TW Discussion - Twilight Temple

Comments

• HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You don't need a large forum posting, or have been born high levels. But holy was one of the early levelers, and back then all the top leveled people either knew, or knew of, everyone else. We did FBs together, fought in DT together, TWed against each other, and in many cases were in factions together. So holy is pointing out how odd it is for someone who few people know of to have made lvl 100 in the game, without having catshopped or delta

see, I wish i could articulate myself as well as you. Sometimes I adopt a bit of an abrasive tone, unintentionally of course, which results in replies such as this:
    What are you implying? Where you born Lv90+? O well i guess you need 200+ posts on this forum in order to be one of the "Elite".

Telarith, wanna be my PR rep? b:cute

I finished delta prolly less than 13 times and I am lvl101. I did spend some cash to upgrade my weapon (i wasted a lot of orbs refining many unused pole/spear). I grinded almost 8-10 hours/day in the old days. Unfortunately I don;t do that anymore now b:sad. FYi I am still wearing some +1 gears :(

I've completed 1 RB (was a delta for the sachet) and been to 2 zhen parties my entire time in PWI, and yet I still got to 98 without No life-ing (not attacking your grinding Ash >.<) it. I am living proof that aggrevates the truth that venos have it easy b:surrender

....but then again, BM + 4th map = not fair, just not fair! b:cry
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • AshWorth - Sanctuary
    AshWorth - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Sometimes when i have nothing to do (bored of pking, no BH, no TT) I will usually go for a short grind but I realized that it can hardly last for more than an hour. May be this is a sign to tell me that I am bored with the game >.<. I'd lost the momentum to make coins for further upgrade. b:sad
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Telarith, wanna be my PR rep?
    You've already asked my previous main to be your PR rep, don't think you can hire me to take the position you already gave me from me. :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So holy is pointing out how odd it is for someone who few people know of to have made lvl 100 in the game, without having catshopped or delta

believe me he did plenty of delta. Someone people going through this game without ever have to put up a catshop since there AH. There so many players in this game, it's not surprising that there few unknown high lvl out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    believe me he did plenty of delta. Someone people going through this game without ever have to put up a catshop since there AH. There so many players in this game, it's not surprising that there few unknown high lvl out there.

Not sure why people aren't getting the delta comment, but mostly it is pointing out that if they had a small, static delta group, then they could level up with no one knowing who they are. This is because they wouldn't be interacting much outside that small group; because even doing delta would get them known if they did random pick up groups. Context people, it usually is the important thing.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

• Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Not sure why people aren't getting the delta comment, but mostly it is pointing out that if they had a small, static delta group, then they could level up with no one knowing who they are. This is because they wouldn't be interacting much outside that small group; because even doing delta would get them known if they did random pick up groups. Context people, it usually is the important thing.

I know what you meant tela but like you said, he did went with mostly people from regicide. Also inferno already quit the game mean he haven't log in for a long time so it's not surprising that he doesn't know sam. Also inferno doesn't know sam doesn't mean the same apply to others as well. Another thing, sam is a barb which mean he could pretty much choose who and when to delta with, which mean he doesn't have to go with a random group.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cresellia - Sanctuary
    Cresellia - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I know what you meant tela but like you said, he did went with mostly people from regicide. Also inferno already quit the game mean he haven't log in for a long time so it's not surprising that he doesn't know sam. Also inferno doesn't know sam doesn't mean the same apply to others as well. Another thing, sam is a barb which mean he could pretty much choose who and when to delta with, which mean he doesn't have to go with a random group.

Both sides have their points. Holy's already said that he phrased his post poorly, and yes, he did obtain his level differently than a lot of the current high levels did. Holy met me around my low 60's, and I can comment first hand at how interactive the high levels were back then. I often heard about them TT'ing and FB'ing with the very same people that they would have to fight against, sometimes on the very day of the TW. Holy just means that things are different from when he was around his late 70's+ than what it is today. And yes, he has been gone a little while, but Sam would've been around 90 or so when Holy decided to retire from PWI. If Holy knew about me back in September, he could have just as easily known about Sam. All he was commenting on is that to him it's rather odd to not know who all of the high levels these days are, especially when there was a time when every high level at least knew of the rest (if not personally knowing them) usually because they'd encounter other people their level through the more public FBs/TTs/grinding. (I can attest that if I hadn't chosen to grind the majority of 74-90 in OHT, there are some people who I most likely would have never met.)

Is Delta a viable way to level? Yes. Is grinding (for however long a period of time per day) also a rather viable way to level? Definitely. Both have their ups, both have their downs, and both have the potential to give you chances to meet new people. Neither option is better or worse than the other, especially since they both result in the entire point of doing either - getting exp to level. Now let's get this topic back to the point of this thread - TW.
  • tatu3110
    tatu3110 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Guess Sam has the recent Regicide attitude huh ?? of what i have known of Sam i guess he is one of the big mouths and has lil knowledge of himself. I have known holy for a long time now and even though he aint ingame i am still in touch with him. there are still many people in this game who were from the same time period of holy and yeah i would really tell this that the amount of knowledge holy shared with others like me and a few more very very few people did. and there are some noobs i see who intend to say that they know many higher lvls jst to be in the lime light of a certain group of people how many of them exactly know these old school people ?? jst being in the same guild once upon a time doesnt really mean u know them well.
  • Samthesmile - Sanctuary
    Samthesmile - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    tatu3110 wrote: »
    Guess Sam has the recent Regicide attitude huh ?? of what i have known of Sam i guess he is one of the big mouths and has lil knowledge of himself.

Lol now i have the regicide attitude b:chuckle. You are doing the same thing as Holy did and that's asuming things. Holy apperantly misunderstood and when he explained his opinion i understood him.

By the way what's the regicide attitude?b:sad
  • riddiculus
    riddiculus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lol now i have the regicide attitude b:chuckle. You are doing the same thing as Holy did and that's asuming things. Holy apperantly misunderstood and when he explained his opinion i understood him.

By the way what's the regicide attitude?b:sad

Thers's a regicide attitudE?b:shocked ... wat about a nef attitude? or holy attitude or sam attitude?? definition pls.. my dictionary needs an update
  • Samthesmile - Sanctuary
    Samthesmile - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    riddiculus wrote: »
    Thers's a regicide attitudE?b:shocked ... wat about a nef attitude? or holy attitude or sam attitude?? definition pls.. my dictionary needs an update

Beats me.... I never knew it excisted
  • Venomeow - Sanctuary
    Venomeow - Sanctuary Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Guess Sam has the recent Regicide attitude huh ?? of what i have known of Sam i guess he is one of the big mouths and has lil knowledge of himself.
    And as always, the actions of one person do not reflect the nature of an entire faction.

And as Cres said...how about them tws?
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Guess Sam has the recent Regicide attitude huh ?? of what i have known of Sam i guess he is one of the big mouths and has lil knowledge of himself. I have known holy for a long time now and even though he aint ingame i am still in touch with him. there are still many people in this game who were from the same time period of holy and yeah i would really tell this that the amount of knowledge holy shared with others like me and a few more very very few people did. and there are some noobs i see who intend to say that they know many higher lvls jst to be in the lime light of a certain group of people how many of them exactly know these old school people ?? jst being in the same guild once upon a time doesnt really mean u know them well.

Meh, if you were on Sanc my cleric was higher level than you up until December at least, so :P

• Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Lol... just... lol. Who are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:sad TW thread has turned into chit chat thread......but it still is entertaining b:thanks.
  • Myerling - Sanctuary
    Myerling - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Meh, if you were on Sanc my cleric was higher level than you up until December at least, so :P

y have u stopped playing the cleric? 9x must be fun b:chuckle
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    y have u stopped playing the cleric? 9x must be fun b:chuckle

I've been getting books for my cleric, wasted 8 mil SP when genies came out :). But despite how it looks from my messed up avatar, less than 50% away from being demon BM. So soon I'll have two characters over 9X that I can swap between as I want. And not being able to go to the events from time zone change kinda killed the main fun of my cleric: killing everything in my path :)

edited October 2009
    You've already asked my previous main to be your PR rep, don't think you can hire me to take the position you already gave me from me. :)

just who exactly is your main?? b:question

and also, reverting back to topic: is anything really going on in tw? I've been told it's as red as the eye can see b:shocked
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    just who exactly is your main?? b:question

Moi. Made only 50% since Mayish doing the odd WQ every once in a while. My BM is just too over-powered for most things to go back to cleric, until I can duo them with an assassin on a 2nd account likely. Really wish I had made the two on seperate accounts all that time ago. Still craft my molds with Sylvae though :)
    edited October 2009
    Moi. Made only 50% since Mayish doing the odd WQ every once in a while. My BM is just too over-powered for most things to go back to cleric, until I can duo them with an assassin on a 2nd account likely. Really wish I had made the two on seperate accounts all that time ago. Still craft my molds with Sylvae though :)

SYLVAE!!!!! b:dirtyb:cute

so that's where you've been hiding !
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    you should post with the cleric avatar more, i think it's prettier than the bm one b:laugh
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Mostly been posting in the BM forum, with a cleric one tossed in every once in a while. Plus I keep hoping that my avatar will update it's level one of these days; hopefully next level when I demon up, or 90th with TT90 armor.

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    so Telerith is not actually lvl 77? but even the 8x bm looks not as nice as the cleric avatar (esp with that long nose that curves forward) b:chuckle

the 8x+ cleric avatar looks so sweet, like all she does is wanna give you a hug b:cute
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Nice report.

Just one question... will Regicide accept a defeat from a lowbie faction on they last land just to be able to conquer the new tideborn lands?

edit: let me guess... only this weekend will tell?
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Will the few land owning guilds be able to set aside their differences and unite to restore the former balances of power? Only time will tell!

With the server the way it is the only solution to beating nef is the same as its been for awhile, one big super faction. Ever since the super faction Legendary became a not so super faction and the drop outs went to other factions no one has been close to even challenging nef for land. Many people were talking about a super faction around late august and I believe it is still the only solution. I know some people made factions and tried to recruit 90+ and that ended up failing.

I think the best way to do it would be to take it to the forums and have a huge topic until the sanctuary community can come to an agreement on how to make a new super faction. Of course there is the option of just letting nef win all the lands and then we can bring this topic back up when its painfully obvious that it is the only solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary
    NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    With the server the way it is the only solution to beating nef is the same as its been for awhile, one big super faction. Ever since the super faction Legendary became a not so super faction and the drop outs went to other factions no one has been close to even challenging nef for land. Many people were talking about a super faction around late august and I believe it is still the only solution. I know some people made factions and tried to recruit 90+ and that ended up failing.

I think the best way to do it would be to take it to the forums and have a huge topic until the sanctuary community can come to an agreement on how to make a new super faction. Of course there is the option of just letting nef win all the lands and then we can bring this topic back up when its painfully obvious that it is the only solution.

the whole server agreeing on something?
    i somehow dont see that happening @_@

but would be a very awesome thing to see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The knife slides down the tip of my tongue.
    I'm finding pleasure in watching you writhe.
    I lean in just to lick the sweat off your face.
    I taste the reverence dripping down my throat.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Have to kinda agree on super faction idea but.....i think bitterness and ego will keep a real super faction apart. People just arent gonna give up their guilds to join another like i dont expect Enelysion to merge with Leg, or TheDan to give up on Reg and merge some other guild or vice versa. If it was a pvp server i can see mergers happening but on pve you dont really have pkers/kos to protect your members from, its mainly just people who dont get along.

Sanctuary is going to just have to hope for a good triple attack on Nef or its over with. It worked on Lost City for a while Spectral, Riot, RQ vs CQ until *cough* Riot up and died. In my opinion i'd like to see Reg, Leg, and Enelysion vs Nef but not happening. Leg not happy with Reg or vice versa doesn't exactly help out their cause when they call each other out either but who am i to say it, it might just be propaganda.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The agreement and organization part would obviously be the most difficult part of making it happen. At least give it a try though. We could try to make a topic about it or we could get everyone to go on MSN or try to have a special sanctuary meeting on a willing factions vent/ts. I know that everyone who posts on these forums may be willing to join a faction like this and with all these different personalities it could be interesting to see how fun it would be.

More roadblocks would be: what faction would we fall into?would it be a completely new faction? who would pay for the new faction? who would the officers be? These would be things we would discuss I would imagine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Corennes - Sanctuary
    Corennes - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    RED + 1 b:victory
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Have to kinda agree on super faction idea but.....i think bitterness and ego will keep a real super faction apart. People just arent gonna give up their guilds to join another like i dont expect Enelysion to merge with Leg, or TheDan to give up on Reg and merge some other guild or vice versa. If it was a pvp server i can see mergers happening but on pve you dont really have pkers/kos to protect your members from, its mainly just people who dont get along.

Sanctuary is going to just have to hope for a good triple attack on Nef or its over with. It worked on Lost City for a while Spectral, Riot, RQ vs CQ until *cough* Riot up and died. In my opinion i'd like to see Reg, Leg, and Enelysion vs Nef but not happening. Leg not happy with Reg or vice versa doesn't exactly help out their cause when they call each other out either but who am i to say it, it might just be propaganda.

I respectfully disagree. I believe the merger would at most accomplish another stalemate that the old Nef v Leg had. Then we'd have to wait for another faction to stand up against Nef like the old Reg did to break the stalemate.

It looks bleak for the Sanctuary server if we cannot do what even the players on the Lost City server can do. If the 2nd 3rd and 4th strongest factions combined are unable to take land from the Big Red, then we must have it worse here than the players on the Lost City server do.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI