Predictions

Options

Comments

• SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Here we go... let the lame defences begin!

You know, I know, everyone knows that it's easier to defend than attack, especially with jones blessing. Clearly enrage can't match tao in an attack at the moment, so why would they attack you?

But enrage got close to defending for 3 hours without jones blessing- tao must be scared that with the blessing, enrage can successfully hold out for 3 hrs?

Two weeks of Jone's, two weeks of Tao not attacking us, coincidence? The world may never know.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Two weeks of Jone's, two weeks of Tao not attacking us, coincidence? The world may never know.

The world might not know, but Tao does.b:thanks

*waits for a Tao member to post*b:beg

b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    w0w, this is coming from enrage, who got slapped in the face trying to bring tao down, realizing their hard on for us wasnt getting them anywhere except backwards... whose really scared?
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chanima - Heavens Tear
    Chanima - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Maybe not scared... Just smart :)
    Pride comes before a fall! b:bye
  • Veluciel - Heavens Tear
    Veluciel - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I hear Tao was scared of a super secret gank from all the factions from a friend's friend in Tao. But hey, we alll know that Tao is never scare *coughs* and we all know Tao is the best faction *coughs*. Oh well, Tao will never get ganked due to epic pwn-ness Tao is *coughs*.

Side Note: I think I have a cold now >________>

P.S: Thats the following heard, but Tao doesnt give excuses *coughs* and its probably just lies since Tao is sooo better than that *coughs* *sneezes*
    Did you also know that every time someone says 'Tao' in a thread, 1m coins is automatically sent to the bank because of the awesomeness....

cough....cough.....cough.....right. Any more 'facts' you want to share? b:chuckle

(ooh second post on forum o.O i'm so proud...)
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This is ridiculous. Anyone who knows me on these forums know that I don't sugarcoat or BS.

So, we attacked Caesar this week. Wanna know why? Or do you just wanna carry on with all these guesses, conspiracy theories and how the whole world hates your faction? We bid Caesar for the reason someone posted in the beginning of this thread (I'm too lazy to quote it) - a planned gank.

So we decided to get our own back on Caesar.

Funny everyone was like "Oh typical, Tao are gonna bid for DWP this week, oh QQQQQ", then when we don't, "Oh Tao didn't bid DWP, oh QQQ". Why do you care so much about WHY we bid? Just look at WHERE we bid and deal with it.
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • mchypz
    mchypz Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This is ridiculous. Anyone who knows me on these forums know that I don't sugarcoat or BS.

So, we attacked Caesar this week. Wanna know why? Or do you just wanna carry on with all these guesses, conspiracy theories and how the whole world hates your faction? We bid Caesar for the reason someone posted in the beginning of this thread (I'm too lazy to quote it) - a planned gank.

So we decided to get our own back on Caesar.

Funny everyone was like "Oh typical, Tao are gonna bid for DWP this week, oh QQQQQ", then when we don't, "Oh Tao didn't bid DWP, oh QQQ". Why do you care so much about WHY we bid? Just look at WHERE we bid and deal with it.

idk maybe it shows wat kind of guild tao is? guess ppl cant wait to see where tao bid next week etherb:chuckle
  • kd5eej
    kd5eej Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    w0w, this is coming from enrage, who got slapped in the face trying to bring tao down, realizing their hard on for us wasnt getting them anywhere except backwards... whose really scared?

You got to be the biggest cry baby, Captain Butthurt Reply.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    what?... your post made absolutely no sense
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    what?... your post made absolutely no sense

That's ok, even the slow children are special.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    mchypz wrote: »
    idk maybe it shows wat kind of guild tao is? guess ppl cant wait to see where tao bid next week etherb:chuckle

Now that leaves me wondering, what kind of guild is Tao from your perspective mystery person?

Here's a hint from my perspective, Tao is a guild driven by a challenge that we've actually faced. Once we actually feel the hurt, it motivates us to break past the top of that mountain, or if necessary, blow the top of the mountain off.

Ever want to know what drives Tao and our decisions? Heh, I'm a big part of the decision making process, and I'm not even sure what's going to affect my vote in where we attack, or even if my preference at the start of bidding will be my preference near to the end of bidding.

As for this week's attack decision, it was a reaction to information regarding a multi-front attack (aka. gank) planning attempt by Caesar officers, Jones Blessing was a cooincidence. We simply opted to move against a target that granted the group plotting against us the greatest strategical positioning. We as a whole are not overconfident or cocky despite individuals *coughstickycough* who attempt to suggest otherwise. Intelligence and caution win in the long run while making a few measured gambles in the process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • doremi12
    doremi12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Looking at the TW map of HT.

It would be in Caesar interest to venture into Rad lands and round them up, before getting cut off by enrage for it exit. If not they should concentrate on south in preparation for new land.

Rad is in it twilight and traditional poor TW bidding from them exhibits little or no resistant against Caesar, although they alliance with enrage but who know that tiger would not turn against them.

Enrage too should try to stop Caesar and venture into Rad lands, if they can use Rad as a barrier, they can stop Tao from attacking since Tao do not bid on Rad from all the bidding history. If they continue to go south, they will get wide up by Tao

From Tao bidding, it looks like going south in preparation for new lands from new expension so they will be little interest in the north.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    doremi12 wrote: »
    Enrage too should try to stop Caesar and venture into Rad lands, if they can use Rad as a barrier, they can stop Tao from attacking since Tao do not bid on Rad from all the bidding history. If they continue to go south, they will get wide up by Tao

History lesson: 3 of Tao's first 6 lands were taken from Rad. week1, week 2, and week 9 (2 weeks were city of lost vs Enrage and 2 weeks were spent trying to get stronger than Enrage later on). We have not attacked Radiance since as it's been unnecessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    doremi12 wrote: »
    Looking at the TW map of HT.

It would be in Caesar interest to venture into Rad lands and round them up, before getting cut off by enrage for it exit. If not they should concentrate on south in preparation for new land.

Rad is in it twilight and traditional poor TW bidding from them exhibits little or no resistant against Caesar, although they alliance with enrage but who know that tiger would not turn against them.

From Tao bidding, it looks like going south in preparation for new lands from new expension so they will be little interest in the north.

Congratulations, you win the post-which-makes-no-sense award for today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Now that leaves me wondering, what kind of guild is Tao from your perspective mystery person?

Here's a hint from my perspective, Tao is a guild driven by a challenge that we've actually faced. Once we actually feel the hurt, it motivates us to break past the top of that mountain, or if necessary, blow the top of the mountain off.

Ever want to know what drives Tao and our decisions? Heh, I'm a big part of the decision making process, and I'm not even sure what's going to affect my vote in where we attack, or even if my preference at the start of bidding will be my preference near to the end of bidding.

As for this week's attack decision, it was a reaction to information regarding a multi-front attack (aka. gank) planning attempt by Caesar officers, Jones Blessing was a cooincidence. We simply opted to move against a target that granted the group plotting against us the greatest strategical positioning. We as a whole are not overconfident or cocky despite individuals *coughstickycough* who attempt to suggest otherwise. Intelligence and caution win in the long run while making a few measured gambles in the process.

Question: What is Tao's plans for the future? Own all the land?

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Demaulicus - Heavens Tear
    Demaulicus - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Where is the proof to the accused gank? If no proof then it isn't true so shut up. Also, I'd like to see screenshots. This "gank" thing is total garbage. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Question: What is Tao's plans for the future? Own all the land?

b:surrender

No, when Tao is satisfied with our defensive stance, we will occasionally opt to attack nobody, I believe the best statement of our intent is "We don't want to dominate the map, but we do want to [internally] control whether or not we can."
    Where is the proof to the accused gank? If no proof then it isn't true so shut up. Also, I'd like to see screenshots. This "gank" thing is total garbage. b:bye

I don't screenshot my convos unless I consider them worth GM report(threats against me in real life), my screenshot file is already big enough. The information however was gained through multiple channels in all the landed guilds to multiple officers in Tao. All the channels I'm counting as sources being officers in those guilds.

All-in-all credible enough rumor of a gank being organized by a well-positioned and relatively strong guild should result in the attempt to remove the positioning at the very least. To not do so is folly. We simply chose to react to the information we had available to us.

Note to Dan for wrap-ups: Caesar virtually no-showed (I saw 3 members in war) resulting ina 4m51s battle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    No, when Tao is satisfied with our defensive stance, we will occasionally opt to attack nobody, I believe the best statement of our intent is "We don't want to dominate the map, but we do want to [internally] control whether or not we can."

I don't screenshot my convos unless I consider them worth GM report(threats against me in real life), my screenshot file is already big enough. The information however was gained through multiple channels in all the landed guilds to multiple officers in Tao. All the channels I'm counting as sources being officers in those guilds.

All-in-all credible enough rumor of a gank being organized by a well-positioned and relatively strong guild should result in the attempt to remove the positioning at the very least. To not do so is folly. We simply chose to react to the information we had available to us.

Note to Dan for wrap-ups: Caesar virtually no-showed (I saw 3 members in war) resulting ina 4m51s battle.

Sorry but without actual evidence it is inadmissible evidence so it is not credible. Without proof it's like the SUN magazine or some other rumor article. Making up stories only makes you look bad and creates unneccesary drama.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sorry but without actual evidence it is inadmissible evidence so it is not credible. Without proof it's like the SUN magazine or some other rumor article. Making up stories only makes you look bad and creates unneccesary drama.

Regardless of whether or not there was actually a planned gank, or if it was just a planned manipulation of Tao's decision making is irrelevant. It is the information we got, it's the information we chose to act on. I'm not saying there was one being planned 100%, I'm saying that the info we received pointed to that being the case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celric - Heavens Tear
    Celric - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Love & Peace all!!!b:victory
    Year's have gone by.

Got Rice?
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Love & Peace all!!!b:victory

*hugs his Celly poo* Keep dodging those trucks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options

Wait, ewww you guys want absolute control, no fun in that :P

So when you feel like it, you guys will let a noob guild get land?

Anni packs did you guys good, Devs will be proudb:victory

Isnt the admission like, Lunar gear or b:bye? lol

jk jk Tao :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wait, ewww you guys want absolute control, no fun in that :P

No absolute control would be absolute domination and leadership control of the other guilds, no fun in that. We want healthy competition, but we also want to be comfortable that we can beat that competition.
    So when you feel like it, you guys will let a noob guild get land?

Sadly we can't, as Evolution proved in March or April with Ultra, without banning of both guild's leaders as it's considered a manipulation of the Territory War system.
    Anni packs did you guys good, Devs will be proudb:victory

Isnt the admission like, Lunar gear or b:bye? lol

jk jk Tao :P

There honestly aren't as many cash shop whores in Tao as you think, I have been one, and occasionally am one. Many of our strongest players have never spent a dime on the game and earned every bit of their gear whether it be through merchanting or through playtime and effort. Yes, Anni packs have benefitted several of us, but they're not the core of Tao's strength, if anything, it made the competition greater as other guilds gained some of the advantages Tao had before Anni Packs and the "advantage" became amplified on both sides effectively nullifying the gear strength point advantages. Additionally some of our best geared members rarely are available for TW or prefer to be excluded to allow other members the TW experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

edited November 2009
    Options
    No absolute control would be absolute domination and leadership control of the other guilds, no fun in that. We want healthy competition, but we also want to be comfortable that we can beat that competition.

Sounds like giving ppl false hope for TW.... b:sad

So say for example, Rad and Caesar was wiped off the map and you only have Enrage left with a few lands (like 5 or so). Would you TW against Enrage then and wipe them?

or..

Stop against them and just fight other factions? Ultimately wouldn't you guys get gank either way? With too much power lies corruption and drama. b:shocked

You guys are truly a TW faction. lol Asking ppl gear stats rather then personality...

idk lol I thought I knew Tao but guess notb:victory

Non-Factor Barb here has said all :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited November 2009
    Options
    So say for example, Rad and Caesar was wiped off the map and you only have Enrage left with a few lands (like 5 or so). Would you TW against Enrage then and wipe them?

or..

Stop against them and just fight other factions? Ultimately wouldn't you guys get gank either way? With too much power lies corruption and drama. b:shocked

Take a brief look at the map, Rad cannot be wiped without 2 new guilds taking its place unless Tao also loses land in the process. There are 3 possible attack locations that could put Caesar in a similar situation, either isolating 1 or two of their lands to prevent complete erasure from the map, if Tao wins those battles. Did I just call Tao's potential targets for next week? Nope, there's 9 territories I'm still considering for various reasons and probably other officers are still considering territores not included in my 9 which may expand our options. Heck, who knows I may actually kick myself for being too open and honest as this thread could end up being cited for some form of server wide hatred.
    You guys are truly a TW faction. lol Asking ppl gear stats rather then personality...

idk lol I thought I knew Tao but guess notb:victory

We do both gear and personality, but yes, we are a TW faction. It's impossible to judge a person's personality in the application, which is what we try to utilize the references for and the interview process, get a bit of a feel for somebody when you interact with them. We have rules and guidelines that direct the desired behavior of our members both of which we attempt to support. We also factor in player quality and weigh the various points against each other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Keita - Heavens Tear
    Keita - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sadly we can't, as Evolution proved in March or April with Ultra, without banning of both guild's leaders as it's considered a manipulation of the Territory War system.

I thought that was around January when RoC still existed.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    that's funny... coz one of ur officers told me something else...
    or decision was simply made only by a guy who has an access to edya's acc? coz i heard it wasnt her decision
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver
    XbladeXBm - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    We want healthy competition, but we also want to be comfortable that we can beat that competition.

If you want healthy competition... dont wipe new factions who have just got their first land off the map.. (ie: last week)

More Factions on the map = more competition.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It basically comes down to this. Tao wanted the easier land and they made a ton of excuses as to why they bid the way they did. Some of the so-called reasons that were given are as follows...

1) Charms are too expensive
    2) There was a planned "gank"
    3) It was a strategical move to secure Lost City

Tao just admit that you wanted the land and stop making excuses. Also, Go listen to He said she said by Limp Bizkit.

P.S. Can a GM lock this thread cause this has gotten out of control.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]