Genie resets gone.. where was the warning?

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I have to lock this due to the blatant flaming.b:shocked

Look folks, I had no idea this was going in, or I would have warned you. I'm going to look into this and see if there is anything we can do.
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    "The Watcher of the Earth no longer offers a quest for free Genie reset items."

But I never got a chance to get my points thing in the first place! Did the patch from last week say this was going to be a limited time thing. I wanted to wait until I decided on a 4th skill, and I was planning on doing this shortly, BUT NOW SINCE THEY RESET IT! NO FREE POINTS FOR MEE!!!

NO FAIR!!!! Q_Q!!!!
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    As I said in the flamed thread, I'm looking into this to see what's going on. Try not to panic b:shocked b:victory
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    you go girl freind :D
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thanks, Spoons. I don't think any of us are angry at you, or the GMs in general. I think we all appreciate any help you can give us in this matter.
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    *Takes deep breath!*

Okay, Okay, sorry spoons. *Sigh*

I just really panicked and ran to the new thread. I just saw the thread started and locked about this issue though after I scrolled down. Hopefully the GMs can work something out. >.<

THank yoUSZZZ.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Thanks, Spoons. I don't think any of us are angry at you, or the GMs in general. I think we all appreciate any help you can give us in this matter.

^ i second this ^

GMs, ya'll are doing a great job b:victory

and let me extend my personal thx for this uber-patch of bug-fixing goodness b:dirty

those skill animation sync problems were starting to drive me nuts b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Marshmallows - Dreamweaver
    Marshmallows - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    All I'm hoping for is an explaination soon as to why we didn't get a warning at least. I had assumed that we could get the items once per character...period. If I had known there was a time limit I would have gotten them all right away, even if they would be wasting inventory space for a while. Thanks for looking into this spoons... I hope you can give us info soon on what's going on
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    GMs, ya'll are doing a great job b:victory
    Well, Spoon at least is doing a great job...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    I'm merging the two topics and reopening this, because I feel like it is an issue that is important to the community.

A few things:

-Please stay within the forum rules.
    -Try to keep your feedback constructive.
    -Don't flame! I don't want to lock this topic because I want to see your responses to it b:victory
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Alrrright.. I try to keep this constructive as possible.
    Suggestion: People who decide these big updates should use a little more common sense. They can ask: Does the community really need/want this?
    Another suggestion: Many people are checking main page and/or forum general discussion-section so it should relatively easy to see what peope want.. So polls concidering updates would be great.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The warning has been there since you created your account. And it is there everytime you log in and accept the TOS.

http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

I know it is not what you wanted to read, but the truths is, they have the right to remove any content they want without telling us first, and we all agree to that everytime we log in.

Next time, grab all the offers as soon as they come out.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'll do constructive. There was really only one thing needed to avoid this entire problem. A wee bit of warning. Had we known they were temporary, we could have dealt with it. We wouldn't even be having this conversation if we had known. I doubt many people would have complained about it being a temporary quest, and we'd probably have grabbed it and been done with it. It could have been mentioned when the quest was implemented, or as an in-game announcement, or in the forums when you warned us all that maintenance had been postponed. I know this wasn't your fault, as you have said you were unaware, but I'm thinking a little communication is in order for all of us. Nobody told you, so you didn't tell us, and we started our day in Perfect World with a giant WTF. We understand that there is a lot of secrecy in this game, as you aren't allowed to spoil us with any details, but at the same time, a little prior disclosure never killed anyone.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    I'm asking around to see what we can get done, don't lose hope, I am relatively convincing b:victory In the meantime thanks for keeping the posts civil!
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    I'm asking around to see what we can get done, don't lose hope, I am relatively convincing b:victory In the meantime thanks for keeping the posts civil!

Use the hypnosis!b:chuckle
  • eatwithspoons
    edited September 2009
    Use the hypnosis!b:chuckle

you are feeling your body becoming heavy

yes... good...

you are feeling an extraordinary need to drive to the store, and buy me cereal and milk.

DO IT

wait... you didn't mean on you huh? I
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    you are feeling your body becoming heavy

yes... good...

you are feeling an extraordinary need to drive to the store, and buy me cereal and milk.

DO IT

wait... you didn't mean on you huh? I

No, I didin't mean but I already bought cookies.b:cute
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i too had no idea that this was something that was gonna expire. i didnt even go and get mine yet, so i guess now i cant get it at all. thats a load of bs. they should have just wiped everyones slate clean and re-issued the 1 time only first set of **** thing.
  • QTKyuubi - Sanctuary
    QTKyuubi - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2009

spoons champion of the underdog we are rooting for you b:thanks

Personally I only picked up resets for one of my mains, i have two, and left the other because I thought it was a permanent one time option for existing players to fix genie stats. If i knew it was only temporary I would have grabbed it sooner. Have to say with a change this big to genie skills something like this is really appreciated, however when something like this is offered and taken away with out warning one can't help but feel a little side swiped. Also from a PR perspective with the amount of QQ about cash shop push, forcing players to buy the fix to skills that were nerfed after our careful planning isn't going to win any love.

I'm not overly up set, I'm hard to actually upset over a game (juz don't delete me or i go crazy you tube style. k? b:chuckle j/k), but in the end keeping customers happy is all about give and take. Give a little notice than take back when you need to if you must but don't forget to give b:cute Things like this always less painful when we have some time to prepare, sure you get the qq's a little earlier but in the end at least people are kept in the loop along the way instead of having things sprung on them, which i think is what's really been upsetting people more.

Anyway good luck spoons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mascot of Apocalyps b:cute
    Eldergoths FTW Go Mojo Go
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i want those golden spoons ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    OK, weel I picked up the quest and got the items but I haven't reset my genie yet. I hope those are in the bank. So I'm not really affected by it. But for ppl that got a whole genie messed up I can see why they are upset.
    Yes, true, TOU say they can add/remove content at any time, blah blah blah. Of course they can. They could close the servers the next minute the aniversary event will be over and go away with a pile of cash big enough to cover a continent from the idiots who thought that if they swipe the CC now will have a long lasting happy life in game. Could anyone sue them for that? NO. Cause every time you login u agree that they can **** you in every Kama Sutra way and a few hundred others.
    Now I don't want to discuss here what PWI can o cannot do. What I want to discuss here is the way they treat players. They don't try to make the game what a game should suppose to be: fun. They just take the players from one dissapointment to another.
    All the ppl I was talking to were happy when the server started, and everything was great after genie patch. Good PvE and PvP skills, you could holly path chain and make more of your ingame time. You could heal, you could do dmg ... basically genies were a nice way to compliment the gameplay. As one got higher in lvl so got the benefits from genies. Lucky points were more of a fashion thing than an efficient one. Not it makes the whole difference in the world. having 3 or 4 skills or 8 skills on the genie at my lvl is just such a huge advantage. 8 slots are 2 previous genies, u can have 4 skills for PvP 2 for PvE and 2 common ( ToP and Holly path). How can I match up with someone with such a genie when I have one with 4 slots? Yeah, u can only use one in PvP and then u need regen, but having 2 or 3 options or 6 option is a huuuuge difference...sheesh...anyway, I know no one will ever give a **** about this.
    Yes, genie now grows with you, but it's not the 10% advertised. My 27 veno has a 2x genie. I was at 26 when patch was released, I'm almost done with lvl 27 and genie is still at 21 or 22, hasn't lvled. Raising multiple genies to have one with good lucky points is just as hard as before, nothing new there.
    I wonder now what new ways of **** ppl aroud will PWI find? Honestly, I'm waiting for the next big thing.
    I was a CS shopper, but I stopped at this aniversary event. And I won't put 1$ in this game untill I see a change in attitude. In the mean time I'll play for free and try to give them as much headache as possible to have my money worth of pay going into salary for customer support workers.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I'm too lazy to read the entire thread, but since the orders and stone are untradeable, and since they can only be obtained once per character, why did they need to be removed in the first place? o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    LOLZ thats funny .
    if u havent picked up the quest u can still pick it up LAWLZ.

i picked mine up this morning LAWLZ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes, genie now grows with you, but it's not the 10% advertised. My 27 veno has a 2x genie. I was at 26 when patch was released, I'm almost done with lvl 27 and genie is still at 21 or 22, hasn't lvled. Raising multiple genies to have one with good lucky points is just as hard as before, nothing new there.

It's 10%, but it's still affected by infuse ratios. It's good for getting lower level genies a few levels but it's not enough on it's own for a genie to keep pace with you. Just look at it as saving you a little exp/spirit for one. Genies need 40% of the exp players do, but if equal level to the player, only gets 10% of the exp. It shouldn't be hard for you to see why it will still fall behind without infusing it.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Tis a new low.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You all QQ too much b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    didnt know such a thing went on :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    So eatwithspoons, were you able to find out any information you can give us about the resets disappearing?
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Any update on this yet spoons? I am a 89 barb, and my affinities are messed up, was waiting for someone to do some research on skills after the changes while I was on a bit of a haitus for work/school/life in general from the game, and now my level 88 genie (79/80 lucky points) is WORTHLESS because I dont have tree of protection...
  • I_missU - Dreamweaver
    I_missU - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    b:chuckle because faction mate want a genie i sell mine to him and use it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    QQ
    I got demon quickshot at last b:victoryb:thanks
This discussion has been closed.