Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i have a question, who decides what goes into the game when there are updates to the patches? the GM's or the Dev's? because i would think that if the GM's update patches and such (which i doubt) then they would know, otherwise i dont think the GM's should be blamed for not knowing certain things (like when the packs will end) also what was that glitch (that day when the packs disappered) because as soon as that happened, i saw gold prices go down to 300k ^^. i do agree however, that these packs need to go and soon...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Where do you get all THAT from what I said? Who said anything about spending a ton of money in the cash shop?

Play free all you want. Just stop acting like paying players are supposed to get nothing for the money they spend. We pay for non-payers to play.

Why is it essential that you "keep up" with other players? If you want to have nice things buy them like everyone else does. It's that simple. Hey I'd like to have a Porsche but I don't go hating on people that can afford one just because I can't.

Why should everyone be your clone & have to go without just because you do? That's not reasonable.

my original post was a response to
    Can the game exist with solely cashshoppers?

and i just said that is not possible because this is advertised as a free2play therefore having it solely filled with cash shoppers means no new players are playing. i didn't say it was essential that you keep up with other players via cash shop, i said no one entering the self-advertised F2P game expects to, therefore you pretty much have to have a large playerbase of free to play players if the game were to expect to grow.

and you really don't get Bladecutter's explanation?

you log onto perfect world. they are providing the client, the servers, and the updates for free. they offer stuff that is available for you to buy in-game if you are interested, and they provide massive incentives for you to buy them. buying these items help pay for keeping the game running.

you walk into a store. they are providing air conditioning, lighting, and sometimes even samples for free.
    they offer stuff that is available for you to buy if you are interested, and they provide massive incentives for you to buy them. buying these items help pay for keeping the store running, such as rented building space, utilities, employee salaries, etc etc.

the game itself is not the product they're selling, because they're not selling the game. what you're buying are items offered in the game. so just as a store lets you tread on their floor space, use their bathrooms, and drink their fountain water, so too, does this game let you play for free. that is why we can't have solely cash shoppers, because that would mean no new potential customers are entering the store. in conclusion, **** yes, i can enter a store for free, and not buy any of the products.

so this statement of yours:
    I completely fail to see any logic in this. That's like saying a grocery store would never have any new customers unless it offered anyone who wanted free food for life to come & just take away their goods free. LOL How do you think ANY business operates & expands to new customers? LOL It certainly isn't by saying you have a choice to pay us or just not pay us for our product! b:chuckle

is not a valid analogy.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    Homaru - Harshlands Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    rayne36 wrote: »
    Thank you for your realism. I don't have 40 million to spend on a Galactic Beetle. Do you? Didn't think so...

b:cute You're welcome.
    b:bye
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thank you for your realism. I don't have 40 million to spend on a Galactic Beetle. Do you? Didn't think so...

So your real gripe is that you are poor and others are rich. However, if you had the 40million, you could buy it, therefore you can get it with in-game coin, even if it is not easy.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    So your real gripe is that you are poor and others are rich. However, if you had the 40million, you could buy it, therefore you can get it with in-game coin, even if it is not easy.

lmao, every post I see from you is
    ZOMG YOU QQ'ERS JUST ARE NOT RICH LIKE THE REST OF US! STOP QQ'ING "CAUSE YOU"RE NOT RICHHHH

We're talking about the game. The packs ruin gameplay, not because we're not rich, because they actually ruin the game.
    Find new material, pl0x
    edited November 2009
    lmao, every post I see from you is
    ZOMG YOU QQ'ERS JUST ARE NOT RICH LIKE THE REST OF US! STOP QQ'ING "CAUSE YOU"RE NOT RICHHHH

We're talking about the game. The packs ruin gameplay, not because we're not rich, because they actually ruin the game.
    Find new material, pl0x

mmm He was talking about the game not being free....

You and he were not talking about the packs. I think the packs need to go as well, but that does not mean this game is not free....

Maybe you can bother to actualy read the posts before going emo?

Here is the list of relevant quotes:
    thats true, free to down load but its not free to actually play b:victory
    What about event mounts that you can only get if you buy game cards?
    Are they non tradeable ? if not then you can get one with ingame coin
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    mmm He was talking about the game not being free....

He was not talking about the packs. I think the packs need to go as well, but that does not mean this game is not free....

Maybe you can bother to actualy read the posts before going emo?

I'm talking about all your posts.

Every single one of them has to do with rich people. Its getting old.

And if you really think packs needs to go, then stop supporting them. It's because of people like you that makes pwi think people support their marketing schemes.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Plus unlike other free to play games you are not capped at a lower level than those who pay, or are excluded from any content because you dont charge $.

EVERY thing in PW is open to those who dont pay a dime, granted atm they have to work a little bit harder for it, but you still havent lost the option to obtain items or use all the games content

The lvl 50 and lvl 80 supply stash needs to be opened with a gold hammer, an item found only on the cash shop. Yes, you can buy gold from AH or find someone selling it for coins, but SOMEONE had to pay real money for that gold hammer you are buying, so that can be considered a kind of capping that will give some sort of advantage to zhen buyers.

There is no other way (one that requires NO ONE buying zhen) to get that item if you wanna open the supply stash or some chests scattered on World Map than havin someone paying for it.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ladymaxima
    ladymaxima Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    "They have not shown gross negligence of the game's economy. Actually players show gross ignorance about how to operate a free market system within the game & do the most damage to themselves by misplacing value of certain objects in the game" - The person who said this is very smart.

Player value is very different than in game value, and I liked that this game used pretty low numbers. Until I saw what people did with gold...

The players, both cash shoppers and free players alike, have caused this problem. It will take everyone to fix this. But as I said in a previous post, almost nobody who uses the cash shop exclusively will care. They wil continue to kill low level players as well as shunning their advancement and knowledge of the game. They don't post on here for a reason.

The rate hikers however, (namely everyone who decides the player value of an item is worth 10 times more than the in game value), are only making this worse for themselves and for others. They will continue to have to sell their goods for continuously higher prices to compensate for the market they created. The new players will continue to struggle while others leave entirely.

Need I remind people of the historical Coca Cola scam? They removed Coke from the market and introduced "New Coke". It was terrible, people loathed it and the owners of Coke wanted them to loathe it. Because when they brought out "Coke Classic" they made millions.

The anniversary pack isn't much different and the upcoming expansion may have something to do with this, or new paid content (or something else) that may reduce Gold prices AND still make them ludicrous amounts of money.
    (I think they may have kept them around not just for money grabbing, but maybe also for paying overtime hours to programmers and translators for the expansion. The past 7 or so updates have all been expansion related. Anyway...)

I'm going to keep my catshop prices low, reasonable, and affordable. You should to. QUIT WHINING AND TAKE ACTION
    This one of the best answer, and constructive outlook by far on this thread. Good to see that some look beyond and try to see the point
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    The lvl 50 and lvl 80 supply stash needs to be opened with a gold hammer, an item found only on the cash shop. Yes, you can buy gold from AH or find someone selling it for coins, but SOMEONE had to pay real money for that gold hammer you are buying, so that can be considered a kind of capping that will give some sort of advantage to zhen buyers.

There is no other way (one that requires NO ONE buying zhen) to get that item if you wanna open the supply stash or some chests scattered on World Map than havin someone paying for it.

This is true for a lot of items.
    Charms, D orbs, Socket stones, battle pet packs...

But they don't charge a monthly free so its "Free to play"
    edited November 2009
    You have the right to believe in what you want.

If you think you NEED to pay for those items with RL money, than you have the right to your opinion.

If you do not know you can just use in-game coin to buy any item in cash shop, than that is also up to you.

If you choose to play without spending a single dollar, you have that option. That is what makes the game free. The game does not advertise EASY FREE TO PLAY, only free to play.

The game being free has nothing to do with the packs though. The fact I do not like the packs does not invalidate trying to explain why the game is still free.
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009

You miss the point, if YOU dont want to spend a $ on this game, then you dont have to be the one who buys it. You yourself have listed two ways to obtain a hammer without spending any RL money yourself.

Edit: and its not a kind of capping since the opening of the chests is not a pre-req to be able to level, and the items contained in the chests are not needed either
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    You miss the point, if YOU dont want to spend a $ on this game, then you dont have to be the one who buys it. You yourself have listed two ways to obtain a hammer without spending any RL money yourself.

Edit: and its not a kind of capping since the opening of the chests is not a pre-req to be able to level, and the items contained in the chests are not needed either

His arguement was that it can't be free to play if SOMEONE has to pay for it.
    Hope that cleared things up a bit. b:cute I wasn't aware it was so hard to understand.
  • ladymaxima
    ladymaxima Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Also my game play isn't ruined, I'm having alot of good fun, especailly laughing at the people crying that GM's and Developers wrong to make a living. Glitches wow, this game is so unplayable, really. There are gliches sure but of all games i've played, it has one of the least. Please PWE continue doing a good job. Continue your fixes as much as possoble. After being in a world of Windows Vista bugs, you are doing fantastic. Simply put, I'm saying things happen. And yay anniversay packs, if folks don't like em stop buying.
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    Retias - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hope that cleared things up a bit. b:cute I wasn't aware it was so hard to understand.

And youre still not force to open that chest...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009

But if its not you paying for it the game is still "FREE for you"... Hope that cleared it up for ya, if its to hard to understand b:victory
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This is true for a lot of items.
    Charms, D orbs, Socket stones, battle pet packs...

But they don't charge a monthly free so its "Free to play"

Dependos on what each of us understand of "Free to play". And concerning charms, orbs, sockets, etc, they were made as "VIP items" from beggining. Targeted to a market willing to pay freely for them.

The supply stash more like a "free trial". Get son cool thing and when the trial is over you're gonna need to pay if you wanna get the goodies it holds.

I think you are the one missing the point. If the ting is "Free to play", then why me or someone else need to pay for that?

Free stuff should be free. Paid stuff keep em' pay stuff. But more than anniv pack makin' you spend RL money on it is what is doing to the game balance: free & hard to get stuff is becoming easy-rto-get-with-money stuff.

I'm not againt paid stuff or the pack. What's gettin' on my nerves is thing are becoming unfair for people who doesn't wanna pay for it. Rite now farminf or matz or grinding for coins makes no difference. takes the same amount of time with current economy.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gabriil - Lost City
    Gabriil - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well, honestly, the third time the packs were added is what really did it for me. I said, ok, the packs were added a second time, fine... Decided that even if I didn't participate in the first event, I will in the second. I saw "packs will be available from the 13th of october to the 1st of november", I thought I might as well stand them for another 3 weeks, with all the 6xregular gold prices and other goodies they bring and make a buck on the side. But, when you remove them, then add them again after 2 days, no warnings, no flash no bang, I have to wonder if it's not JUST a way to squeeze as much as possible from a suffocating business or something.

This third addition to the cash shop of the packs made me consider quitting the game for good for the first time. I am not one of the players that play for free, but I am adamant about the fact that this game is close to impossible to be played for free, or maybe it could be turned into a sort of "master-slave" game with some sort of success. Cash shop users could use the free players as slaves were used in past times, they could use them as lab-rats. One cash shop user could fight 20 free players and come out vctorious.

I'm sorry if this sounds like "flaming", but with this sort of behaviour from the devs/GM's, the game is being ruined for a lot of people. I have heard very very few people say they are happy with this anu pack stuff. i am one of the unhappy ones.

At least other games are stated to be "pay for play", whereas this game is sort of trying to force you to pay, even though it says it's free. Make it a demo or something, if you're gonna make us pay regardless.

And about what some guy was saying that this game is not, in essence free to play, I kind of agree. The chests that need to be opened with perfect hammers, the instances that require you to have a charm - someone will pay for those cash shop items, even if you will buy them with coins. An alternate way of obtaining those items would make it a free to play game.
    Out!
  • Homaru - Harshlands
    edited November 2009
    Dependos on what each of us understand of "Free to play". And concerning charms, orbs, sockets, etc, they were made as "VIP items" from beggining. Targeted to a market willing to pay freely for them.

The supply stash more like a "free trial". Get son cool thing and when the trial is over you're gonna need to pay if you wanna get the goodies it holds.

I think you are the one missing the point. If the ting is "Free to play", then why me or someone else need to pay for that?

Free stuff should be free. Paid stuff keep em' pay stuff. But more than anniv pack makin' you spend RL money on it is what is doing to the game balance: free & hard to get stuff is becoming easy-rto-get-with-money stuff.

I'm not againt paid stuff or the pack. What's gettin' on my nerves is thing are becoming unfair for people who doesn't wanna pay for it. Rite now farminf or matz or grinding for coins makes no difference. takes the same amount of time with current economy.

QFT

I was just pointing out that it wasn't just the boxes that required money
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Well, honestly, the third time the packs were added is what really did it for me. I said, ok, the packs were added a second time, fine... Decided that even if I didn't participate in the first event, I will in the second. I saw "packs will be available from the 13th of october to the 1st of november", I thought I might as well stand them for another 3 weeks, with all the 6xregular gold prices and other goodies they bring and make a buck on the side. But, when you remove them, then add them again after 2 days, no warnings, no flash no bang, I have to wonder if it's not JUST a way to squeeze as much as possible from a suffocating business or something.
    This third addition to the cash shop of the packs made me consider quitting the game for good for the first time. I am not one of the players that play for free, but I am adamant about the fact that this game is close to impossible to be played for free, or maybe it could be turned into a sort of "master-slave" game with some sort of success. Cash shop users could use the free players as slaves were used in past times, they could use them as lab-rats. One cash shop user could fight 20 free players and come out vctorious.
    I'm sorry if this sounds like "flaming", but with this sort of behaviour from the devs/GM's, the game is being ruined for a lot of people. I have heard very very few people say they are happy with this anu pack stuff. i am one of the unhappy ones.
    At least other games are stated to be "pay for play", whereas this game is sort of trying to force you to pay, even though it says it's free. make it a demo or something.
    Out!

They said till november with no precise date and spoons said that it was an error for the packs to have been taked out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Of course it was an error! pwi stopped making money! Even thought we're playing a "free to play" game.

Well Duh. PWI isn't a charity, it has to pay the bills for the freeloaders to continue playing for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Well Duh. PWI isn't a charity, it has to pay the bills for the freeloaders to continue playing for free.

True >.>

But it would be cool that there wasnt endgame weapons and too strong stuffs in the packs...

And the anniversary month is over for over a month already -.-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    True >.>

But it would be cool that there wasnt endgame weapons and too strong stuffs in the packs...

And the anniversary month is over for over a month already -.-'

I can't say I disagree that the continued sale of the packs is silly from our perspective, but from the PWI's profit margin it makes sense. If it didn't have such currently highly desired items it wouldn't have sold very well and we wouldn't still be discussing this months after the anniversary. From what we've seen though the Tideborn expansion is bringing even higher level gear which will make these currently highly desired items less desirable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    I can't say I disagree that the continued sale of the packs is silly from our perspective, but from the PWI's profit margin it makes sense. If it didn't have such currently highly desired items it wouldn't have sold very well and we wouldn't still be discussing this months after the anniversary. From what we've seen though the Tideborn expansion is bringing even higher level gear which will make these currently highly desired items less desirable.

If thats the case...

I Lol at those that spend thousand of dollars on those packs for the gears XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opietaylor
    opietaylor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009

LOL, it's an F2P game... i.e. the "freeloaders" are the supposed intended audience :-P

Just thought that was a funny comment.
    edited November 2009

Ok I did misunderstand you, I thought you arguement had logic my bad.

Free stuff should be free. Paid stuff keep em' pay stuff

So you dont want access to any CS items, no charms, no orbs, no fashion etc etc etc with ingame coin ?

What's gettin' on my nerves is thing are becoming unfair for people who doesn't wanna pay for it

So as you put it "pay stuff keep em' pay stuff" and not allowing players who dont want to spend a dime on PW access to charms etc with ingame coin is not unfair ?
  • blissage
    blissage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    anni packs go away >:O :D
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    opietaylor wrote: »
    LOL, it's an F2P game... i.e. the "freeloaders" are the supposed intended audience :-P

Just thought that was a funny comment.

No, they aren't. The target audience for the entire F2P (or micro-transaction) market is people who try it for a while for free and then start paying for items, or invite friends who will start paying. People who never pay anything are allowed and welcome to play but that's not who the target audience is. What all "Forever" F2P games (as opposed to the F2P that goes to a subscription model) use as their technique is the same as this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freebie_marketing If everyone played completely for free this game would shut down quick.

And yes F2P games are often times more profitable than Subscription games because of their cash shops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    blissage wrote: »
    anni packs go away >:O :D

Nice try b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opietaylor
    opietaylor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    No, they aren't. The target audience for the entire F2P (or micro-transaction) market is people who try it for a while for free and then start paying for items, or invite friends who will start paying. People who never pay anything are allowed and welcome to play but that's not who the target audience is. What all "Forever" F2P games (as opposed to the F2P that goes to a subscription model) use as their technique is the same as this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freebie_marketing If everyone played completely for free this game would shut down quick.

And yes F2P games are often times more profitable than Subscription games because of their cash shops.

Hahaha... I know how businesses work and I know that it wouldn't work if no one paid. F2P games are often times more profitable too because there is not set limit to what can be spent and there is also no monthly commitment so people don't have a "bottom line" to look at... it all makes sense.

However, the only reason I made a comment is because you termed them "freeloaders"... now, a freeloader is someone who takes advantage of a system without having paid for it. This term comes into play for such businesses as Lighthouses and the like, that provide a blanket service but aren't always able to collect from everyone who benefits from said service. They may collect from the ocean liners that use them and board at the harbor, but not from everyone that uses it.

THAT is the definition of a "freeloader"... this example within PWI is not even close to a "freeloader" at all lol.
This discussion has been closed.