Rei's kinda-ok guide for Heavy/Robe Fox.

Comments

• King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    fuzzz wrote: »
    now ..
    i really like the idea of this build (HA veno in general)
    but a few of my friends are hell bent on not letting me go through with this ..
    they go exactly as you stated "heavy veno = fail" :|
    after having read through all the 33 pages i dont doubt it..

but my frnd says that there a few venos in his faction that have tried and dropped this build..cause it sucked..
    just need a a bit more reassuarance lol
    if you're vulnerable to that sort of comment don't make it. simple.
    mainly because many, many people will say you're a failure. and i'm not joking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • fuzzz
    fuzzz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i knew i wanted to go heavy the first time i read through this topic...
    but lets just say that when u keep hearing from ppl it takes a toll :P
    in any case these are my stats at and equipts at level 90

my stats and gear @ level 90 http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=2bbfc9330b13c05a
  • sharpsniper
    sharpsniper Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    [DeityofRain_] (Level 100 Heavy/Robe veno) stats sit at:

(Base stats, no EQ add ons)
    Vit: 114
    Str: 159
    Magic: 229
    Dex: 13
    Hit Points: N/A

(With EQ add ons)

Vit: 249
    Str: 202
    Magic: 259
    Dex: 44
    Hit Points: 9088(self buff) 11685 lvl10 barb buff, 12031 sage buff

20128 pdef fully buff
    6938-7011 m. atk
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    sharpsniper i'll add your stats. I'm just posting this to say, in light of recent events, i've decided to do the responsible thing and quit PWI. I'm 19 and out of school, I need my time to being my career, PWI just consumes alot atm lol.

I'm sorry guys, it's been fun here on PWI but I am going :]
    Hopefully this guide will still serve to help fresh HA/AA venomancers and those considering switching, but it's up to you all to help out each other from now on. ^^
    Good luck :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    sharpsniper i'll add your stats. I'm just posting this to say, in light of recent events, i've decided to do the responsible thing and quit PWI. I'm 19 and out of school, I need my time to being my career, PWI just consumes alot atm lol.

Hopefully this guide will still serve to help fresh HA/AA venomancers and those considering switching, but it's up to you all to help out each other from now on. ^^

Bye Rei, and good luck.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Bye bye, we'll miss you b:byeb:sadb:sad
    *Semi retired*
  • woland
    woland Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Bye, Rei - thanks for all the help. It's sad you have to go.

I finally resetted, at lvl 90. Thanks to this guide, I knew exactly what equip I want and need. I focused on having the most additional stat points possible, to have least handicapped magic attack. Here's the equip I collected for my build:

Equip:

Head: TT90 Ancient Behemoth's Helm +3 - hp+397, dex+6, vit+7, reduce phys damage taken +1%
    Chest: TT90 Mountcrasher Plate +3 +2xbeautiful citrine - hp+266, vit+7
    Legs: TT90 Mountcrasher Cuises +2 +3xbeautiful citrine - hp+256, dex+7, vit+7
    Boots: TT90 Mountcrasher Boots +2 +2xbeautiful citrine - hp+144, vit+7, hp rec+5, mp rec+4
    Sleeves: TT90 Mountcrasher Bracers +3 +3xbeautiful citrine - hp+218, vit+8, str+6, reduce phys damage taken +2%
    Cape: TT90 Mantle of the Ghost Lord +3 +2xperfect citrine - hp+215, str+9, mag+9, dex+9
    Belt: Mogwai Belt - pDef+228, str+6, mag+6, dex+6
    Necklace: Buddha Bone Necklace +2 - str+4, dex+5
    Ring1: Ring of Scorching Heavens +2 - matk+68, dex+5, mag+5
    Ring2: Ring of Scorching Heavens +2 - matk+77, mag+5, mag+5
    Tome: The Voidlands - str+9, dex+9, mag+9, vit+9, crit+1%
    Weapon: Requiem's Blade +5 +1xbeautiful sapphire - dex+11, mag+11, vit+10

Stats (with bonuses):

Vit: 3 (57)
    Str: 199 (233)
    Dex: 5 (63)
    Mag: 258 (308)

Unbuffed:

Hp: 4340
    Mp: 5916
    pAtk: 1471-1989
    mAtk: 4386-5055
    pDef: 6420 (13580 in Fox)
    mDef: 3245

Fully buffed:

Hp: 5642
    MP: 5916
    pAtk: 1604-2168
    mAtk: 5128-5910
    pDef: 12148 (19307 in Fox and over 20k with Sage Golden Bell)
    mDef: 4577

Frankly speaking I was afraid this build will wreck my character, but I quickly realized it's really great. I spend a lot of my time in TT. As Arcane, I was tanking everything really easily, but had problems with such things as pulling Dimentora or Archers changing their aggro. Now I heal little less effectively, but still enough for tanking, but:
    - I run through almost all the mobs
    - I tank Drummer and Soulbanisher without a cleric, using only a few potions
    - I survive almost everything.

I'm constantly working on improving my hp by refining gear and buying perfect citrines for my cape and helmet.

What's perfect, is that I can now use my Fox Form effectively, with attack speed and power that give me a similar damage to normal form magic attacks (about 3 times more hits, but around 3 times weaker).

I could go on and on about BM's and Archers who just cannot kill me, about mixing my HA with Arcane to have better resistances than any LA veno, but you already know all that :)

Thx for help - I hope my post helps a little too :)
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    do i ever get a restat possibility? or is that only by buying stuff from cashshop?
    coz atm im somewhat light armour, and wanting to swap to ha/aa build

and woland: damn that rockz XD
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Just poking around to see what's going on. Guess I can still come back on the fourms and check out what's up :]

@rinuruc; You need to buy restats from the cash shop. If you're still below level 60 just stick to what you've got for now, you're most likley better off.

@ woland. Very nais, I like xD.
    Your build is awesome :P

After I post this I will add sharpsniper's stats cus I almost forgot :[
    I've given my character to a real life friend so if you see me in-game it's not me guys
    (He also knows nothing about heavy venos lol, for now anyway. He'll learn xD.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Just poking around to see what's going on. Guess I can still come back on the fourms and check out what's up :]

@rinuruc; You need to buy restats from the cash shop. If you're still below level 60 just stick to what you've got for now, you're most likley better off.

@ woland. Very nais, I like xD.
    Your build is awesome :P

After I post this I will add sharpsniper's stats cus I almost forgot :[
    I've given my character to a real life friend so if you see me in-game it's not me guys
    (He also knows nothing about heavy venos lol, for now anyway. He'll learn xD.)

lvl 68 atm
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    I'd still say put it off till at least 80+. It's not too far away, just give yourself some time to farm the armour you need and have it refined if needed (recommend refining a cape and robe if you can get your hands on good ones with +stats, most people don't really refine till TT80/TT90 gear.) and all your +stat ornaments, just do a little math to make sure you've got enough stats to switch over so you don't stuff up :]

I'm headed to bed. bye x]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • woland
    edited October 2009
    From my experience:

Under lvl 90 it is very hard to be able to equip both up-to-date armor and weapon so you have to make a choice: weapon or armor.

At lvl 90 you are able to equip TT90 cape which gives you +27 additional stats and Requiem's blade (+10-11 dex). This makes the whole thing really a lot easier and lets you wear lvl89 weapon and tt90 armor at the same time, not leaving you somewhat handicapped. What's more, at lvl 89 you can learn sage fox form, which gives you +150% def instead of +100%, which really makes a difference you can feel and makes the HA build really powerful.

You can, of course, make a HA veno even at lvl 2, but the question is: why?
    - PVP really starts at 80+ levels, and HA is really a PvP build
    - pure Arcane quests/grinds faster than HA, so it's faster to lvl up and cheaper, since you don't really have to invest that much in the equipment - you're good with a mediocre armor and whatever ornaments you find. The only thing that really counts is your weapon and herc/nix.

Woland
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    woland wrote: »
    From my experience:

Under lvl 90 it is very hard to be able to equip both up-to-date armor and weapon so you have to make a choice: weapon or armor.

At lvl 90 you are able to equip TT90 cape which gives you +27 additional stats and Requiem's blade (+10-11 dex). This makes the whole thing really a lot easier and lets you wear lvl89 weapon and tt90 armor at the same time, not leaving you somewhat handicapped. What's more, at lvl 89 you can learn sage fox form, which gives you +150% def instead of +100%, which really makes a difference you can feel and makes the HA build really powerful.

You can, of course, make a HA veno even at lvl 2, but the question is: why?
    - PVP really starts at 80+ levels, and HA is really a PvP build
    - pure Arcane quests/grinds faster than HA
    , so it's faster to lvl up and cheaper, since you don't really have to invest that much in the equipment - you're good with a mediocre armor and whatever ornaments you find. The only thing that really counts is your weapon and herc/nix.

Woland

The downside to this argument is that Requiem Blade isn't very good as far as magic weapons go. The stat bonus is nice, but that's all there is to it.

Also fox form level 3 is 120% defense bonus.

I'm using a build that's....similar to this, though a little different.

I also disagree with the red parts. While most venomancers do go HA for the pvp benefits, this build is certainly not a downgrade for pve. I now switch readily between fox and caster form during grinding and have been told countless times by other venos as well as other class squad members how incredibly fast it goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    Since i'm a level 90 noob (My experience goes as far as my level)
    I had orginally thought that the requiem blade would've made the perfect weapon. I had figured that the dex bonus especially could benefit my accuracy and evasion greatly. To be honest, even though it's refined to +5 I had felt really outclassed by other venomancers and mages at 90 who used wraith conquerer, lunar or other TT90 weapons.

This isn't to say it isn't a bad weapon, but it's more for in-between, it's great when you first restat for dex/mag boost but I do honestly recommend switching when you're able to. If I didn't quit I would've made myself a wraith conquerer after I acquired the last two TT90 arcane peices.

PvP starts at level 30, you just hardly see nubs doing it at this level on a PvE server for fear of being farmed :P
    You will see people more involved in pvp around 70+ though, and 90 is when this build in particular really shines.
    I will agree with Hisuna here, although I made this build myself for pvp, I know a level 1xx heavy demon venomancer who is PvE only. When I grinded I stayed human form even though I do understand that fox pumps out more damage in the long run.

I grinded for coins and meleeing mobs meant less profit from endurance loss and grinding was also quite tedious, I found human form a little more relaxing xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Reiii! Sell me your Arcane gears >.< I am having trouble farming mine, lol.

Also man I haven't been here in awhile. Nice to see you still postin when I see you in Game I am gonna bug the **** out of you Rei.. cause you bettter come back at least sometime. ;-; I miss you so much already. My own little FF Veno Tank Partner in crime. Enrage no the same without another HA Veno to defend meh, XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Woland: Nice build! My only suggestion, that I have found with Heavy gear is that the HIGH side of Phys defense leaves the Mag Def to suffer. The remedy to this is obtaining a second set of arcane. In my case I lose some HP when I do this but the addition of Mag defense where it is needed has REALLY helped.

Also, I have managed to get away from teh need for a reqium blade. =D Which significantly boosted my Magic Attack. Just a few notes and tips, I know Rei mentioned them, but I likes to remind every Veno, that HA is most awesoem if you ahve the best of bother worlds and you can mix and match as you please. Handicapping yourself to relying insanely heavy on your weapon/other main gears to even hold them.. could hurt you when you go to upgrade your gear later on. o.o; I'm jsut rambling now..teehee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • woland
    edited October 2009
    First of all, I never said that HA is PVP-ONLY. I just said that staying arcane gives you at least (in my opinion higher) speed of leveling, grinding, killing, pet-healing and in most cases earning money, so if you do not go PVP, you won't really see what difference this build makes.

Sure, you will be able to solo phys-aoe bosses in TT. Sure, you'll get to play around with fox form skills if you'll buy them, but you won't experience the joy of being practically unbeatable for an archer of your level :)

By "PVP really starts at 80+" I meant the current situation on Sanctuary server, where like 90% (if not more) of PKers are 90+, so being lower than 80 and going PK is pretty much suicide, not worth wasting GA's.

The 100-120% thingie was an obvious mistake, sorry bout that.

Reqiem blade thing - I'm planning to test some other weapons too. The reason I chose Requiem is because it was easily accessible and I really had enough trouble with getting the rest of gear, so I went a little easy on this part :P

Arcane set - I currently have almost full TT90 arcane set (I'm missing a few mats for the chest only, so I'll probably have it next week). I must say it is really nice to see that a heavy-arcane mix (arcane legs and boots + heavy sleeves and chest) give me both higher mdef and pdef than TT90 LA set would give me. Still, atm I'm considering another mix, that is a heavy armor + a heavily refined magic necklace and belt, maybe even some mdef gems in some parts of my armor, to give me as much mdef as I can get without getting below 13k pdef unbuffed. Will tell you how it works :)

Woland
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I disagree. full HA is not good for PvP considering it's not always possible to get good elemental ornaments with stat adds.

I suggest dropping HA bracers at 77 to wear the legendary arcane 1 (for channel reduction) and boots later on. if channel is not a problem then bracers with -interval between attacks will do best (add not avaible for arcane).

Concerning requiem blade I don't like that weapon either. wouldn't ever use that for my wiz but I'd use for my veno though solely for the stat gains. to my standpoint there's not much to do until 9X, when we'll be crossing fingers to make some old HT magic weapon with -% requeriments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Since i'm a level 90 noob (My experience goes as far as my level)
    I had orginally thought that the requiem blade would've made the perfect weapon. I had figured that the dex bonus especially could benefit my accuracy and evasion greatly. To be honest, even though it's refined to +5 I had felt really outclassed by other venomancers and mages at 90 who used wraith conquerer, lunar or other TT90 weapons.

I have to disagree here. In fact I'll go on to say Requiem is the BEST 90 weapon a HA veno could use(aside from gold Frost wand). It only has what 8 less magic attack, which is nothing. Also it will give a heavy armor the most hp benefit, the only thing you are missing out on is -3 chan on wraith conq. Consider any extra stats get restatted into VIT for HA, (11dex + 11vit) gives a total of 22vit, while Wraith conq only gives 15. for what.., so nearly 100hp vs 8matk+-3chan, survivability is more important than damage. To top it off its much more cost effective.

That is to say Matk vs hp is all personal preference, but to say it isn't on par with other 90 weapons.. is blasphemic. I wouldn't recommend it to an arcane user though, but LA/HA get the dex restatted to vit for more total HP than Wraith conq. Thats my view anyways.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My future eq: http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=eec9a2877f7fd8b3
    I am still missing heavy leggings, footwear and tome. I haven't added refine lvls or sockets since they can vary until I have all the pieces. The rings are **** ones but they are just there so I can get all needed +stats. The build is not the best one but I like it :P
  • manfruit
    manfruit Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I got an assumption, now atm my Hp Wing Trophy Cape has 4 socket and 4 immaculate +5. If I was to switch out the 4 immaculate citrines and replace it with Tiger Attack +1 x4, would that be a good idea? Even though I'll lose about 200hp, I would still be around 6.2khp. Would this be a smart idea? It would boost my attack quit a bit :).
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Tbh I wouldn't be worried about losing 200 hp at 6kHP+ for higher attack. Up to you though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Well you know me Rei, I'm an HP ****.
    I was just pointing out itsnot nearly as bad as many people imagine. Infact I've seen people shuttering at the thought of using "ye ole crappy Req Blade" When infact it can be considered one of the better weapons. I use a 99now anyways, though I kinda wish I went with Broken Dream. Mooooore HP! You really dont need higher matk, when a level 100 birds pecking at peoples faces. Just live and pewpew another day. Just spend an extra bit of money refining your weapon if you care about 10 points here or there. This builds all about money anyways.

edit: 6k+? We should be aiming for 9k-10k+(without buff) D:
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Well I was never rich myself and was quite happy sitting at 5k HP unbuffed till 99 gear lol x.X
    Although I had heard from some level 100 veno friends that TT99 stuff was nearing impossible to get due to the bosses being extremly hard or something.

I only had a level 74 nix (I was levelling him up gradually when I could, just the introduction of the BH and OHT at 90 consumed alot more grinding time.) So my nix's attack wasn't so fantastic and aside from that, my bird or other pets for that matter didn't last so long in pvp so when I look at my attack, I was counting out the pets :P

I was originally going to refine the requiem higher than +5 but gold shot up ridiculously >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Yeah.. 99green mats for chest are going 5mil each on HT, and you need 8 of them. The bosses arent too difficult, just have tons of HP. With a stable group who knows what they are doing a run takes a good 4hours. Hard to even get people to have that much free time together. Just time consuming farming, not so much hard.(though average party needs a solid tank and 2clerics[which can also be a pain getting together], so much sleep bosses) I've got my gold mats for chest and leggings(thank you tokens+myst chips), but the greens are proving troublesome.

I've pretty much quit, just want to get the armor to be shiny, so all I do is catshop 24/7.
  • manfruit
    manfruit Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What event boots or Helm would you guys get? I was thinking Heavy Helmet and Arcane boots, since we are HA/AA. But would you guys recommend full Heavy Helmet and boots? I don't want to chose yet because there's no turning back after I exchange it at the Botique Agent xD. So need your guys advice, pretty please :D.
    edited November 2009
    manfruit wrote: »
    What event boots or Helm would you guys get? I was thinking Heavy Helmet and Arcane boots, since we are HA/AA. But would you guys recommend full Heavy Helmet and boots? I don't want to chose yet because there's no turning back after I exchange it at the Botique Agent xD. So need your guys advice, pretty please :D.
    Definatly Heavy helmet, no doubt.

As for boots, this is a tossup.
    Arcane:
    -More mdef
    -10mag(can be used to wear weapon/ restat to vit)
    Heavy:
    -More pdef
    -Higher Refine
    The extra refine hp will far outway the extra 10 usable stats(since heavys strength cant be used to wear itself, but the arcanes mag can be used for a weapon). You cant go wrong with either though. It's really just defense preference and what you use more.
  • verse
    verse Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I was originally going to refine the requiem higher than +5 but gold shot up ridiculously >_>

i am giving that idea a thought, rather than getting a lvl 99 weapon. i was thinking it would be nice to get my current +5 req blade to +8... which is 750 dragon orbs... which, with the current gold prices, is an enormous pain in the ****.

though i did plan to get all TT99 stuffs, i don't really know if i'll ever get to lvl 99... if PWI decides it's their anniversary every day of the year, i'll prolly quit the game once a different game comes along that i want to play.

but until then... keeping hopes up. and wondering whether or not to +++ the req blade or get a lvl 99 wep. what do you guys think?
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    If I kept on going I would've gone for a TT99 weapon for sure whether I kept the requiem or went TT90. I would've also refined it to +6 or 7 at least :x

I was looking up some on pwdatabase a while ago, cant remember names or stats but some of them were pretty good, besides that they also have a higher base m.attack compared to 90.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • verse
    verse Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so yeah i been looking it up TT99 swords. having tested some pataka's in ru calculator thing, i think TT99 will be most beneficial to me.

now i'm wondering whether to go with broken dream for extra HP, or to go with mirage for extra magic.

the calculator shows i have roughly 450 more HP with the broken dream, with magic attack at 4800-5500ish. if i take the mirage, i end up with less HP, but magic attack at around 5000-5700ish.

given my TW activity, i think it would be wise to go with the broken dream for extra HP.

well, i was looking at the uncommon belief pataka... *drool* would like to have, never will probably b:cry