Genie resets gone.. where was the warning?

Options

Comments

• urbandetox
    urbandetox Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Any updates on this? Please bring it back for a few days!
  • Albester - Sanctuary
    Albester - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I too didnt pick up due to lack of space in inventory and was not warned it was temporary. This should be corrected. Good luck spoons...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So, they give people a chance at 10-12 dollar of free stuff per character and people are complaning when they remove it?

It was something free, if you did not get it... tough on you (and I only got it on one of my characters, so it is not like it did not affect me)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So, they give people a chance at 10-12 dollar of free stuff per character and people are complaning when they remove it?

It was something free, if you did not get it... tough on you (and I only got it on one of my characters, so it is not like it did not affect me)

It wasn't just free stuff like an-anniversary-mount-free-stuff. They were giving them out in the first place because the game was changed... what worked before didn't anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    It wasn't just free stuff like an-anniversary-mount-free-stuff. They were giving them out in the first place because the game was changed... what worked before didn't anymore.

exactly, if there was a warning about this being temporary, I'd have picked it up and left it in the bank... but being that I'm tight on space... and had no clue the quest was temporary.. I just let it sit there a bit. It's like the government saying everyone gets a free 10 gallons of gas b/c they screwed something up, then you wait till your tank is empty and u need your gas and they lol at you because you didn't pick it up in time, without telling you there was a time limit. Then ignore you.. (I submitted a ticket over a week ago and still no response) I've put a little money into the game, usually support the events/sales and such.. but this is just lame.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options

Read the TOS.
    They do not have to do anything for us when they make content changes.....

PWE was being nice about it. Next time they make a change, they will just post it on patch notes no even bother to do anything nice, since people will complain no matter what.

If people would like another chance, than people can ask nicely, without complaining.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Read the TOS.
    They do not have to do anything for us when they make content changes.....

PWE was being nice about it. Next time they make a change, they will just post it on patch notes no even bother to do anything nice, since people will complain no matter what.

If people would like another chance, than people can ask nicely, without complaining.

We are the customers (assuming you cash shop at all) and I put money in when I'm happy with the game, and when they pull stuff like this... I'll just keep my money. So no they don't "have" to do anything for us when they make content changes, but if they want my money they will.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    We are the customers (assuming you cash shop at all) and I put money in when I'm happy with the game, and when they pull stuff like this... I'll just keep my money. So no they don't "have" to do anything for us when they make content changes, but if they want my money they will.

So, what is the difference if next time they don't even bother to try to be nice, since, as you so well said, you will keep you money anyway.

It would had been easier for them to just not do anything nice, since you would be upset and complain no matter what and keep your money anyway.
  • Vylauri - Heavens Tear
    Vylauri - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So, what is the difference if next time they don't even bother to try to be nice, since, as you so well said, you will keep you money anyway.

It would had been easier for them to just not do anything nice, since you would be upset and complain no matter what and keep your money anyway.

Sorry I did a little edit on your post. I notice you like to use that word a lot. People have a right to complain when there is a change made to the game. Especially if they had put their money and their effort into making that genie perfect for what they needed. Now it has been taken away due to a patch and without warning they also took the resets away.

No they don't have to do this due to their TOS. But if they want to keep making money off the customers they have to put a bit of effort to make them happy. If they are not happy then they will not spend their money. And the best way for them to know if they are happy or not regarding something is if they "complain" right? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sorry I did a little edit on your post. I notice you like to use that word a lot. People have a right to complain when there is a change made to the game. Especially if they had put their money and their effort into making that genie perfect for what they needed. Now it has been taken away due to a patch and without warning they also took the resets away.

No they don't have to do this due to their TOS. But if they want to keep making money off the customers they have to put a bit of effort to make them happy. If they are not happy then they will not spend their money. And the best way for them to know if they are happy or not regarding something is if they "complain" right? b:chuckle

I may like to use the word alot to describe what people are doing on this thread, buy others seem to like to exercise it. Like for example you and your whinning thread about prices of mats where you go on about overpriced mats and than say you do not have the patient to farm them yourself, so you just want cheap mats anyway.

This change affected me as well, and I am a paying customer. I am not complaining. There are other options rather than complain in the forums, in case you do not know. You can submit a ticket and wait for an answer, you can start a poll to show support for your idea, and you have the option to keep it positive.

Actualy, the best way for them to know if people are spending their money (according to your logic), is for them to check the bank account. The forums represent a very very small fraction of the people that play this game, we just happen to be very vocal. However, people complaining in the forums may or may not represent an increase of decrease in gold being bought with cash. The only way for them to evaluate that impact is to look at their bank account, if it is still going up, than they are still ok.
  • Vylauri - Heavens Tear
    Vylauri - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I may like to use the word alot to describe what people are doing on this thread, buy others seem to like to exercise it. Like for example you and your whinning thread about prices of mats where you go on about overpriced mats and than say you do not have the patient to farm them yourself, so you just want cheap mats.

From what I can see you exercise it by "complaining" about the "complainers".

Since you went ahead and brought it up just wanted to add that I didn't say I wanted Cheap/Free mats. That's not fair to the people who spend time to get it. I understand people who sell their mats at 5k or 6k depending on the item. But I was pointing out specifically that someone was selling Leather at 20k each in a catshop. That is the only thing I was "complaining" about.

I already bought the other mats I needed at set prices of 5k. I also did not "complain" about them. I was simply refering that the person selling Leather at 20k each is silly. Would you buy Leather at this price? I wouldn't, even if it was the only shop selling it.

On Topic:
    Sure they have other ways to look how much people are charging their credit cards. Again due to their TOS they don't have to warn or tell anyone about a change about to be made. But since they are the providers and we are the customers it is usually the provider that tries to make the customer happy so they keep spending their money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options

u really couldnt figure out my post?

I pay into the game when I'm happy with it. When I feel I was wronged by the game, I would expect something to be done about it, or at the very least, not ignored. When nothing is done, i get unhappy and choose to not pay in until im happy again (release something I like, fix what made me unhappy, or maybe after a while I forget and move on) Its pretty obvious what happened wasnt fair to people that hadnt picked it up yet, and if u hadnt picked it up on your main, you'd be unhappy too. And to expect others to pick it up in a week without knowing it was temporary is unreasonable(there are space issues, and the genie skill descriptions were not changed yet, I was in no rush to pick it up.. i figured when the skills were updated id restat my genie.. and didnt want the resets taking up my valuable bank space for a week+). but anyway, there is no way im going to put money in my next scheduled charge if nothing has been done about this. So what you should take from this is that im not going to pay in my next charge (subject to change) and continue at a later date (undecided) but it would be in their interests to keep me/other customers happy for future charges.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Still waiting on a response, have your friends post here if they haven't already b:victory

That pigeon is slacking off while delivering that letter to China b:angry. Maybe the ocean storm got to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kaldeen - Sanctuary
    Kaldeen - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Fyi for those that do not know, you get a Stone of Refreshment at level 80 from the watcher.
    Kaldeen- Sanctuary
    Faction: Tides
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Fyi for those that do not know, you get a Stone of Refreshment at level 80 from the watcher.

Yes, I used that to reset my genie for the changes before this one to get Balance b:surrender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yes, I used that to reset my genie for the changes before this one to get Balance b:surrender.

:P i still have both...would sell them to save space in my inv but -.- not tradeable...
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Kaldeen - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    :P i still have both...would sell them to save space in my inv but -.- not tradeable...

Only 4 serious options left.
    1) fork the money to get the Stone of refreshment from the CS
    2) get a best luck token and get the Stone of refreshmetn
    3) raise a new genie
    4) find someone selling an unallocated genie of the same level, expect that they will charge an arm and a leg
    Kaldeen- Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1) fork the money to get the Stone of refreshment from the CS
    2) get a best luck token and get the Stone of refreshmetn
    3) raise a new genie
    4) find someone selling an unallocated genie of the same level, expect that they will charge an arm and a leg

That seems to be the case, but I would at least like an explanation about this oop-sorry-you-are-f-ed move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kaldeen - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That seems to be the case, but I would at least like an explanation about this oop-sorry-you-are-f-ed move.

Good luck. b:laugh
    Kaldeen- Sanctuary
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1) fork out a lot of money
    2) fork out a lot of money
    3) start out entirely from scratch again
    4) fork out a lot of money

Of course, if you were one of the lucky ones who decided to rush out and re-upgrade at once, you get the lot absolutely free. On the other hand, if you decided to plan things out or wait until the patch notes fixed all text errors before deciding, you pay the price.

Not exactly fair. All we're asking here is that we should have had a warning.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Of course, if you were one of the lucky ones who decided to rush out and re-upgrade at once, you get the lot absolutely free. On the other hand, if you decided to plan things out or wait until the patch notes fixed all text errors before deciding, you pay the price.

Not exactly fair. All we're asking here is that we should have had a warning.

Although I agree that they shouldn't have been removed, no need to insult the people that DID get it. b:surrender I took mine, but didn't use them. I thought about waiting to see if I leveled once first I would get the highest amount, then decided not to...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Skimming through the entire thread, one of the things that strike me as a "point" from the "too bad you didn't get it people", is that we didn't get a free item in time before it was pulled.

When I got my genie first time, I was happy with it. Fed it tons of exp and precious spirit that I had otherwise saved up for my 79 skills, and managed to get it up to my level with such hard work. Heck, I was grinding on the Snake Island Race to accumulate spirit enough to level my genie.

At level 80, I realised that my genie wasn't anywhere near as good as it could be. So, costing me about $40 in total, I bought refreshment stone and origination orders, and respecced my genie. For me, it was suddenly perfect.

But lo and behold - the genie changes come with no warning. And all of a sudden, my carefully created, respecced and EXPENSIVE genie is... useless. Utterly and purely useless.

But hey! Look, we get free resets! Awesome, but the changes of genies probably isn't finished - seeing as the Rising Tide is coming soon and all, so we might see more genie skills added and more balancing and more fixing and such... So better not take those reimbursement items - just so I don't have to go through paying another $40 to change my genie once again. Especially with the sudden change that skill slots no longer depends on lucky points.

A week passes, eager awaiting of the patch with possible final genie changes (as heralded in the last patch note)... And - no more items to help change my genie back into something useful.

It's like getting a check from the goverment on a carpenter and architects to rebuild your leased house, because the goverment accidentally tore down your leased house. And then getting told that the check was voided a week after when the carpenters and architects came back from holiday and you could get in touch with them, and sorry, no refunds?
  • Zeramir - Lost City
    Zeramir - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What about those of us who have two genies? I have one genie I use for rebirths (and now tree of protect is unusable) and I have a genie I use for PvP.
    I'd have loved the opportunity to reset the both of them when they both undergo complete changes from a game path. But now I guess I'll just wait until they change the skills again to fix my PvP genie b:victory (Need more rebirth! Undine Strike!)
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Although I agree that they shouldn't have been removed, no need to insult the people that DID get it. b:surrender I took mine, but didn't use them. I thought about waiting to see if I leveled once first I would get the highest amount, then decided not to...

Sorry lol, didn't mean it like that. I actually got mine right away too.

What I meant was some people decided to wait, either for corrections in text errors, to save inventory space, or to plan and think about a decent moveset and they got punished for it without any warning.
  • Eriosu - Heavens Tear
    Eriosu - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Gold and spirit sink. The genies were never nothing more than that. I regret spending anything on mine now, though.

EDIT: er, meant coins.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i thought it was gonna go sooner or l8r because thatd kinda defeat the purpose of the genie items in the cash shop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i thought it was gonna go sooner or l8r because thatd kinda defeat the purpose of the genie items in the cash shop

it was a one time grab... fix your messed up genie... then if you wanted to change it again, you'd need to buy from the cash shop
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Gold and spirit sink. The genies were never nothing more than that. I regret spending anything on mine now, though.

EDIT: er, meant coins.

And just so you know, I think you had it right the first time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Come_Hither - Lost City
    Come_Hither - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:sad stuck with a Lame genie b:cry
  • urbandetox
    urbandetox Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    So spoon.... any updates? It's been 1.5 weeks now. At least give us an idea where it stands...
This discussion has been closed.