TW Discussion - Twilight Temple

Comments

• Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I respectfully disagree. I believe the merger would at most accomplish another stalemate that the old Nef v Leg had. Then we'd have to wait for another faction to stand up against Nef like the old Reg did to break the stalemate.

A merger would not work because people give up too easily. We can tell from past experience...

And I have to disagree that Regicide was the factor that broke the stalemate. The mass quitting of LG members did more damage than Regi ever could.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol I'm sure regi hurt us more than they helped by turning on us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    A merger would not work because people give up too easily. We can tell from past experience...

And I have to disagree that Regicide was the factor that broke the stalemate. The mass quitting of LG members did more damage than Regi ever could.

I was giving an example of one possible way to take Nef land. Just the concept of joint attacks from Regi + Leg were able to overpower Nef is all I was trying to say.

Forgot to account for mass Drama which can also be a factor to a faction's downfall. xD
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    lol I'm sure regi hurt us more than they helped by turning on us.

Ok... still proves the point that we had the potential to help push it either way... out of the 2 month long deadlocks of 3 hour TWs.

• Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Yes Regi as the 3rd best faction did have the potential to change the flow in TWs back then. But the 6 other decent factions that attempted to gang leg and nef also made some noise.

I don't think there needs to be a 3rd TW faction attacking nef with the super faction since when the whole map is taken by nef all the factions will be forced to attack nef. IMO Nef is a little overrated and a faction filled with the best of the best in Sanctuary could potentially take land. Would be interesting to see if we would win support from the other factions.

Even if what you say is true (another stalemate), it would be a hell of a lot better than whats going on now and what the future of our shame filled server is. So get to work guys and make the super faction happen b:pleased

(thread is officially superfaction thread until it gets completely shot down)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I respectfully disagree. I believe the merger would at most accomplish another stalemate that the old Nef v Leg had. Then we'd have to wait for another faction to stand up against Nef like the old Reg did to break the stalemate.

It looks bleak for the Sanctuary server if we cannot do what even the players on the Lost City server can do. If the 2nd 3rd and 4th strongest factions combined are unable to take land from the Big Red, then we must have it worse here than the players on the Lost City server do.

Yep, your entitled to your opinion mine is kinda the same but a lil dif, later on in my post i even said they'd have to do a 3 vs 1 to hope to win.

I will clarify my post (that you quoted) since i worded it all over the place b:surrender. Your going to need mergers of guilds into 3 different guilds like just as an example Enelysion + Leg=factor B, Reg+outlaw= factor A, Recluse+Valdius+Liquid+someone else o.o = factor C. That is why i said i kinda agreed to a super faction idea but it wont happen.
  • ExiledSaint - Sanctuary
    ExiledSaint - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Sooo once Nef "paints the map red"
    whats the plan??

You guys are working for it but what will you do what it happens?

A good pat on the back
    a good job guys
    and....?
  • Myerling - Sanctuary
    Myerling - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    let the tw salary sit and grow?
    edited October 2009
    so basically say bye to the fun of the game?

b:byeb:sad
  • Myerling - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    i can see some people looking for "fun" going away from Nef to other factions to make for good TWs, but Nef as a whole will probably just sit there, i mean what do you expect them to do? disband and let the map go pve again? the fun has to come from other factions willing to attack Nef
    edited October 2009
    well from what i've seen, Nef, interestingly, doesn't usually attack unless they get attacked first

yea usually. from watching the bidding for tw, what was it 2 weeks ago?
    They attacked Regicide first. Then Regicide bid on them.

So yea usually

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    No good emotes that i can put on here.
    They need ones like in game.
  • Myerling - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    yea usually. from watching the bidding for tw, what was it 2 weeks ago?
    They attacked Regicide first. Then Regicide bid on them.

So yea usually

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    No good emotes that i can put on here.
    They need ones like in game.

they didnt attack leg until leg attacked them, same with steel. and i don't remember how the bid went that week, since i wasn't there to see it i don't know who bidded on who first.
  • NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary
    NaitomeaDesu - Sanctuary Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Quite.... a conversation you got here.
    And a question i had been wondering as well
    the first one not any otheres
    lol :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The knife slides down the tip of my tongue.
    I'm finding pleasure in watching you writhe.
    I lean in just to lick the sweat off your face.
    I taste the reverence dripping down my throat.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Recluse+Valdius+Liquid+someone else o.o = factor C.

the 3 of them + outlaw would hardly be the equivalent of Enelysion xD

it needs to be the best 200 people on the server in one faction IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited October 2009

lol yeah those guild mergers was just as an example not real choices.

I dont think one super faction is a good choice at this point cause at worst you fail and lose in 1-2 hours or at most it'll be a stalemate until one guild severly outgears the other on average i dont mean just a dozen players with +12 weapons and +8 gear i mean like 100+ players with +6 armor immaculate and up and +8 weapons and up because +3-5 gears just aint gonna get it done. I say at most it'll be a stalemate since i remember one of Leg's former lvl 100's said even when they concentrated on arch to defend they still lost in 1 1/2 hours.

Super factions have too high of expectations look at what happen to Steel when they hit a wall or Outlaw (2nd version with Herne and Ayano) and when the results are less then desirable your fast joining players will be fast leaving. If you could build a nice comrade feeling in guild, get most of them to believe in a "cause", recruit on a vouch basis not just cause their a high lvl then maybe u can do it. I think you should ask Steel's former leader and Outlaw's former leader or leader what went so wrong maybe u can learn something that you can improve upon to help prevent it. Until then i say it wont happen at least anytime soon since people are rather pessimistic its been done b4 and failed so they wont be as quick to join the bandwagon of another "lets change the map guild" or if they do they wont stick with it when the guild is in the dark.

Edit - Off super faction topic: Whats up with these nub guilds bidding like so early like OMG grow a brain bid at the last minute or last hour or so it'll save you much more coins >.> paying 5 mill to attack a land and lose in 10 min is stupid even if you get a x% refund. Its soooo lame when u notice lol that one land got a 4-6 million bid and the land right next to it is 500k and the results are still the same one big L. /rant
    edited October 2009
    they didnt attack leg until leg attacked them, same with steel.

Ah back to past TWs?
    Well i cannot speak much for those
    don't remember em
  • Nassinew - Sanctuary
    Nassinew - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009

unless nef has a core breakdown or something, it aint ever gonna happen IMO. but i do hope u guys can sort something out to put up a real fight. best of luck to you.
  • Nassinew - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    oh please, thats a bs excuse, "they attacked us so we attacked back" nef would have attacked leg if leg did not attack first. that is a fact b:bye
    edited October 2009
    oh please, thats a bs excuse, "they attacked us so we attacked back" nef would have attacked leg if leg did not attack first. that is a fact b:bye

let me lighten the mood o.o lol fail quote

jk <insert rose emote from game here >
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nassinew - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    let me lighten the mood o.o lol fail quote

jk <insert rose emote from game here >

no no, defo a fail quote b:laugh

edit and got rid coz im a little to drunk to get it to work b:surrender
    edited October 2009
    no no, defo a fail quote b:laugh

edit and got rid coz im a little to drunk to get it to work b:surrender

xD very good reason hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Aside from the levels/salary/gear... We put up a good fight against Nef, but they will inevitably be able to just ironguard tank us at the Crystal, with 4 100+ Barbs ironguarding at crystal each push will do quite the amount of damage.

As many times as we pushed them out of the base, they don't even need to kill our people to win, they just need to haul **** long enough to get into the base then ironguard lol.

• Reminissions - Sanctuary
    Reminissions - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Aside from the levels/salary/gear... We put up a good fight against Nef, but they will inevitably be able to just ironguard tank us at the Crystal, with 4 100+ Barbs ironguarding at crystal each push will do quite the amount of damage.

As many times as we pushed them out of the base, they don't even need to kill our people to win, they just need to haul **** long enough to get into the base then ironguard lol.

Translation for person not used to people who are not going straight in their words:
    "They are nub, they need overpowered pots to win us, without it they lose lul."

In that analyze you forget some points:
    1.Nefarious need to push you in your keep, ironguard aint doing everything in that.
    2.If Nefarious was only good to use barb+Ironguard, your cat barb would get to our HQ. D'oh.

Nefarious may use 1337 pot. Yet you do too, in massive usage too.
    edited October 2009
    Translation for person not used to people who are not going straight in their words:
    "They are nub, they need overpowered pots to win us, without it they lose lul."

In that analyze you forget some points:
    1.Nefarious need to push you in your keep, ironguard aint doing everything in that.
    2.If Nefarious was only good to use barb+Ironguard, your cat barb would get to our HQ. D'oh.

Nefarious may use 1337 pot. Yet you do too, in massive usage too.

Remi i <3 u and all but don't take people's words and twist them around
    I know you are smart and you know your "nub" translation isn't what he means.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009

sorry, but that's what Dan means :P Read behind word.
    edited October 2009
    Rivals will be Rivals. Very Unfortunate however
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    I'm not there to do any kind of rivalry. I just like to debate, so I start the debate ;D
    edited October 2009
    You are silly my buddy.

But twisting words to start debates isn't the best idea
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    I like debating. I like 50% of regicide. I like 80% of nef. however I hate both these factions for being better than me so QQ gtfo you all suck b:sad

I'm thinking dan will like the superfaction idea a bit more when nef takes their last land b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited October 2009
    oh noooooooos b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]