Rising Tide Questions [First round of answers posted!]

Comments

• Delkitty - Dreamweaver
    Delkitty - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My question is: "with the new race and classes coming out with the expansion how is Assasin skills be cuz I seen in another game that they become invisible and is unable to be hit while invisible meaning is there going to be new attribute points, like smartness? and for Psychics being able to control things and objects will it stun and control your oppenent to kill itself?
  • Shuy - Dreamweaver
    Shuy - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    php-c-u-1.jpg

php-c-u-2.jpg[/QUOTE]

Oh i love these..

And about the equipments of course they got their own weapons imagine the first few people with some of these..
    And the armour someone said the Assassin will wear light armour so the Psychics will probably have magic so the clerics they sold their equipments to get ready for the classes bit silly then ain't itb:chuckle

Just hope people don't mess up their builds b:chuckle

And i know only speculation but with people asking when the classes come out the fact that the land is already on the servers and all this mb i wouldn't be surprised if we see them come out late November.

Can't wait.
    Quit PWI JUNE 2009.
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    More information:

Tideborn has 4 map base south of DWP; the starter city of new race, main city and map for high level adventurer including the new regional quest.

There will be new dungeon (hall of retribution-translated) that has 15 bosses. Players need to kill 7 of them and pick 1 of the 4 bosses to complete with reward.

2 sets of new armor for all classes that can be use to upgrade from old armor and they inherit the refine level and gems imbued from previous armor.

New regional quest allows players to participate, the participation of these player will share common goal toward completion of this quest. The first 3 highest rating will get additional rewards.

Daily quest for couple (husband and wife) and can only complete by them. Quest contents base on traditional love story of China.

New storage system allows character in the same account to share same equipments (even bounded item too) and refine level, gems imbued.

Add new fashion (Hat and head accessories)

On Equiptments upgrade;

You can upgrade Lunar/99 and L100 weapon (L100 on seperate path) and NO upgrade on Rank 8

Note on upgrade of lunar and L99 - When you upgrade your weapon/armor, it assigned grade 15 stats and refind, this is not known (can be normal grade 15stats you bought from NPC ot looted I.E MP +150 etc.) and there is no confirmation that original stats will stay.

We need CH item to facilitate upgrade.

I hope the upgrade patch is exclude from this expension, nothing worth but pay more money
  • gggame
    gggame Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thank you, very imformative post.
    Cant wait anymore....... I want the new update right now.
  • Onlyrecoil - Harshlands
    Onlyrecoil - Harshlands Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Will the armor for the new races have a custom visual design exclusive to the tideborn race? For example, will a Tideborn using the Necromancy Robe set look any different from a Human using the same set? I know it seems like an odd question but I thought I should bring it up since the "?" outline in the preview section doesn't look like any armor I've looked at on ecatomb.
  • gggame
    edited October 2009
    It's really unfair. New classes use new weapon, extreme strong skills but the old classes use the same weapon, and venomancer, wizard, cleric even use the same types of weapon, etc......
    I think they must upgrade new weapons for all old classes.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    gggame wrote: »
    It's really unfair. New classes use new weapon, extreme strong skills but the old classes use the same weapon, and venomancer, wizard, cleric even use the same types of weapon, etc......
    I think they must upgrade new weapons for all old classes.

I tend to agree. I'm really disappointed by the blandness of weapons throughout the levels. The TT 70/80 weps don't look much different. Matter of fact instead of looking nicer all I really noticed about weapons before 90 is they just get bigger. Would be nice if they'd implement more detail in the weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daji - Heavens Tear
    Daji - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There isn't any new weapon for existing classes but upgrade. Once you upgrade to Grade 15, it change the model of the weapon and armor. Upgrade of these equipment is part of the reason the couldn't fix the urgy model. Not sure new races have their own armor look and feel but since they are aqual races, I dont rule out that option. Good thing is they put in some personalization (what sure what is tho ) in this patch too.

From the look of it's new skills, it seem over power but in reality their skills are narrow, specific and not versatile.
  • helljumperx
    helljumperx Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Some more pics of textures for the expansion, some weapon textures, and some mermaid transformation pictures.

[removing these]

Edit: And yes, the new classes do get new weapons. There are weapon models for dagger grades 1-18.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited October 2009

mmmmmm sexy b:dirty

I'm curious to see if the gms will let this stand b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hey can we please make an effort not to **** into the game files? It's against the ToS so please don't post it on this forum b:victory
  • helljumperx
    helljumperx Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Hey can we please make an effort not to **** into the game files? It's against the ToS so please don't post it on this forum b:victory

b:cry

We can't make an exception, just this once? :P
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    yea >.>

o well i saw em already xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Sorry but exceptions can't be made when it comes to the ToS, those images don't show much anyway.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    LOL yea couldnt see anything but purple skin xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    showed enough to prove those other images of the actual player characters that everyone said was a photoshop are real b:victory

well.. prove as far as can be shown over the internet lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Ophelius - Dreamweaver
    Ophelius - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Edit: And yes, the new classes do get new weapons. There are weapon models for dagger grades 1-18.

I thought max grade was 16. O_0
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    showed enough to prove those other images of the actual player characters that everyone said was a photoshop are real b:victory

well.. prove as far as can be shown over the internet lol...
    proved them wrong >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Lady_marta - Dreamweaver
    Lady_marta - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I thought max grade was 16. O_0

Since the be all end all level among any version is 150, and we're only up to 105 at the moment, it's pretty much a given that there would be higher grades.
    God of healing, bless those that stand before you...
    Grant me the righteous power to banish evil!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Not sure if this has been asked, but can other classes equip the daggers and orbs or is it just a req. for the Tideborns?

Also vise-versa.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Will there be a new server that comes out with the expansion?
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Will there be a new server that comes out with the expansion?

no

been confirmed by GMs MANY MANY times
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Has anyone asked...

At character creation, will users be able to FULLY customize their Tideborn character's? Or will it be more of a limited thing, like Barbarian's?
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • _tina_ - Lost City
    _tina_ - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    since they have wings like elfs does that mean that they
    can fly from lvl 1 aswell ?

can they turn into mermaids on ground and in air aswell?
    or only in water?
    ****.****.ins
    Cuz theyll Kick your **** before you spot them
    b:chuckle
  • gsdsandme
    gsdsandme Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1. I saw on another thread that there is a transformation of Tideborn into mermaids. Does that mean they will resemble the ones we see as mobs in the game, with half human/half fish bodies? Or something else?

2. What will happen to fashion/armour when this transformation takes place? Will they disappear, remain visible, but with fish tail added (as in Disney's Little Mermaid when she was transformed back from human, and lay on the deck of the ship in the human dress she had worn while on land with the prince)?

3. What sort of aerogear/mounts will be available to them? I assume that since they are primarily water based, that there will be some sort of transportation that will give them the same speed underwater that the other classes have on land/air?
  • /Radar/ - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    gsdsandme wrote: »
    3. What sort of aerogear/mounts will be available to them? I assume that since they are primarily water based, that there will be some sort of transportation that will give them the same speed underwater that the other classes have on land/air?

try reading the first post in the thread b:victory

they will have wings, like the elves, however the wings will be unique in appearance to the tideborn

i cant wait to see what they look like personally b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- retired 11/06/09
  • Gentian - Heavens Tear
    Gentian - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    =/ okay my only question is will there be a new server...because that would be nice lol
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    =/ okay my only question is will there be a new server...because that would be nice lol

lulz. This question's already been asked and answered. It's no.

But yea, would be very nice. Maybe one a little more down south ... say, like Louisiana. Right next door to me would be nice.

My internet speed sux. >.>,
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:cry i didn't get to see those pics , :( meanie spoons killed my excitment. you owe me a cookie nao T~T
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • gggame
    edited October 2009
    When will they update? I cant wait for The Rising Tide anymore but GM even did not announce more information.
    I think they must upgrade all the skills of old classes to maintain the balance between four races.
This discussion has been closed.