited November 2009
    i probably need to clear this up. according to rumours, the weapon grade will be refineable of some but not all weapons, in this case gold TT would be weapon grade refineable and green wouldn't be. yes it's hella weird but that's the rumour.

for now i'll stick with trying to get a fate denial godspeed. stats seem pretty fine and lvl 99ish will probably feel much like a literal 'end of the game' to me.
  • Pippins - Lost City
    Pippins - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    So i didnt bother scrolling through the 37 pages of posts; I am a lvl 100 hell heavy/arcane veno and the only fox form skills i use are purge, amp, crush vigor and stun. Are there any venos here that actually fight in fox form? And how effective is it? My exp has been that the damage is so much less than my magic. Thx <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sharpsniper
    sharpsniper Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well you know me Rei, I'm an HP ****.
    I was just pointing out itsnot nearly as bad as many people imagine. Infact I've seen people shuttering at the thought of using "ye ole crappy Req Blade" When infact it can be considered one of the better weapons. I use a 99now anyways, though I kinda wish I went with Broken Dream. Mooooore HP! You really dont need higher matk, when a level 100 birds pecking at peoples faces. Just live and pewpew another day. Just spend an extra bit of money refining your weapon if you care about 10 points here or there. This builds all about money anyways.

edit: 6k+? We should be aiming for 9k-10k+(without buff) D:

I'm a hp **** also..hehe..i have 9k+ hp atm(without buff) my set only sit at +6 refine ^^
  • Pippins - Lost City
    Pippins - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm a hp **** also..hehe..i have 9k+ hp atm(without buff) my set only sit at +6 refine ^^

O.o How is this possible?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FloraFang - Harshlands
    FloraFang - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    alright im lvl45 and a light armor veno i was wonder how much longer till i can try this build. And from what i read getting molds prolly isnt as easy as it sounds.
    Another is that do i need to roll another veno and start out arcane or some thing?these are my stats atm:
    Vit:9
    Str:49
    Mag:133
    Dex:49
    oh and i forgot to ask if i do need to roll an arcane veno what is they way i should stat.
    Pus how do u obtain molds without going through DQ i see everyone has atleast 3 or more molds
    The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

I've done two of them...don't try to guess xpb:kissb:cute
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    So i didnt bother scrolling through the 37 pages of posts; I am a lvl 100 hell heavy/arcane veno and the only fox form skills i use are purge, amp, crush vigor and stun. Are there any venos here that actually fight in fox form? And how effective is it? My exp has been that the damage is so much less than my magic. Thx <3

Yes, I use fox form constantly for tanking physical bosses and for grinding on land. I find that when I use fox form I am able to grind at a much faster pace than mage form. Anything physical can barely touch my hp, and even though I only do about 2.5-3k damage per hit magic weapon attack speed base is so high that it makes up for it. With no -interval whatsoever magic weapons have 1.25 attack speed. Frankly I am under the impression that they were given that attack speed SPECIFICALLY for fox form users.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • FloraFang - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    alright now im lvl 46 light armor veno and i want to roll anothr veno that is a heavy/robe and ive tried many equations an theories in creating a decent one but no luck at all.
    And inow i was wondering would it be wise to start at a low lvl.
    Not to mention i have found a formula that does come kind of close
    5 str every even lvl
    4 mag 1 dex every odd lvl
    butonly problem is by lvl 32 my magic is 62 which is should be 87+ str and dex are set( i use
    arcane chest+ Heavy arms+ heavy legs+ arcane boots+ hp helments + elemental belt+ protection necklace)
    but that magic is killin' me can u help?
    also what if i cant get any molds?
    The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    2 choices:

1. forget about keeping up with high level heavy parts. just get lower level ones with +strength/dex/magic adds. magic is your priority for weapon.

2. get items with -% requeriments, especially heavy armoury. -15% doesn't make a miracle but things will get much easier to plan.

---

Building a heavy veno is hard because you rely on stats granted by items much more than arcane and light builds. That's why most guides don't recommend following formulas for heavy venos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • FloraFang - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    very true thanks alot

• Vensgard - Heavens Tear
    Vensgard - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Wow, I wanna see how 9k+ HP without buff is possible, could you show us an example of it on http://pwcalc.ru/pwi . Thanks b:victory
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wow, I wanna see how 9k+ HP without buff is possible, could you show us an example of it on http://pwcalc.ru/pwi . Thanks b:victory
    [DeityofRain_] (Level 100 Heavy/Robe veno) stats sit at:

(Base stats, no EQ add ons)
    Vit: 114
    Str: 159
    Magic: 229
    Dex: 13
    Hit Points: N/A

(With EQ add ons)

Vit: 249
    Str: 202
    Magic: 259
    Dex: 44
    Hit Points: 9088(self buff) 11685 lvl10 barb buff, 12031 sage buff

20128 pdef fully buff
    6938-7011 m. atk

Based on his Str he's not in TT90 heavy, and cannot wear Requiem blade either(Possibly be using Sensoid emptiness, gold frost wand, has good hp). Probably using some combination of lower level gear to pump vitality. I'm at just over 8k, but sporting tt99 weapon and such. Would be much easier with less stat requiring gear. I lost about 500hp switching from req blade to Gold 99 glaive. I myself could probably break 9k if I switched to the frost wand, but I do want SOME damage, lol.
  • verse
    edited November 2009
    @pippin
    for me, it depends on the situation whether to play in fox or human form.
    1) what's the target?
    2) what's the situation?
    3) are there other veno's?

on kiting mobs i find fox form hella irritating. i use human mostly, also because when grinding i get in lazy mode and don't want to have to run from one mob to the next.

on TT & world bosses i check whether other veno's are in human or fox form as to see who's going to amplify. there's two things i find an absolute must: casting ironwood & amplify. since changing back and forth is such a waste of mana i tend to stick to one form during the kill.

in TW it depends on my role. DD/debuff are the most common. when DDing i usually choose human form, simply because kiting people are a pain and the lag during busy TW's is not helpful either - i'm glad i'm not barb/bm lol. when debuffing i'm not really considering trying to do damage, it's more about keeping an eye on incoming people and purging the right targets.

as to the amount of damage... like someone said before the attack speed of swords are fairly high. with enough strength you do about the same amount of damage. i myself wear both TT90 @ lvl 92 and find both my def and att satisfying. but only because i know i'm not pure DD lol.

repair cost of weapon is a pain though.

mmm... all in all i think my build and pet skillsets are more set for keeping debuffs on enemies. however i don't feel like i have anything to complain about my physical damage output.
  • sharpsniper
    sharpsniper Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Based on his Str he's not in TT90 heavy, and cannot wear Requiem blade either(Possibly be using Sensoid emptiness, gold frost wand, has good hp). Probably using some combination of lower level gear to pump vitality. I'm at just over 8k, but sporting tt99 weapon and such. Would be much easier with less stat requiring gear. I lost about 500hp switching from req blade to Gold 99 glaive. I myself could probably break 9k if I switched to the frost wand, but I do want SOME damage, lol.

very good observation. I use tt80 gold set, sensoid emptiness. imo, I found the tt80 gold armor set to be most effective. to equip tt90 set or higher requires another 30+ stat at least. condsider stats cost , bonus given , socket cost,etc it not worth it for me.

Pro:
    ton of stats to mess around with as you can see i have 250 ish in vit..hehe

the tt 80 gold set can easily be 4 socket with little cost compare the those tt90 and above which is insane to 4 socket.

i only lose a few pdef by equiping tt80 gold set compare to higher one, but i can easily get the pdef else where. as you can see i have over 20k pdef in fox

it true that higher armor set give more hp when refine..but that only on high refine like +8 and above..let face it..most are not that rich..my build work wonder for normal player.

i do lose damage to the tt99 glaive..but not by much if you look at weapon stats. as you see my magic attack is pretty decent.

if i refine my +6set a little i can break 10k hp unbuff, which will be hot b:dirty
  • HumongusHead - Heavens Tear
    HumongusHead - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hi, everyone.

I am a level 91 Veno atm. I am currently saving up for Lunar rings, the one with -6% channeling. My question is, is it worth it? Even though I almost have enough for it. I was wondering if I should just put the money in refinement and just get Band of the Heaven's Jail when I am 97 and restat and put the extra in vit or magic. What do you guys think?
  • iambank
    iambank Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    FYI: I find that the OHT 94 rings have a higher percentage of giving more stats. My highest "ring" gives 11 dex and 6 magic.

Alright noob question... what are the aoe attacks in fox form?
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    iambank wrote: »
    FYI: I find that the OHT 94 rings have a higher percentage of giving more stats. My highest "ring" gives 11 dex and 6 magic.

Alright noob question... what are the aoe attacks in fox form?

Sage Purge, Myriad rainbow (fox form), Befuddling Mist (like 1-2m aoe), Malefic Crush. That's all I think. Correct me if I am wrong.
  • FloraFang - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    im wonder since im a light veno should i continue and if so till what lvl ?b:surrenderbecause i play on harshlands and trust when i say the economy is out of fu.cking wack it would be impossible for me to get a reset for stats hell even molds cost an arm and a leg.
    Anyway i just wanna know whats ur opinion on light armor?
    forgive me for these noob questions but whats the best way for a veno (with no herc or nix) to make money(casue i really want to make this build plus i need to open lvl50 upply chest)? and is DQ worth it?
    srry another question how do u get ur vit below 5 using a reset u cant go below 5 as a matter of fac u start at five

• Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Level 50 chest gives you the option to choose between a magic sword and a hammer both with attack level +1 and some other good bonuses if I remember correctly. They're pretty good weapons but don't bust your wallet if you can't afford a hammer to open it, you can still do well without them.

I never did DQ personally so I can't tell you. The only reason I would've done it would've been for the horses but they're in the cash shop anyway now.

I'd say stick it out till you're level 80+ with your light armour. I did'nt get my hercules till I was level 84 and I reset to heavy armour before that :P
    The best thing you can do now is just grind and save, by the time you get to around to 80 you should have enough for a reset and more. Once you get to 60+ just find friends you can trust and do some TT runs with them.

I reset my vitality to 3. Say if you had 20 vitality and you used a reset note to take out50 points of your vit, it would reset your vitality to 3 which is the lowest possible. I'm not sure if it still does it but in my day that's how the reset notes worked xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Ha ha ok, so some of you on HT maybe seeing me selling my heavy armour. Here's why and don't freak out :D

I decided that in absoulte truth, I never had enough money for this. I think I restatted far too early without building up any real funds and I was never prepared for this major gold spike. In doing so, I also gimped my ability to solo some things I should be able to as a pure build~ I cant even equip %-chann :P

So, after watching some guild mates in action as PvP AA/HP builds, I decided it'll make a good intermediate build for me. I'm selling my heavy armour in order to restat and pimp out my AA along with getting far better EQs such as the new lunar tomes. I'm going to apply the stat EQ to AA as in using equipent with addons like +vit / +HP / +mag.

My attack is far too low for me to cope with at the moment, it's terrible for pvp. I'm planning to restat back to HA/AA as end game build around level 100. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Moros - Harshlands
    Moros - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I have a lvl 85 veno with bound scroll of tome worth +45 mag points if i move to this build and shop well for good gear with lots of +points where should i direct any extra points. also how does this build work when soloing tt squad mode. thanks for the post and any advise you can pass along.
  • verse
    edited November 2009
    i'd put whatever you need in strength and leftover points in magic.

this build had less magic, thus less magic damage and less MP. something you should be wary about when soloing stuff.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    It's not the ideal farming build. There's some bosses I cannot do without another venomancer's assistance, yet it's a boss an arcane veno can do easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It's not the ideal farming build. There's some bosses I cannot do without another venomancer's assistance, yet it's a boss an arcane veno can do easy.
    I can see it!!! I see rei going to FF with some fail squad... rei's HP charm ticks... ticks... rei dead. then cleric complains after getting killed and leaves squad. then rei is left crying alone in the cold forgotten place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • _Rika - Sanctuary
    _Rika - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hehe nice to know it wasnt a bad decision to go HA/robe
    lvl 65 veno using current lvl heavy + ancient arbourb:laugh still workin on TT acrane n heavy armoursb:victory
  • Dinny - Heavens Tear
    Dinny - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Seriously, flamers coming here... What the hell? Are you all thirteen years old or something? Does it help you sleep at night to wander into noninflammatory threads with offhand remarks as though you're in some position to criticize people (you aren't)?

PW is a game, get the f-uck over yourselves. No one gives a damn if your build is better. Do us a favor and crawl back into your basement and continue living through your ineffectual videogames.

Anyway, this is mostly directed at the original poster.

There is one fact you gleaned over in your guide (or I just missed it?), and that is that Str > Mag in terms of damage output for the Foxform build, if we're looking at extremes.

I ran a whole bunch of tests long before you'd written this guide (I was asked to write a Fox Form guide for these forums back in Dec 2008, that never happened), but I found that a strength-based foxform veno dealt much, much more damage than an arcane. The general idea was if you pump mag more you can equip a better magic weapon and hence that weapon will have a higher physical attack, but strength takes huge precedence over the magical weapon's physical attack.

In terms of damage output, heavy is far superior. I mean even the foxform skills come from the veno's strength stat, and not in fact mag. The great thing about the arcane venos though is their all-round survivability (they're effectively 'light armor' like this) and, well, not running out of mana at critical moments. ;)

Thanks for the builds, though. I'm thinking I need to put some more into mag and get some higher level magic weaps/more mana, but I don't know if it's too early. I've been foxform from day one (I stopped playing for about 8 months) and I've never once found it difficult. Never had survivability problems or anything, but according to your guide, the foxform tree doesn't shine until 70+. :) I look forward to that, then.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    seriously, why do you care so much about flamers?

anyway, i think this heavy build shine at 9x or even 100. its very hard to find good gear with +stats and it will be always a waste of money on gear that you have to spend a lot and sell it for nothing after you use it. better stay LA or even AA on pve servers then restat when you get your endgame gear. as heavy, you will do fine (at least i did it) soloing bosses like drum, soulbanisher, feng but whats the point... others like astralwalker you will never kill them and for the others get a cleric to heal you. so i found out that i've spent so much on gear restat and what not when i could be just one simple build till 90 or even 100 when i can finally think about heavy.

also this guild is more for mid-lvl, i want something more for endgame like lvl 100. someone here (deityofrain) said that she has like 10k hp and like 20k pdef and whatever when in fact i was looking and her gear most of the times i saw her in arch and all she wear is **** AA and even that crafted 2-3 stars. i've done lots of calculation with pwcalc and there is no way you can get that (full buffed ofc) witch result in this.. many ppl lie in this thread.
  • Dinny - Heavens Tear
    Dinny - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    kenlee wrote: »
    seriously, why do you care so much about flamers?

Because I don't think play style or choice of build warrants degradation, period. Also, it bothers me how petty and horrible people can be over relatively mundane things.
    anyway, i think this heavy build shine at 9x or even 100. its very hard to find good gear with +stats and it will be always a waste of money on gear that you have to spend a lot and sell it for nothing after you use it. better stay LA or even AA on pve servers then restat when you get your endgame gear. as heavy, you will do fine (at least i did it) soloing bosses like drum, soulbanisher, feng but whats the point... others like astralwalker you will never kill them and for the others get a cleric to heal you. so i found out that i've spent so much on gear restat and what not when i could be just one simple build till 90 or even 100 when i can finally think about heavy.

I know what you're saying about equips, so I'm patiently waiting for endgame as most of us do. Just for the record, I wear the highest available heavy armor, and not wearing heavy armors from a few sets ago as some do. Still, I do agree. I'm not having any issues with this build as far as killing bosses, survivability, finding a party etc go, but yeah, the build will be better over time.
    also this guild is more for mid-lvl, i want something more for endgame like lvl 100. someone here (deityofrain) said that she has like 10k hp and like 20k pdef and whatever when in fact i was looking and her gear most of the times i saw her in arch and all she wear is **** AA and even that crafted 2-3 stars. i've done lots of calculation with pwcalc and there is no way you can get that (full buffed ofc) witch result in this.. many ppl lie in this thread.

20k Pdef isn't farfetched. I hit 15k at my level when cleric buffed on top of my own Pdef + the Foxform boost. 10k health is a hoot, though, for a venomancer. Oh well, people lie in many threads honey, not just this one. :P