Genie resets gone.. where was the warning?

Comments

• urbandetox
    urbandetox Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    When the genie skills got changed a while back, I had to use the reset to fix my genie. This time when it got changed again, I decided to wait until the skills are fully updated, so I didn't pick up the free resets yet!

I have no problem with PWI updating the skills or taking away quests/freebies, as long as it's communicated ahead of time. Just give us a warning first so we can pick them up! I'd greatly appreciate it if PWI can bring the resets back for a week for those of us who haven't gotten them yet!
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lol that was weird...I stumbled onto the watcher of the earth for no reason and got the gods of war.
    A second right after I got a sudden urge by my noob power to turn it into the watcher which I did. xD now I never do anything like that since I want to save inventory space but...
    yay me noob power was right again. I have the resets. xD
    (>.<)
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kotasha - Dreamweaver
    Kotasha - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    All I gotta say, is "Wow... Fail."

This ^^
    I didn't get the quest in time either for the same reasons why a lot of the ppl on this thread didn't, and I AM NOT going to spend money in cash shop for resets.
    <--- Is peeved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Sorry if my last post came across as rude. But spoons' request for feedback and agreements/disagreements on such one-sided subject was... frustrating to say the least.

I'm not sure if GM's work on weekends, but... any words on this yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • BladesFury - Heavens Tear
    BladesFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    while we cannot dictate what PWI will do in the next maintence / patch, but i think there is a general concensus from the game community that we would like to be informed of such abrupt changes.

Yea sure, you can have a surprice update every now and then to keep things spiced up. But removing free genie resets is really a huge matter. People have spent money trying to get a lp 61+ genie and customized it to aid them.

When PW decides to change the attributes to majority of the genie skill systems, i think it is logical for everyone to have a free genie reset.
    Like what most of them said, we waited to see if there are further changes made and poof, our genie is stuck with an unusuable skill now.
  • Jamri - Heavens Tear
    Jamri - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just wondering if there was any news on this yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    More posting feedback about this! Keep it civil but I want to see you post at least once in here if you agree or disagree b:victory

I agree. Please bring back the quest.
    I like pie
    edited September 2009
    Sooo.... It's been almost a week, does any GM have anything to tell us?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Still waiting on a response, have your friends post here if they haven't already b:victory
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yep, bring them back for ONE MORE WEEK, WITH THE WARNING. At least then we'll know that we should run to the watcher and get it over and done with until the next patch.

Here here!
  • Alerean - Heavens Tear
    Alerean - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    A point I'm not sure anybody has brought up, but the free stones were removed from the game before the changes to the tooltips were even completed. Many people were waiting for those to be changed because its a lot of work to try and coordinate the changes from the list on the forums with inaccurate tooltips in game.

Suffice to say, as pretty much everyone else agrees, temporary is ok, just actually say somewhere that it is so that people can plan in advance.
    b:thanks
  • Mirabeth - Sanctuary
    Mirabeth - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Just chiming in, I think there should have been a warning as well, and that this should be brought back. I did do the quest on both my alts, but it wasn't fair to others who had no warning whatsoever that the quest was going to be taken out. If you guys wanted the quest to be limited time, bring it back and put that in the text and warn people. It's really quite simple to do that. You've done it before with other events, so I know you can do it for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Skybelle for the wonderful sig

Where did you go, where did you go? How did you know to get out of a world gone mad? Help me let go of the chaos around me, the devil that hounds me. I need you to tell me "Child be still". If the darkest hour comes before the light, where is the light?
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    While they didn't specify a time limit. You think you could display a little common sense please?

What if they left it, then there would be free major resets like people get free genies by making new characters? Which means lost money for pwi. I mean common, don't need to pass kiddy garden for that one. It was clearly ment to be a temporary offer. You had a whole week to fix your genie. It obviously wasn't messed up enough for you to take up the offer immediately. More than likely why they pushed back the maintenance day to Wednesday again to give a full 7 days for the people rarely on.
  • Fyrelyte - Sanctuary
    Fyrelyte - Sanctuary Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    More posting feedback about this! Keep it civil but I want to see you post at least once in here if you agree or disagree b:victory

I disagree with the decision to remove the quest without any kind of warning. Everything that Isala had posted... I QFT (just don't want to actually quote it due to length >.>).

I agree with several other players who have said to bring back the quests, with a one week extension time, giving us fair warning this time.

And, in closing, as Isala also pointed out, hoping to see some Halloween themed in-game events. b:thanks
    "My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."
    -Neurosis

"An interesting concept. Perhaps we should ask an archer. They seem to be the math wizs here."
    -SaberArturia
    Quoted for truth. b:victory
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    While they didn't specify a time limit. You think you could display a little common sense please?

What if they left it, then there would be free major resets like people get free genies by making new characters? Which means lost money for pwi. I mean common, don't need to pass kiddy garden for that one.
    If that's what they were afraid of, the simpler way to do it would have been to limit the quest to something like level 20 or higher. Would've taken all of 5 seconds editing one of the variables for the quest in the code.
    It was clearly ment to be a temporary offer. You had a whole week to fix your genie.
    It was not at all obvious that it was a temporary offer. I had assumed they had coded it The Right Way, and had put in the quest with the completion flag defaulting to completed, then for all the existing characters in the database set the flag to not-completed. That way any new characters would never get the quest, and any existing characters could do the quest and get the item once at any point in the future.
    It obviously wasn't messed up enough for you to take up the offer immediately.
    The vast majority of people I know were waiting for the numerous errors in the new genie skill descriptions to be fixed first. Since the items take up precious inventory or bank space, there was no need to take the quest until you knew what new skills you wanted and were ready to re-spec. Without the proper descriptions, all you'd be doing by using the reset was turning a partially-functional genie into a completely non-functional genie with no clue as to what new skills you were going to put on it.
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I grabbed the resets even though my genie didn't need any changes post-patch. Extreme Poison and Holy Path aren't as good as before, but both still work. I have the stones and orders in my bank in case I need them, but I think it's only fair that everyone gets a chance to get the resets. If I'd needed to make changes, I probably would have waited too.

So add my vote to bringing the resets back for a week.
    edited September 2009
    What if they left it, then there would be free major resets like people get free genies by making new characters? Which means lost money for pwi. I mean common, don't need to pass kiddy garden for that one.

They are not tradeable... Glad I passed "kiddy garden" so I understood "none-tradeable".

It obviously wasn't messed up enough for you to take up the offer immediately.

Did you even know that the text on the genie skills were incorrect? Did you have fun resetting your genie according to incorrect skill descriptions?
    More than likely why they pushed back the maintenance day to Wednesday again to give a full 7 days for the people rarely on.

I see zero logic in this. If people didn't KNOW that the resets will be gone, they can push back the maint for an entire week and people will still be waiting on text correction before taking the resets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited September 2009

What if they left it, then there would be free major resets like people get free genies by making new characters? Which means lost money for pwi. I mean common, don't need to pass kiddy garden for that one. It was clearly ment to be a temporary offer. You had a whole week to fix your genie. It obviously wasn't messed up enough for you to take up the offer immediately. More than likely why they pushed back the maintenance day to Wednesday again to give a full 7 days for the people rarely on.

Thing about the "Free major resets" I have to point out. They're not able to be traded. Meaning no swapping, mailing, or any other way to move them to another character. HOWEVER, that being said, you could trade your genie to said character, but a noob character will get the bare minimum of the resets.

And, like many of us said, the descriptions weren't right, and some of them still aren't fixed, even after the quest has disappeared.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Why can't the items just be transferred to everyone's account when they log in? Other mmo's manage it just fine. If they're that bothered with a little loss on cash shop genie resets, why the heck do they sell overpriced mats and worthless hammers?

Anyways, on topic, a warning on the event ending, including a system announcement and the quest appearing in find-quest for the duration, would be nice.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well i submitted a ticket about 10 mins after the servers came up and i found out i couldnt pick them up.. no response, so I guess I gotta post here.. I'd love to get my resets that i didnt pick up b/c space and was not warned it was temporary. Already discussed but figured i'd throw my vote in there.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • MiniFreak - Heavens Tear
    MiniFreak - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ok seriously.. what gives?

Taken from the patch notes here.

"The Watcher of the Earth no longer offers a quest for free Genie reset items."

Where was the warning that the resets were only available for a week? I can't speak for anyone else, but I was thinking over what skills/attributes I wanted for my level 90, 4th evo genie and hadn't yet picked up the quest or the resets for it.

Do the good people at PWI not understand that a large number of people who play MMORPGS like to take time to research builds/skills before commiting themselves to making changes? Don't they read their own forums?

We were not told that the quest/s would be gone in the maintenance today. Even if it was reasonable to assume the resets would not be permanent, I for one did not think we'd only have a week before the resets were gone.

If you think I'm going to buy gold to reset 50 points of magic and some vit, think again. This is completely unacceptable. There was no hint of this. The fact that the resets were only available for a very short period of time should have been stated on the 188 patch notes here.

In fact it states..

"Due to these changes and the following list of Genie Skill changes, the Watcher of the Earth will offer free Stone of Refreshment and Origination Orders to re-spec your Genie. Please note that this quest is only available once per character."

Now that to me does not suggest any hint of a time limit.

I am very angry and request that the resets be made available for another week, this time stating that they will be removed at the following maintenance. That at least would be fair. Come on.. where is the communication?

I hate to sound cold, but regardless of research or not, the quest was there to get. It took me a whole 20 seconds or less to get what was offered, then store them until I could also do my own research & use them wisely. We all know how PWI likes to "subtly" **** us so you should have taken the 20 seconds to get the resets & the stone like most of us (and I) did when we learned they were available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alt: MiniFreak (bm) - Retired till further notice or till PWI gets their heads outta their arses when it comes to coinage.
    Main: MiniDusk (veno) - Married to the man I love. b:heart b:kiss
  • turdburglary
    turdburglary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ok so new patch, no mention of genie stuff... spoons, kanto, etc.. when should we bug u fine folks again for some info?
    edited October 2009
    b:cold

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Oh look, absolutely nothing in regards to the genie complaint. Oh wait, it wasn't cash shop, therefore nothing was done about it. Well, not like I was expecting any better from the PWI team, especially when it has them losing money.

I predict a genie related sale in the near future, it's what they would do of course.

I hate being so sarcastic and rash, and I want to install some more hope into this game, but this is turning out to be a little hard. Well...about the only thing I'm looking forward to is the decrease is gold prices. The T.E scroll sale wont do much to shift gold, so...there might be time just yet. -.-

*Sigh...*
  • Eriestrength - Sanctuary
    Eriestrength - Sanctuary Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    QQ cuz you missed ur chance at free orders and a reset stone?

*high five* you are a whiner.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    QQ cuz you missed ur chance at free orders and a reset stone?

*high five* you are a whiner.

You read the entire thread got only that out of it? In that case, I'm not even going to bother explaining the real point here, as it'd probably be a waste of time.

*high five* you are a person who jumps to wrong conclusions.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    ok so new patch, no mention of genie stuff... spoons, kanto, etc.. when should we bug u fine folks again for some info?

Never. PWI's admins wants us to buy those in the cash shop now. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • sniperguy
    sniperguy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Moar time.
  • Zadness - Heavens Tear
    Zadness - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i donno if some one else has say this, i didnt read the whole thread word by word, but that quest, i think was easily abused giving to the players lots of free resets, the ones are at the boutique also, so, i really doubt the quest will be back, so to the ppl who didnt abuse the quest on time... to bad ~_~
    - Burning Hell, Burning Rage -
  • urbandetox
    urbandetox Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Any updates on this? Please bring it back for a few days!
This discussion has been closed.