Genie resets gone.. where was the warning?

Comments

• Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    -______-

doublepost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    all I Gotta Say, Is "wow... Fail."

Don't Give Us Some Cash Shop ****. Give Us Something That Anyone, And Everyone Can Enjoy.

+10000000000000
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited October 2009
    +10000000000000

That's like... over NINE THOUSAND!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    That's like... over NINE THOUSAND!!

/facepalm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
    edited October 2009
    So nothing huh? No responds, no answers, no explanation. You heard us "loud and clear" but we can't even get an answer on what happened, not to mention some sort of compensation? Was it that bad that you can't pass it on to us?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• urbandetox
    urbandetox Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Bump...

Hey spoon, any response?
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    Enzio - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    What changed on the genies?
    Why is the Rum gone? TELL ME NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUb:angry
  • Angel__sora - Sanctuary
    Angel__sora - Sanctuary Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There were resets? b:question
    One man's pain is another man's lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    urbandetox wrote: »
    bump...

Hey Spoon, Any Response?

stop Necro'ing Threads You Noobs
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009

1. The last post was from October 22nd. Not a necro.

2. A GM promised to reply to this thread and neglected to do so. His attention should be brought to the thread again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1. The last post was from October 22nd. Not a necro.

2. A GM promised to reply to this thread and neglected to do so. His attention should be brought to the thread again.

no faced posters = necro'ers in my books b:chuckle
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited October 2009

i really dont understand why this pisses so many people off or why they lock necro'd threads. did it ever cross anybody's mind that perhaps someone actually has something more to say on the subject? *gasp*
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    boo4u wrote: »
    this thread was stupid from the start...

no it wasnt. they changed the entire genie structure, and announced free resets, and never gave a warning that they were limited time only. there are quite a lot of people who never went to pick it up, assuming that it'd still be there when they were ready. i for one didnt go and get mine because i hadnt planned exactly how i was going to use them, and i had virtually no virtual space to store them. so i missed out. and i still could use my resets.
  • basscross
    basscross Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    yeah i for one also missed out as there was no warning at all that it would be taken out. i was waiting to research how to rebuild my genie but then later realized they took it out and i didnt find that fair considering there was no notice it was a limited time quest as it was said it was only a one time quest
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    no faced posters = necro'ers in my books b:chuckle

Well then you need to rewrite your book according to the word of the mighty andracil, locker of necros. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited November 2009
    Thank god someone else cares about this as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bryanshrimp - Lost City
    Bryanshrimp - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    feel the same.. I got them on my main, but i thought they were permanent so I was going to wait till i hit 80 to get them on this character... shame..

and agreed it is still relevent since this post wsa never answered.
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    glad they didn't touch what I was building for..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • urbandetox
    edited November 2009
    Bump...

10chars
  • urbandetox
    edited November 2009
    Bump...

10chars

Oh, before anyone bother to complain about a bump with size 100 fonts:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3711241&postcount=36
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Bump...

10chars
    Oh, before anyone bother to complain about a bump with size 100 fonts:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3711241&postcount=36

Double Post~! b:shocked
    lolhat.jpg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • urbandetox
    edited November 2009
    I forgot about the edit button... b:cry
  • SATII - Lost City
    SATII - Lost City Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    oh wow so that's why i couldnt get the quest... this is really ****... i now have 2 useless genies, a lv70 and lv59 which cost me an insane amount of spirit. i cant believe i was thinking about playing this game and spending money on it again. the game is still run by money grubbing people that dont respond at all to the customers
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This is something that should have been left to run at the very least one whole month. Not one crappy week. Not everyone gets on this game once a week, or once every two weeks to check in, some go on vacation, buisness trips, hospital runs, moving, lost internet or power, there are many things other than just two bank slots and planning that have kept and do keep people from seizing their opportunity to set something straight that is not their fault.

This issue could have been avoided by making it a one time perm-quest to the game, mailing everyone the items, where they could have sat and not taken up space, or last, but not least, left the ability to get the quest there longer.

In the time I've been playing the game PWI is raring and ready to make us pay for things, but all too eager to take away things that could cost them in the long run.

My genie on my main is still messed up, points and attributes are reset but skills are useless still. As soon as I saw the update that they had taken the resets out so soon I knew there would be at least a few hundred people who missed out. If it were me that would have BEEN the last straw. I almost quit when they miffed my genie in the first place.

I was there to get what I needed to fix half the problem, but I'm not going to sink to the level of an inconsiderate donkey's butt to say "2 bad u wernt their, thts ur problm. b:bye " Or any variation of it, I think PWI should leave the ability to fix this longer, especially since people are having problems with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This is something that should have been left to run at the very least one whole month. Not one crappy week. Not everyone gets on this game once a week, or once every two weeks to check in, some go on vacation, buisness trips, hospital runs, moving, lost internet or power, there are many things other than just two bank slots and planning that have kept and do keep people from seizing their opportunity to set something straight that is not their fault.

This issue could have been avoided by making it a one time perm-quest to the game, mailing everyone the items, where they could have sat and not taken up space, or last, but not least, left the ability to get the quest there longer.

In the time I've been playing the game PWI is raring and ready to make us pay for things, but all too eager to take away things that could cost them in the long run.

My genie on my main is still messed up, points and attributes are reset but skills are useless still. As soon as I saw the update that they had taken the resets out so soon I knew there would be at least a few hundred people who missed out. If it were me that would have BEEN the last straw. I almost quit when they miffed my genie in the first place.

I was there to get what I needed to fix half the problem, but I'm not going to sink to the level of an inconsiderate donkey's butt to say "2 bad u wernt their, thts ur problm. b:bye " Or any variation of it, I think PWI should leave the ability to fix this longer, especially since people are having problems with it.

TRY to keep this polite...we're still waiting, and we dont want this thread to go dead/locked

btw im one of those who didnt get the quest from the start cuz of the 2 item that would have burned 2 slot which i needed...

so i hope the quest to be back again once per character b:thanks

LIL TIP for storage when ur out of slots:

put the item ull use less (or u wanna save 4 later use) into auction with OVERKILLING price (like 10mil each) and set the timer to lowest time.

then just w8 for the time to end. now u should have an E-MAIL in ur box.

just read it BUT DONT RETRIVE THE ITEM FROM THE MAIL

now the mail WONT be cancelled until u get the item it holds b:victory

this will keep the item into ur mail box for all the time u want, this is doable only with AH items
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    Retias - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Dude, simply post the item to your alt -.- less complicated...

Anyway for the genies, i didnt restated when the quest was available cause 1: My ToP was still working that week and 2: some people were complaining about their ToP not working anymore after restated. But after the quest was gone... my ToP on my main didnt work when i needed it and i almost died -.- wait, i think i did die... '>.>

In short, i had to unlvl my main's ToP and this char im posting with has a useless ToP till i need the place for another skill... and both the genies got too much magic points...b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    oh wow so that's why i couldnt get the quest... this is really ****... i now have 2 useless genies, a lv70 and lv59 which cost me an insane amount of spirit. i cant believe i was thinking about playing this game and spending money on it again. the game is still run by money grubbing people that dont respond at all to the customers

There is such thing as the customer being wrong.

I got the quest done on my alt but not on my main, since I was playing my alt when the quest came out, and than I had a trip, when I got back quest was gone. I would love if the GMs are kind enough to get the quest back, however, I accept that I was responsible to get the quest, and if the quest was taken out, it is within the rules I agree to everytime I log in (the ones on the TOS, that state that PWE has the right to make content changes without warning).

Meanwhile, I can just wait and see if the quest will be re-introduced.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Dude, simply post the item to your alt -.- less complicated...

b:sadb:tired i dont have alts...and making one just isnt enuf cuz ull have to send money too for send back the mail.

b:sleepthen ull have to change char every time u need to check/look 4 an item cuz u havent a faster way to get to it.

b:sinand maybe some1 can buy ur OVER PRICED herb (like happened to me) and gain 500k for roughtly less than 20low herbs.

so instead of just saving slot u make an UBER profit which even u could never think it might happens, and if some1 bought those means they were so urgent and now are happy too...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Retias - Sanctuary
    Retias - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:sadb:tired i dont have alts...and making one just isnt enuf cuz ull have to send money too for send back the mail.

b:sleepthen ull have to change char every time u need to check/look 4 an item cuz u havent a faster way to get to it.

b:sinand maybe some1 can buy ur OVER PRICED herb (like happened to me) and gain 500k for roughtly less than 20low herbs.

so instead of just saving slot u make an UBER profit which even u could never think it might happens, and if some1 bought those means they were so urgent and now are happy too...

O.O youve got to be kidding!

Someone actually bought your overpriced stuffs O.O

LOL no way XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    O.O youve got to be kidding!

Someone actually bought your overpriced stuffs O.O

LOL no way XD

yeah b:laughb:chuckleb:victory

and that made me so happy cuz i bought perfect iron hammer with that trick (when they were less that 500kb:bye)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

>RETIRED<
This discussion has been closed.