Anniversary Pack Discussion

Options

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    opietaylor wrote: »
    Hahaha... I know how businesses work and I know that it wouldn't work if no one paid. F2P games are often times more profitable too because there is not set limit to what can be spent and there is also no monthly commitment so people don't have a "bottom line" to look at... it all makes sense.

However, the only reason I made a comment is because you termed them "freeloaders"... now, a freeloader is someone who takes advantage of a system without having paid for it. This term comes into play for such businesses as Lighthouses and the like, that provide a blanket service but aren't always able to collect from everyone who benefits from said service. They may collect from the ocean liners that use them and board at the harbor, but not from everyone that uses it.

THAT is the definition of a "freeloader"... this example within PWI is not even close to a "freeloader" at all lol.

Okay, so the term was a bit harsh, my definition of a "PWI freeloader" is one who never uses any cash shop items. Even those that never give their own money to PWI are still providing PWI with money that would not have been spent had they not paid for the item with in-game currency. The "PWI freeloader" doesn't want PWI to make money but wants them to stay around so they can continue to contribute nothing to the company that provides the service they are deriving entertainment from. Which to me fits the first definition here: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/freeloader . Maybe I should have used the term "Pirate" instead like the MPAA & RIAA do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opietaylor
    opietaylor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Okay, so the term was a bit harsh, my definition of a "PWI freeloader" is one who never uses any cash shop items. Even those that never give their own money to PWI are still providing PWI with money that would not have been spent had they not paid for the item with in-game currency. The "PWI freeloader" doesn't want PWI to make money but wants them to stay around so they can continue to contribute nothing to the company that provides the service they are deriving entertainment from. Which to me fits the first definition here: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/freeloader . Maybe I should have used the term "Pirate" instead like the MPAA & RIAA do.

Haha, on that much we are agreed. It is simply foolish to believe you can indefinitely take advantage of a service without ever giving something to help take care of it :-) But I agree with your logic and everything, just thought the term was funny is all.

I agree haha!
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    And I agree the term might not have been the best to use. b:victory And I think almost everyone in this thread agrees with "Enough already with the packs!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    Retias - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    And I agree the term might not have been the best to use. b:victory And I think almost everyone in this thread agrees with "Enough already with the packs!"

Agree b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opietaylor
    opietaylor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Most definitely haha... just sick of them, they've run their course, let's move on already. The next sales will get them just as much business so it should be fine! :-D
  • Gabriil - Lost City
    Gabriil - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Hey, they could make all the players leave before the expansion pack comes out, that way it will be like a whole new game!

Yay, +1 post for me!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

by that definition i don't think there are any freeloaders in this game at all...unless you talking about the lowbies that can't afford anything that requires gold and don't want to cash shop
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    by that definition i don't think there are any freeloaders in this game at all...unless you talking about the lowbies that can't afford anything that requires gold and don't want to cash shop

I've came across several in my year (or is it 3 years with 3 anniversaries) here. Obviously they aren't going to be in this thread as they could care less what gold prices are except when it affects their herb/mat buying ability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lol PWI aint being smart now b:laugh Platinum charm for 6gold (sale?) !!! harhar.. sanctuary's gold is average 500k, X6 =3mill. No one will buy it from cashshop mr.pwi ! Its going at 2mill-2.5mill due to anniv pack
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lol PWI aint being smart now b:laugh Platinum charm for 6gold (sale?) !!! harhar.. sanctuary's gold is average 500k, X6 =3mill. No one will buy it from cashshop mr.pwi ! Its going at 2mill-2.5mill due to anniv pack

-.-''' Anniversary Packs sell in the Cash Shop too. And idk, but, maybe... CSers will buy it from the cash shop?

Also-- they're being taken out in December-- AFTER the Anni Pack event ends (I hope.)
  • Kiralsha - Heavens Tear
    Kiralsha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    All I can say is..Goodbye people leaving, goodbye people going to leave..and welcome back when you can't stand to stay away and have to look at the expansion =P

Also...A few hundred people (if that) quitting...isn't really that much. More people will always pop up.
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    -.-''' Anniversary Packs sell in the Cash Shop too. And idk, but, maybe... CSers will buy it from the cash shop?

Also-- they're being taken out in December-- AFTER the Anni Pack event ends (I hope.)

perhaps u are right ! but CSers would be smarter to sell the gold for 500k each ! You sell 6 gold = 3mill, and u buy the plat charms from other ppl for 2.2mill b:chuckle Know what i mean ? This way u still got 800k left oh yeaaaa.
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    All I can say is..Goodbye people leaving, goodbye people going to leave..and welcome back when you can't stand to stay away and have to look at the expansion =P

Also...A few hundred people (if that) quitting...isn't really that much. More people will always pop up.

It's not just the people who quit who are to be missed, but you have forgotten the ones who vow to never charge Zhen again. Since this game is still playable without money~ No one has to leave to do damage.
    It's done more damage than I want to admit that it has; welcome to my denial boat. >_>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    id have quit this game already due to these crappy anniv packs if i didn't have friends in this game.

the only reason i play is to admire my hard work into my char for what she is and talk and socialize with friends.

so im giving pwi the middle finger atm
  • Myreth - Dreamweaver
    Myreth - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well, lets just call it what it is, gambling. Each pack is a gamble on what you might get. Those that have tons of coins, or lots of cash to spend might actually get something from them. Lets be honest, this game is basically free to play. So those of us that don't have a lot of money, the packs are awful. They have already put the price of gold way up and made it harder to get stuff from the boutique. Of course some of this is due to the fact that they are supposed to be available for only a limited time. Beyond the chance of getting a really great item, it appears that the biggest draw is the tokens. So maybe instead of offering the packs, the tokens could be offered instead. Or maybe lets add a quest that gives out tokens as a reward. Beyond that, I think they should be discontinued.
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yea its a F2P game where PWI earns from cash shoppers. But still customer server is imporant, in this cause they shld set a cap on the price of gold so that the number of players wont cut down. At least this gives the poorer players a chance to farm money IN GAME and use that to buy gold from AH. This way both poorer and richer can buy cash shop items.
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

• Allodynics - Lost City
    Allodynics - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Any free MMORPG is made up to two different types of players, the free players and the cash players. A simple balance must be maintained to keep both playing. The anniversary pack (during the anniversary), was a great way to reward the cash players for their loyalty to the game, and possibly to make new cash players out of the non-cash players in the cause, 'if you haven't already, now is a really great time to take advantage of the perks'. I saw two (2) new level 100 Orange Weapons pop up during the event and thought, "Wow...Conquerer just became more dominant." I thought the event was very successful for everyone.

Cash players got their really cool items and non-cash players who knew how to play the market stock piled their tokens for sale after the month long event. The event ended and gold started to stabilize around 300K each. The market place soon began to run out of tokens. The Anniversary Pack, then made a come back! It recently ended and restarted again!

Now, the marketplace is over saturated with tokens, gold is hovering around 600K, and the separation of cash players and non cash players is not only present, it is a distinct wall of "I got McDonald's and you got moldy bread." It is great that you can enhance your game play by spending extra resources that you may have, but being the only way to compete is either to join the bandwagon (become a cash player) or quit.

What happens when there are no more non-cash players for the cash players to beat up on? Better yet, what is the likely-hood of cash players to continue playing if they have already reached their "END GAME" gear and know that no one else is a match to them? Will they continue spending or just join the fed up non-cash players and just play something else?

Permanent Anniversary Packs = Imbalance of Fun

b:surrender
  • Allodynics - Lost City
    Allodynics - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well, lets just call it what it is, gambling. Each pack is a gamble on what you might get. Those that have tons of coins, or lots of cash to spend might actually get something from them. Lets be honest, this game is basically free to play. So those of us that don't have a lot of money, the packs are awful. They have already put the price of gold way up and made it harder to get stuff from the boutique. Of course some of this is due to the fact that they are supposed to be available for only a limited time. Beyond the chance of getting a really great item, it appears that the biggest draw is the tokens. So maybe instead of offering the packs, the tokens could be offered instead. Or maybe lets add a quest that gives out tokens as a reward. Beyond that, I think they should be discontinued.

I was told at level 100 that you get 50 tokens as a reward for bounty hunter quests. Is this true?
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Lvl 100 BH reward can be one of the following:
    - 50 chips
    - 50 mirage
    - 50 socket stones
    - 2 ecstazy cards (aka 2 mil)
    - cultivation orb (=400k exp)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Any free MMORPG is made up to two different types of players, the free players and the cash players. A simple balance must be maintained to keep both playing. The anniversary pack (during the anniversary), was a great way to reward the cash players for their loyalty to the game, and possibly to make new cash players out of the non-cash players in the cause, 'if you haven't already, now is a really great time to take advantage of the perks'. I saw two (2) new level 100 Orange Weapons pop up during the event and thought, "Wow...Conquerer just became more dominant." I thought the event was very successful for everyone.

Cash players got their really cool items and non-cash players who knew how to play the market stock piled their tokens for sale after the month long event. The event ended and gold started to stabilize around 300K each. The market place soon began to run out of tokens. The Anniversary Pack, then made a come back! It recently ended and restarted again!

Now, the marketplace is over saturated with tokens, gold is hovering around 600K, and the separation of cash players and non cash players is not only present, it is a distinct wall of "I got McDonald's and you got moldy bread." It is great that you can enhance your game play by spending extra resources that you may have, but being the only way to compete is either to join the bandwagon (become a cash player) or quit.

What happens when there are no more non-cash players for the cash players to beat up on? Better yet, what is the likely-hood of cash players to continue playing if they have already reached their "END GAME" gear and know that no one else is a match to them? Will they continue spending or just join the fed up non-cash players and just play something else?

Permanent Anniversary Packs = Imbalance of Fun

b:surrender

2 new lvl 100 weapons ? how?
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    2 new lvl 100 weapons ? how?

not new lvl 100 weapons as in new kinds, but you can trade in best luck tokens for orange TT mats
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • $talker - Sanctuary
    $talker - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I mean it's fine to have an anniversary and all.Congrats and everything but please remove the anni packs already.How much more money do u want to make of us? And also BTW will we ever be able to open the halloween ornament and weapon packs?
  • IDaun - Dreamweaver
    IDaun - Dreamweaver Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I mean it's fine to have an anniversary and all.Congrats and everything but please remove the anni packs already.How much more money do u want to make of us? And also BTW will we ever be able to open the halloween ornament and weapon packs?

They want to make as much money as possible.

Yeah. We'll be able to open them... uh... maybe that'll be next year's anni gift. The packs will drop special GOLDEN hammers that can open the boxes.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ok I did misunderstand you, I thought you arguement had logic my bad.

that's ok, dont worry. I understand...b:cute
    Free stuff should be free. Paid stuff keep em' pay stuff

So you dont want access to any CS items, no charms, no orbs, no fashion etc etc etc with ingame coin ?

besides fashion and reset scrolls, I haven't used any of the the items you mentioned (my highest alt is lvl 42). And personally I think paid items shouldn't give a clear advantage over free ingame items or become "key elements" for game progression that you are forced to aquire them by any way (paid on RL or ingame).

For example, Hercs & charms had became must have items otherwise you are a fail on your class. Sure, PWI is not makin' you buy them in a direct way, but indireclty due to peer social pressure from people who buy them (and by their 'charm pack sales' perhaps also).

I need to mention that I haven't said anything about how you pay for them (with RL money or by an ingame way).
    What's gettin' on my nerves is thing are becoming unfair for people who doesn't wanna pay for it

So as you put it "pay stuff keep em' pay stuff" and not allowing players who dont want to spend a dime on PW access to charms etc with ingame coin is not unfair ?

I have played other online games where paid items are nont-tradeable and exclusively for people who pay for them, and yet they are still a fun game since those items are not givin advantage over free players, or had become key items for game progression.

Maybe if PWI does that this kind of rampages will cease to exist. But they need to balance them both.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meivi - Lost City
    Meivi - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I'm not going to make any suggestions, comment on other people's stupidity or anything of the sort.

No to anniversary packs. Its not even an anniversary. That's not the point just... >>

Get rid of 'em.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer ~ 100 ~ Instinct
  • Collapse - Harshlands
    Collapse - Harshlands Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I think the anniversary packs and all the items obtained from them will be kinda moot after the expansion. There will be a new dungeon to upgrade some of your endgame weapons/ armour (rank 8 and tt100 are excluded, so ppl who dumped thousands to get them are kinda getting ripped off), which will take good ole hard work and i think will put the game back in its normal place, which is cash shop = some advantage, but hard work always prevails.
    Currently playing : |||| Waiting for:
    Allods |||||| G.W.2
    GW
    Bloodline Champions
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Is there any ETA yet on the removal of the packs?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Is there any ETA yet on the removal of the packs?

Sometime in November
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    can we atleast rename this thread because this is simply a pool for all the mass QQ and anger

this is NOT a "discussion" thread

there is no Q & A
  • DevoL - Lost City
    DevoL - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    "Nothing in life worth having comes easy"

With that gone, the only reason to play is to talk to your friends and enjoy what little fun you can squeeze out of the game now. Have fun
    b:bye
This discussion has been closed.